PowerBuilder down on opening a datawindow.

I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 on Windows XP and Oracle9i.
Suddenly I cannot open any datawindow.
Each time I tried to open datawindow with datawindow
painter,
PowerBulider gets down.
Someone told me that changing default printer might help.
But it didn't  help.
Please help me.
Thanks.
0
John
8/14/2006 1:09:55 AM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow
📃 28057 articles.
⭐ 5 followers.

💬 4 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1278 Views

Several suggestions:
First make a backup of the datawindow to another .pbl (you may even want to
create a new .pbl just to hold the backup).
1) Try regenerating just the datawindow.
2) Try optimizing your .pbls then a full regeneration (back up all the .pbls
first, again just as a precaution).
3) Try editing the source of the datawindow, add a space, remove it, then
try saving and see if you get an error you can deal with
4) Recreate the datawindow
steve
[TeamSybase]
<John> wrote in message news:44dfcb25.18b0.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 on Windows XP and Oracle9i.
> Suddenly I cannot open any datawindow.
> Each time I tried to open datawindow with datawindow
> painter,
> PowerBulider gets down.
>
> Someone told me that changing default printer might help.
> But it didn't  help.
>
> Please help me.
> Thanks.

0
Steve
8/14/2006 1:26:56 AM
Open the registry with REGEDIT.
Find this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default
Delete the value named DATAWINDOW.
This resets the painter layout to the factory default.
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
<John> wrote in message news:44dfcb25.18b0.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 on Windows XP and Oracle9i.
> Suddenly I cannot open any datawindow.
> Each time I tried to open datawindow with datawindow
> painter,
> PowerBulider gets down.
>
> Someone told me that changing default printer might help.
> But it didn't  help.
>
> Please help me.
> Thanks.

0
Paul
8/14/2006 1:27:22 AM
Hi Paul,
It opens!
Thanks a lot.
I deleted *entry* named DATAWINDOW in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default.
I have a bit of worry.
Isn't there any problem with this?
John
> Open the registry with REGEDIT.
> Find this key:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\
>
> Delete the value named DATAWINDOW.
>
> This resets the painter layout to the factory default.
>
> Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
>
> <John> wrote in message
> > news:44dfcb25.18b0.1681692777@sybase.com... I'm using
> > PowerBuilder 9.0.1 on Windows XP and Oracle9i. Suddenly
> > I cannot open any datawindow. Each time I tried to open
> > datawindow with datawindow painter,
> > PowerBulider gets down.
> >
> > Someone told me that changing default printer might
> > help. But it didn't  help.
> >
> > Please help me.
> > Thanks.

0
John
8/14/2006 3:14:48 AM
Nope.  It gets recreated the next time you run PB.
On 13 Aug 2006 20:14:48 -0700, John wrote:
>Hi Paul,
>
>It opens!
>Thanks a lot.
>
>I deleted *entry* named DATAWINDOW in
>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default.
>
>I have a bit of worry.
>Isn't there any problem with this?
>
>John
>
>> Open the registry with REGEDIT.
>> Find this key:
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\
>>
>> Delete the value named DATAWINDOW.
>>
>> This resets the painter layout to the factory default.
>>
>> Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
>>
>> <John> wrote in message
>> > news:44dfcb25.18b0.1681692777@sybase.com... I'm using
>> > PowerBuilder 9.0.1 on Windows XP and Oracle9i. Suddenly
>> > I cannot open any datawindow. Each time I tried to open
>> > datawindow with datawindow painter,
>> > PowerBulider gets down.
>> >
>> > Someone told me that changing default printer might
>> > help. But it didn't  help.
>> >
>> > Please help me.
>> > Thanks.

0