Out of memory error in PB 7.02 datawindow developement

I have a timesheet report full of computed fields.  A stored procedure
provides the data.  The computed fields are used to determine daily and
weekly overtime, total hours, etc. I have reached a point where when I
attempt to save the report I get 'Out of memory' and PowerBuilder 7.02 dies.
The error seems to be related to either the amount of memory PB has set
aside for computed field expressions or to the number of nested ifs in one
expression.  I have broked the comlicated computed fields into several
smaller, simpler ones and have been able to save more computed fields. But
now I can't save the DW with even simple computed fields.  Can you tell me
what the out of memory error is actually related to?

0
Fred

I don't have an answer, Fred, but I did have a similar problem.  I'm in the
process of converting some 5.0.04 apps to 7.0.02 and in one of them, I hit a
problem very similar.  It was a data field with an edit mask.  Whenever I
typed a value in the field, the numbers in that field started... uh...
"whirling around" for lack of a better term, then I got whacked with an "Out
of Memory" message that killed the app.  Don't know if these two are
related, but if so, it may better help someone respond.

Billy

Fred Hiney wrote in message ...

>I have a timesheet report full of computed fields.  A stored procedure
>provides the data.  The computed fields are used to determine daily and
>weekly overtime, total hours, etc. I have reached a point where when I
>attempt to save the report I get 'Out of memory' and PowerBuilder 7.02
dies.
>The error seems to be related to either the amount of memory PB has set
>aside for computed field expressions or to the number of nested ifs in one
>expression.  I have broked the comlicated computed fields into several
>smaller, simpler ones and have been able to save more computed fields. But
>now I can't save the DW with even simple computed fields.  Can you tell me
>what the out of memory error is actually related to?

0
Billy
3/14/2000 2:02:22 PM
Billy,
I believe this is a different issue than Fred's.  I have had same problem
with date fields.  I think it has to do with the visual part of the control
not having enough 'room' to display and it goes into a wierd loop and blows
up.  It doesn't ocurr on ALL machines so I think it has to do with video
cards, video drivers, and screen resolution.  You should try your app on a
machine with a different video card and see if you get same results.  With
my date field problem, I have to make the field sizes big so that it doesn't
blow up.  This is rather annoying, and I believe could be easily be fixed by
Sybase but they never have.....

good luck

mike

"Billy Bosworth" <billy.bosworth@lgeenergy.com> wrote in message
> I don't have an answer, Fred, but I did have a similar problem.  I'm in
the
> process of converting some 5.0.04 apps to 7.0.02 and in one of them, I hit
> problem very similar.  It was a data field with an edit mask.  Whenever I
> typed a value in the field, the numbers in that field started... uh...
> "whirling around" for lack of a better term, then I got whacked with an
"Out
> of Memory" message that killed the app.  Don't know if these two are
> related, but if so, it may better help someone respond.
>
> Billy
>
> Fred Hiney wrote in message ...
> >
> >I have a timesheet report full of computed fields.  A stored procedure
> >provides the data.  The computed fields are used to determine daily and
> >weekly overtime, total hours, etc. I have reached a point where when I
> >attempt to save the report I get 'Out of memory' and PowerBuilder 7.02
> dies.
> >The error seems to be related to either the amount of memory PB has set
> >aside for computed field expressions or to the number of nested ifs in
one
> >expression.  I have broked the comlicated computed fields into several
> >smaller, simpler ones and have been able to save more computed fields.
But
> >now I can't save the DW with even simple computed fields.  Can you tell
me
> >what the out of memory error is actually related to?

0
Mike

PB 7.03
I have a table with four columns that are referenced from another table. My problem is that when I am selecting from both tables graphically in the datawindow painter PB only joins three of the columns in the foreign key. Is this an error, or is it some setting that I have forgotten? I can of course join them manualy, but this behavior can be a source for errors later. Regards Snorre Myklebust The SQL painter takes its best guess based on column names, but (like any other silicon-based intelligence) cannot be relied on to know what you are thinking. It is the programmer who...

DataWindow Expressions in PB 7.02
I have an application that has been migrated from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PB 7.02. In PB 6.5 when creating a datawindow I could right click on a column object and a pop-up window would display where I would then select properties. The column object window would display and a tab page titled expressions with a list of properties and an entry field into which you could type in expressions for the various properties. My question is does anyone know where to input expressions for the various properties in PowerBuilder 7.02? The user interface changed significantly from PB 6.5 and I have be...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

out of memory error PB 7.02
We are running PB 7.0.2 build 8003 We have a few new PCs which run with Windows 2000. One user is receiving a Out of Memory error. I believe it is due to the PB 7.0.2 not being compatiable with this operating system. Is there a patch to upgrade it? Sue PB 7.0.3 officially supports Windows 2000. On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 12:01:48 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity <Sue_Rathbun> wrote: >We are running PB 7.0.2 build 8003 >We have a few new PCs which run with Windows 2000. One user is receiving a >Out of Memory error. I believe it is due to the PB ...

Create datawindow error on PB 7.0
Dear Sir: 1. I have my program develop by powerbuilder 7.0 2. the datawindow using store procedure which develop from sybase SQL Server 11.9.2, when i export the source i can see " execute dbo.StoreProcName ..... " 3. My Sql anywhere version 6.0, and i used the default login: DBA My Problem is : the datawindow will well run on ASE 11.9.2, but will not run on ASA 6.0 Why ? I have try the same step in my PB6.5 it will well run both ASE 11.9.2 and ASA6.0 Anybody who can tell me, what's wrong Thanks a lot // Scott Chen a7839754@kimo.com.tw ...

PB 7.0.3 datawindow error
HI, since i am using powerbuilder 7 i have various problems with datawindows. the first one which occours after changing the DW-syntax is fixed with build 10047 and higher. But from Build 10047 and higher i have another problem (the newest version i have is build 10108): The message 'database error' occours if i paste the following select into a datawindow in the datawindowpainter or if i change the datawindows select at runtime and retrieve it again. SELECT DISTINCT PK_NR_PERSON, KENNZEICHEN, NAME, SORTIERNAME, VORNAME, ANZEIGE FROM (SELECT PERSON.PK_NR_PERSON, P...

Datawindow Error from Web-Datawindow
I got sometimes a Datawindow Error on my Webpage IE 5.5 ( PB 7.03 10108 ) "Select error: java.net.SocketException: Socket read failed" TIA Keller ...

filtered datawindow... update() error
I use.. powerbuilder 7.01 build 6012 filtered datawindow exists problem. update.. all right.. after inserting new row, but after changing 'retrieved data', update() crash powerbuilder... this problem.. Is corrected in build 70?? ? Should I upgrade powerbuilder-build70__ ? please answer.. bye~ Choong Su Kim, Could you please post the complete error message you see ? This may help us locate the problem. HTH Sanjiv Das [TeamSybase] "choong su kim" <simiy@kebi.com> wrote in message news:yREEEi#R$GA.98@forums.sybase.com... > I use.....

html datawindow error ERROR: Datawindow definition not set urgent
I have datawindow in a html page, when I created the page in the ActiveX sybase html datawindow properties I choose from source file (*.src) and deploy I get this message ERROR: Datawindow definition not set from my browser are there anybody to help me Thanks Francisco Pardo fpw@gruposoin.com.mx Select the Generate Absolute path in the DTC. Francisco Javier Pardo Weaver wrote in message <5JGJ$grD$GA.51@forums.sybase.com>... >I have datawindow in a html page, when I created the page in the ActiveX >sybase html datawindow properties I choose from source file ...

Datawindow create error: datawindow error has incorrect release number
I have the following table: CREATE TABLE dbo.APP_REPORTS ( rec_id numeric(18,0) NOT NULL, dw_state image NULL, dw_structure image NULL, CONSTRAINT RAPPORTEN PRIMARY KEY NONCLUSTERED(rec_id) ) go In this table I have stored reports generated from datawindows in PB9. Now we are migrating to PB11, but I get an error retrieving/generating the datawindows/reports from this table containing PB9 versions. In powerbuilder I have following code (in short): //ids_buffer is a datastore containing the report to preview //datawindow creation (from dw...

Run time Datawindow error in PowerBuilder 7.03 Apps.
Hi, We are in W2K environment, database is running SQL Server 2000 Standard on W2k SP3. The app. is built using PB7.03 10077. The run time is compiled in PBDs not DLLs. We have several run time reports are nested and sharing retrival arguments between the master and nested reports. Not knowing why since last Tuesday, we no longer able to run these reports, it either return all blank or give error message "SELECT Error: Incorrect syntax near the keyword IS". I discovered that some retrival arguments are not passing data correctly, it was pass as either NULL or blank. ...

PB 7 error when trying to create new datawindow PLEASE READ!!!
There is something seriously wrong with Power Builder 7.0.2 Build 8003 using Windows 98 SE. This problem is also seen on my college's running the same version of Power Builder and Windows 98 SE. I have also seen a fix for this in the newsgroups Go to registry and clean up in: Hey_Current_User\Software\Sybase\Powerbuilder\7.0\Application and Hey_Current_User\Software\Sybase\Powerbuilder\7.0\Application To delete all theat is in those folders in case there is some corruption. That seemed to work for a while for one of my college's but he noticed that if he i...

Infomaker 7 report = Powerbuilder 7 datawindow
Hi! We've recently migrated to powerbuilder 7 from powerbuilder 5. And we've taken advantage of the ability to create and modify the same reports in both powerbuilder and infomaker. However just now we've noticed a problem with modify a report created in powerbuilder in infomaker and visa versa. The datasource does not appear correctly. Powerbuilder & Infomaker 7.0.2 Build 8024 Is their a work around for this issue, or should be at a different patch level? Thanks! Richard W. Miquest I'm not following you. What do you mean with 'the datasource...

re: PB 7.02 -Crash after printing composite datawindow containing blob
Hi, We just migrated our code to PB 7.02(with latest patch) and are having a weird problem. We have a composite datawindow that contains two datawindow with blobs in them. Now when we print that composite datawindow and close the window, the application crashes. We debugged it and it crashes somewhere in the destructor event of one of the datawindow control. If you close the window without printing it works fine.Another thing I should mention as well is that we do some updates when we print. We thought maybe the composite dw got corrupted so we created a brand new one but got the sam...

Web resources about - Out of memory error in PB 7.02 datawindow developement - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Oracle finally releases first Java Developement Kits for Mac OS X
When Apple confirmed in 2010 it would no longer be supporting Java for OS X it announced shortly after an agreement with Oracle to include OS ...

developement - Android Police - Android News, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets
Few things attract new users to an app more than the ability to interact with other people; gamers demand multi-player and socialites want instant ...

Developement Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News
Latest Developement Articles - AppAdvice iPhone/iPad News

developement
Read all 'developement' posts on .

Profiting from social media audience developement
Social media is the biggest media game-changer since Google's launch in the late 90's, but many publishers are still wondering, "How can I make ...

FaceImageView, face detection in UIImageView for iOS developement
FaceImageView is a UIImageView clone that automatically scales the image to fill in the bounds and keep faces detected in the view.Fa

Sacha Baron Cohen's Cecil Chao Movie, 'The Lesbian,' In Developement
Sacha Baron Cohen has found his next controversial comedy. As reported by both Variety and Deadline.com, Cohen will develop a film based on Cecil ...

Developement
Mashable covers the top social media news on topics like Facebook, YouTube, Gmail, Twitter, Amazon, Pinterest and More.

More efficient fuel cells under developement by engineers
Solar panels need sun. Wind turbines need wind. Society needs ways to store and dispense alternative energy. Fuel cells could do this. But their ...

‘Saw 8′ Is in Active Developement
After almost a decade of Jigsaw, torture and traps, the Saw franchise took a hiatus back in 2010. The seventh film, Saw 3D , was a bigger financial ...