nested reports in nested report

Hi, I have a report with a nested dw in a nested dw.

I would like to change som properties of both datawindows/reports (width and
moving som columns - it's a grid report)

But how do I reference the nested report. I cant use GetChild (fails as it
is not a Composite). I have managed to get the to the first report and
change the width of i with the syntax

dwobject dwo_1

dwo_1 = dw_report.Object.dw_1
dwo_1.width = 3000

But trying to get to the next level this fails, i.e. i tried

dwobject dwo_2

dwo_2 = dwo_1.Object.dw_2   // fails at runtime

Does anyone have a suggestion to solving this problem

Regards

Carsten Christensen
cch@edbgruppen.dk

0
Carsten

You can try to pass additional information via the retrieval arguments
with the retrieve() function of the main  Datawindow , if you know this
argument at this time.
For example retrieve(arg1,.....argn,Width) then use the width argument  in
the datawindow Width expression
or use a call to a global function in the same expression.

Fran�ois,

Carsten Christensen <cch@edbgruppen.dk> wrote in article
<HrYy8zJb$GA.184@forums.sybase.com>...
> Hi, I have a report with a nested dw in a nested dw.
>
> I would like to change som properties of both datawindows/reports (width
and
> moving som columns - it's a grid report)
>
> But how do I reference the nested report. I cant use GetChild (fails as
it
> is not a Composite). I have managed to get the to the first report and
> change the width of i with the syntax
>
> dwobject dwo_1
>
> dwo_1 = dw_report.Object.dw_1
> dwo_1.width = 3000
>
> But trying to get to the next level this fails, i.e. i tried
>
> dwobject dwo_2
>
> dwo_2 = dwo_1.Object.dw_2   // fails at runtime
>

> Does anyone have a suggestion to solving this problem
>

> Regards
>
> Carsten Christensen
> cch@edbgruppen.dk

0
Fran

Nested Report (is a row in a nested report)
I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report. I tried the following statements: dwobject ldw_report any la_data[] ldw_report=tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.Object.dw_1[1] la_data=ldw_report.Object.Data // this statement fails, if there is no row if UpperBound(la_data) > 0 then ... How about: DataWindowChild ldwc tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.GetChild('dw_1', ldwc) IF ldwc.RowCount() > 0 THEN ..... Brad Dirk wrote: > I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report. > > I tried the following statements: > > dwobject ldw_r...

Nested report inside nested report
Has any one tried to put and populate a nested report inside already existing nested report? Yes, What problems are you having? Just retreive the main report and the nested - nested report will retrieve. > Has any one tried to put and populate a nested report > inside already existing nested report? ...

GetChild on Nested Report that contains Nested Reports?
I have a composite report that contains five nested reports. One of the nested reports contains nested reports within it. GetChild does not work on this NR. This was listed under the GetChild help. Nested reports: You cannot use GetChild to get a reference to a report in a composite DataWindow when the report itself is a composite or nested DataWindow. I need to get a handle to this NR so I can apply translations. Any ideas? There are multiple rows, therefore PB doesn't know which nested report to apply the change to. What type of change are you doing? > I hav...

Nested Report -> Nested Report RowCount()
Hi All, I'm nearly there, just one more thing to work out . . . I have a composite which contains three nested reports dw_letter -> nested_1 nested_2 -> nested_4 nested_3 I can't use GetChild because this is deeper than one level, thus I am using dot notation ls_user = dw_letter.Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.object.Data[ll_current_row,ll_user id_col] I need to build on this to step through all the users in the nested datawindow, thus I need to know how many rows are in there, e.g. To do this I need something like rowcount ll_max_rows = dw_letter....

Nested report does not line op to the previous nested report
Hi everyone, I have a problem with lining up nested report. I created a composite report with 4 nested reports. The fist nested report is a free form report. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th report are grid reports. The 2nd grid report line up directly to data show in the 1st report. But 3rd and 4th report each start on a new page. But I do not want this. I want to line them up like 2nd report to the 1st report.. How can I solve this problem? I checked if the new page property is set for the repport, but this is not the case. They all have property 'autosize heigth' and 'slide dir...

GetChild returns -1 with nested reports in nested reports
We have a composite datawindows with 4 reports. One of the reports has 2 nested reports. When we use GetChild to get a reference to the 4 reports, the report with the nested reports returns -1. When we remove the nested reports all works fine. Is this normal behaviour or a bug?? We're using PB5.0.02. -- Greetings, Hans Groeneveld, TSD Automatisering B.V. h_groeneveld@tsd.nl Hans Groeneveld wrote: > > We have a composite datawindows with 4 reports. One of the reports has 2 > nested reports. > When we use GetChild to get a reference to the 4 reports,...

Nested Reports
Hi All, Does anyone know how to add a pagebreak between 2 pre-defined nested reports ---------------------------------------------------------------- Introductory information ... ... ... ================================ = Nested report retrieving some date = ================================ <---- I want to insert a page break here. ================================ = List of services for the report = ================================ ---------------------------------------------------...

Problem Created Nested Report Object On Report DataWindow
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213. I face a problem creating a Sub-Report Object on an existing Report Data window. When ever I try to do this the system crushes. I also tried to copy an existing sub-report object from another datawindow. In this case the system does not crush, but all columns on the main datawindow, having a ddlb edit style, loose the ddlb information. (Even if you define them again, when you close & reopen the datawindwo, they are gone)! Any help appreciated Thanks In Advance Stelios ...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

A nested report on a datawindow
I want to get the name of the nested report on a datawindow. With the following code (works it) : string ls_dataobject ls_dataobject = idw.object.dw_report.dataobject ("idw" is a datawindow and "dw_report" is the name of the nested report) But what do I have to do when the name of mine nested report is stored in a string? Maybe, something like this: Ex: string ls_name = "dw_report" string ls_dataobject ls_dataobject = idw.object.(the value of ls_name).dataobject Any ideas, Thank you! Sandra Dot notation doesn't let you ...

datawindow nested reports
I have a nested report containing reports and a nested report. The reports are printed directly after each other, for the first report of the nested report a page break is taken. I can't find why. What are the parameters in a nested report to take a new page for a new report-part? And where can i set these parameters ? Joeri Schepers. icdev.gent@securex.be ...

Nested datawindow reports
Is there a way to retreive a nested report using code without have to retrieve the parent datawindow? Is this a DataWindow.Net question? On 21 Oct 2004 10:52:53 -0700, Anthony wrote: >Is there a way to retreive a nested report using code >without have to retrieve the parent datawindow? Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange: http://www.codexchange.sybase.com Pre...

nested report in datawindow
I would like to have a nested report in the trailer of a group on my datawindow. the problem is I don't know how big the nested report will be and there isn't a autosize on trailer bands. Can anyone help me with how to do this?? thanks. no, it doesn't do it for you, I suggest if the database support, try to use store procedure to group data for display instead of using nested report! Carol wrote in message ... >I would like to have a nested report in the trailer of a group on my >datawindow. the problem is I don't know how big the nested report will be &...

Web resources about - nested reports in nested report - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Latest Marketing, Tech, Social Media, and Blog Marketing Finds - The Friday Traffic Report
The Friday Traffic Report Home Blog Subscribe! About Jack and Jim Website Promotion Social, Tech, Marketing News Subscribe Now Latest Marketing, ...

Mile High Report - For Denver Broncos Fans
MileHighReport(MHR) is the ultimate independent resource for the Denver Broncos on the web. Along with MHR Radio, the official podcast of MHR, ...

the rajam report
… I kept having trouble with understanding what “mode” I was in, for lack of a better term. Specifically, it was weird that “glances” could only ...

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere
Rasmussen Reports - The best place to look for polls that are spot on

Insider Trading Report - Institutional Ownership & Insider Trades
Crude Futures Break Below $60, Supply Glut, Weak Demand... Asia Continues to Rally, India Shines, China...

Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2012-06-04/Special report - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Twenty female Wikimedia editors from around the world gathered at the National University of La Plata in Buenos Aires, Argentina, from 23–25 ...

Download Your Free Copy Of ATL’s In-House Compensation Report
A free report detailing the findings of ATL's survey of in-house salaries and bonuses.

Unemployed Gamblers From Oregon? Report Profiles Web Bots
... comes to describing bots. "I think 'ad waste' is better," he said. According to AYAH, about 58% of all internet traffic recorded in its report ...

EPA report says fuel-economy gains stalled in 2014
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Fuel Efficiency Fuel economy and emissions levels for the nation's automakers showed no improvement year ...

Bombshell report details dozens of secret devices U.S. Government uses to track cellphones
... capabilities. The latest news surrounding NSA, and in a broader sense - governmental surveillance, comes from a fascinating new report from ...