POWERBUILDER API SITE ???

Hi !

From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted
to API for PB should be found at the following addresses:

   * http://newebsolutions.com/api/ or
     http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/
   * http://choa.com/api/index.html

But I don't find them at the above URL's.

Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on,
or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ?

                    Tanks!   mailto:jdessart@consultant.com

0
JDM

Don Salomon, who was the author of these sites, informed me that he has
closed them down since he is no longer involved with PowerBuilder.

The three correspondents who I have seen communicating frequently about
APIs are:

Roy Kiesler - who has some very good objects using the WINAPI and and
WINDOWS shell
Eric Ajling
Geert van Damme

I believe that the sybase powersoft forum should have an API section.

I have a very large diary of PB tips which includes quite a bit of WINAPI
stuff, which I could send on to you if you e-mail me.

Avron Polakow
avron@shira.com

JDM wrote:

> Hi !
>
> From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted
> to API for PB should be found at the following addresses:
>
>    * http://newebsolutions.com/api/ or
>      http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/
>    * http://choa.com/api/index.html
>
> But I don't find them at the above URL's.
>
> Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on,
> or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ?
>
>                     Tanks!   mailto:jdessart@consultant.com

0
avron
8/24/1998 3:03:07 PM
Check your spelling <g>!

--

- Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
  Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115

avron polakow <avron@shira.com> wrote in message
35E180AB.DFA5F0AC@shira.com...
>Don Salomon, who was the author of these sites, informed me that he has
>closed them down since he is no longer involved with PowerBuilder.
>
>The three correspondents who I have seen communicating frequently about
>APIs are:
>
>Roy Kiesler - who has some very good objects using the WINAPI and and
>WINDOWS shell
>Eric Ajling
>Geert van Damme
>
>I believe that the sybase powersoft forum should have an API section.
>
>I have a very large diary of PB tips which includes quite a bit of WINAPI
>stuff, which I could send on to you if you e-mail me.
>
>Avron Polakow
>avron@shira.com
>
>JDM wrote:
>
>> Hi !
>>
>> From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted
>> to API for PB should be found at the following addresses:
>>
>>    * http://newebsolutions.com/api/ or
>>      http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/
>>    * http://choa.com/api/index.html
>>
>> But I don't find them at the above URL's.
>>
>> Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on,
>> or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ?
>>
>>                     Tanks!   mailto:jdessart@consultant.com

0
Eric
8/25/1998 6:19:06 AM
In article <35E180AB.DFA5F0AC@shira.com>, avron@shira.com says...

>Don Salomon, who was the author of these sites, informed me that he has
>closed them down since he is no longer involved with PowerBuilder.

Has anyone thought of asking Don to give control of the API files to them? If I
remember correctly, this site had a huge amount of API calls defined, and it a
shame to see it all go.

I still have several meg of space left on my ISP site. I could host some (maybe
all) of it.

--
Brad Mettee
PC HotShots, Inc.

--> Let us bring out the *Power* of your PCs <--
* finger bmettee@clark.net for PGP Key *

0
bmettee
8/25/1998 11:28:50 AM
--------------96402B2B89E6E0A9272158DF

Hi all!
Heard from Don this morning--the site will be back up shortly.

http://choa.com/api/

Check it out!!

HTH,
Jody LaPosta

JDM wrote:

> Hi !
>
> From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted
> to API for PB should be found at the following addresses:
>
>    * http://newebsolutions.com/api/ or
>      http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/
>    * http://choa.com/api/index.html
>
> But I don't find them at the above URL's.
>
> Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on,
> or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ?
>
>                     Tanks!   mailto:jdessart@consultant.com

--------------96402B2B89E6E0A9272158DF

<HTML>
Hi all!
<BR>Heard from Don this morning--the site will be back up shortly.
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR><A HREF="http://choa.com/api/index.html">http://choa.com/api/</A>
<BR><A HREF="http://choa.com/api/index.html"></A>&nbsp;<A HREF="http://choa.com/api/index.html"></A>

<P><FONT COLOR="#000000">Check it out!!</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000"></FONT>

<P><FONT COLOR="#000000">HTH,</FONT>
<BR><FONT COLOR="#000000">Jody LaPosta</FONT><A HREF="http://choa.com/api/index.html"></A>

<P>JDM wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Hi !

<P>From the Sybase docs and from may PB links on the net, a site devoted
<BR>to API for PB should be found at the following addresses:

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp; * <A HREF="http://newebsolutions.com/api/">http://newebsolutions.com/api/</A>
or
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A HREF="http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/">http://www.newebsolutions.com/api/</A>
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; * <A HREF="http://choa.com/api/index.html">http://choa.com/api/index.html</A>

<P>But I don't find them at the above URL's.

<P>Does somebody know if this site is down (or dead ?) for now on,
<BR>or if a new link exists (but is not mentionned) ?

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Tanks!&nbsp;&nbsp; <A HREF="mailto:jdessart@consultant.com">mailto:jdessart@consultant.com</A></BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------96402B2B89E6E0A9272158DF--

0
Jody

PowerBuilder API Site
What happened to the Powerbuilder API Site http://newebsolutions.com/api ?? On Sun, 10 May 1998 13:11:18 -0400, Charles Drolsbaugh <chas@snip.net> wrote: >What happened to the Powerbuilder API Site >http://newebsolutions.com/api ?? > I don't know. It's been down for some time. Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] | Source Consulting mailto:bruce.armstrong@eudoramail.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com | http://www.experienceondemand.com Preach the gospel at all times.If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi] On Sun, 10 May 1998 13:11:18 -0400...

Powerbuilder API call to stop datawindow retrieval
When I used SQLNET v1.x with Powerbuilder v4.x, I was able to stop a datawindow retrieve in my apps with a key combination of <CTRL>-<C>. This was a very nice feature to have, especially, with a datawindow retrieval lasting several minutes. With Powerbuilder v5.0.0.3 and SQLNET v2.0, the <CTRL>-<C> feature does not work. Powersoft tech support says that Oracle SQLNET v2.0 does not support this feature. But, SQLNET v2.0 documentation says that it does support this feature. I tested this successfully via SQLPLUS. I could use the RetrieveRow datawindow eve...

Powerbuilder API call to stop datawindow retrieval
When I used SQLNET v1.x with Powerbuilder v4.x, I was able to stop a datawindow retrieve in my apps with a key combination of <CTRL>-<C>. This was a very nice feature to have, especially, with a datawindow retrieval lasting several minutes. With Powerbuilder v5.0.0.3 and SQLNET v2.0, the <CTRL>-<C> feature does not work. Powersoft tech support says that Oracle SQLNET v2.0 does not support this feature. But, SQLNET v2.0 documentation says that it does support this feature. I tested this successfully via SQLPLUS. I could use the RetrieveRow datawindow eve...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

Powerbuilder Datawindow
Hello, Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid etc. Thanks Chris What would you use the DataWindow for then? To retieve the datawindow into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid? I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it... On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote: >Hello, > >Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using >Datawindow.NET just by using common control...

Powerbuilder
long ll_rc dw_1.SETTRANSOBJECT(SQLCA) dw_1.retrieve() g_ole_crx_application = create oleobject g_ole_crx_report = create oleObject g_ole_crx_connection_info = create oleObject Resultset lrs_resultset ADOResultset lrs_adoresultset oleobject loo_AdoRecordset DataStore lds_temp lds_temp =create Datastore lds_temp.Dataobject="dw_print" lds_temp.settransobject(sqlca) lds_temp.retrieve() lrs_resultset=create resultset ll_rc=lds_temp.generateresultset(lrs_resultset) lrs_adoresultset = create adoresultset ll_rc = lrs_adoresultset.SetResultset(lrs_resultset) loo_AdoRecords...

What is PowerBuilder?
Hello experts I am a student in CS, I am going to write a paper about Rapid application development using PowerBuilder. I need some articles about the arhitecture of PB and how PB fulfill rapid application development's requirement? Should any experts have such articles or journals, please kindly email. thank you very much! SOS -- Best Regards Reply Address->'mailto:seeker@netvigator.com' Paul Ho Why don't you visit http://www.powersoft.com and browse the products section. You will get a lot of information/white papers etc. If you're inte...

Web resources about - POWERBUILDER API SITE ??? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles