Powerbuilder 8.0.3 Protect Expression Problem in Grid DW

Hi

A search of the group has found previous references to this issue but
no solutions.

Sybase Solved Case 10960579 contains clues in the header but we haven't been
able to view the resolution.

Essentially we have found that an expression in the protect property
for a column gives erratic results. A column is meant to be protected
based on the value in another column ( same row ). Sometimes the column
gets protected, sometimes not.

Any replies/assistance very gratefully received

David Hughes / drh0002@yahoo.co.nz
David

Have you tried putting the expression in a computed
field and using that computed field in the protect
attribute instead of the expression?

display the computed field and make sure it
is calculating the correct value.  I have found
that it is when the expression gets calculated
and not the protect attribute.

If that doesn't work, post your expression.

Sometimes the expression doesn't get calculated.
What I have done when this happens is to put
a dummy group in the dw and when I want it to
recalculate everything I code a groupcalc()

HTH

> Hi
>
> A search of the group has found previous references to
> this issue but  no solutions.
>
> Sybase Solved Case 10960579 contains clues in the header
> but we haven't been able to view the resolution.
>
> Essentially we have found that an expression in the
> protect property  for a column gives erratic results. A
> column is meant to be protected  based on the value in
> another column ( same row ). Sometimes the column  gets
> protected, sometimes not.
>
> Any replies/assistance very gratefully received
>
> David Hughes / drh0002@yahoo.co.nz
Dawn

powerbuilder 8.0.3 vs datawindow protect property
Will the next path of Powerbuilder resolve all the problems related to the protect datawindow property and the datawindows edit mask problems that I have in PB 8.01 and 8.0.2? Without knowing all the problems you have, how would someone be able to effectively answer that question? If all the proble you are having are not reported in the form of a technical support case ( "report a bug" cases may not yet be in engineering hands due to its inherient difference in service levels) or known to Sybase such that it actually got into engineering hands to fix for 8.0.3, it is ...

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

PowerBuilder 8.0.3 PVCS VM 7.5.1.0 Performance problems
as I have been browsing through the database I've found several inputs in regards to performance issues for Powerbuilder working together with PVCS. Does anyone have the experience that registering a new object with PVCS it does take an immense amout (not seconds, minutes!) of time? PVCS and PB are installed locally. The PVCS project and the PBL reside on the network. Any help is welcome! thanks Martin Um...On PVCS, we've got the pbls on each developer's workstation. The repository is on the network. As I've read from Paul Horan's post, having the PB...

Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0
What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0? I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues. Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX. Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire. Thanks, Julie Jiang Appeon Corporation <dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message news:40589011.2717.846930886@sybase.com... > What is the diffe...

Problems with Powerbuilde 8.0.2 and Oracle 8.0.5 Client
Hello all. I have been problems to set up my Power Builder (8.0.2 Build 9506)=20 application to run against Oracle, Client 8.0.5. The fields that was=20 created like DATE in INFORMIX database, doesn=B4t run correctly over Oracle= ,=20 that use only DATETIME data type (native). In datawindow the field is DATE data type, and on Oracle table, this field = is DATETIME. When PB select this field I receive a wrong date. For example,= =20 I save this date (using the same datawindow), "2002-12-05", then when I=20 Retrieve the data, the data looks like this "48/51/1398&qu...

Datawindow Update Capability, Powerbuilder 8.0.3
I've converted an internal application from 7.3 to 8.0.3 and have no issues with existing code. However I've created a new datawindow that does a three table join, and I set the datawindow to have allow updates property set, setting one of the tables for update and selecting three columns on that table as the updateable columns and setting the two columns that make up the primary key as the Unique Key Columns. In the application when I try to save changes (dw_1.Update()), I receive a messagebox stating "Datawindow Error", "Datawindow does not have UPDATE capa...

Problems with Powerbuilder 8.0.3 and EaServer 4.2.1.
Hello all, We have an Powerbuilder Aplication and Powerbuilder components in EAServer. We were working with Powerbuilder 8.0.3.Build 9704 and Easerver 4.1.1., the aplication was working fine but we migrated Easerver to version 4.2.1. then the aplication has problems with Powerbuilder components and sometimes works well but other times works bad. Could anybody help me to fix the problem, please? Thank a lot. Tonny Cardenas / Owens Illinois, Inc. You've got a P missing- aPPlication - in EAS 4.2.1 it requires two P's. ;) ....was there any other problem - errors t...

"Protect" attribute bug in 8.0.1 & 8.0.2 in Grid dw
In searching the newsgroups here, I've found several people who have asked about the protect bug in 8.0.0, .1, and .2 for grid datawindows. This is still unresolved in build 8.0.2.9506. Is there a newer EBF that I can try to see if this bug has been fixed? This bug is a show stopper for us for upgrading to 8. I just bought the 8 Enterprise upgrade 2 weeks ago for 3 developers. At this point I'm considering returning them to Sybase since this bug causes the software to be unusable for us... we might as well stick with 7.0.3. The bug is on grid datawindows. It is easily d...

PowerBuilder 8.0.3 Build 9933 any know problems going to Oracle 10G
My work place is about to switch over to Oracle 10G I was wondering if we will be all set using Powerbuilder 8.0.3 build 9933 or if there are any know problems? Will any oracle dlls have to change? Thanks Aaron, See this doc for a compatibility chart between PB and Oracle: http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1011566 Regards, John <aaron.belanger@oit.nh.gov> wrote in message news:1160765773.742455.241330@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... > My work place is about to switch over to Oracle 10G I was wondering if > we will be all set using Powerbuilder 8.0.3 build 9...

3-Tier Powerbuilder Application problem talking to Oracle 8.0.5 database
We have had a 3-tier (client, server, database) application built that works well in certain installations but fails in others. The failure is completely dependent on where the server executable is installed. The request that causes the error is completely repeatable. If a request is made for one claim abstract and it's associated content (just a document built from the database) the app works fine always. If a range (more than one) is requested I will get a 'The request caused an abnormal termination...connection closed' error that crashes the client executable. This ...

ASE 12.5.3 and PowerBuilder 8.0.3
Hi, Is ASE 12.5.3 compatible with PowerBuilder 8.0.3? Hi James, You need PB 10 to use "Release=12.5.1" in the DBParm and work with date and time datatypes in ASE. It may also be in a PB 9 Maint Release. PB 8 will work as long as you aren't using any of the 12.5.1, or later, functionality. Just be aware that PB 8 is EOL. Mark Kusma http://www.sybase.com/support/aboutsupport/otherservices <James> wrote in message news:4274dae1.ab7.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > > Is ASE 12.5.3 compatible with PowerBuilder 8.0.3? ...

FireFox 2.0.0.3 problem & Netscape 8.1.3 problems
Hi all, Well, when FireFox released their last update about 2 months ago, I downloaded and installed it . The very next time I fired it up, both of the browser windows jump up and down about every second or two. I've uninstalled it, re-installed it, I've even tried to go back to ver. 2.0.0.2, and it still "jumps," no matter what I try. So, I'm using Netscape 8.1.3, and have a problem with it as well. Here's the problem: if I open several tabs, without notice, it will simply disappear - gone - and I have to open it up again. Netscape 7.2, which I have as wel...

Powerbuilder 6.0 DW Plugin and Microsoft IE4.0 Problem
I'm using web.pb (powerbuilder v6) to create a web application. One of the functions is to send the user a PSReport using the Datawindow plugin that comes with PB6. The function works fine for Netscape v3 & v4 and MS IE v3,,,,, but not for MS IE 4.0/4.1. If anybody knows why or has a solution I've love to hear it. On Thu, 15 Jan 1998 09:26:33 -0500, "Steve Almeida" <salmeida@n83.npt.navy.mil> wrote: There is a problem with the DW/PSR plugin with MS IE 4.0. I have not heard of any resolution for this problem. Well, actually someone did say to remo...

Problem with Powerbuilder 7.0.3 & EAServer 4.0
Hi Everybody: I have an aplication based on Dynamo-Jaguar with PB components. It's working fine with Powerbuilder 7.0 and EAS 3.6.1, but when I try the 4.0 version of EAS I got problems: " In my dynamo pages there is a java.CreateComponent and it simply fails " ( I'm compiling my stubs/skeletons from the Jaguar Manager. When I try to compile them from DOS, i get a lot of messages telling me that it couldn't find some objets ) Any help? My case is very critic since i'm installing my application with the client. Thanks in advance VICTOR CH...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 8.0.3 Protect Expression Problem in Grid DW - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles