Printing Problems for Datawindow contain large fields

I am using PB4.0.7 with SQL Anywhere 5.5. I have two problems in report
printing that contain large data fields (like 100 lines with 65 char each)

1. When the large data field is printed across 2 page, the last line in the
first page is splitted into two halves (i.e. upper half in the first page
and lower half in the second page).

2. When using autosize height for data field, it seems it will trim the
preceeding spaces automaically. For example:
The data reads as this in the multiline box if no autosize height set.

This is line one.
     This is line two with some space at the beginning
This is line three.

If autosize height is set, the data will look like this

This is line one.
This is line two with some space at the beginning
This is line three.

Do anyone encounter these problems and have some solutions?
Thanks in Advanced.

Fai

0
Ka

For the 1st problem, sol'n is
Set auto V scroll = true and auto H scroll = false

--
Mahendra Dhamdhere
Email:nospam_mahendrad@hotmail.com

Ka-Fai Wong wrote:

> I am using PB4.0.7 with SQL Anywhere 5.5. I have two problems in report
> printing that contain large data fields (like 100 lines with 65 char each)
>
> 1. When the large data field is printed across 2 page, the last line in the
> first page is splitted into two halves (i.e. upper half in the first page
> and lower half in the second page).
>
> 2. When using autosize height for data field, it seems it will trim the
> preceeding spaces automaically. For example:
> The data reads as this in the multiline box if no autosize height set.
>
> This is line one.
>      This is line two with some space at the beginning
> This is line three.
>
> If autosize height is set, the data will look like this
>
> This is line one.
> This is line two with some space at the beginning
> This is line three.
>
> Do anyone encounter these problems and have some solutions?
> Thanks in Advanced.
>
> Fai

0
Mahendra

Datawindow print large field
im using powerbuilder 11.5 i got a datawindow with a edit field rich text style, sometimes this field can be a bit large and when i retrieve the datawindow it show great on screen, when i got to printpreview the page break are all change. it happens when the field its to large to fit in the current page and goes to the next page where it can it the whole field there, i want to be able to split it between the two pages. Its there a way that i can force to keep the page break shown on the datawindow before printpreview. i've tried with nested reports too btw. thank you On...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Problem with datawindow & large fields
I have an SQL table that contains a TEXT field (in mySQL). This field should be able to hold ALOT of characters, but my datawindow gives me this error if there are more than 255 characters in the field: Bind parameter value for ':1' is too big (476) No changes made to database. UPDATE article SET article_text = ? WHERE article_id = ? AND article_name = ? AND article_author = ? AND article_date = ? AND article_url IS NULL I have the limit set to 2000 in the Limit section (under the Edit tab), so this should work. I am pretty sure that the problem is w...

Datawindow Print Problem with computed fields
Here is a problem Iam facing I have 2 datawindow controls : dw_1 and dw_2 dw_1 and dw_2 are shared as --> dw_1.sharedata(dw_2) I retrieve dw_1 ( 3 rows are retrieved), I insert two more rows into DW_1 and do set items on a column whose edit style is a drop down datawindow . Everything looks fine when I see it on screen, but when I print it ,the 4th and 5th rows do not not show up Is it because originally only 3 rows are retrieved from the Database? How do I get around this problem ? Another problem is : I Have a computed field( avail) in dw_1. It has a conditional expr...

Problem in printing datawindow in Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi, I am a software consultant working in Salem, OR. I am using PB 4.0 as front end for a client server architecture using distributed database with Sybase 10.0 as back end. We are developing and running our application in Windows 3.1 with Novell as the networking software. I am continiuosly having a problem. I am using a text field in a table and having a datawindow based on that. Now, when I try to retrieve the information , it is fine but when I go to the print preview, is is showing me only a single line in that. When I try to print it, it simply prints a blank page (with footer ...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Rich text based datawindow print problem with powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

Problems with External Datawindows in Datawindow .Net
Has anyone used an external datawindow within a datastore in a .Net application? We are converting a piece of functionality from PowerBuilder to C# .Net and the routine uses an external datawindow. Since it is an external I didnt do SetTransObject before doing the InsertRow. I simply tried inserting a row into the datastore and a DatawindowNotCreatedException was thrown. Has anyone run into something similar? We are widely using external datawindow. Your error is not concerned with external datawindow. It is concerned with DataWindowControl bad behaviour (it is documented,...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow
I have a nested report with 5 datawindows. There second and fourth datawindows are being set by RowsCopy function after retrieving the main datawindow. The others are retrieved. THe problem here is that when printing/displaying the datawindow there are lot of blank pages. Pl. advise THanks ramesh.subramanian@gs.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow
I have a nested report with 5 datawindows. There second and fourth datawindows are being set by RowsCopy function after retrieving the main datawindow. The others are retrieved. THe problem here is that when printing/displaying the datawindow there are lot of blank pages. Pl. advise THanks ramesh.subramanian@gs.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Printing a datawindow with a nested datawindow under Win95
Hi PB'ers We have a strange problem when trying to print a datawindow with a nested datawindow. Printing from a 32 bit (interpreted or compiled) application under windows 95, the application crashes in the Kernel32.dll. If the same application is run under NT3.51 the there are no problems. The same goes if the same application is made as a 16 bit application. (running under NT, Win3 or Win95). We have the same problem in more than one application with different datawindows being printed, but the application doesn't crash every time a datawindow with a nested datawindo...

Datawindow printing problem
I am using PB 6.5.1 enterprise edition deployed on windows95 operating system. I have a datawindow comprising nested datawindow. The nested datawindow with group presentation style with newspaper column across 2. Last two rows on the first column are not displayed even though the datawindow retrieves correctly all the rows. If the newspaper column across is changed to 1 then it displays all rows without missing. Please suggest, if any one has solution to the problem ...

Datawindow printing problem
In both version 5.0.04 and 6.5 if you set your computer to large fonts the reports print out differently. The font size on the reports is exactly the same but there is more space between the headings and lines are longer. It is causing our program to print reports on two pages when a user chooses large fonts. Is this a know PB bug? Is there a workaround? Thanks in advance, -- Scott Bray Rise HealthWare (Remove .no_spam when replying) Scott, This is known, but is a design issue, not a bug. PB 6 was changed to make it more compatible with the Windows standards for fon...

Datawindow Print Problem !!
Hi I am experiencing a problem with the datawindow printing. Not me actually, the case is generated at the client's end and I am not able to generate it at my end. The problem is that datawindow shows 10 pages in print preview and prints only first 6 pages. Following are the values that are set on the datawindow before printing: datawindow.print.page.rangeinclude=0 datawindow.print.collate=yes Nothing is set for datawindow.print.page.range Even if i give the values as: datawindow.print.page.rangeinclude=0 datawindow.print.collate=yes datawindow.print.page.range=&#...

Web resources about - Printing Problems for Datawindow contain large fields - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo