PB8.0.3.9704 Grid datawindow column visibility

Anyone having a problem with turning grid columns invisible and then back to
visible in PB8.0.3.9704?  Once you do this you lose the column headings and the
'divider' line between the columns is gone as well.

This has been busted in all versions of PB8 (despite what Sybase support may
claim).
Matt

This has been discussed here already. Turn the visibility of header objects
back on.
0
Philip_Salgannik
2/5/2003 9:31:08 PM
Turning the header visibility back on does not fix this issue.  You still have
the problem with the column separation lines being invisible.

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:31:08 -0500,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
 <Philip_Salgannik> wrote:
>This has been discussed here already. Turn the visibility of header objects
>back on.
0
Matt
2/6/2003 5:08:49 PM
Well, somehow I don't.
0
Philip_Salgannik
2/6/2003 8:33:27 PM
I can send you a zip file with an exe and the pbls which demonstrates the issue
if you like.

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 15:33:27 -0500,
 <Philip_Salgannik> wrote:
>Well, somehow I don't.
0
Matt
2/7/2003 1:46:14 PM
This is corrected in EBF 8.0.3 9838
0
Matt

Grid Datawindow Column Headers lost when visible set=0 then set = 1 in PB 7.0.3
Is there a fix or a way around the reported problem of the Column Headers being blank in a datawindow Grid when you set the column Visible property from 0 to 1. I have an application that allows a customer to create Views/Profiles by selecting which columns in the datawindow they wish to see/edit. All non-selected columns have the visible property set to 0. When you change from one datawindow view/profile to another one that has a column that was not visible in the previous view, the column header is blank ( even though the visible property was changed to 1 ). This is a reported problem...

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

PB8 : grid datawindow problem (visibility)
Hi, In a grid datawindow, when i change the visible property of several columns setting them to invisible, objects in the header, footer or summary band in the same column are also set to invisible. The problem is that, when i set it visible again, the others objets stay invisible. (no problem with PB 6.5). Thanks. Change Request#: 243289 Priority: 0 Product Name: PB Enterprise - 7.0.3 OS: MS Windows NT 4.0 Old Delta#: null Fixed in Version #: 8.0.1_9048 Description: 7.0.3 build 10071 Regression: This seems to be specific with Grid DW's. I tried with a tabu...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Moving columns in Grid Datawindows using datawindow painter -PB 8
I know - Evita - AGAIN???? :-) This is for my teammate who's going crazy. He has a grid datawindow of 4 columns and wants to move say column 4 between current columns 1 and 2 but whatever he does WON"T let him slide it over. Is there some setting he needs to set someplace or is he stuck? Thanks -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst Command Technlogies, Inc I'm not meaning when it's running...In design we need the column moved over from where it was (column 4) to where it needs to be (between current columns 1 and 2) Thanks Evita <Victo...

Column moves to end in grid datawindow PB8
Hi everyone, I have a grid datawindow and have made the first column (which happens to be the unique key that is auto-populated) not visible and I use a picture rowfocusindicator over it. So it acts as a placeholder really to force the first visible column to appear to the right of the rowfocusindicator. Well, I have discovered in PB8 that when I save the datawindow, PB moves the invisible column to the end of the detail band. This was not the behavior in PB7. How can I force this column to stay where I have intended? I have "column moving" unchecked. Thank...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

PB8.0.3 datawindow and Advantage ODBC database
Hi, When i run a stand-alone datawindow which connects to an Advantage ODBC database (.DBF), i can retrieve all the rows in a table. However, when i run this datawindow within an application (using retrieve()function),it returns only the first row of the table. I try to capture the number of the returned rows and it's really the first row in the table. Thanks for any help! Do you have the "retrieve rows as needed" option enabled on your datawindow? On 1 Oct 2003 17:27:07 -0700, CongTan wrote: >Hi, >When i run a stand-alone datawindow which connects to a...

Datawindow Update Capability, Powerbuilder 8.0.3
I've converted an internal application from 7.3 to 8.0.3 and have no issues with existing code. However I've created a new datawindow that does a three table join, and I set the datawindow to have allow updates property set, setting one of the tables for update and selecting three columns on that table as the updateable columns and setting the two columns that make up the primary key as the Unique Key Columns. In the application when I try to save changes (dw_1.Update()), I receive a messagebox stating "Datawindow Error", "Datawindow does not have UPDATE capa...

datawindow column names and multi-table datawindows 5.0.04 -> 6.5
Has anybody out there noticed problems with the dynamic creation of multi-table datawindows and referring to the datawindow columns? In 5.0.04 PowerBuilder automatically prefixed each datawindow column with the table name(e.g. table_name_column_name). This is now broken in PB 6.5. Why did this change in 6.5? What necessitated this change so that all Sybase customers are forced to perform costly regression testing on PowerBuilder applications? Windows 95 PB Enterprise 6.5 ODBC - any dbms( Sql Any, MS SQL, Oracle, Sybase ASE, Quadbase ) ...

resize
In previous versions of PB there was the ability in a grid data window to resize a column. Also there was the ability to hide a column by keeping the mouse clicked and pass to other column but now in order to hide a column you must keep the mouse clicked and go exactly to the begin of the column which is very difficult. If you keep the mouse clicked and pass to the previous column the column does not resize =96 hide. I was able to do this in previous versions of PB. My current version is 9.0.1 build 7204. Please give me an answer if this is a bug and if your planning to fix it. ...

java Columns in DataWindows (ASA 6.0.3 and PB7)
how, use java columns in datawindows?? i desingned one database asa 6.0.3 with java columns for address, moneys, and names, this java columnes have differents properties. by examples. address(avenue string, number numeric(5)) ex: Bulgaria 146 address(street numeric(5), carrera numeric(5), number numeric(5) ex: cll 69 # 13-40 how manage diferents inherit java columns in datawindow?? thanks for any help good luck ...

Merging 3 column headers into 1 within a grid datawindow......???
I've tried several hacks to get round this problem. I don't want to lose the built in functionality within a grid( and thus have to code it within the window!!). The problem is they have turned on column into 3 on the database and still only want the one header. Unfortuneately grids have the very characteristic lines and make it look out of place and unprofessional. Any ideas how to merge grid datawindow column headers?????? Jim Have you tried creating a computed column? You can either do this in the SQL Painter (Convert to Syntax) or the datawindow painter. Concate...

powerbuilder 8.0.3 vs datawindow protect property
Will the next path of Powerbuilder resolve all the problems related to the protect datawindow property and the datawindows edit mask problems that I have in PB 8.01 and 8.0.2? Without knowing all the problems you have, how would someone be able to effectively answer that question? If all the proble you are having are not reported in the form of a technical support case ( "report a bug" cases may not yet be in engineering hands due to its inherient difference in service levels) or known to Sybase such that it actually got into engineering hands to fix for 8.0.3, it is ...

Web resources about - PB8.0.3.9704 Grid datawindow column visibility - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo