Problem in PB 6.5.1 with sharing datawindows/datastores and doing updates???

We've just converted one of our major applications to PB 6.5.1, and a
developer has found the following problem:

An update performed on a shared datawindow/datastore causes the row
number to be reset to one.

This issue has already been reported (ISSUE - 197093 PB Enterprise
6.5.00  priority 1), but does anyone know when the fix will actually be
available?

TIA,

Peggy Klinger
First Energy Corp.
Akron, OH

0
Peggy

Better yet, does anyone have a workaround????

Peggy Klinger wrote:

> We've just converted one of our major applications to PB 6.5.1, and a
> developer has found the following problem:
>
> An update performed on a shared datawindow/datastore causes the row
> number to be reset to one.
>
> This issue has already been reported (ISSUE - 197093 PB Enterprise
> 6.5.00  priority 1), but does anyone know when the fix will actually be
> available?
>
> TIA,
>
> Peggy Klinger
> First Energy Corp.
> Akron, OH

0
Peggy
7/12/1999 3:32:40 PM
Try issuing ShareDataOff() prior to your update, then re-establish the data
sharing afterwards.

Peggy Klinger <Klingerp@firstenergycorp.com> wrote in message
> Better yet, does anyone have a workaround????
>
> Peggy Klinger wrote:
>
> > We've just converted one of our major applications to PB 6.5.1, and a
> > developer has found the following problem:
> >
> > An update performed on a shared datawindow/datastore causes the row
> > number to be reset to one.
> >
> > This issue has already been reported (ISSUE - 197093 PB Enterprise
> > 6.5.00  priority 1), but does anyone know when the fix will actually be
> > available?
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Peggy Klinger
> > First Energy Corp.
> > Akron, OH

0
John

PB 6.5.1 : Datawindow datetime editmask problem
I have come across a problem while migrating to PB 6.5.1 from 6.5 Build 444. This problem is related to the datetime and time fields within a datawindow. I have a datawindow which has a datetime column. This datawindow was exported and the .srd file was manually edited by replacing the 'type=datetime' to 'type=time'. When the datawindow was imported back, it runs fine with PB 6.5 Build 444. But in 6.5.1 this column displays some weird data like 48:00 when i tab out of the column. (it has an editmask of hh:mm).When the column has focus it shows the value 00:00 corr...

Printing datawindow fails for some users
Hi, Not often, but at least a few times I received a call from a customers reporting problems with printing a dw. It happens for different versions of Windows (98 seems to be a leader), and for different printers, (e.g. EPSON STYLUS COLOR 460, Minolta 1100). Actually, printing icon displays for a short period of time on the Windows task bar but then disappears and nothing gets printed. Printing from other apps (Word, WordPad) is fine. I wonder if anybody ever had(has) such a problem? MS website says that in such case PB must have a bug. Can they be correct? Thanks, And...

PB 6.5.1 Problem With Setfullstate Moving Location of Datawindow and Not Populating DDDW
I just upgraded from PB 6.5 to 6.5.1 and now when I run the application the my datawindows on my client move up and to the left slightly when the setfullstate function is called. Also the DropDownDatawindows data is not being populated. I was wondering If I'm the only one that's seen this or before I dig to deep if this is a known issue. I'm able to run the debugger and watch the u_dw control shift when the SetFullstate function gets called. Thanks I advance for any help -- Chris Bohne cbohne@jps.net This is a know problem. SetFullstate shifts the datawindow in ...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

Problems With datawindow scrolling in PowerBuilder 6.5 (and 6.0)
The datawindow scrolling functionality has been altered so that when scrolling through a datawindow using the thumb, it is possible to view the bottom of one page and the top of the next. This looks OK until a group is created in the datawindow that has its own heading. When scrolling as before, the heading remains in between the bottom of one page and the top of the next which doesn't look particularly attractive, especially if there are several items in the group heading. In 65Maint.txt document it says the following: "DataWindow Scrollbar Operation ------------------...

URGENT ora-918 in datawindow PB 6.5.1 after adding 1 column
Hi folks, I have just modified one datawindow of a PowerBuilder 6.5.1 application and since then whenever I run the application and I execute the sql associated with that Datawindow in Oracle I get an Oracle error: ORA-918 column ambiguosly defined What I have done in the Datawindow is simply to add in the SQL one field more to retrieve with the query. The query schematicaly is: select T1.C1, T2.C1, T1.C2 from T1 , T2 where ...bla bla Where I have just added the T1.C2 to the select part. I have detected the problem is that the dbname property of the database columns in ...

Problem in datawindow
Hi Guys, I am using PB 6.5 Version. I am getting a unique problem. I have already have a datawindow with stored procedure has a return value. I added the new column in the stored procedure, then i went into the datawindow and add that column. After adding a column in the datawindow, then i added it in the datawindow Preview mode. When i tried to retrieve the values in that datawindow i am getting the Select Error. Wht is the reason and how to solve this isssue ?? Once again guys, thanks for your timely help.. Rgds, VJ On 19 Nov 2003 12:05:51 -0800, Vijay wrote: > Hi...

PB 6.5.1 and DropDown Datawindows
I've recently upgraded from PB6.5 Build 444 to PB6.5.1. We have editable drop down datawindows that scrolled to the selected row correctly when clicked on the dropdown in PB6.5 Build 444. Now, in PB6.5.1, this doesn't work. The row is selected, but not scrolling. Has anyone seen this? Is there an EBF? Is there a documented list of problems with PB 6.5.1? Thanks for your help in advance. Sara Koike ...

PB 6.5.1 and Dropdown datawindows
I've recently upgraded from PB6.5 Build 444 to PB6.5.1. We have editable drop down datawindows that scrolled to the selected row correctly when clicked on the dropdown in PB6.5 Build 444. Now, in PB6.5.1, this doesn't work. The row is selected, but not scrolling. Has anyone seen this? Is there an EBF? Is there a documented list of problems with PB 6.5.1? Thanks for your help in advance. Sara Koike Sara, I recently reported a bug in a datawindow in PB 6.5.1. Turns out there was a bug in PB 6.5.1 (but 6.50 was OK - don't know the build) and PB 7.0 and PB ...

Problem with nested datawindow... PB 6.5
Hi, I have a problem with a nested datawindow. Let me explain... I have a datawindow containing a nested datawindow. This datawindow is contained in a window. On this datawindow, I also have a popup menu. That's where I have a problem... When running the application, the popup menu allows me to make a refresh of my datawindow. But since I put a nested datawindow in my datawindow I do not have access to the popup menu anymore. I can't even make a refresh of the datawindow... Anyone has an idea of what i could do to have my refresh I would add that we work here with ...

Problem in datawindow
Hi Guys, I am using PB 6.5 Version. I am getting a unique problem. I have already have a datawindow with stored procedure has a return value. I added the new column in the stored procedure, then i went into the datawindow and add that column. After adding a column in the datawindow, then i added it in the datawindow Preview mode. When i tried to retrieve the values in that datawindow i am getting the Select Error. Wht is the reason and how to solve this isssue ?? Once again guys, thanks for your timely help.. Rgds, VJ ...

Scroll problem in datawindow powerbuilder 6.5
Hi , I have a datawindow with groups . I have a button on the header of the group. When the user clicks the button , we get a pop up window. I try to set the values of the datawindow at the back with the values entered by the user. When I do a set item and close the popup window, I get a blank screen. I have to use the scrollbar to move up. Does anybody have a solution for this . It would be great if somebody has a solution for this . This is my mail id : vgeetha@chn.cognizant.com Thanks in advance . ...

[...]

Web resources about - Problem in PB 6.5.1 with sharing datawindows/datastores and doing updates??? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow