Oracle stored procedure problems with datawindows

Currently using oracle 8 and using a stored procedure as a source for a
datawindow.
when the procedure is asscoiated with the datawindow it comes up with an
oracle error stating that the variabels have not been initalised.

The stored proc has two in variables and an inout.

Has any one had this problem and found a solution.

0
Hamish

I had this problem. But I was necessary execute a stored procedure from the
script.
When I checked my connect string to Oracle database in the connect script
and my connect string in the database profile I found a solution this
problem.
For example:
My connections syntax in the profile SQLCA.LoginId='NOT_TABLE_OWNER' is not
a table owner. And when I wrote a script executing the stored procedure my
script look as: DECLARE rrr PROCEDURE FOR TABLE_OWNER.ttt; EXECUTE rrr;
My connecting string in the script SQLCA.LoginId='TABLE_OWNER' is a table
owner. And when I try executing the stored proc I had the error message from
DB. IMHO: In this case Oracle DB not found TABLE_OWNER.ttt proc for the
table owner.
My advice is:
1. Check your rights for executing this proc in the Oracle DB
2. Check your connections syntax to Oracle DB in the DB profile and in the
connect script. And connect to DB not TABLE_OWNER in the both cases.

I hope this help.

Dmitry
I'm sorry for my English :(

Hamish Ohara <hohara@cromwellmedia.co.uk> ����� �
���������:39099AA9.6FAE8A4B@cromwellmedia.co.uk...
> Currently using oracle 8 and using a stored procedure as a source for a
> datawindow.
> when the procedure is asscoiated with the datawindow it comes up with an
> oracle error stating that the variabels have not been initalised.
>
> The stored proc has two in variables and an inout.
>
> Has any one had this problem and found a solution.

0
Dmitry
4/29/2000 2:54:55 AM
Hi Terry,
Just tried your script. Get the error:
sqlstate S1000
And ORA-06550,PLS-00201 error:
id OUT_RESULT must be declared.
Any ideas?
I am using pb7 and oracle 8.1.5

Terry Dykstra wrote:

> Haven't had any problems using DW based on stored procedure.  Enclosed are
> some examples that maybe help.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
> Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn
>
> "Hamish Ohara" <hohara@cromwellmedia.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Currently using oracle 8 and using a stored procedure as a source for a
> > datawindow.
> > when the procedure is asscoiated with the datawindow it comes up with an
> > oracle error stating that the variabels have not been initalised.
> >
> > The stored proc has two in variables and an inout.
> >
> > Has any one had this problem and found a solution.
> >

>                               Name: sp_as_source_for_dw.sql
>    sp_as_source_for_dw.sql    Type: application/x-unknown-content-type-sql_auto_file
>                           Encoding: x-uuencode

0
qcheng
5/4/2000 7:57:58 PM
Which of the examples is failing?  It looks like you are using ODBC.  I
haven't tested with ODBC, only native driver against 805, using sqlnet 2.3
and net8.  Oracle's ODBC drivers tend too be quite flakey.

--

"qcheng" <qcheng@competitrack.com> wrote in message
> Hi Terry,
> Just tried your script. Get the error:
> sqlstate S1000
> And ORA-06550,PLS-00201 error:
> id OUT_RESULT must be declared.
> Any ideas?
> I am using pb7 and oracle 8.1.5
>
> Terry Dykstra wrote:
>
> > Haven't had any problems using DW based on stored procedure.  Enclosed
are
> > some examples that maybe help.
> >
> > --
> > Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> > Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
> > Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn
> >
> > "Hamish Ohara" <hohara@cromwellmedia.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Currently using oracle 8 and using a stored procedure as a source for
> > > datawindow.
> > > when the procedure is asscoiated with the datawindow it comes up with
an
> > > oracle error stating that the variabels have not been initalised.
> > >
> > > The stored proc has two in variables and an inout.
> > >
> > > Has any one had this problem and found a solution.
> > >

> >                               Name: sp_as_source_for_dw.sql
> >    sp_as_source_for_dw.sql    Type:
application/x-unknown-content-type-sql_auto_file
> >                           Encoding: x-uuencode

0
Terry

problem with Oracle Stored procedure datawindow
Hi : I have a datawindow with a PL/SQL stored procedure that uses REF cursors. There is one block in the PL/SQL script that has its own exception handling code to essentially ignore the no_data_found condition. When this code is included the datawindow causes a GPF. IF I don't include the code the datawindow does not GPF, but the procedure ends without really completing the process and hence no data is retrieved . I am using Oracle 8i database and Powerbuilder 7.0.1 Any tips/work arounds are greatly appreciated Thanks Medha Pai Can you show some code? -- ...

Problem with Datawindow Stored Procedure Closing in Oracle
Has anyone run into a problem where they are using a stored procedure as the source for a datawindow, but Oracle is reporting that the cursor does not close (even if this window and datawindow are destroyed?). Is there a manual way to close the cursor (opened in a datawindow)? Thanks - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com) www.planetdx.com What version of PB? Joe, Slawsky wrote: > > Has anyone run into a problem where they are using a > stored procedure as the source for a datawindow, but Oracle > is reporting that the cursor does not close (even i...

Problem in creating stored procedure datawindow in oracle
Hi Everybody, I am using OBDC driver to connect to ORACLE( 10g Release 2 ) for my Power Builder( PB8 ) application. I have created following package and stored procedure CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE a_demo IS TYPE my_result_set IS REF CURSOR RETURN work_orders%ROWTYPE; END a_demo; CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE proc_demo (out_result IN OUT a_demo.my_result_set) AS BEGIN OPEN out_result FOR SELECT * FROM work_orders; END proc_demo; But when iam creating datawindow through this stored procedure, it is giving error like Cannot Create Datawindow 'SQLSTATE = 37000 ...

PowerBuilder 8 and Oracle 8 Stored Procedure Datawindow
I worked many years with Sql Server and it was easy to do, but I don't know how to do in Oracle: How a Oracle 8 Stored Procedure can return to PowerBuilder 8 the result of a query or a recordset (in Sql Server is as easy as put a select sentence at the end of the procedure). I don't want to use temporary tables for a concurrence issue. Can anyone give me a help? Thanks in advance, Ra�l La Torre You need a REF CURSOR. See enclosed datawindow examples. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product ...

Oracle, DataWindow, and Stored Procedures.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------DE4EB7488A4F9A2397D1B73A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have read and successful tested the example in Powerbuilder Document 44553. I am running with Powerbuilder 6.0, and am using Oracle 7.3 with native drivers. My first question is: To see output elements when developing a datawindow with a stored procedure (And a package) are you required to use a Cursor? My second question is: I am trying to create a stored procedure (Including a package) which will perform multip...

Datawindow With Store Procedure in Oracle
I use PB 703 on oracle 8i How can I get a DW with Store Procedure , if the Store Procedure should return a SELECT command with many rows. Thanks Abraham ...

Datawindow with Oracle stored procedure
We are using dw with Oracle stored procedure result set as output reference (The method that mentioned in faxline 44553). As this method required us to set DBPARM with PBDBMS=0, which enable the stored procedure to return result set to a dw. One problem we encounter is that after we use this PBDBMS=0 setting, all other dw with simple SQL won't work any more. When try to update a dw with simple SQL, PB complaints about the record has been changed, but the data actually is unchanged. Our dw have setting for Where Clause for Update/Delete is 'Key & Updateable columns&...

Oracle stored procedure in datawindow
We are using PB 5.0.02 with Oracle 7.3. I would like to know if there is any other way to use Oracle stored procedure in datawindow other than using 'Put_Line' or External Data Source. Does PB 6.0 eliminates this limitation? -- Gary Lau Objectlink Consulting Take a look at the 'Connecting to your database manual' on how to use stored procedures that return a result. pbdbms.put_line is not recommended for Oracle 7.2 and up. See faxline 4553. -- Terry Dykstra [TeamPS] Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Gary Lau <glau1@csi.com> wrote in article <01bd...

Oracle stored procedures and Datawindows
Using an additional OUT parameter with an Oracle stored procedure does not display the updated value back on the datawindow . Any ideas ? Assuming you are the same person as Spidey, please don't repost the same question. If not, I apologize. Did you change the Ref Cursor to reflect the additional column(s)? Did you change on the datawindow add the additional column(s). You add them in using the 'View, Column Specifications' sheet. Rightclick on the list of columns and append or insert a new row. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.syba...

problem with a stored procedure datawindow
I often work with datawindow based on oracle stored procedure and i never had any problem except with one. This datawindow works fine during 3 hours (approximately) and then becomes invalid. The error is : ORA-06553: PLS-707: structure non prise en charge ou erreur interne [2601] ORA-06550: Ligne 1, colonne 16:|PL/SQL: Statement ignored| which seems to be an internal error... I thought it was an instance problem and i shutdown the database and re-start it but the problem is still the same. Datawindow based on stored procedure used a cursor that is never closed. Can the problem be ...

Stored Procedure
Hi, I created a datawindow by using stored proc as datasource in PB 6.0. Db is sqlany 5.5.04. On one machine, when I tried to retrieve same datawindow from same database, it is retrieving. But on another machine, it's giving me the error column list do not match. Is it related to pbodb60.ini file? Or with Powerbuilder profile( dbparm )? I tried to change static bind = 0 to 1, but result is same. Has anyone seen before? What is the problem? TIA -- Mahendra Dhamdhere, CPDA Email:mahendrad@hotmail.com Pl. Remove nospam_ from email id ...

Problem with stored procedure datawindow
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C08078.36D407B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have converted a datawindow that had a SQL Select to a Stored = Procedure that is retrieved on a page using the HTML generator. Now the = datawindow will not retrieve. I have tried setting the weight of the = datawindow in the dw painter to all options and still no luck. I have = even hardcoded values in the retrieveex script and the datawindow does = not return any rows. The SQL Select dat...

Powerbuilder datawindow + stored procedure
database ASA 7 When we build a datawindow in powerbuilder we choose the table and the columns to build it. There is also the possibility to build a datawindow from a stored procedure. Is a stored procedure running faster because the database remembers the execution plan? Thanks Eric "ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote: > database ASA 7 > > When we build a datawindow in powerbuilder we choose the table and the > columns to build it. There is also the possibility to build a datawindow > from a stored procedure. > > Is a stored...

Stored Procedure datawindow with Oracle
Is it possible to create stored proc datawindow with oracle and update it? ...

Web resources about - Oracle stored procedure problems with datawindows - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo