Prevent a single column moving in Grid datawindow.

I was wondering if its possible to prevent a single column from being
moved/resized in a grid datawindow. I want the user to have the ability to
move/resize all other columns in this datawindow. Is it possible to
lock/protect a single column ?

0
Colin

Uncheck movable property for individual column, it is found in property page
of each column.

-Raj
"Colin Brown" <myname@eircom.net> wrote in message
> I was wondering if its possible to prevent a single column from being
> moved/resized in a grid datawindow. I want the user to have the ability to
> move/resize all other columns in this datawindow. Is it possible to
> lock/protect a single column ?

0
PUNNIARAJ
7/16/2002 4:11:24 PM
No.  You could possibly read in the original size of the column, then in the
lbuttonup event check if the size were different (ie it had been resized)
and then restore it.  Not pretty though.
Or if it were the left-most column, you could create 2 data objects, one
with this column, not resizable, the other next to it without this column.
Use ShareData() to populate one from the other, and put some code in the
scrollvertical event to keep them in synch.
Simon

--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

"Colin Brown" <myname@eircom.net> wrote in message
> I was wondering if its possible to prevent a single column from being
> moved/resized in a grid datawindow. I want the user to have the ability to
> move/resize all other columns in this datawindow. Is it possible to
> lock/protect a single column ?

0
Simon
7/16/2002 4:27:27 PM
Yes, it is possible, but it is rather ugly to implement.
You'll have to map pbm_dwnmousemove, in it you'll have to do some proximity
testing for your column, the easiest case being the leftmost one.
If the proximity conditions are satisfied you'll need to set a flag (an
instance boolean - ib_near_mycolumn, let's say).
You'll need map pbm_lbuttondown and in it check this flag - do something
along these lines:
IF ib_near_mycolumn THEN
        ib_near_mycolumn = NOT ib_near_mycolumn
        message.processed = TRUE
        RETURN 1
END IF
SUPER::event lbuttondown(flags, xpos, ypos)
0
Philip_Salgannik

Moving columns in Grid Datawindows using datawindow painter -PB 8
I know - Evita - AGAIN???? :-) This is for my teammate who's going crazy. He has a grid datawindow of 4 columns and wants to move say column 4 between current columns 1 and 2 but whatever he does WON"T let him slide it over. Is there some setting he needs to set someplace or is he stuck? Thanks -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst Command Technlogies, Inc I'm not meaning when it's running...In design we need the column moved over from where it was (column 4) to where it needs to be (between current columns 1 and 2) Thanks Evita <Victo...

Column moving in a grid datawindow.
We experience the following problem: In our app we can move columns around in grid datawindows. After having created at runtime a line object in the header this suddenly is no longer possible. Explicitly setting the Datawindow.Grid.ColumnMove property doesn't help. After deleting the line at runtime it works again. If I would create the line at design time everything works fine at runtime. Anybody any idea? Regards, Michael Cornelissen ...

grid datawindow
first time using grid datawindows... when the select is done, the fields are inserted automatically. Thee columns are not in the proper order. How can i move them ? Go to the preview pane and move them from there. Just like you would do at runtime. Richard "Steph" <sybase.public.powerbuilder.general> wrote in message news:44859031$1@forums-2-dub... > first time using grid datawindows... > > when the select is done, the fields are inserted automatically. > Thee columns are not in the proper order. How can i move them ? > > Forget ...

Datawindow Grid and Column Move
Hi. My datawindows are Grid type, the property "MouseSelection", on the first tabpage, is unchecked. It's posible resize the columns without that property active? TIA To resize a column in a grid DW is necessary that the grid is displayed and the header's height is > 0 Ciao Angelo "Luis Cortes" <cortesgl@corp-ods.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:93XUy0oLCHA.654@forums.sybase.com... > Hi. > > My datawindows are Grid type, the property "MouseSelection", on the first > tabpage, is unchecked. It's posi...

Column Moving in Grid Datawindow
Hi , I am using grid datawindow in my application. After retrieving data i am moving (changing the display order) the columns. That's working fine. If i retrieve the data again column display order goes back to original, is there any i can keep column display order as i changed. could you please help me in this regard thanks in advance senthil s Re-retrieving the data won't reset the column order. But reassigning the dataobject or closing and reopening the window would. Unless you're using something like the PFC preferences service, there's nothing t...

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

Grid Datawindow Column Move Event?
Does anyone now if there is an event that can be mapped on a datawindow control that fires when a column is moved on a grid datawindow? IIRC, there's not. You'll have to use the events associated with the mouse buttons. It's been discussed before; a thorough search at http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search should give you the answers you need. HTH <Ron_Eyink> wrote in message news:E1798B98E06A9BBE007B107685256B05.007B108585256B05@webforums... > Does anyone now if there is an event that can be mapped on a datawindow > control that fires when a col...

Autoscrolling grid datawindow while moving column
Does anyone know how to make a grid-style datawindow automatically scroll horizontally when a user drags a column past the edge of the datawindow? Or better yet, has anyone written a service that does this? ...

prevent resize columns in grid datawindow
Hi, here's my question: I have grid style dw with some columns in it that should not participate on the column resize feature of the grid style dw. Because those columns contain bitmap expressions they should not resize. Otherwise the bitmap being displayed resizes too. That's not what I want. For the columns containing text data resizing should be valid. Background: Formerly I used a list view control, but the listview can only handle display one picture column. That's why I used a dw. But column resizing must be generally available except those columns who contai...

Preventing the Column of Grid Datawindow from Highlighting
I noticed that if user clicks on a column on the Grid datawindow, the entire columns are highlighted (background being black). Is there any way to avoid the highlighting? Any suggestion will be greately appreciated. Eugene turn off mouse selection under grid properties <Eugene Yun> wrote in message news:404f345a.2f40.846930886@sybase.com... > I noticed that if user clicks on a column on the Grid > datawindow, the entire columns are highlighted (background > being black). Is there any way to avoid the highlighting? > > Any suggestion will be greately appre...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Capture Grid Datawindow Column Move
Is it possible to capture an event when a user has changed the column order in a grid datawindow? Grant Greaves Since I posted the question, I will show what I figured out: I compared the value of <DW Control Name>.Object.DataWindow.Table.GridColumns at the time of the clicked event and then after (not during) a lbuttonup event. If they are different then the column order has been changed. Grant Greaves wrote in message ... >Is it possible to capture an event when a user has changed the column order >in a grid datawindow? > >Grant Greaves > >...

Column moves to end in grid datawindow PB8
Hi everyone, I have a grid datawindow and have made the first column (which happens to be the unique key that is auto-populated) not visible and I use a picture rowfocusindicator over it. So it acts as a placeholder really to force the first visible column to appear to the right of the rowfocusindicator. Well, I have discovered in PB8 that when I save the datawindow, PB moves the invisible column to the end of the detail band. This was not the behavior in PB7. How can I force this column to stay where I have intended? I have "column moving" unchecked. Thank...

Event for column move/resize in grid datawindow
It would be very very helpful if an event on the datawindow control would fire when a column in a grid datawindow was moved or resized by the user. Like a ColumnResizing event with dwo, row, oldHeight, oldWidth, newHeight, newWidth parms. Of course in a grid you would have a null dwo if it was just a pure vertical resize and row would be null if it was a pure horizontal resize as all columns or rows, respectively, would get the effect. I'd go for that. I bet it would be a pretty easy thing for Sybase to implement as well. -EGM M. Searer <nospam@nospam.com> wrot...

Web resources about - Prevent a single column moving in Grid datawindow. - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo