Reduce rows displayed but putting 3 rows in one row

Hi all,

I'm using PB6.5. I have an SQL DW that fetch some
information from the DB but should display only two columns:
a code and a value. Also they are displayed in the trailer
of a group if that's actually important.

In order to reduce displayed rows count, i would like to
display each 3 rows in one
row(Code,Value,Code,Value,Code,Value).
The question is how can i do that?.

I've tried to use computed fields and in the second and
third pair values to use code[1],value[1],code[2],value[2]
but only the code[1],value[1] are OK(Showing next row's
data), the third pair is equal to the second pair. I
couldn't put an expression in the square brackets since the
PB don't like it. I thought i will hide all rows-1 that
don't divide by 3 and somehow using auto height in order to
lose the spaces between the displayed rows. Anyway nothing
of this can happen before i solve the values in the third
pair columns.

This is a display only DW, so I know i can solve this by
using external DW and in run time fill it and put it above
my original DW, but i'm trying to avoid this since my
application make other calculations and prints on the
original DW.

I hope it is clear enought.

Thanks in advance,
Yaron
0
Yaron

Have you looked at the N-Up report type?

<Yaron Goldvag> wrote in message news:400272b4.2954.846930886@sybase.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using PB6.5. I have an SQL DW that fetch some
> information from the DB but should display only two columns:
> a code and a value. Also they are displayed in the trailer
> of a group if that's actually important.
>
> In order to reduce displayed rows count, i would like to
> display each 3 rows in one
> row(Code,Value,Code,Value,Code,Value).
> The question is how can i do that?.
>
> I've tried to use computed fields and in the second and
> third pair values to use code[1],value[1],code[2],value[2]
> but only the code[1],value[1] are OK(Showing next row's
> data), the third pair is equal to the second pair. I
> couldn't put an expression in the square brackets since the
> PB don't like it. I thought i will hide all rows-1 that
> don't divide by 3 and somehow using auto height in order to
> lose the spaces between the displayed rows. Anyway nothing
> of this can happen before i solve the values in the third
> pair columns.
>
> This is a display only DW, so I know i can solve this by
> using external DW and in run time fill it and put it above
> my original DW, but i'm trying to avoid this since my
> application make other calculations and prints on the
> original DW.
>
> I hope it is clear enought.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Yaron

0
Larry
1/12/2004 5:42:25 PM
N-up's don't allow groups.  Using newspaper columns won't work either.
If it is in the trailer, you should be able to use column, column[-1],
column[-2].  Create a group that breaks every 3 rows.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://www.pb9books.com

"Larry Molter" <lmolter1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> Have you looked at the N-Up report type?
>
> <Yaron Goldvag> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm using PB6.5. I have an SQL DW that fetch some
> > information from the DB but should display only two columns:
> > a code and a value. Also they are displayed in the trailer
> > of a group if that's actually important.
> >
> > In order to reduce displayed rows count, i would like to
> > display each 3 rows in one
> > row(Code,Value,Code,Value,Code,Value).
> > The question is how can i do that?.
> >
> > I've tried to use computed fields and in the second and
> > third pair values to use code[1],value[1],code[2],value[2]
> > but only the code[1],value[1] are OK(Showing next row's
> > data), the third pair is equal to the second pair. I
> > couldn't put an expression in the square brackets since the
> > PB don't like it. I thought i will hide all rows-1 that
> > don't divide by 3 and somehow using auto height in order to
> > lose the spaces between the displayed rows. Anyway nothing
> > of this can happen before i solve the values in the third
> > pair columns.
> >
> > This is a display only DW, so I know i can solve this by
> > using external DW and in run time fill it and put it above
> > my original DW, but i'm trying to avoid this since my
> > application make other calculations and prints on the
> > original DW.
> >
> > I hope it is clear enought.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Yaron

0
Terry

how to drag and drop one row from one datawindow and update the exist row in other datawindow ?
I liked to drag and drop a field (assume: name) from a row of one datawindow (dw_1) to another datawindow (dw_2), and also update the exist row in dw_2. Thanks for help. -- Best regards, Ridwan Goldbase Technology Visit our Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html http://members.tripod.com/goldbase http://members.xoom.com/goldbase * Check out the Y2K (Year 2000 Problems - Millenium Bugs) Take a look at the Drag Drop entries in the help file. Basically, you need to turn on Dragging using Drag(Begin!). When you drop onto dw_2, the drag...

I want to select top 3 rows except the first from 4 rows of a Table. It should select from top 2 row,top3 row and top4 row.
 Hi, Let say I've 4 rows in a table. I want to select top 3 rows except the first from 4 rows of a Table. It should select from top 2 row,top3 row and top4 row. Thanks in advance Asghar Ali Mohammed http://www.aliwebdev.com(Web Designer and Developer)Do not forget to "MARK AS ANSWER" on the post that helped you. If you can use Linq, you can use Skip. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vcsharp/aa336757.aspxThanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET Hii dear..U can fire the Query select Top(3) from Table1 order by id desc.. "A conclusion is whe...

First Row, Next Row, Prior Row, Last Row
I have a SQL Anywhere 7.0 Database, have a table Product_detail which contains Column Name Datatype width Null Default batch_id char(10) No None prod_id Integer No None employee_id Integer No None quantity Integer No None price Numeric (14, 2) No None Its primary key is batch_id I have a Freeform Datawindow with this table I want to provide the first row, next row, prior row and last row Ho...

Displaying 2 rows as one row in GridView--very urgent
Hi I need to display 2 rows as a one row in Gridview like this in text boxes and also I need horizontal paging on the gridview... any help would be much appreciated !!! ---------------------------------------------------------<<  Jan| Feb| Mar| Apr| May| Jun| Jul|   >>---------------------------------------------------------  A  10 |  20 |  30 |  40 |  50 |  60 |  70 |  B  10 |  20 |  30 |  40 |  50 |  60 |  70 |&...

Display data in one row with many child rows
Hi all, Could i display data like this :                             DetailPerson        Column 1       Column 2                   name 1         address 1person 1      age 1         &nbs...

How to read a dataset one row by one row?
I know you can use DataSet after close sql connection. I want to something after getting dataset, read from one row by one row, just like while datareader.read() Can I read dataset just like this? Thanks in advance! Justin Is this what you're looking for (from the Tips and Tricks Section of ASPNet101.com):http://aspnet101.com/aspnet101/tips.aspx?id=175David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multiple controls with one control!Calendar Express - The Best HTML Calendar Generator on the web!(Please 'Mark as Answer&...

(Fwd) How to loop through a database, row by row, and select and update one row at a time
----- Forwarded message from Troy Mulder <mulderta@gmail.com> ----- Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:48:37 -0400 From: Troy Mulder <mulderta@gmail.com> To: Tim.Bunce@pobox.com Subject: How to loop through a database, row by row, and select and update one row at a time Hello Tim (is it Dr. Bunce?), My name is Troy Mulder, and I am trying to get a perl script to interface with a PostgreSQL database. I am trying to step through each row of the database, and read one column of the row, and update another column of the row. When I follow the online tutorial a...

(DATAGRID)How to put 1st column in one row and the rest in the row below?
For example, I want to display a FIELD1,FIELD2,FIELD3,FIELD4 from a table in a datagrid this way: ---------------------------------------------- FIELD1("colspanning it") ---------------------------------------------- FIELD2 | FIELD3 | FIELD4 ---------------------------------------------- FIELD1("colspanning it") ---------------------------------------------- FIELD2 | FIELD3 | FIELD4...

Repeater display row w/ data when Row.count = 0 (i.e. add a row)
Hi, OK, working w/ nested repeaters - outer repeater will always have data but inner repeater may or may not have data - i.e: Record 1 (outer repeater) - Record 1a (inner repeater) - Record 1b - Record 1c Record 2 - no data Record 3 - Record 3a - Record 3b ... What I need to do is for each loop of the inner repeater where there is no data, force the inner repeater to display a single row that will be populated with previously-obtained data. This is a monthly report of active and inactive aircraft and while most will always have records in th...

Row height 3.25 will only put 2 rows on a page.
I am trying to print on labels that are 3 x 3. 3 across, 3 down on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. If the row height is 3.25, it should be able to print all three rows on a page but I only get 2. All bands are at 0 height. Any ideas. Have tried in PB 8.0.1 and PB 6.5.1. Thanks Mike Mike Try setting your page margins smaller, on the Print Specifications tab. But one question, you said your lables are 3X3, and you want to put 3 across. I imagine would require 9 inches of paper, but your paper is only 8.5 inches wide. So is your data being cut off on the right side also? ...

Displaying two rows of database column data in one row of datagrid
Hello, I am trying to display two rows of an access column on one row of datagrid. Is that possible? Example of my intended datagrid: courseNo of course1courseNo of course2 courseNo of course3courseNo of course4 here's the HTML view of my aspx file: <Asp:datagrid id="DataGrid1" style="Z-INDEX: 101; LEFT: 104px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 40px"    runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" Height="320px" Width="488px">    <Columns>     <asp:TemplateColumn>      &...

Calculated value of a field in the row is getting displayed in the next row instead of the same one
I have a Gridview in which I am pulling data from an access database. One of the columns in the gridview pulls a field named Last Login Date. I want to calculate the difference between the Last Login Date and the Current Date and display the calculated difference in an additional column in the same row. I have verified that the calculation is happening just fine. But when the page is displayed, the calculated value is getting displayed in the next row instead of the same row. The value of Difference in the first row is showing as 0 (zero). Calculated Values ...

retrieving from row # to row #.
I have over 750 000 rows to retrieve from a table using a datawindow, but my system can only handle approx 30 000 rows and I would like to start from the end of the table. Is it possible to set the row numbers to retrieve? For example, start the retrieve from row 750 000 and stop at row 720 000. There must be a way. thanks, Vern what backend are you using? <Vern> wrote in message news:6BA241541AAD7F2F0063357385256C40.0063358685256C40@webforums... > I have over 750 000 rows to retrieve from a table using a datawindow, but > my system can only handle approx 30 ...

accessing row by row
first of all sorry if i posted this in a wrong place but i'm new to powerbuilder and i have to develop a program quite quickly ( i only worked with acces until now) i have been provided a excel spreadsheet that contains all coloms and rows from all tables wich i have to insert in a database. The difficulty is that i can't use a datapipeline because i need to use a string function to check in wich table i have to put it: TABLENAME_COLUMNNAME -> i thought about using the string function to find out the right column in the right database. however i don't know how you ...

Web resources about - Reduce rows displayed but putting 3 rows in one row - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Wikipedia:File copyright tags/Displayed and ranked - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... images in Wikipedia. In order to more easily locate the best copyright tag for any given image, currently available copyright tags are displayed ...

Facebook to adjust calculations for total check-ins displayed on place pages
... go into effect within the next few weeks, and page owners might notice a difference in their total “were here” tally. Total check-ins are displayed ...

CSS3 : What is the best method for adding 2x images to webpages that will be displayed on the new iPad ...
Answer (1 of 14): WebKit deals in logical pixels and a device pixel ratio to render stuff. It knows nothing about the physical pixels of the ...

QuakeFeed Earthquake Map, Alerts and News - World Earthquakes Displayed on Esri Maps on the App Store ...
Get QuakeFeed Earthquake Map, Alerts and News - World Earthquakes Displayed on Esri Maps on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

Is this not bigotry displayed by Houston, TX 3rd grade teacher Angela Box? - YouTube
There is a controversy brewing over third grade elementary school teacher Angela Box. She teaches at Houston Independent School District (HISD) ...

John Robertson displayed error of judgment over Michael McGurk bribe offer for Currawong, inquiry finds ...
Labor leader John Robertson displayed an &#8220;error of judgment&#8221; by failing to report an attempted $3 million bribe from late businessman ...

Surgeon who cut away child's hip bone displayed 'unsatisfactory professional performance'
... orthopaedic surgeon who removed substantial bone from a teenage girl's misaligned hip, further destabilising it and destroying her joint, displayed ...

Wrong flag displayed before North Korea soccer match halts Games
... international incident when the North Korea women's team refused to take the field for more than an hour after the South Korean flag was displayed ...

MH17 plane fragment to be displayed by Russian museum: reports
A fragment of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 will be put on display despite investigators seeking all debris to find out why it crashed.

Sydney siege: Flag displayed during Martin Place hostage crisis not same as that used by terrorist group ...
The flag displayed during the siege at a Sydney cafe is not the same one used by the Islamic State terrorist group.