nested reports in nested report

Hi, I have a report with a nested dw in a nested dw.

I would like to change som properties of both datawindows/reports (width and
moving som columns - it's a grid report)

But how do I reference the nested report. I cant use GetChild (fails as it
is not a Composite). I have managed to get the to the first report and
change the width of i with the syntax

dwobject dwo_1

dwo_1 = dw_report.Object.dw_1
dwo_1.width = 3000

But trying to get to the next level this fails, i.e. i tried

dwobject dwo_2

dwo_2 = dwo_1.Object.dw_2   // fails at runtime

Does anyone have a suggestion to solving this problem

Regards

Carsten Christensen
cch@edbgruppen.dk

0
Carsten
2/1/2000 10:10:39 AM
πŸ“ sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow
πŸ“ƒ 28057 articles.
⭐ 5 followers.

πŸ’¬ 1 Replies
πŸ‘οΈβ€πŸ—¨οΈ 1341 Views

Hi,

You can try to pass additional information via the retrieval arguments
with the retrieve() function of the main  Datawindow , if you know this
argument at this time.
For example retrieve(arg1,.....argn,Width) then use the width argument  in
the datawindow Width expression
or use a call to a global function in the same expression.

FranοΏ½ois,

Carsten Christensen <cch@edbgruppen.dk> wrote in article
<HrYy8zJb$GA.184@forums.sybase.com>...
> Hi, I have a report with a nested dw in a nested dw.
>
> I would like to change som properties of both datawindows/reports (width
and
> moving som columns - it's a grid report)
>
> But how do I reference the nested report. I cant use GetChild (fails as
it
> is not a Composite). I have managed to get the to the first report and
> change the width of i with the syntax
>
> dwobject dwo_1
>
> dwo_1 = dw_report.Object.dw_1
> dwo_1.width = 3000
>
> But trying to get to the next level this fails, i.e. i tried
>
> dwobject dwo_2
>
> dwo_2 = dwo_1.Object.dw_2   // fails at runtime
>

> Does anyone have a suggestion to solving this problem
>

> Regards
>
> Carsten Christensen
> cch@edbgruppen.dk

0