Problem with date fields !!

Hi folks !!
    I have a peculiar problem w.r.t datawindow columns of type date.We
are using findrequired to check for null columns in the datawindow.we
have set the required field and empty string is null option for all the
columns in the datawindow.It works fine and we are able to trap the
required columns.The problem occurs when a field type is date  and the
format to be shown is dd/mm/yyyy.Since findrequired does not work with
fields with edit masks we cannot set an edit mask of dd/mm/yyyy to the
date columns.So we took an alternative.We set the edit style for the
date columns as edit and not edit mask, and enabled  the required field
option and empty string is null for the date column.In this way we were
able to successfully implement findrequired functionality, except for a
few hitches....
The findrequired worked only if the user did not enter anything in the
date column which is functionally correct.The invaid date entered
entered by the user was trapped by code written in itemchanged event.The
real problem came when the user entered a valid date ..for eg
:-10/10/2000.This is evaluated as a valid date.. as expected but when
the data goes to the primary buffer after itemchanged event.. we get the
date data in the date column in the format dd/mm/yy.So we end up with
the date being shown as 10/10/00.This is absurd !! Is there anyway we
can show the date in the format dd/mm/yyyy to the user without using
edit masks . This would help us a lot.

Any sample code regarding teh above will be a great welcome ..

TIA

Amresh

0
Amaresh

Date field problem
I have a SQLselect  command such as ;   Dim komut As String = "Select Fiyat, Tarih from Performans where Stock='" & mystock & "' and Desicion='BUY' and left(mydate,10) >='" & startingdate & "';"where mydate field is described as Date in SQL table and startingdate is calculated also as date format...However this select command does not return the values after a certain date which is given with startingdate... Thanks in advance    sst could you please explain your questiononce again....

Problem in datawindows fields
Yesterday I tried to explain my problem in English but It wasn't=20 understood, so I repeat my question in French if you understand it :=20 Dans une data window, j'ai 4 colonnes de commentaires saisissables par=20 l'utilisateur. Je souhaiterais que lorsque l'utilisateur arrive =E0 la fin = du=20 premiers commentaires, sa saisie se poursuive dans le 2=B0, puis dans le 3= =B0,=20 etc... Je sais faire une reprise saisie sur le champ suivant mais mon pb=20 est que je ne sais pas comment d=E9tecter que l'utilisateur est =E0 la fin = de=20 sa zone. La zone est bien d=E9...

DATE field problem
Folks I m trying to check the DATE field validation. I am trying to update this date field value in the database and before that I have to check the validity. If there is a date value then format it in the form and if it is not there add an empty string or add null value. I m adding the update statement also for ur ref. If IsDate(DOB.Text) Then DOB.Text = Format(DOB.Text, "MM/dd/yyyy") Else DOB.Text = " " End If strSQL = " UPDATE Persons " strSQL += " set lngSSN ='" & SSN.Text &...

Date Field Problem
Hi, I have an application that was built under PowerBuilder 6.5 and ran on Windows 95/98. The client has rolled out Windows2000 machines now and there is a problem with the date fields in the applicatioWhen the user tries to enter in a date in a date field. The date field oscillates which random numbers, and then the application crashes and closes. The Mask of the date field is dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm and the Format of the field is the same. Another thing also is, there are some screens where the field has already been populated as in: 27/02/1998 05:00, and when the user clicks on t...

problem with date fields
Name: asvk sastry Email: asvksastryatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: problem with date fields Comments: After entering date of birth information for usa visa application in www.vfs-usa.co.in web page and on cliking on submit button on the page produced undefined date char exception while the same worked well if the same web page is loaded in Internet explorer Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.9) Gecko/20061206 Firefox/1.5.0.9 ...

No date in Date field
I have just installed thunderbird on my system. I migrated from outlook express. All the mail that was there before shows both the date and the time in the date field. However, all mail received by thunderbird only has a time stamp, no date. How do I correct this?? Thanks, Roger _Roger Bailey_ spoke thusly on 29/08/2006 10:09 PM: > I have just installed thunderbird on my system. I migrated from outlook > express. All the mail that was there before shows both the date and the > time in the date field. However, all mail received by thunderbird only has ...

date field = date
i made an news table and i made and option to add and update and delete news from it i need one thing that when someone try to add news the time that he insert the news will be in teh date field of the table and dont the costumer write it   hope that u understand me Hi, did you mean you want to add a column that get current date as its value automaticly? If so, you can do the following in Access2003: 1. add a column with 'Date/Time' data time 2. In the 'Field Properties'->'General' pannel, add a 'Default Value' for it, 3. In the 'Expression Builder', double cli...

Datawindow validation with date fields
When I add datawindow validation to a datetime field eg datetime(gettext()) > datetime(today(),now()) I get a JavaScript error saying Line: 4584 Error: 'year' is null or not an object. Does anyone else get this problem? Maybe its a locale thing as I'm in Australia and have dates set as dd/mm/yyyy ...

Date field editmask problem
We are using 8.0.3. I dw with a date field having a editmask of MM/DD/YYYY. If I type in "01/01" (ie in MM/DD part of the date field )and tab out it changes to 00/00/0000 and also Itemchanged event doesnt get triggered. Also if I type 00/00/2001 and tab out it changes to 01/01/2001 and in the itemchanged data valus is 01/01/2001. How I can trap these values? Is it a bug? Thanks in Advance enkay Why dont you use the [date] format in the editmask instead of hardcoding the format to mm/dd/yyyy.. In this case you will get the current regional setting of your comp...

Datawindow date field does not update
Hi All, I am having a strange problem with Jaguar 3.01, PB 7.01, and MS SQL Server 7.0 - I hope someone can help - this is holding up our development. I have a datawindow with many updateable fields - one of which is a datetime. In the datawindow painter I can update the date with no problem. When I run - using datawindow sync - the following cases happen: - non-date fields update with no problem (if no date field is modified) - SetChanges returns a -1 if non-date and date fields are modified - if just the date field is modified sometimes I get a CORBA S...

Datawindow Date Field Behavior
PB 7.0.3 Build 10009 Has anyone else run across the following behavior that has my users complaining .... The application is basically a data entry appl,ication w/logic. The datawindow users are keying into has numerous date fields on it. When keying certain dates, the cursor "jumps" positions on them. I figured out what it appears PB is doing ... for months such as April, June, Sept. (in other words, months with only 30 days), when users key a date such as 04/30/02, the cursor automatically jumps from the DD field to the YY field when they enter a "3&q...

Date Field problem during BCP
Hi, I have problem with Date field from the Data file during BCP. I am loading data into the table using BCP utility. The data file contains 3 date fields with "\t" separated delimiters. During BCP following error message is displaying : CSLIB Message: - L2/04/S1/N24/10 cs_convert: cslib user api layer: common library error: The conversion/operation was stopped due to a syntax error in the source field. The rows from Data file are inserted into the table with different values Ex : Data file contains : 12/31/1999 Inserted value into the table : Dec 31 2019 12...

Problem with Date fields in PB5
I'm having a problem with the date field in PB5. I have a date field on a datawindow with the edit mask as dd/mm/yyyy and the same format is defined for that particular field in the .db .Sometimes the date is stored in the .db as "21/84/0001". When this happens , I can't even go to the database and make corrections to that date field. I cannot delete the entire row also. If anyone have answer , please send it to me at sabyasachirc@hotmail.com .. It will be most helpful . Thanks Sabyasachi Roy Chowdhury Calcutta , INDIA Hi, Are you using Win95 ? did you...

Powerbuilder Date, Boolean Problem
I am running Powerbuilder 9, and have the following problem. I have 2 instance variables defined for a user object: boolean ib_clicked date id_old_dob The user object is basically a window. When I run the debugger, both ib_clicked and id_old_dob appear as 29396/??/??. At various times the number has changed, but is always in the 20000 range. These instance variables are not used anywhere else in the application. I try setting the ib_clicked to 'true' 'or 'false', so where is this weird date coming from? I had this problem with the date id_old_dob a few days...

Web resources about - Problem with date fields !! - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Another problem lands on Malcolm Turnbull's tax reform table
If the Prime Minister wants an honest debate about tax reform, he now has an even more cogent case for everything being on the table.

Breitbart contributor says mass extinction via climate change isn’t a problem because of Jurassic Park ...
... about how science works. It did not go well for him: A Breitbart "journalist" claimed extinctions caused by climate change aren't a problem ...

Multi-state plans and selection problems
Kaiser Health News has a piece on the failure of multi-state plans to be successful in the exchanges. One of the big problems is pricing. They ...

Yet another problem with Comcast data caps: Customers have no idea why they’re exceeding their limits ...
Comcast sure knows how to bring out the love from its customer base. Cut Cable Today recently filed a FOIA request to the Federal Communications ...

BlackRock's $32 Billion Hedge-Fund Business Has a Little Problem
Yes, he runs the biggest asset management firm the world has ever seen. But right now, Laurence D. Fink has a little hedge-fund problem.

Court secrecy is a dangerous problem
Recently unveiled documents in the Remington faulty-trigger case show court secrecy can lead to unnecessary deaths, says Arthur Bryant.

Yesterday’s technologies, today’s problems
When I first heard the story, I didn’t believe it. I mean, really, a Paris airport forced to shut down because a computer running Windows 3.1 ...

Problems At Snapfish Lead To Pre-Christmas Photo Scramble, Angry Customers
... reps end chats with customers before the customer is done speaking with them? Why did the customer service rep tell me there was a problem with ...

Facebook is finally fixing its ‘real name’ problem
After some controversies and embarrassing missteps, social-media giant Facebook is trying to introduce tools to let its users go by the names ...