PB 7.0 DataWindows and MS SQL Server 7.0 Stored Procedures

I'm having some problems with creating a datawindow from a stored
procedure.  I have migraited a PB 5.0.4 application to PB 7.0 with no
difficulties.  This app has datawindows that are running off of stored
procs.  But, when I try to create a new tabular datawindow fromscratch
(I also tried this using a stored proc that is being used to power
other datawindows) I get the following message:

Cannot create DataWindow
'Data-conversion resulted in overflow'

If any one knows what I am doing wrong I'd appreciate the help.

BTW, I am connecting with the native MS SQL Server driver to a SQL
Server 7.0 database.  Also, when I run the SELECT in the PB ISQL
session it runs fine.

Thanks,
Travis
0
Travis

If you are manually specifying the result for the dw, then the datatype of
the columns should be the equivalent of the datatype for the columns in
the Stored Procedure result set and in the same order.

Thanks.

Travis wrote:

> I'm having some problems with creating a datawindow from a stored
> procedure.  I have migraited a PB 5.0.4 application to PB 7.0 with no
> difficulties.  This app has datawindows that are running off of stored
> procs.  But, when I try to create a new tabular datawindow fromscratch
> (I also tried this using a stored proc that is being used to power
> other datawindows) I get the following message:
>
> Cannot create DataWindow
> 'Data-conversion resulted in overflow'
>
> If any one knows what I am doing wrong I'd appreciate the help.
>
> BTW, I am connecting with the native MS SQL Server driver to a SQL
> Server 7.0 database.  Also, when I run the SELECT in the PB ISQL
> session it runs fine.
>
> Thanks,
> Travis

0
John
6/12/1999 12:22:21 AM
why not use OLEDB ? all problems are going away... ( there are few
other issues with the native driver and SQL Server 7.0 )
raf

Travis wrote in message <50mlMQFt#GA.291@forums.sybase.com>...
>I'm having some problems with creating a datawindow from a stored
>procedure.  I have migraited a PB 5.0.4 application to PB 7.0 with no
>difficulties.  This app has datawindows that are running off of stored
>procs.  But, when I try to create a new tabular datawindow fromscratch
>(I also tried this using a stored proc that is being used to power
>other datawindows) I get the following message:
>
>Cannot create DataWindow
>'Data-conversion resulted in overflow'
>
>If any one knows what I am doing wrong I'd appreciate the help.
>
>BTW, I am connecting with the native MS SQL Server driver to a SQL
>Server 7.0 database.  Also, when I run the SELECT in the PB ISQL
>session it runs fine.
>
>Thanks,
>Travis

0
Rafael

Retrieving a PB7.0 DataWindow from a MS SQL Server 7.0 Stored Procedure.
Retrieving a PB7 DataWindow from a MS SQL Server 7.0 Stored Procedure. I am running PowerBuilder 7 and using Microsoft SQL Server 7 as my Back-end. I have written a Stored procedure in SQL Server which accepts two arguments and returns a set of rows after a set of processing. But my Problem is when I create the DataWindow Object in PB7 it shows a "Data Conversion error" after the final step of the DW object creation wizard. This error does not come up if I check the Manual Result set option in the Wizard. But when I do so I don't get the output and also I am unaware h...

About Datawindow
Hi, I have created a datawindow from a stored procedure created in MSSQL 7.0. I am passing arguments to the stored procedure. When I retrieve data for the datawindow I pass valid values for the arguments, but the datawindow prompts for the arguments again for the second time then shows the result. When it prompts second time for the arguments if I say cancel it still retrieves the data. This happens in the preview mode as well as through the script. What is going wrong ? Thanks in advance. Sorry Guys , I found the problem. Don't worry about it! LNN wrote in messag...

PB 7.0 - SQL Server 7.0
I have PB 7.0 Build 10047 ( i migrated two days ago ) i have some stored procedures calls, and now, anyone not work some without parameters, some with parameters, but all very simple somebody can help me What database ? What Access Method ? What MDAC version ? I know for a fact that stored procedures using SQL Server 7.0 SP2 and SQL Server 2000 Client Win2000 SP1 and NT4 SP6a, MDAC 2.6 ( Current count on my application is 300 stored procedures ) MSS works OK OLE_DB (SQLOLEDB) works if you use pbole70.dll from 10009 build, 10047/10048/10049 builds has very seri...

Can't execute Stored Procedures with argument(s) using MS SQL 7.0 versus PB 7.0.3
I am using Power Builder 7 and I have installed the patch up to version 7.0.3 I connect to my SQL database (MSSQL 7) using regular ODBC for SQL Server. It works fine for retrieving any kind of sql syntax that I create using datawindow. However, it doesn't work for running a stored procedure with argument(s). The stored procedure itself runs just fine when I tested it from MSSQL's Query Analyzer. Examples: alter procedure dba.sp_people_long_name --> this one works just fine, because it has NO arguments as begin select peopleid,longname=lastname+', '...

PB 7.0.2 and MS SQL Server 7.0
Hello everyone, I am running PB 7.0.2 (Build 8046) and I am trying to connect to MS SQL Server 7.0 database. I can connect to the database via ODBC with no problems, but when I attempt to use the MS SQL Client Software 7.0, I get an error "Could not connect to database." Is SQL Client Software v7.0 even supported with PB 7x or do I have to go to 6.0 of SQL Client? -- Thanks, Daryl L. Avery Development Technologies Consultant Software Spectrum, Inc. E-mail: Daryl.Avery@SoftwareSpectrum.com Website: SoftwareSpectrum.com Voice: (972) 864-5114 Fax: (972) 864-3292 ...

Can I create a datawindow in PB6.5 using Store Procedure in MS SQL Server 7.0 as it's data source?
I created a Stored Procedure in MS SQL Server 7.0,and created a DataWindow in PB 6.5 using it as data source. First I use PB 6.5 native driver,I got such error message:Cannot create DataWindow. 'Data-conversion resulted in overflow. 1 execute dbo.P_TEST;1' Then I use ODBC,the columns were listed,but when I retrieved the data,I got another error message: Select error:SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Program type out of range. Can you help me? What types of columns are you retrieving in the sp? The 2 errors sound very similar. st...

PB 7.0 Client Cursor and MS SQL Server 7.0
We are in the process of migrating from MS SQL 6.5 to MS SQL 7.0 and are running with PB 7.0 build 5031. Our PB application uses a cursor which works fine with MS SQL 6.5 but we are getting the following error with MS SQL 7.0 when we open the cursor: SQLCODE = -1 SQLDBCODE = 999 SQLERRTEXT= "34000[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] Invalid cursor name" Is there a different database connection setting, different way to set up transaction object, different setting on ODBC connection, or something else that we should be doing or looking at when we go...

PB 7.0 and MS-SQL Server 7.0 login problem
I am having a problem connecting my app to the MS SQL-Server database. I'm sure it's something obvious that I'm missing. From my computer, it connects just finewith no login box. When I try to connect from a different computer, a login window pops up with "Admin" as the log in name. The database should be using a trusted connection from a computer within the domain. The user on the computer is successfully logged into the (NT 4) domain. Any ideas what I am failing to do? Hi, You must provide a valid login id on the other PC you specified and this login must ...

Problem with PB 7.0 And MS SQL Server 7.0 ODBC
I am having some problem using PowerBuilder 7.0 with MS SQL Server 7.0 and ODBC. Arguments to datawindows and nested SQL doesn't seem the work properly. The following is some lines from the ODBC trace-file: SELECT report.reportkey, report.reporttype, report.reportname FROM report WHERE exists (SELECT reportparam.reportkey FROM reportparam WHERE ( reportparam.reportkey = report.reportkey ) AND reportparam.paramtype = ? )) ORDER BY report.reportname VCHAR Length=4 ID=:as_paramtype *test* (10 MilliSeconds) Error 999 (rc -1) : SQLSTATE ...

Problem regarding calling the stored Procedure of SQL 7.0 from PB 7.0
I'm calling some stored procedures written in SQL Server 7.0 from the Power Builder 7.0 through the SQL Server native driver connection. It doesn't return back whenever I execute it from the Frontend while it works perfectly when I execute that stored procedure from Query Analyser directly. It has been working fine when I did the same operetion using PB 6.5 & SQL 6.5. Plz help me in this regard as soon as possible. Regards, Guls We had similar issue. We regenerated the application LOTS of times. Then it worked. Make sure you regen everything several times. &q...

Problem regarding calling Stored procedures of SQL 7.0 from PB 7.0
I'm calling some stored procedures written in SQL Server 7.0 from the Power Builder 7.0 through the SQL Server native driver connection. It doesn't return back whenever I execute it from the Frontend while it works perfectly when I execute that stored procedure from Query Analyser directly. It has been working fine when I did the same operetion using PB 6.5 & SQL 6.5. Plz help me in this regard as soon as possible. Regards, Guls Guls: Would be helpfull if I new more about the procedure you are calling and/or any error messages you are getting. We use PB 7.0 with MS...

Web resources about - PB 7.0 DataWindows and MS SQL Server 7.0 Stored Procedures - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo