prevent resize columns in grid datawindow

Hi,
here's my question:

I have grid style dw with some columns in it that should not participate
on the
column resize feature of the grid style dw. Because those columns
contain bitmap expressions they should
not resize. Otherwise the bitmap being displayed resizes too. That's not
what I want.
For the columns containing text data resizing should be valid.

Background:
Formerly I used a list view control, but the listview can only handle
display one picture column.
That's why I used a dw. But column resizing must be generally available
except those columns who contain bitmap expressions.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Thorsten

0
Thorsten

To stop the bitmap resizing, copy the width valueinto the expression for
Width.  This will not stop you resizing the column, but will stop the bitmap
being resizied within it.

HTH

Simon

Thorsten Kummer <Kummer@planet.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
> here's my question:
>
> I have grid style dw with some columns in it that should not participate
> on the
> column resize feature of the grid style dw. Because those columns
> contain bitmap expressions they should
> not resize. Otherwise the bitmap being displayed resizes too. That's not
> what I want.
> For the columns containing text data resizing should be valid.
>
> Background:
> Formerly I used a list view control, but the listview can only handle
> display one picture column.
> That's why I used a dw. But column resizing must be generally available
> except those columns who contain bitmap expressions.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks in advance
> Thorsten

0
Simon
1/12/2000 4:07:25 PM
Hi Thorsten,

Additionally to Simons idea with expressions we also prevent these
columns from being resized.
We have placed a script in the lbuttonup event and restore these
special columns to their original width with setRedraws surrounding
this code.

Holger

Thorsten Kummer schrieb:

> Hi,
> here's my question:
>
> I have grid style dw with some columns in it that should not participate
> on the
> column resize feature of the grid style dw. Because those columns
> contain bitmap expressions they should
> not resize. Otherwise the bitmap being displayed resizes too. That's not
> what I want.
> For the columns containing text data resizing should be valid.
>
> Background:
> Formerly I used a list view control, but the listview can only handle
> display one picture column.
> That's why I used a dw. But column resizing must be generally available
> except those columns who contain bitmap expressions.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks in advance
> Thorsten
0
Holger

Grid Datawindow and resize columns
Hi. My datawindows are Grid type, the property "MouseSelection", on the first tabpage, is unchecked. It's posible resize the columns without that property active? TIA In PB 8.0, I can resize columns in a grid window with Mouse Selection checked or unchecked. Resizing columns doesn't require being able to select them. The icon for selection and resize is different. Selection is the normal arrow and resize is the vertical bar with 2 horizontal arrows, 1 to pointing to each side. jo in okc "Luis Cortes" <cortesgl@corp-ods.com> wrote ...

not resizable column for grid datawindow!!!!
On a per-column basis, or for the whole datawindow in general? Because you can already turn it off for the whole thing... -- "Don't just fix; teach." Some informative links: news:news.announce.newusers http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/ http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html On a per-column basis. Because there are picture or button object in some columns. And if you resize this colums, pictures show larger then original. "Jason...

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...
Blah blah blah You've heard it enough that you don't even want to comment on how many times... The DataWindow. ....but it can't be enough anymore...can it? This from one of our colleagues (and yes my apologies for taking it out of context)... "...PB covers all you need to do that in ONE Tool. This includes Windowprogramming ( meaning the interface to the user: Windows, Sheets, diallougeboxes, etc.), Database operability AND Reporting! Well, I see als well as many other PB users that some of the implementations and features PB offers are improvable. But this seems not to be the main issue here to be discussed. Fact is, and I've looked around to may other Programming systems, there is NO OTHER tool (I did not find any) which is comparable RAD..." So here's the two-fold feedback I'm hoping for and thanks in advance for your investment of time/effort to respond... *** 1) What true competitive differentiators does PowerBuilder still have as 2007 draws to a close? *** Yes, we can add/improve features but... *** 2) What can we add to, or change about PowerBuilder that would be a true competitive differentiator? *** Arguably one way to distill this down would be to ask what can be done for PowerBuilder that would make it better than (Visual Studio + DataWindow .NET)? Maybe its a single feature. Maybe its a new category of functionality. Maybe its a "eureka" modification to something PowerBu...

Which Event when resizing a column in Grid Datawindow ?
Does anybody know if an event occured when i resize a column in a Grid datawindow ? Is there another way to know when a column is resized ? Thanks for help. -- Arnaud Bauer - Jehier Ing�nierie Informatique 49120 CHEMILLE - FRANCE Tel : 02.41.49.80.81 http://www.jii.fr There isn't such an event. I guess you could code a timer event that checks it to the previous value. Sorry. -- Dawn T Brown Eyes (TeamPS) Arnaud Bauer <arnaud.bauer@jii.fr> wrote in article <370C6054.158A271C@jii.fr>... > Does anybody know if an event occured when i resize...

PB10 Grid Datawindow Resize Column
I have migrated an application from PB7.0.3 to PB10 and I am having problems resizing columns at run-time on a grid datawindow which has the grid setting turned on and Column Moving and Mouse Selection both checked. The datawindow is part of a "Preview" feature of the application which allows users to modify the look of a view by changing column width, sort order, etc. Any ideas? Thank you, Create a grid dw in PB10. Do you have the same problems? I was able to create one and didn't. This may be a migration issue. If so I would recreate the datawindow. Dawn &g...

Preventing the Column of Grid Datawindow from Highlighting
I noticed that if user clicks on a column on the Grid datawindow, the entire columns are highlighted (background being black). Is there any way to avoid the highlighting? Any suggestion will be greately appreciated. Eugene turn off mouse selection under grid properties <Eugene Yun> wrote in message news:404f345a.2f40.846930886@sybase.com... > I noticed that if user clicks on a column on the Grid > datawindow, the entire columns are highlighted (background > being black). Is there any way to avoid the highlighting? > > Any suggestion will be greately appre...

Datawindow grid style column resize
It's possible that my cuestion sounds stupid, but is there a way in the datawindow designer to define the column width in a grid datawindow (numerically)? I can do it with the mouse and with edit source, but I don't found a property to set the column width. Thanks, Alex B. No - that's a "feature" of the grid datawindow. In the Preview pane, you can grab and resize column widths (but you have to have gridlines ON) -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] Cynergy Systems www.cynergysystems.com "Alex Bibiano" <abibiano@nikel.es> wrote in m...

Moving columns in Grid Datawindows using datawindow painter -PB 8
I know - Evita - AGAIN???? :-) This is for my teammate who's going crazy. He has a grid datawindow of 4 columns and wants to move say column 4 between current columns 1 and 2 but whatever he does WON"T let him slide it over. Is there some setting he needs to set someplace or is he stuck? Thanks -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst Command Technlogies, Inc I'm not meaning when it's running...In design we need the column moved over from where it was (column 4) to where it needs to be (between current columns 1 and 2) Thanks Evita <Victo...

Event for column move/resize in grid datawindow
It would be very very helpful if an event on the datawindow control would fire when a column in a grid datawindow was moved or resized by the user. Like a ColumnResizing event with dwo, row, oldHeight, oldWidth, newHeight, newWidth parms. Of course in a grid you would have a null dwo if it was just a pure vertical resize and row would be null if it was a pure horizontal resize as all columns or rows, respectively, would get the effect. I'd go for that. I bet it would be a pretty easy thing for Sybase to implement as well. -EGM M. Searer <nospam@nospam.com> wrot...

resizing the computed column width in a grid datawindow
How can i resize the width of a computed column to the length of the text in the column to display the entire text. You'll have to use a set of API to determine actual number of PBU needed to display a full text using current font settings. There's no way to do that in native PB code. I can give you code example if needed. "Sukhvinder Singh" <sukhvinder@defactoinfotech.com> wrote in message news:435f10bc@forums-1-dub... > How can i resize the width of a computed column to the length of the text > in the column to display the entire text. > ...

Disable resize on one column in a grid datawindow
Hello, I am attempting to disable the resize functionality for one column in my grid datawindow. I would like to have all other columns in the datawindow resizeable. I have reviewed the powerbuilder help and found the column property 'resizeable', but it does not seem to ever prevent resize on the column. dw_details.Modify("display_order.Resizeable=0") I am using Powerbuilder 11.1 Build 8204 Any help on disabling resize on one column would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Karen See attached <Karen Bailey> wrote in message news:48497e4f.4394....

Column resize in a grid datawindow in a tab contril
I have a grid style datawindow sitting in a tabpage of a tab control. The users would like to adjust the column widths sometimes. When the edge of a column is clicked the divider bar comes up as if to allow the resize but when the mouse is moved to a new width, the column only resizes a small amount and the cursor turns into the dragdrop icon. In a normal window, it seems the grid datawindow resizes just fine. Is there some sort of problem within a tabpage? Jerry OBrien You have a conflict between the resizing/moving feature of the grid DW and the dragdrop feature of the D...

Prevent a single column moving in Grid datawindow.
I was wondering if its possible to prevent a single column from being moved/resized in a grid datawindow. I want the user to have the ability to move/resize all other columns in this datawindow. Is it possible to lock/protect a single column ? Uncheck movable property for individual column, it is found in property page of each column. -Raj "Colin Brown" <myname@eircom.net> wrote in message news:oI1NmgNLCHA.196@forums.sybase.com... > I was wondering if its possible to prevent a single column from being > moved/resized in a grid datawindow. I want the user ...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

resize
In previous versions of PB there was the ability in a grid data window to resize a column. Also there was the ability to hide a column by keeping the mouse clicked and pass to other column but now in order to hide a column you must keep the mouse clicked and go exactly to the begin of the column which is very difficult. If you keep the mouse clicked and pass to the previous column the column does not resize =96 hide. I was able to do this in previous versions of PB. My current version is 9.0.1 build 7204. Please give me an answer if this is a bug and if your planning to fix it. ...

DataWindow.NET
I'm using DataWindow.NET 1.5.1 9004 on a Windows XP Professional SP 2 machine with the latest Microsoft Update patches. The release notes indicate that change request 385532 is corrected. However, if I configure my computer to use a Windows XP theme the border does not render as expected; a blue bordered box is displayed. If I configure my computer to use a Windows Classic theme the border is rendered as expected. Is there something else I need to do to get the datawindow object column borders to render correctly when using a Windows XP theme? Ken Are you using 3D Lower...

DataWindows Expressions for contraints on grid datawindows...
This may seem like an unholy thing to do to a datawindow, but I ran into a place where it was appropriate. First, I decided that I wanted to use Don Roof's dropdownfilter service for datawindows, which is triggered by clicking on a small bitmap icon which is supposed to be positioned next to the column heading. This is fine for the tabular style that Don's samples used. However, I wanted to use a grid-style datawindow to allow my users to resize columns while the application is running. Unfortunately, the datawindow tries to resize the bitmap when the column is resized, makin...

Hide datawindow column in html datawindow
Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I can't make the visible property to false because doing that will not generate the column. I want the column with type as hidden in generated javascript. -Hitesh I don't think this is in the works for the next release but I know of several people who have mentioned it in the past. Try adding an enhancement request (I think you can do this through my.sybase.com). steve [TeamSybase] Hitesh Patel wrote: > > Is there anyway I can hide a datawindow column in the generated html? I > can&...

How to make DataWindow column resizable like Excel column
Does anyone know how to make DataWindow column behave like Microsoft Excel column. When user expanses or reduces a column, other columns should slid accordingly. What you're describing is native to the grid style. Is that not what you're using, and if not, should you be? <g> Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 10 Sep 2003 07:33:26 -0700, James S wrote: >Does anyone know how to make DataWindow column behave like >Microsoft Excel column. When user expanses or reduces a >column, other columns should slid accordingly. Sequel&...

Resizing Datawindow Columns
I'm using PFC with PB 11 I have a datawindow control with its resize service working. Now I want resize the controls within the datawindow ie columns I thought the resize service would do. But database columns does not adjust to full screen Lee Thanks Alex B. Have you called of_register() to register the columns (and other DataWindow objects) with the service to "tell" it how to resize each and/or how much to resize them? -- John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist <Lee Sayed> wrote in message news:475b074a.2357.1681692777@sybase.co...

Grid datawindow resizing
I would like my grid datawindow columns to size themselves properly (magic I think). Is there a wat to programatically change the column widths and have them stay that way< or to stay resized when manually stretched? My problem is this: when a value is entered into one cell of the grid and the user hits the tab key to go to the next cell, the cursor goes to the first??? cell and compresses all of the columns to the original width. One of our grids could have over 50 cells and the auto-resizing that occurs is a major pain and time consumer. I have as yet been unable to hit th...

Resizeable columns in DataWindows
Hi, has anybody an idea to the following: - what do I have to do to make columns in a DataWindow, which is directly connected to a table of a ORACLE database, resizeable, e.g. pull them with the mouse like I can do on the Explorer Window? I would appreciate any idea, to think about Thanks in advance Regards Norbert Create a datawindow of type Grid. Simon -- All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of my employer "Norbert Braeuchler" <norbert.braeuchler@nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message news:4HUR$lht...

Resize Grid Datawindow
Hello, I am using PB 8 and I have a grid datawindow, The user should be able to resize this datawindow. Howerver I want several restrictions on this: e.g.: The user must not expand this datawindow over buttons. He must not resize the width of this datawindow. Does anybody know how to do this? Thank you very much. Micky Datawindow is a window, so this tip will apply (you'll only need to calculate minimum sizes) http://eric.aling.tripod.com/PB/tips/pbtip24.htm ...

Web resources about - prevent resize columns in grid datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo