Problems in RichText-Datawindow in PB 10.5 (Build 5063)

Hello,

I retrieved 47 records (246 columns) in a RichText-DW. When I scroll to the
next row,
the RAM( main memory) will be decreased by 10MB. When I do the same in a
FreeForm-DW (same columns & same records), everything is ok. It seems, that
PB dont't deallocate the memory
after scrolling to another row.

Any idea to fix the problem ?

Thanks.

Frank

0
Frank

Rich text based datawindow print problem with powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

PB 10.5 datawindows and Union problem
We converted an old app from PB4 to PB 10, build 5063 on Win2K, and the Unions in a datawindow are causing a problem. We get the message "the column prefix 'some_table' does not match with a table name or alias used in the query" It works in PB4 without problems but not 10.5. When we run the datawindow SQL in the DB painter, it runs fine (though we have changed the retrieval arguments to actual data) Has anyone experienced this or know of a fix ? We can't use outer joins because the data is actually retrieved from different tables. TIA Dave We use ...

Powerbuilder 10.5 - SQLServer2000
I have a problem with a datastore timing out after 17.1 minutes when trying to do a retrieve from the database. If I set the CommandTimeout parameter to 10 seconds then PB will timeout at 10 seconds but if I set it to an hour then PB will still timeout around 17.1 minutes. The datastore has a stored procedure datasource, I'm connecting to Microsoft SQLServer 2000. If I call a stored procedure from within powerscript it doesn't timeout at the 17.1 min mark so it seems to be related to the datastore somehow. ...

PB 10.5 Build 6551
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C7D912.CF10C550 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have two identical Dell D620's with 2Ghz dual core Intel's and 2Gb = Ram running PB 10.5 Build 6551. While editing the exact same datawindow = one of the machines when clicking on a datawindow object (one of the = fields or multiple fields) to move them around on the screen can = instantly select any object. The other machine when clicking on any = object it takes up to several sec...

Nested Datawindow / Trailer Band Problem
Should a nested datawindow in a trailer band of a datawindow be able to span more than 1 page? I have a datawindow containing some nested datawindows in various trailer bands. One particular nested datawindow has sufficient data to span a couple of pages. Unfortunately, in print preview, or when printed, this nested datawindow is truncated at the end of the first visible page that contains this nested datawindow. The remainder of the datawindow following the trailer band containing this nested datawindow appears as expected. Curiously, the print preview window contains a zoom con...

Rich Text Printing Problem in Powerbuilder 10.5 Build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

which differences are between Datawindow PB9.xx and PB 10.5.1 (Build 6551)
Hello i have following problem: a simple datawindow-report - print on a label-printer (Brother QL-550): it work's fine with the application created in PowerBuilder 9.0xx, but i get an error from the printer with the application created in PB 10.5. the error is, that the page-size don't agree with the label-setup on this printer. have anyone a clue for my datawindow-problem? many many thanks in advance Michael Are you using the same printer driver for both PB9 and PB10.5? If on different machines then you may have a configuration issue. If everything is the sam...

PB 10.5.1 Build 6551 Lock-up during Composite Datawindow Modification
A PowerBuilder Lock occurs while modifying components in a Composite Datawindow (things such as altering the width of a column in the main DW). This does not occur when editing the individual Datawindows that make up the Composite DW, only while editing the main Composite DW. The only way out is to kill PowerBuilder from Task Manager. Has anyone seen this before (even in other versions). If you've seen it, is there a fix/work around? Thanks! David Hauze wrote: > A PowerBuilder Lock occurs while modifying components in a Composite > Datawindow (things such as alte...

PB 10.5 + MsSQL Server 2005: Problem with identity column, wrong value shown in the datawindow
Hi there, I'm using PB 10.5 and my app connects to a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database. I have two tables, like customers and adresses. I wrote a AFTER INSERT - Trigger that inserts a row into the adresses-table, when a new customer is inserted. The customer will be references by a identity column-id. This identity column is a foreign key in the adresses table. To register a new customer, this is my code: row = dw.insertrow (0); dw.update (); new_id = dw.getitemnumber (ll_row, "cust_id"); Now it happens: the ID I take out of the datawindow is not the...

Slow Datawindow Editing - PB 10.5 Build 6551 - Repost
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C7F52C.5BAC8EB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable This is a Repost as we never got an answer from Sybase on the issue. = This is causing us major efficiency issues with development.=20 Though I talk about two Dells just to show the problem, the slowness = does occur on other machines. And, having uninstalled PowerBuilder 10.5 = on the "Good" machine as a troubleshooting step for another issue, and = then re-installing. The Good D...

PB 10.5 PBL in Datawindow.NET 1.5
Hi, does anyone know how I can use PBL's from PB 10.5 with Datawindow.NET 1.5. Thanks for any help, Frank You can't, DW.NET 1.5 was based on PB 10. You can try to export the 10.5 DW and remove 'new' syntax, then reimport into PB10, but that could be a lot of tedious work. Would be easier just to upgrade to DW.NET 2.0 (based on 10.5). Note that DW.NET 2.5, which is technically a maintenance release, will migrate your PBLs to PB 11 format. On 11 Sep 2007 10:05:54 -0700, "Frank Olefs" <no_spam@gmx.net> wrote: >Hi, > >do...

PB 10.5 datawindow
1) When I put a text control on a datawindow and look at properties I see name, tag, text etc. Is there a way to add properties to these controls. I would like to add language_id. 2) I also would like to add facename as a general propertie to the datawindow. In a facename expression of the different controls I would like to set the general datawindow facename. In this case I would only have to change the genaral facename instead of the facename of all the controls. Thanks Eric 1. You have to use the tag property, there you can put eg. Lang_id=xxx;otherstuff=... and ...

PB 6.5 -> 10.5 Datawindow RTF Migration Issue
I am in the process of migrating an application from PB 6.5 -> 10.5. One of the problems that we are encountering deals with RTF formats. Essentially the format specification is saved at the database level so that users can dynamically change the documents at run time. The data is then retrieved and then by using the PasteRTf() function, copied to the datawindow. The problem that we are encountering is that the documents created and stored in 6.5, no longer works in 10.5, to be specific the input fields aren't displayed and there are formatting issues. I am aware that 10.5 i...

Web resources about - Problems in RichText-Datawindow in PB 10.5 (Build 5063) - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow