Powerbuilder Graph Types in 7.0.2, How do I change the color?

I have a requirement to produce stacked bar charts in specified colors.
These chart update when the date is changed.

I used a graph object gr_1 added to a window. I also used
gr_1.SetSeriesStyle( series, Foreground!, color)  and AddData to set the
color and datapoints and this worked fine. However when I tried to remove
the series gr_1.DeleteSeries(series) it crashed. In a test program this
worked OK, so I think it is a memory allocation problem.

I tried using a standard DataWindow of type graph and this is easy to set
up. But I am unable to change the colors as I cannot find out how to
reference the series. The manual says that you use
dw_1.SetSeriesStyle( "gr_name",Series, Foreground!,color).

The problem I have is that I don't know how to set  ***   gr_name   ***  for
the datawindow graph. I tried gr_1 but it didn't alter the color.

Any Ideas?

Thanx in advance

Richard

0
Richard

From PB online help:
                            For a graph in a DataWindow, you can specify the
appearance of a series in the graph before PowerBuilder draws the graph. To do
so, define a user event for pbm_dwngraphcreate and call SetSeriesStyle in the
script for that event. The event pbm_dwngraphcreate is triggered just before a
graph is created in a DataWindow object.

Richard Jones wrote:

> I have a requirement to produce stacked bar charts in specified colors.
> These chart update when the date is changed.
>
> I used a graph object gr_1 added to a window. I also used
> gr_1.SetSeriesStyle( series, Foreground!, color)  and AddData to set the
> color and datapoints and this worked fine. However when I tried to remove
> the series gr_1.DeleteSeries(series) it crashed. In a test program this
> worked OK, so I think it is a memory allocation problem.
>
> I tried using a standard DataWindow of type graph and this is easy to set
> up. But I am unable to change the colors as I cannot find out how to
> reference the series. The manual says that you use
> dw_1.SetSeriesStyle( "gr_name",Series, Foreground!,color).
>
> The problem I have is that I don't know how to set  ***   gr_name   ***  for
> the datawindow graph. I tried gr_1 but it didn't alter the color.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> Thanx in advance
>
> Richard

0
Uma
1/19/2001 7:28:27 PM
Hello,

I need some help.

We recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.
I am trying to define a Graph DW based on a (Sybase DB) Stored Procedure
(TrunStats1_gr_P).

The Stored Procedure takes 5 parameters. The first of which is the day of
the week.

The problem is the following: when I select the Stored Procedure I get an
error saying:

Cannot Create DataWindow

'Invalid day of the week value passed
1 execute dbo.TrunStats1_gr_P,1 @dayweek = :dayofweek ... '

When I define other Graphs I get the same type of error only with certain
Stored Procedures, not with most of them.
The only common thing to the Stored Procs is that they all take parameters;
but the ones that work also take parameters.

Any help appreciated.

0
bytem
1/22/2001 3:05:27 PM
    In order for PB to be able to build a DW (any presentation
styles) based on SP this SP must return a result set, even
an empty one, with all SP parameters set to NULL. This
is what DW painter does - it calls your SP with NULL
parameters and then "describe" the returned result set.
Hence in your SP you have to make sure that
with all NULL parameters it still executes your (or the same
structure) dummy SQL SELECT statement.

    Those your SPs which allow to build a DW return
the result set and others do not.

bytem@excite.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need some help.
>
> We recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.
> I am trying to define a Graph DW based on a (Sybase DB) Stored Procedure
> (TrunStats1_gr_P).
>
> The Stored Procedure takes 5 parameters. The first of which is the day of
> the week.
>
> The problem is the following: when I select the Stored Procedure I get an
> error saying:
>
> Cannot Create DataWindow
>
> 'Invalid day of the week value passed
> 1 execute dbo.TrunStats1_gr_P,1 @dayweek = :dayofweek ... '
>
> When I define other Graphs I get the same type of error only with certain
> Stored Procedures, not with most of them.
> The only common thing to the Stored Procs is that they all take parameters;
> but the ones that work also take parameters.
>
> Any help appreciated.

0
Vladimir

What Does PowerBuilder 7.0.2 Fix From 7.0?
Where would I find a white paper documenting what bugs PowerBuilder 7.0.2 fixes from 7.0? Thanks... Cayce http://download.sybase.com/software/tools/eastudio/35EBF1/pb702_ebf_8011.htm -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developers Network (SDN) - http:///www.sybase.com/sdn "Cayce Cook" <ccook@linnet.ca> wrote in message news:UGpDliNl$GA.298@forums.sybase.com... > Where would I find a white paper documenting what bugs PowerBuilder 7.0.2 > fixes from 7.0? > > > Thanks... > Cayce > > ...

Data Type Image in ASE 11.9.2. and Powerbuilder 7.0.2 C3
I would like to know how to get information saved in DATATYPE IMAGE from powerbuilder using OLEDB Driver... Thanks for your help, Regards, Tonny Cardenas. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Data Type Image in ASE 11.9.2. and Powerbuilder 7.0.2 C3
Hello, Does possibility exist of being able to bring through Powerbuilder for the OLEDB Driver the information saved in DATATYPE IMAGE? Thank you for their help. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Sorry, I don't speak english. I would like to know how to get information saved in DATATYPE IMAGE from powerbuilder using OLEDB Driver... Thanks for your help, Regards, Tonny Cardenas. On Tue, 06 Mar 2001 11:57:18 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Tonny Cardenas <tonny.cardenas@...

Data Type Image in ASE 11.9.2. and Powerbuilder 7.0.2 C3
I would like to know how to get information saved in DATATYPE IMAGE from powerbuilder using OLEDB Driver... Thanks for your help, Regards, Tonny Cardenas. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Powerbuilder 7.0.2 #2
When will PB 7.0.2 be released? Jan Erik Here's a couple of factoids: - 7.0.1 was released early August - the last official statement from Sybase *I* heard regarding maintenance releases was that the period between maintenance releases was to be six months - while 7.0.1 came in quite early at 3.5 months (the EAStudio version looks like it will be closer to 4.5.- 5 months by the time we get it), other maintenance releases in the past couple of years have tended to be around 8 or 9 months coming - Sybase will never commit to a release date until it is out the door...

Error ORA-01460 in PowerBuilder 7.0.2/7.0.3
Hello, I have several applications developed in PowerBuilder 7.0.2 and database Oracle 8.1.6. Now, we upgrade Oracle 8.1.6 to Oracle 8.1.7 and in some application I will appear the error "ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested" when recovering the information of the database. I have upgraded PowerBuilder 7.0.2 to PowerBuilder 7.0.3 (Build 10213) and the problem persists. Any help that you can give me will be welcome Thank you Oscar Can you run the database application in trace mode and ...

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

ODBC
I am receiving the following error with my application is try to select from the Access database (the connection works just fine). I am using Powerbuilber 7.0.2 build 8003. 'SQLSATE=S1003, [MICROSOFT][ODBC DRIVER MANAGER]Program Type Out Of Range' Is there are new dll that I need to use for ODBC or is there some other work around? Thanks. Janene Just answered your earlier post as anoymous@sybase.com. On Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:39:27 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database <janene.francis@kohlerco.com> wrote: >I am receiving the following er...

PowerBuilder 7 and Oracle 9.2.0.8.0 version
Hi, We have a customer who have among 40 legacy systems in PowerBuilder 7 and using Oracle8i, release 8.1.7.4.0. Now their database's team want to upgrade their database to the version 9.2.0.8.0 of Oracle, but before this we need to know if the version 7 of PowerBuilder can work with Oracle 9.2.0.8.0 Somebody know if is it possible? Hi Leonardo; 1) WOW ... O9i is no longer supported by Oracle. Why would they want to use that obsolete DB software? 2) I believe that PB 7 only supported 8i - so you would have to stay with that OCI level. The O8i interface should still ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 #2
Could anyone tell me if there is an area to review and report bugs in the released version of PB 7.0? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------86BE75563BECBC5F8BC633CB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Sybase has a free bug and enhancement reporting system called CaseXpress. You can report them there, but since it is free, you won't get the same attention as a "paying" customer. Check out http://etsprod.sybase.com/casexpress It is also useful to post your problems to these groups, so others can po...

PowerBuilder 7.0.2
I just got PB 7.0.2 and installed it. Being the suspicious person that I am, I verified the build numbers and dates on the help about before and after: PB 7.0.2.8003 was built on October 21, 1999 and most DLLs in the Shared\Powerbuilder directory are also dated 10/21/1999 including PBVM70.DLL PB 7.0.1.7027 was built on December 28 1999 and PBVM70.DLL is dated 12/28/1999 What gives??? Which version is newer? Hilario Avelino hilario_s_avelino@fleet.com Both<g>. Both have fixes that the other doesn't have. I understand that there will be a patch for 800...

PowerBuilder 7.0.2?
I got an email from a Sybase email blast that referred to PowerBuilder 7.0.2. Do any of you have that? What build is it? How do you get your hands on it? Does it fix any noteworthy bugs? Thanks in advance, Vince In article <htaI$VQd$GA.327@forums.sybase.com>, fabro@nmedia.com says... > I got an email from a Sybase email blast that referred to PowerBuilder > 7.0.2. Do any of you have that? What build is it? How do you get your > hands on it? Does it fix any noteworthy bugs? > > Thanks in advance, > Vince > > > Vince - 7.0.02 is ...

PowerBuilder 7.0.2 Build 8003 + Oracle 8.0.5
Are there know bugs with PowerBuilder 7.0.2 Build 8003 + Oracle 8.0.5? It seems to be extremely slow (compared to using Oracle 7.3.4) and will gpf on exit about 1/3 of the time. Also if the Build 8003 is unstable what is the stable release we should use? -Greg Definitely upgrade to the C3 (8046) release. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase "Greg Bluntzer" <gbluntzer@assetworks.com> wrote in message news:sIEbUU9JAHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > Are there know bugs with...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...