PowerBuilder 10.5 Save as PDF using PDF995

Hi,

I have been trying to use PDF995 to create PDFs using the
SaveAs funtion.

I have run into the following problem that I am hoping
someone can help me with.

When I install PDF995 it creates a printer named PDF995 that
cannot be changed and as I understand it PowerBuilder
requires the printer to be named "Sybase DataWindow PS" is
there a way around this problem?

Thanks
Terry Hannon
0
Terry

PDF995 is a PDF printer. Meaning, when you print to it you get a PDF
document. This would not work with the datawindows SaveAs function
(unless they changed something since I last used it). When using PDF995
you would normally use the datawindow Print function. Before doing this
you would set the PrinterName property on the datawindow to PDF995 so it
knows where to send the output.

Sybase DataWindow PS is something different. This is used in with
GhostScript and the datawindows SaveAs function to generate PDF documents.

Brad

Terry Hannon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to use PDF995 to create PDFs using the
> SaveAs funtion.
>
> I have run into the following problem that I am hoping
> someone can help me with.
>
> When I install PDF995 it creates a printer named PDF995 that
> cannot be changed and as I understand it PowerBuilder
> requires the printer to be named "Sybase DataWindow PS" is
> there a way around this problem?
>
> Thanks
> Terry Hannon
0
Brad
1/2/2008 9:45:49 PM
Hi Brad,

Thanks for the information.  I had assumed they could be
used the same way.  I will need to find out how to get
GhostScript installed then.

Thanks,
Terry Hannon

> PDF995 is a PDF printer. Meaning, when you print to it you
> get a PDF  document. This would not work with the
> datawindows SaveAs function  (unless they changed
> something since I last used it). When using PDF995  you
> would normally use the datawindow Print function. Before
> doing this  you would set the PrinterName property on the
> datawindow to PDF995 so it  knows where to send the
> output.
>
> Sybase DataWindow PS is something different. This is used
> in with  GhostScript and the datawindows SaveAs function
> to generate PDF documents.
>
> Brad
>
> Terry Hannon wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been trying to use PDF995 to create PDFs using
> > the SaveAs funtion.
> >
> > I have run into the following problem that I am hoping
> > someone can help me with.
> >
> > When I install PDF995 it creates a printer named PDF995
> > that cannot be changed and as I understand it
> > PowerBuilder requires the printer to be named "Sybase
> > DataWindow PS" is there a way around this problem?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Terry Hannon
0
Terry
1/2/2008 9:52:58 PM
Terry Hannon wrote in news:477c07ba.3655.1681692777@sybase.com:

> Hi Brad,
>
> Thanks for the information.  I had assumed they could be
> used the same way.  I will need to find out how to get
> GhostScript installed then.
>
> Thanks,
> Terry Hannon

Why? PDF995 works great as is, and all of the built-in PDF methods in PB,
e.g. the one using GhostScript, have limitations/issues in my testing. Just
print to the printer PDF995 installs, and you will get perfect results.
0
Dan

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

Save as PDF using Distill! method
I've read all the posts about Saveas PDF, but I'm still having problems. I have been trying unsuccessfully to use the Distill method to save as PDF. I'm using PB10.2.1 build 8035. Windows XP. 1. I installed the Ghostscript drivers in the default location of c:\gs 2. Here's my code: ls_result = astr_parms.datawindow_arg[1].Modify( "Datawindow.Export.PDF.Method = Distill!" ) ls_result = astr_parms.datawindow_arg[1].Modify("Datawindow.Printer='Sybase Datawindow PS'" ) ll_result = astr_parms.datawindow_arg[1].Saveas( ls_path,...

Error in Saving Datawindow into PDF file Using Ghostscript
We are getting error while saving Powerbuilder Datawindow into PDF using ghostscript in WIndows 7 OS . Same is working fine in Windows Xp and windows 2000 . Does Windows 7 support the same . If yes Pls give some solution It would help if you told us what version of PowerBuilder you are using. <ARUN> wrote in message news:4ab30cdd.59aa.1681692777@sybase.com... > > We are getting error while saving Powerbuilder Datawindow > into PDF using ghostscript in WIndows 7 OS . Same is working > fine in Windows Xp and windows 2000 . > > Does Windows 7 support ...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

PowerBuilder 9, 11.5
our configuration: EAServer 5.5 PowerBuilder 9, 11.5 Windows XP, 2003 what we do: generate PDF documents using the distill method (Sybase Postscript Printer Driver, Ghostscript) with PowerBuilder in EAServer using datastore.SaveAs(ls_fileName, PDF!, TRUE). This works fine, no problem there. what is it about: the generated PDF document seems to be somewhat 'protected' - what I mean is: if I open the PDF document, select some text therein and copy this text to a notepad document then the resulting text is non readable anybody has an idea why ? anybody knows...

how to use the registration number for powerbuilder 10.5
Hi. I recently installed powerbuilder 10.5 at my work place. It has the cd key/registration number on the cd's. But I didn't find a place to plug in that key during the installation process. can you guys help me in validation my installation. Do I need to do it online ? You don't have to provide it. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <kunal> wrote in message news:4b4b3ce4.232b.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi...

Powerbuilder 10.5.2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4bead6cb Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I installed powerbuilder 11.0 and now I go into pb10.5.2 and cannot edit any datawindows. I getted booted out of powerbuilder 10.5.2 giving a Visual Studio Just in Time Debugger window. I think when pb crashes now, this is a window it chooses to open up. I have several customers with 10.5.2 and cannot support them. Everything else seems to work with the exception of the datawindow editor. ---=_forums-1-dub4bead6cb ...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder 10.5 - SQLServer2000
I have a problem with a datastore timing out after 17.1 minutes when trying to do a retrieve from the database. If I set the CommandTimeout parameter to 10 seconds then PB will timeout at 10 seconds but if I set it to an hour then PB will still timeout around 17.1 minutes. The datastore has a stored procedure datasource, I'm connecting to Microsoft SQLServer 2000. If I call a stored procedure from within powerscript it doesn't timeout at the 17.1 min mark so it seems to be related to the datastore somehow. ...

Remote Debugging in EAS 5.5 and Powerbuilder 10.5.1
I just wanted the thank the user group for its help and input on remote debugging. The comments were helpful and ogt me finally going on debugging remote objects on EAS. i might add that I still had deployment problems in Powerbuilder 10.5.1. The properties for the deployed compent would be selectable in the but the debug property in the property file would be false. Strangely enough, it would show up in the component to debug list as selectable. I had event delete the component, made sure the remote debugging checkbox was not selected, and the component would still deploy as thou...

Save as PDF does not work
Hi , I have powerbuilder 11.5 with ghostscript installed on the machine . The save rows as PDF does not work - it creates an empty file . I have ghostscript installed on c:\gs and have the PATH variable set as well to the BIN directory What is missing ? Thanks, Jas I'm guessing that PB has been unable to install the Sybase PS printer driver, possibly due to Windows security. For all the details on saving PDFs, open help, contents, HTML Books, PowerBuilder Users Guide, Working with DataWindows, Chapter 19, Saving data in an external file. -- Report Bugs to Syba...

Powerbuilder 6.5 to 10.5 conversion
Is there a way to set drop down calender to checked during conversion on alle datawindows where the field is date and tab > 0? Or should I edit all datawindows and change the setting manually? Regards, Eric ...

Upgrade from powerbuilder 10.5 to 11.5
Hi, were are investigating the process of upgrading powerbuilder 105 to powerbuilder 11.5. are there any steps to watch out for. my initial plan is to backup the current source. Copy the source to a temp location. Perform an upgrade of PB10.5 to 11.5 and 'upgrade' the source. Does this sound about right at all? Many Thanks Anish, although I'm not a [TeamSybase] member, we have converted over 25 applications (most very large) from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 without any problems (no additional steps or changes to objects or code was required, for us at least). The only cav...

GetWindowTextA Win32 API call is returning garbage using PowerBuilder 10.5...
Well, this one's got me whipped. Time to turn to you folks for help. I am launching MS-Word, and some of my user's computers are slower than others, so I am needing to delay the PowerBuilder script an undetermined amount of time while MS-Word opens up. I have looked at and tried tons of methods, and it all seems to be boiling down to a failure of the Win32 API function GetWindowTextA (it returns garbage characters instead of the window's title bar text). I have it declared as a Global External Functions as follows: FUNCTION LONG GetWindowTextA( long hWnd, Ref String l...

Can we use "J Boss" as a Web Server for PowerBuilder 10.5.
Can we use "J Boss" as a Web Server for PowerBuilder 10.5 we development ?? Once the PASP is available. It's in beta now. "M" <cs99cs1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:45a3ab75$1@forums-1-dub... > Can we use "J Boss" as a Web Server for PowerBuilder 10.5 we development > ?? > > I thought it's been released. You can buy it now on Sybase's eShop > Once the PASP is available. It's in beta now. > > "M" <cs99cs1@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > news:45a3ab75$1@forums-1-dub.....

Rich text based datawindow print problem with powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

Anyone Using Surround SCM and Powerbuilder 10.5.2?? Need help with Setup...
Hey All, We just bought Surround SCM and so far looking like we bought the FARM!!! We can not seem to get it setup correctly and the Vendor says we never said it works with Powerbuilder. Yet in their documnetation it reports working with PB!!! So and help would be great . . . Regards, RJM Many SCC vendors (like Borland StarTeam) offer IDE integration as a separate download. When you go to the SCC properties of your workspace, do you see Surround SCM as a valid SCC provider? If not, you'll have to download their SCC integration module and install it. If you do see it, then provide some more details on what you've tried, what's worked/failed, and any error messages you're receiving. Paul Horan[Sybase] "Rjm" <rj_murray@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8a9b5d23-c1ce-4d32-99c7-f9ded8d4c274@g17g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hey All, > > We just bought Surround SCM and so far looking like we bought the > FARM!!! We can not seem to get it setup correctly and the Vendor says > we never said it works with Powerbuilder. Yet in their documnetation > it reports working with PB!!! So and help would be great . . . > > Regards, > > RJM I looked into using it a couple years ago but I don't remember how far I got with it. I looked at the documentation online and the SCC API needed by PB should be installed as part of the client install. They mention PowerBui...

PowerBuilder 6.5
Since upgrading my DB to ASA 6.0 I can no longer do a "Save As" in PB database painter to rename table. Error message is: An internal processing error has occurred. Report it immediately. I've also noticed that the DB painter options have changed. There is no longer an Autoincrement option. Has anyone heard if these are bugs? When is maint patch for 6.5 going to be released or will it be covered in ASA 6.0 patch? Thanks in advance! The reason this doesn't work is probably due to the fact that Powerbuilder is lacking a section in the PBODB60.INI file for ASA. Just take the SQL Anywhere section and duplicate it and change the name. I don't know what name PB is looking for in the INI but you could try "Adaptive Server Anywhere" or some permutation of that. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions - http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX R Granquist <rgranquist@bernicks.com> wrote in article <TJktLJj89GA.151@forums.powersoft.com>... > Since upgrading my DB to ASA 6.0 I can no longer do a "Save As" in PB > database painter to rename table. > > Error message is: An internal processing error has occurred. Report it > immediately. > > I've also noticed that the DB painter options have changed. There is no > longer an Autoincrement option. > > Has anyone heard if these are bugs? > When is maint patch for 6.5 going to be released or will it be...

PowerBuilder 6.5
Since upgrading my DB to ASA 6.0 I can no longer do a "Save As" in PB database painter to rename table. Error message is: An internal processing error has occurred. Report it immediately. I've also noticed that the DB painter options have changed. There is no longer an Autoincrement option. Has anyone heard if these are bugs? When is maint patch for 6.5 going to be released or will it be covered in ASA 6.0 patch? Thanks in advance! Did you report this to Sybase as requested? Roy R Granquist wrote in message <8QCb7Hj89GA.190@forums.powersoft.com>...

How do you get a PDF file saved to a directory without clicking a button in PowerBuilder (using some kind of scheduler such as Windows Scheduler)?
Hi, In PowerBuilder 11.5, we can create a PDF file of the datawindow report at the click of a button in a window. However, we would like to know now to create some scheduler where a click of a button is not required. Is there a way to create a PDF file automatically everyday at, let's say, at noon? It has to be some kind of functionality that can go into Powerbuilder and do the PDF process and quit out of it. How do I do that? Busy Beaver Well, if your button does create that PDF file after retrieving the datawindow, what prevents you of creating a small app that retrieves,...

dw from pocket 2.5 to powerbuilder 10.5
Hi it�s possible migrate or export a dw from pocket 2.5 to powerbuilder 10.5...? When i try to import the dw to powerbuilder show: error syntax column 60 Thanks Karla Karla; Yes, I complained about this in the ISUG "enhancement sessions" at Techwave 2007. I think that Sybase needs to better coordinate PB & PK release features so that it becomes transparent to import or export any component. What I ended up doing (like in your case) is exporting the DW source and editing out the offending feature syntax (pain in the ass though). -- Regards ... Chri...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 10.5 Save as PDF using PDF995 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles