Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Cut off on printing)

I have one main datawindow which has 10 datawindows.  One of
the datawindows has a field which has more than 10,000
characters.  When I go to preview my main datawindow, on
page 4 of 10 the text filed which has more than 10,000
characters is being cut off at the top of the page(The text
field is on a deatil band). Half of the text remains on 3rd
page and half on 4th page. The header and footer print
properly.  Can anyone tell me if this is a Powerbuiler 7 bug
or not?  Any help would be greately appreciated.
0
Oliver
9/4/2003 4:12:19 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow 28057 articles. 5 followers. Follow

2 Replies
1048 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 52
Get it on Google Play
Get it on Apple App Store

I'll guess that it is a bug. For a long time the DW has not been good at
handling any single columns that contain enough text to span multiple pages.
Odd thinks like cropping sometimes occurs. First, I suggest moving your
column around a small amount on the page. Even moving it one pixel could
cause the DW calculations to work differently and possibly avoid the bug in
the code. Try that quite a few times. If none work for you then consider
splitting your text into multiple columns. A way to do it would be to select
the first x characters into SQL computed column 1, then the next x chars
into col 2 etc. The on the DW presentation stack the columns, turn
autosizeheight and sliding on. To the user it may look exactly as you want
it to but you avoid the bug in having one column span multiple pages.

Regards,
John
Team Sybase


<Oliver> wrote in message news:3f576463.1325.846930886@sybase.com...
> I have one main datawindow which has 10 datawindows.  One of
> the datawindows has a field which has more than 10,000
> characters.  When I go to preview my main datawindow, on
> page 4 of 10 the text filed which has more than 10,000
> characters is being cut off at the top of the page(The text
> field is on a deatil band). Half of the text remains on 3rd
> page and half on 4th page. The header and footer print
> properly.  Can anyone tell me if this is a Powerbuiler 7 bug
> or not?  Any help would be greately appreciated.


0
John
9/10/2003 7:57:56 PM
Is this bug fix in the current version of Powerbuilder? 
Please advise.

> I'll guess that it is a bug. For a long time the DW has
> not been good at handling any single columns that contain
> enough text to span multiple pages. Odd thinks like
> cropping sometimes occurs. First, I suggest moving your
> column around a small amount on the page. Even moving it
> one pixel could cause the DW calculations to work
> differently and possibly avoid the bug in the code. Try
> that quite a few times. If none work for you then consider
> splitting your text into multiple columns. A way to do it
> would be to select the first x characters into SQL
> computed column 1, then the next x chars into col 2 etc.
> The on the DW presentation stack the columns, turn
> autosizeheight and sliding on. To the user it may look
> exactly as you want it to but you avoid the bug in having
> one column span multiple pages.
>
> Regards,
> John
> Team Sybase
>
>
> <Oliver> wrote in message
> > news:3f576463.1325.846930886@sybase.com... I have one
> > main datawindow which has 10 datawindows.  One of the
> > datawindows has a field which has more than 10,000
> > characters.  When I go to preview my main datawindow, on
> > page 4 of 10 the text filed which has more than 10,000
> characters is being cut off at the top of the page(The
> > text field is on a deatil band). Half of the text
> > remains on 3rd page and half on 4th page. The header and
> > footer print properly.  Can anyone tell me if this is a
> > Powerbuiler 7 bug or not?  Any help would be greately
> appreciated.
>
>
0
Oliver
12/2/2003 3:59:16 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

Re: Composite Datawindow Report (Cut off on printing)
I have one main datawindow which has 10 datawindows. One of the datawindows has a field which has more than 10,000 characters. When I go to preview my main datawindow, on page 4 of 10 the text filed which has more than 10,000 characters is being cut off at the top of the page(The text field is on a deatil band). Half of the text remains on 3rd page and half on 4th page. The header and footer print properly. Can anyone tell me if this is a Powerbuiler 7 bug or not? Any help would be greately appreciated. Please post your messages in only one news group. thanks John Team Sybas...

Printing a datawindow with a nested datawindow under Win95
Hi PB'ers We have a strange problem when trying to print a datawindow with a nested datawindow. Printing from a 32 bit (interpreted or compiled) application under windows 95, the application crashes in the Kernel32.dll. If the same application is run under NT3.51 the there are no problems. The same goes if the same application is made as a 16 bit application. (running under NT, Win3 or Win95). We have the same problem in more than one application with different datawindows being printed, but the application doesn't crash every time a datawindow with a nested datawindo...

How to share the datawindow to inner datawindow of nested datawindow
How to share the datawindow to inner datawindow of nested datawindow. Ex -------- dw_1 is normal datawindow dw_nes is nested datawindow, both are placed one window dw_nes contain dw_child datawindow Question ---------------- i want to share dw_1 and dw_child. I have tried the below code, getting error dw_1.sharedata( dw_nes.object.dw_child) It's the dot notation. You will need to dw_nes.GetChild("dw_child", ldwc) where ldwc is a _local_ datawindowchild. <kzganesan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4c64c402-bac5-4ee0-83aa-4ac08ffe43e5@r66g2000hsg.go...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Nested datawindow within a nested datawindow
I have a report, that contains a datawindow, which itself contains a datawindow. Everything is working fine until the number of retrieved lines get's over about 1100 primary and over about 3200 retrieved nested lines. Although the task manager (I'm using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 on Windows 2000) shows me, that there is still enough free memory, the data retrieval stops and Powerbuilder (or the application which called the Retrieve() method) ends itself without any error message. That allways happens when the datawindow has allocated about 70 MB of virtual memory. (About 99% of those ...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...
Blah blah blah You've heard it enough that you don't even want to comment on how many times... The DataWindow. ....but it can't be enough anymore...can it? This from one of our colleagues (and yes my apologies for taking it out of context)... "...PB covers all you need to do that in ONE Tool. This includes Windowprogramming ( meaning the interface to the user: Windows, Sheets, diallougeboxes, etc.), Database operability AND Reporting! Well, I see als well as many other PB users that some of the implementations and features PB offers are improvable. But thi...

nested datawindow within another nested datawindow?
I was trying to create a report which has a nested datawindow within another nested datawindow, and PB didn't seem to go for this... got memory errors. Is this even possible? I searched all of the usual resources and couldn't find anything about this... maybe they assumed nobody would be dumb enough to try. thanks, Pat It is perfectly legal to have multiple levels of nested reports. However, nesting isn't supported for certain DW types like grid and n-up. Try testing your DWs on their own to ensure that they work properly. Then nest them one at a time and try to i...

No nested datawindows or n-up datawindows?
Hi: Are there no nested datawindows or n-up datawindows in Pocket? I can't seem to add them in the painter, yet the help describes the properties rows_Per_detail... Regards Currently, these DW types are not supported in PK 2.0.2. "Ignacio Mateos" <imateos@telefonica.net> wrote in message news:43282d5f$1@forums-2-dub... > Hi: > > Are there no nested datawindows or n-up datawindows in Pocket? > > I can't seem to add them in the painter, yet the help describes the > properties rows_Per_detail... > > Regards > ...

Child datawindows (Nested DataWindows)
Hello all...I was wondering... I have used Child Datawindows for quite some time under PB9.03. These are invaluable when a user is in the Parent DataWindow and must choose a value from a list of choices provided by the Child DataWindow. The kind of Child DataWindow I am talking about is a DropDownDataWindow (DDDW). This is the only kind I have ever used. I was simply wondering whether there are more kinds of Child DataWindows other than the DDDW? Any info would be greatly appreciated.:) The next most popular use is of child DWs within Composite Presentation Style parents. Nested ...

omit the print preview in a datawindow where a nested report is inside
Hi, is it possible to omit the print preview in a datawindow where a nested report is inside? That means i want to display the datawindow in the normal mode on the screen and not having a page break and the blue line around the datawindow. Thanx in advance for any idea! Dietmar Dietmar Fuchs wrote: > Hi, > > is it possible to omit the print preview in a datawindow where a nested > report is inside? That means i want to display the datawindow in the normal > mode on the screen and not having a page break and the blue line around the > datawindow....

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Problem PB 9.0 printing datawindows with nested reports?
Hi all, I tried to migrate my application from PB 8.0.3 to PB 9.0 (5077 with the patch from 27-03-2003) but to my great disappointment, I am immediately confronted with a problem. While printing a composite report which has nested reports which also contain nested reports, these last nested reports don't get printed, this however works fine in PB 8.0.3 and strange enough retrieving the main datawindow in the development environment also works fine in 9.0. but apparently using this datawindow in a datastore though a window-object doesn't work anymore, anybody knows a workaroun...

Printing composite DW resets datawindow.zoom on nested reports
Hi, I have a problem with composite DW. In composite DW I have nested report, named for example dw_data. I set zoom on dw_data for example to 200: datawindowchild dwchild dw_1.GetChild('dw_data',dwchild) dwchild.Modify('datawindow.zoom=200') It's all OK. But when I then print DW by using dw_1.print() then zoom of dwchild is automaticly set back to 100. Is this a PB bug or I am doing something wrong? R Kazimir rkazimir@centrum.cz ...

Web resources about - Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Cut off on printing) - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

PowerBuilder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
PowerBuilder is an integrated development environment owned by Sybase , a division of SAP . It has been in use since 1991, peaking around 1998 ...

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys
Should I use business columns as primary key fields for tables in thedatabase, or generate artificial primary key values? When business-related ...

chevy volt
ProEXR File Description =Attributes= channels (chlist) compression (compression): Zip dataWindow (box2i): [0, 0, 5119, 2475] displayWindow (box2i): ...

Enable - A comprehensive solution for the localization of PowerBuilder applications Untitled Document ...
Enable is localization/ translation tool used by PowerBuilder developers to make their applications multilingual.Enable is a powerful tool that ...

comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects - Google Groups
comp.lang.clipper.visual-objects 1-20 von 33006 Themen werden angezeigt Integrity of a file marcosm...@gmail.com 09:35 Combobox value Lu 08:12 ...

Sybase PowerBuilder tool readied for Microsoft's .Net
Developers can choose Win32 or newer style .Net development

PowerToTheBuilder - PowerBuilder UI Controls
HOME - COMPONENTS - PB UI DESIGNER - DOWNLOAD\PURCHASE - SUPPORT - FAQ - ABOUT Take Control of your UI with PB Ultimate Suite PowerToTheBuilder.com ...

Beautiful iPad Mini 3 Concept Reimagines Appleā€™s Tablet With iPhone 6 Design, Gold Color [Images]
The iPhone 6 may be grabbing all of the recent headlines due to its impending announcement, but spare a thought for those who prefer to stay ...

Java Networking - Real's HowTo
Real's HowTo Custom Search Java Language String and Number Applet AWT Swing Environment IO Javascript interaction JDBC Thread Networking JSP ...

Business Intelligence Products - Database Management, Data Warehousing & Mobility Software - Sybase Inc ...
Sybase offers a variety of Business Intelligence (BI) software like products for database management, data warehousing and mining, data integration ...

Resources last updated: 11/22/2015 5:19:37 AM