PowerBuilder 9 / Oracle datawindow update problem

When using PowerBuilder 9 and an Oracle 9 database, the following error is
returned when updating data in a datawindow whose primary key has the value
"  ":

Row changed between retrieve and update.
No changes made to database.
update mlsct set display_curr =1 where site_id = ""

The datawindow update is successful when using Microsoft SQL Server or
Sybase. It is also successful when using PowerBuilder 7 and Oracle 9.

Finally, if I use Oracle SQL Plus Worksheet and modify the value of the
primary key to equal something other than "  ", e.g. "1", the datawindow
update is successful.

Why is this update query successful when using PowerBuilder 7 and Oracle 9
but fails when using PowerBuilder 9 and Oracle 9.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Leonard Berman

0
Leonard

Problem with Dropdown DataWindow in PowerBuilder 9.0
Hi All, I am having a problem with dropdown datawindows which has an item with a data value of 0. I have a DataWindow with a column called 'Currency'. This column has a dropdown datawindow which, let's say, displays 3 items: Display Value Data Value US$ 0 CDN$ 1 Euro 2 When I insert a new row in this DataWindow, the 'Currency' column in the new row displays 'US$', even though the value in the column is NULL. Has anybody else encountered this problem? Thanks for your response in advance. Sunil ...

Problem with Dropdown DataWindow in PowerBuilder 9.0
Hi All, I am having a problem with dropdown datawindows which has an item with a data value of 0. I have a DataWindow with a column called 'Currency'. This column has a dropdown datawindow which, let's say, displays 3 items: Display Value Data Value US$ 0 CDN$ 1 Euro 2 When I insert a new row in this DataWindow, the 'Currency' column in the new row displays 'US$', even though the value in the column is NULL. Has anybody else encountered this problem? Thanks for your response in advance. Sunil ...

Problem with importstring datawindow function in PowerBuilder 9.0.1
Hi, I have some problem when I try to use the importstring function of a datawindow and the data imported have special characters like "=d1" or "=e1,=e9,=ed,=f3,=fa". Exist an EBF to solve this prolem? I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 build 6533 Thanks! Can you elaborate on the problem faced? Whats the import type used for importstring? whats the return value of the function call? Is the input string comma separate or tab separated ? Make sure For TXT and CSV files, the format of the string is the same as if the data came from an ASCII file, and each line ...

Datawindow's Date argument with PowerBuilder 8.0.1 and Oracle 9i 9.2.0.1
Hi, there: Does anybody know how to pass datetime type data from client side to server side in the datawindow? Can anybody recommend a good book about how PowerBuilder deals with Oracle, datawindow, embedded SQL? Thanks in advance. PB DateTime data type corresponds to the Oracle Date type. You can set a DateTime variable using constants, or use the Date function to make a Date from mm, dd, yy and DateTime function to convert it. What are you not finding in the PB help and online books? "sybase.working" <sybase.working@yahoomail.com> wrote in message news:eYB...

Datawindow problem in Powerbuilder 10.0
Hi, I have a problem with my datawindows. Anytime I create a datawindow using an existing table it allows inserts, updates and deletes on the table. But if I create a new table and then access it through the datawindow then I am only able to select the data and not update it. I tried connecting to ORACLE directly thru SQL Plus and was able to insert data into the tables that I had created and therefore it does not seem to be a problem with priviledges on the Oracle end. I have set the Update properties for the datawindow. All the fields are enabled. Any ideas as to where I c...

Powerbuilder Datawindow
Hello, Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid etc. Thanks Chris What would you use the DataWindow for then? To retieve the datawindow into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid? I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it... On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote: >Hello, > >Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using >Datawindow.NET just by using common control...

Powerbuilder datawindow and Oracle date
Hi there, I browsed through tons of articles related to the Oracle date data type issues but none solved my problem: I have a DATE data type field in my SQL Anywhere database (actually I have thousands of them:-(). Of course their data type is DATE in all datawindow column specifications, since PB application has been created using SQL Anywhere. Now, I recreated my database in Oracle using Oracle date type which is not just date but also time. When I open a datawindow and insert a row, I can enter a date '31-12-2004', than save it, then check in Oracle that the date ...

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

DataWindow Update x PowerBuilder 7
My datawindow have a SELECT like this: SELECT pubs.pub_id, pub.pub_name, pub.author_id, author.author_nm FROM author, pubs WHERE pubs.author_id = author.author.id The rows upadte proprieter is set to: Where Clause - Keys and modified columns Key Clause - Update key columns Updatable table - pubs Updatable columns - pub_id; - pub_name; - author_id When a run dw_1.Update() the query that is sent to database is: ( I change the columns pub_name, author_id and author_name ) UPDATE pubs SET pub_name = 'What'...

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

Scroll problem in datawindow powerbuilder 6.5
Hi , I have a datawindow with groups . I have a button on the header of the group. When the user clicks the button , we get a pop up window. I try to set the values of the datawindow at the back with the values entered by the user. When I do a set item and close the popup window, I get a blank screen. I have to use the scrollbar to move up. Does anybody have a solution for this . It would be great if somebody has a solution for this . This is my mail id : vgeetha@chn.cognizant.com Thanks in advance . ...

Problem in printing datawindow in Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi, I am a software consultant working in Salem, OR. I am using PB 4.0 as front end for a client server architecture using distributed database with Sybase 10.0 as back end. We are developing and running our application in Windows 3.1 with Novell as the networking software. I am continiuosly having a problem. I am using a text field in a table and having a datawindow based on that. Now, when I try to retrieve the information , it is fine but when I go to the print preview, is is showing me only a single line in that. When I try to print it, it simply prints a blank page (with footer ...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 9 / Oracle datawindow update problem - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles