pb11.5 : 32766 characters limitation in a DW column : when will it be extended?

Hi
I see the limitation to 32766 characters is still applied on DW columns
( I use PB 11.5 and Sql Anywhere 11, with long varchar columns)
Isn't it silly to have such a limitation when PB offers the richtext
editstyle for a column ? How can the user  tell if the resulting string
for his RichText input will exceed 32766 ???

Thanks
PS : if you know a way to bypass this "behaviour", I am interested ...

Philip
0
PS

Hi Philip;

   Make sure that you have allowed the DB connection to use more than 32K.
Many DBMS drivers require a DBParm setting to over-ride the 32K default.

For example (PBMaxTextSize):

SQLCA.DBParm = "Database='Demo',Provider='SQLNCLI10',AppName='PB  11.5
IDE',Host='STD-CHRIS-LT',PBMaxTextSize=200000000,TimeOut=900,TrimSpaces=1,DisableBind=0"

In the ODBC realm you have to modify the PBODBnn.INI file. The parameter is
the same
For example:
PBMaxTextSize='32767'  =>  PBMaxTextSize='200000000' where 32k is the
default.

Remember that for ODBC, you *must* deploy the modified PBODBnn.INI file with
your application!

HTH

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"PS"  wrote in message news:4d00cc72$1@forums-1-dub...

Hi
I see the limitation to 32766 characters is still applied on DW columns
( I use PB 11.5 and Sql Anywhere 11, with long varchar columns)
Isn't it silly to have such a limitation when PB offers the richtext
editstyle for a column ? How can the user  tell if the resulting string
for his RichText input will exceed 32766 ???

Thanks
PS : if you know a way to bypass this "behaviour", I am interested ...

Philip

0
Chris
12/10/2010 9:17:07 PM
Thanks for the info, but it seems to be only  valid for MS-SQL databases.

Is there a similar setting for SQL Anywhere 11?  I cannot find anything
similar in the pbodb115.ini.

Thanks

philip

Le 10/12/2010 22:17, Chris Pollach a �crit :
> Hi Philip;
>
> Make sure that you have allowed the DB connection to use more than 32K.
> Many DBMS drivers require a DBParm setting to over-ride the 32K default.
>
> For example (PBMaxTextSize):
>
> SQLCA.DBParm = "Database='Demo',Provider='SQLNCLI10',AppName='PB 11.5
> IDE',Host='STD-CHRIS-LT',PBMaxTextSize=200000000,TimeOut=900,TrimSpaces=1,DisableBind=0"
>

> In the ODBC realm you have to modify the PBODBnn.INI file. The parameter
> is the same
> For example:
> PBMaxTextSize='32767' => PBMaxTextSize='200000000' where 32k is the
> default.
>
> Remember that for ODBC, you *must* deploy the modified PBODBnn.INI file
> with your application!
>
> HTH
>

> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
> "PS" wrote in message news:4d00cc72$1@forums-1-dub...
>
> Hi
> I see the limitation to 32766 characters is still applied on DW columns
> ( I use PB 11.5 and Sql Anywhere 11, with long varchar columns)
> Isn't it silly to have such a limitation when PB offers the richtext
> editstyle for a column ? How can the user tell if the resulting string
> for his RichText input will exceed 32766 ???
>
> Thanks
> PS : if you know a way to bypass this "behaviour", I am interested ...
>
> Philip

0
PS
12/13/2010 11:35:48 AM
Hi Philip;

   In SA ... are you declaring the large text columns as "Long Varchar"? If
you are only using VarChar you are limited to 32K whereas Long VarChar
extends the text length to 2G.

"PS"  wrote in message news:4d060514@forums-1-dub...

Thanks for the info, but it seems to be only  valid for MS-SQL databases.

Is there a similar setting for SQL Anywhere 11?  I cannot find anything
similar in the pbodb115.ini.

Thanks

philip

Le 10/12/2010 22:17, Chris Pollach a �crit :
> Hi Philip;
>
> Make sure that you have allowed the DB connection to use more than 32K.
> Many DBMS drivers require a DBParm setting to over-ride the 32K default.
>
> For example (PBMaxTextSize):
>
> SQLCA.DBParm = "Database='Demo',Provider='SQLNCLI10',AppName='PB 11.5
> IDE',Host='STD-CHRIS-LT',PBMaxTextSize=200000000,TimeOut=900,TrimSpaces=1,DisableBind=0"
>

> In the ODBC realm you have to modify the PBODBnn.INI file. The parameter
> is the same
> For example:
> PBMaxTextSize='32767' => PBMaxTextSize='200000000' where 32k is the
> default.
>
> Remember that for ODBC, you *must* deploy the modified PBODBnn.INI file
> with your application!
>
> HTH
>

> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
> "PS" wrote in message news:4d00cc72$1@forums-1-dub...
>
> Hi
> I see the limitation to 32766 characters is still applied on DW columns
> ( I use PB 11.5 and Sql Anywhere 11, with long varchar columns)
> Isn't it silly to have such a limitation when PB offers the richtext
> editstyle for a column ? How can the user tell if the resulting string
> for his RichText input will exceed 32766 ???
>
> Thanks
> PS : if you know a way to bypass this "behaviour", I am interested ...
>
> Philip

0
Chris
12/13/2010 1:30:11 PM
Yes, the columns are long varchar, but the DW always limits to 32766
( in the export, .... column=(type=char(32766) ...) so I cannot type
more than 32K of Rich text

Le 13/12/2010 14:30, Chris Pollach a �crit :
> Hi Philip;
>
> In SA ... are you declaring the large text columns as "Long Varchar"? If
> you are only using VarChar you are limited to 32K whereas Long VarChar
> extends the text length to 2G.
>

> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
> "PS" wrote in message news:4d060514@forums-1-dub...
>
> Thanks for the info, but it seems to be only valid for MS-SQL databases.
>
> Is there a similar setting for SQL Anywhere 11? I cannot find anything
> similar in the pbodb115.ini.
>
> Thanks
>
> philip
>
> Le 10/12/2010 22:17, Chris Pollach a �crit :
>> Hi Philip;
>>
>> Make sure that you have allowed the DB connection to use more than 32K.
>> Many DBMS drivers require a DBParm setting to over-ride the 32K default.
>>
>> For example (PBMaxTextSize):
>>
>> SQLCA.DBParm = "Database='Demo',Provider='SQLNCLI10',AppName='PB 11.5
>> IDE',Host='STD-CHRIS-LT',PBMaxTextSize=200000000,TimeOut=900,TrimSpaces=1,DisableBind=0"
>>

>> In the ODBC realm you have to modify the PBODBnn.INI file. The parameter
>> is the same
>> For example:
>> PBMaxTextSize='32767' => PBMaxTextSize='200000000' where 32k is the
>> default.
>>
>> Remember that for ODBC, you *must* deploy the modified PBODBnn.INI file
>> with your application!
>>
>> HTH
>>

>> Regards ... Chris
>> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
>> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
>> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>
>> "PS" wrote in message news:4d00cc72$1@forums-1-dub...
>>
>> Hi
>> I see the limitation to 32766 characters is still applied on DW columns
>> ( I use PB 11.5 and Sql Anywhere 11, with long varchar columns)
>> Isn't it silly to have such a limitation when PB offers the richtext
>> editstyle for a column ? How can the user tell if the resulting string
>> for his RichText input will exceed 32766 ???
>>
>> Thanks
>> PS : if you know a way to bypass this "behaviour", I am interested ...
>>
>> Philip

0
PS

Is DataWindow 2.5 in Dw.Net is same as DataWindow in PB11.2
Hi there , Can anybody confirm the said subject is a valid statement ? Dw.Net2.5 = PB11.2.DataWindow ???? How about the future enhancements which are planned for PB11.5 and future releases of PB... Will it not always be in the same codestreamline ? Regards , Van I mean how will be co-relate the three products from Sybase 1) DataWindow.Net 2.5 for Visual Studio 2008 2) PocketPowerBuilder Datawindows 3) PowerBuilder11.2 and Powerbuilder1x.x Datawindows All everthing is remain the same in all the above three products as far as Datawindow properties / events /...

How can I set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 to limit in 10BYTE in PB11
How can I set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 to limit in 10BYTE in PB11 I'm Chinese. In PB9.0 datawindow.column.edit.limit is set by DataBase Column width and it's all right for ANSI. But datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 in PB11 can not limit in 10 BYTE width. help me,I hava a lot of datawindows ,you known. <xys_777> wrote in message news:4c0ec1f1.9db.1681692777@sybase.com... > How can I set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 to limit in > 10BYTE in PB11 The edit limit is characters, not bytes. It has ALWAYS been characters, but this usually was the sam...

How can I set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 to limit in 10BYTE in PB11
How can I set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 to limit in 10BYTE in PB11 I'm Chinese. In PB9.0 datawindow.column.edit.limit is set by DataBase Column width and it's all right for ANSI. But datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 in PB11 can not limit in 10 BYTE width. help me,I hava a lot of datawindows ,you known. This question was answered in the general group. Please don't crosspost. -- Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product Enhancement Requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <xys_777> wrote in me...

How can I set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 to limit in 10BYTE in PB11 ,
In PB9.0 datawindow.column.edit.limit is set by DataBase Column width and it's all right for ANSI. But datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 in PB11 can not limit in 10 BYTE width. help me,I hava a lot of datawindows ,you known. ...

PB11 , datawindow.column.edit.limit=10 can't limit in 10BYTE
I'm Chinese,use pb 11.2. so , I want set datawindow.column.edit.limit=10, that the user can enter 10 byte . In pb8, it runs ok,but in pb 11.2 ,user can enter 10 Chinese Characters ,so that can't save database. How can I do to make it limit in 10 byte. thanks I believe you'll have to make the column 20 wide to account for the double storage that the byte uses. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://casexpress.sybase.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <xys_777> wro...

dw.Rows and dw.Columns in dw.NET 1.5
Hi, I have extended (in VB.NET) the datawindow.NET 1.5 by adding 2 simple collections : Columns and Rows. I can now use the datawindow / datastore just like the .NET DataTable. For example (VB.NET) : To enumerate columns and set the backcolor to red : For each col As DatawindowColumn in dw.Columns Debug.WriteLine("column " & col.ColumnName & " type " & col.ColumnType) col.BackColor = Color.Red Next To set the value of 0 to column "foo" of each rows : For each row As DatawindowRow in dw.Rows row("foo") = 0 Next ...

datawindow column names and multi-table datawindows 5.0.04 -> 6.5
Has anybody out there noticed problems with the dynamic creation of multi-table datawindows and referring to the datawindow columns? In 5.0.04 PowerBuilder automatically prefixed each datawindow column with the table name(e.g. table_name_column_name). This is now broken in PB 6.5. Why did this change in 6.5? What necessitated this change so that all Sybase customers are forced to perform costly regression testing on PowerBuilder applications? Windows 95 PB Enterprise 6.5 ODBC - any dbms( Sql Any, MS SQL, Oracle, Sybase ASE, Quadbase ) ...

Datawindow Columns limitation in PB 6.5.1
I have a datawindow with 130 selected columns out of which 118 are computed columns . Now i need to add some more, when i try to add even one more it starts giving me syntax error and won't save . As the such query is all fine and i can run it from isql or within powerbuilders database painter. Is there a limitation on how many columns one can have for selection in a datawindow ? I searched in the manuals i didn't find any ?? . Ravi ...

moving columns in a datawindow in preview mode/PB11.5
Hi, I'm trying to re-order my columns on a crosstab datawindow using powerbuilder 11.5. I have tried going into preview and re-ordering like I have done in earlier versions of powerbuilder but when I get back to design mode the changes are not saved. Any suggestions? Problem solved. I deleted the field and used insert/control/column. > Hi, I'm trying to re-order my columns on a crosstab > datawindow using powerbuilder 11.5. I have tried going > into preview and re-ordering like I have done in earlier > versions of powerbuilder but when I get back to design...

How to generate Powerbuilder extended attributes for columns in PD9.5?
When I perform a PowerBuilder extended attribute generation, Only extended attribute for TABLE can be generated, No for columns? Are you sure you looked at the column properties sheet? Also, you have to import the PowerBuilder extended model definitions. In your PDM: Click on Model -> Extended Model Definition 2nd icon from the right on the toolbar (Import) Select PowerBuilder. In my PDM this gave me about 16 PowerBuilder extended attributes for my columns. -- Michael F. Nicewarner [TeamSybase] http://www.datamodel.org mailto:TeamSybase.5.psyclo@spamgourmet.com &q...

PB11.5 DataWindow, RichText column
Hi there PB11.5 saw the inclusion of something I have been waiting for since PB4 - RichText columns in DWs!!! Just got round to trying this out. When I click on the RichText column I get the pop up toolbar allowing me to change font, bold, bullet etc but there is no colour options. So my question - where's the option to change colours? Thanks Brian Double click in a blank area of the tool bar and the dialog with color selection will appear. On 23 Feb 2009 05:59:23 -0800, "Brian" <info@infotechnics.co.uk> wrote: >Hi there > >P...

PB 11.5 special characters in a clob column on dw report cut off in the detail band
First is there a way to add a file or image of the report in this group.The suggestion of adding a rectangular object below the column in the detail band with the slide up option on ( try all above and directly above) both but didn't work. Using PB 11.5. I am working on a report with 2 group headers.problem is in the detail band where the text in columns are cutt off or not shown completely. It is happening in a report which has some special characters in the detail band coming from a clob cloumn.. When I view this report in datwindow preview mode its fine. Only when running thr...

dw from pocket 2.5 to powerbuilder 10.5
Hi it�s possible migrate or export a dw from pocket 2.5 to powerbuilder 10.5...? When i try to import the dw to powerbuilder show: error syntax column 60 Thanks Karla Karla; Yes, I complained about this in the ISUG "enhancement sessions" at Techwave 2007. I think that Sybase needs to better coordinate PB & PK release features so that it becomes transparent to import or export any component. What I ended up doing (like in your case) is exporting the DW source and editing out the offending feature syntax (pain in the ass though). -- Regards ... Chri...

Datawindow Plugin for PowerBuilder 6.5 in IE5.5 SP2?
We have been using datawindow plugin Npdwe60.dll for a long time now and it worked just fine in both IE and NS. However, starting from IE5.5 SP2, Microsoft decided NOT to support plugins any more. Is there any news on how to overcome this problem? ActiveX version of plugin? Any other solution? Thanks in advance for any response. Leonid Borisov Tefensoft Where did you find out that MS doesn't support plugins anymore? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide...

Web resources about - pb11.5 : 32766 characters limitation in a DW column : when will it be extended? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Dilbert (character) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dilbert is a fictional character and the main character and protagonist of the Dilbert comic strip . He is a white collar office worker who has ...

Discuss the content of the comment, not the character of the commenter: A note from our chief moderator ...
Rob Ashton, the chief comment moderator for Fairfax Media&rsquo;s five metropolitan news websites, discusses the most-commented stories of the ...

Here's what the voices of your favorite animated characters look like in real life
You'd be surprised by what the actors who play your favorite animated characters on TV look like in real life. On "Family Guy," creator Seth ...

George Lucas says he sold his ‘Star Wars’ characters to the Disney ‘white slavers’
... still has thoughts, feelings and many, many words about it. In the midst of a long-winded answer about why he didn’t have a say in the characters ...

If Star Wars Characters Had Cats
Submitted by: (via Griz and Norm ) Tagged: star wars , illustration , Cats Share on Facebook

The 10 Best TV Characters DC Introduced In 2015, Ranked
It wouldn’t be exaggerating to say this was DC Comics’ biggest year int television so far, so it makes sense that with everything that happened, ...

John Williams Reveals Why Each 'Star Wars' Character Received Theme Music
There are plenty on nuances in "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" that are telling of characters and their back stories. Perhaps none more telling ...

Will Smith Says It Was Terrible When He Found Out His Independence Day Character Died
Will Smith found it unpleasant to learn that the fat lady had sung on Steven Hiller, the character [...]

Black Pastor Destroys Pundit For Denying Racism: 'You Don't Have The Character To Even Listen'
... "Political incorrectness is racist, it's xenophobic because it really in a sense diminishes people's humanity," Hagler explained. "It characterizes ...