re: PB 7.02 -Crash after printing composite datawindow containing blob

Hi,
We just migrated our code to PB 7.02(with latest patch) and are having a
weird problem. We have a composite datawindow that contains two
datawindow with blobs in them.
Now when we print that composite datawindow and close the window, the
application crashes. We debugged it and it crashes somewhere in the
destructor event of one of the datawindow control.
If you close the window without printing it works fine.Another thing I
should mention as well is that we do some updates when we print.
We thought maybe the composite dw got corrupted so we created a brand
new one but got the same problem.
Blobs in composite datawindow- Is it a problem in 7.02
Any help is much appreciated.

Raj
email: rajrishi@magi.com

0
Raj

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

Re:PB 7 datawindow
I am using 7.02. build 8046 ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp OK. Are you responding to a question or posting one? On Fri, 13 Oct 2000 15:54:32 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow Sripriya <priyavasudeva@hotmail.com> wrote: >I am using 7.02. build 8046 >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- >http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words....

PB 7.03
I have a table with four columns that are referenced from another table. My problem is that when I am selecting from both tables graphically in the datawindow painter PB only joins three of the columns in the foreign key. Is this an error, or is it some setting that I have forgotten? I can of course join them manualy, but this behavior can be a source for errors later. Regards Snorre Myklebust The SQL painter takes its best guess based on column names, but (like any other silicon-based intelligence) cannot be relied on to know what you are thinking. It is the programmer who...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

DataWindow Expressions in PB 7.02
I have an application that has been migrated from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PB 7.02. In PB 6.5 when creating a datawindow I could right click on a column object and a pop-up window would display where I would then select properties. The column object window would display and a tab page titled expressions with a list of properties and an entry field into which you could type in expressions for the various properties. My question is does anyone know where to input expressions for the various properties in PowerBuilder 7.02? The user interface changed significantly from PB 6.5 and I have be...

Printing jpg problems in datawindows PB 7
I tried to print out a report with jpg file in a datawindow. I defined a FileName property with the jpg file name. On preview everything is OK. But attempting printing I got the black rectangle. Bitmaps are printed correctly. What`s the problem with jpg format ? HP printer? There's a maintenance release that fixes it. Apparently when PB asked the printer how many colors it supported it interprets the answer as "2" and so prints monochrome. On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 05:52:52 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow <Andrzej_J.> wrote: >I tried to pr...

Re: Composite Datawindow Report (Cut off on printing)
I have one main datawindow which has 10 datawindows. One of the datawindows has a field which has more than 10,000 characters. When I go to preview my main datawindow, on page 4 of 10 the text filed which has more than 10,000 characters is being cut off at the top of the page(The text field is on a deatil band). Half of the text remains on 3rd page and half on 4th page. The header and footer print properly. Can anyone tell me if this is a Powerbuiler 7 bug or not? Any help would be greately appreciated. Please post your messages in only one news group. thanks John Team Sybas...

PB 7 and composite datawindow argument changing
Just migrated from MS SQLServer 6.5 and PB 6.5 to 7.0 for both. As one might expect, just found a problem with a composite datawindow that was working fine in 6.5. The datawindow contains two nested datawindows and has 6 arguments. The first is an ID (number) that can be NULL. If NULL is used as the first argument when retrieving the composite, PB magically converts it to zero. As I recall, this was a problem with at least one prior version (which was fixed). Any response from Sybase? ...

Datawindow Syntax (Composit Datawindow)
Would you help me to create datawindow layout for the report of composite datawindow from DWsyntax at runtime? ...

accessing datawindow in composite datawindow
Hi All, I have a composite datawindow d_comp having two datawindow d_first and d_second. Using code, i want to save the content of the d_first and d_second datawindow content txt format. Is it possible to save the content using saveasascii or saveas function ?? i was trying to use dw_comp.object.d_first.saveasascii(ls_temptxfile,"~t","","~n") but getting error... Thanks . -Brijesh Hi, if that is really a composite datawindow you should be able to get a reference to d_first and d_second using getChild(). You get a DataWindowChild which impl...

ole datawindows and composite datawindow
I have 5 external datawindows that I will use for printing an enrollment form. Two are purely legal text that I am using an ole(word doc) for, one will be populated using embedded sql and setitem calls, and the other two are a combination of ole and external columns. Questions: 1. Does the normal process of dw_control.settransobject dw_control.retrieve work for ole based datawindows? 2. If this is the right approach, then do I "retrieve" the ole datawindows and populate my other datawindows first and then 3. retrieve the composite datawindow for preview and print ...

copying datawindows to a composite datawindow
hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have is that one of the windows can be modify by the user, therefore if I include the updatable dw in the composite it will not reflect the latest information. How can I make sure I that when the updatable dw is changed, the changes are reflected in the composite also. Do I have to copy the dw and if so how can I do that, or is there an easier way to do that. Thanks Jose In article <35B4BC1A.DCF5FD47@cs.fiu.edu>, joband02@cs.fiu.edu says... > hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have ...

External Datawindow in a Composite Datawindow
Hi All I have a question. Can I use an extrernal datawindow in a composite datawindow? If yes, how do we access its properties. The specific problem is that I want to combine two dws. One is generated externally and the other is a simple tabular dw coming from a db. If I try to use getchild() then I do not have columns for get child. I am using PB 7.0.3 on Windows 2000 Server with MS SQL Server. Thanks. Sincerely Saleem > Can I use an extrernal datawindow in a composite datawindow? If yes, how do we > access its properties. ldw_dw.object.r_pumpputyyppi.object...

Properties of a datawindow on a composite datawindow
I have a composite report that has 2 nested datawindows. At run time, I want to modify the dataobject of one of the nested datawindows on the report. I am using the GetChild function to get a reference to the nested datawindow on the report. Here's the code I am using. dw_maintain_code is the nested datawindow on dw_composite. li_rtn = dw_composite.GetChild("dw_maintain_code",ldw_child1) //get reference ls_rtn = ldw_child1.Modify('dw_maintain_code.dataobject = d_code_sync') li_rtn = dw_code_type_list.ShareData(ldw_child1) The Modify returns an empty str...

Web resources about - re: PB 7.02 -Crash after printing composite datawindow containing blob - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo