Nested Report (is a row in a nested report)

I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report.

I tried the following statements:

dwobject ldw_report
any la_data[]

ldw_report=tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.Object.dw_1[1]
la_data=ldw_report.Object.Data  // this statement fails, if
there is no row

if UpperBound(la_data) > 0 then ...
0
Dirk

How about:

DataWindowChild ldwc

tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.GetChild('dw_1', ldwc)

IF ldwc.RowCount() > 0 THEN .....

Brad

Dirk wrote:
> I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report.
>
> I tried the following statements:
>
> dwobject ldw_report
> any la_data[]
>
> ldw_report=tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.Object.dw_1[1]
> la_data=ldw_report.Object.Data  // this statement fails, if
> there is no row
>
> if UpperBound(la_data) > 0 then ...

0
Brad
1/17/2005 2:56:10 PM
If it's a true nested dw (NOT a composite) then GetChild
will fail.

> How about:
>
> DataWindowChild ldwc
>
> tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.GetChild('dw_1', ldwc)
>
> IF ldwc.RowCount() > 0 THEN .....
>

> Brad
>
> Dirk wrote:
> > I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report.
> >
> > I tried the following statements:
> >
> > dwobject ldw_report
> > any la_data[]
> >
> > ldw_report=tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.Object.dw_1[1]
> > la_data=ldw_report.Object.Data  // this statement fails,
> > if there is no row
> >
> > if UpperBound(la_data) > 0 then ...

0
Philip
1/17/2005 4:14:31 PM
Thanks for the correction.

Philip wrote:
> If it's a true nested dw (NOT a composite) then GetChild
> will fail.
>

>>How about:
>>
>>DataWindowChild ldwc
>>
>>tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.GetChild('dw_1', ldwc)
>>
>>IF ldwc.RowCount() > 0 THEN .....
>>

>>Brad
>>
>>Dirk wrote:
>>
>>>I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report.
>>>
>>>I tried the following statements:
>>>
>>>dwobject ldw_report
>>>any la_data[]
>>>
>>>ldw_report=tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.Object.dw_1[1]
>>>la_data=ldw_report.Object.Data  // this statement fails,
>>>if there is no row
>>>
>>>if UpperBound(la_data) > 0 then ...

0
Brad
1/17/2005 4:56:05 PM
Hello,

I just found the answer to your problem :
http://groups.google.be/groups?hl=nl&lr=&selm=iu5Qe4te9GA.199%40forums.power
soft.com

In case the link does not work, here's a copy of that message
--------
Hans,

I have a solution to this problem. Basically, I found out as you did that
GetChild works with
Composite reports(where there is only one instance of the child), but not
with Nested reports
since each parent row can contain a separate child instance.

Solution:
for each parent row, use dot notation to read the nested data into a
datastore whose dataobject is
the same as the nested dw. Then use the datastore to sort or group or
whatever, then read the data
back into the nested dw for the current parent row.

(ie.)(my syntax my not be exact here)

datastore ds_sortbuf
ds_sortbuf = create datastore
ds_sortbuf = "d_nested"

long rc, N
rc = dw_parent.rowcount()
for N=1 to rc
     ds_sortbuf.object.data = dw_parent.object.dwc_nested[N].object.data //
line A
     ds_sortbuf.setsort() etc. // line B
     dw_parent.object.dwc_nested[N].object.data = ds_sortbuf.object.data //
line C
next

2 issues exist which you must consider:
1. performance - may not be super fast (using setredraw might help)

2. if the nested dw has a rowcount = 0 then line A will cause an pb
exception. Unfortunately you can't
    just check the rowcount for the nested dw since there is no handle to
it. But you can either catch this
   excpetion in the parent dw's error event and ignore it, or do what I did
in my report:

   a. create a dummy column in the nested dw called "are_u_there".
   b. identify at least one not null allowed key column which your nested dw
selects (I will call it "key_col")
   c. modify the code snipet above like this:

string ls_rowcount_checker
for N=1 to rc
     dw_parent.object.dwc_nested[N].object.are_u_there.current[1] = 'Y' //
creates a dummy 1st row if none exists
     ls_rowcount_checker =
string(dw_parent.object.dwc_nested[N].object.key_col.current[1])

     if isnull(ls_rowcount_checker) then // rowcount is zero since this is a
dummy row just created
          // do whatever for case of nested rpt with no rows.
     else // row one was already there, so rowcount > 0
          ds_sortbuf.object.data =
dw_parent.object.dwc_nested[N].object.data // line A
          ds_sortbuf.setsort() etc. // line B
          dw_parent.object.dwc_nested[N].object.data =
ds_sortbuf.object.data // line C
     end if
next

Kind of involved but it works like charm ....
good luck
-steve (mind u I am in Pb5 , maybe Pb6 has an easier way)

--
Greetz,
Frederic Hoornaert

<Dirk> wrote in message news:41eb9ca4.61fe.1681692777@sybase.com...
> I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report.
>
> I tried the following statements:
>
> dwobject ldw_report
> any la_data[]
>
> ldw_report=tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.Object.dw_1[1]
> la_data=ldw_report.Object.Data  // this statement fails, if
> there is no row
>
> if UpperBound(la_data) > 0 then ...

0
Frederic
1/18/2005 4:05:48 PM
Is it possible to insert a row in a nested datawindow ?

Prabir

"Frederic Hoornaert" <Frederic.Hoornaert@transics.nospam.com> wrote in
message news:41ed33d8@forums-2-dub...
> [...]
>           ds_sortbuf.setsort() etc. // line B
>           dw_parent.object.dwc_nested[N].object.data =
> ds_sortbuf.object.data // line C
>      end if
> next
>
> Kind of involved but it works like charm ....
> good luck
> -steve (mind u I am in Pb5 , maybe Pb6 has an easier way)
>
> --
> Greetz,
> Frederic Hoornaert
> (Plz remove .nospam from my email address when replying to this message)
>
> <Dirk> wrote in message news:41eb9ca4.61fe.1681692777@sybase.com...
> > I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report.
> >
> > I tried the following statements:
> >
> > dwobject ldw_report
> > any la_data[]
> >
> > ldw_report=tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.Object.dw_1[1]
> > la_data=ldw_report.Object.Data  // this statement fails, if

0
Prabir
1/18/2005 6:00:42 PM
Use the same logic provided by Frederic:

datastore ds_sortbuf
ds_sortbuf = create datastore
ds_sortbuf = "d_nested"

long rc, N
rc = dw_parent.rowcount()
for N=1 to rc
      ds_sortbuf.object.data = dw_parent.object.dwc_nested[N].object.data //
line A
      ds_sortbuf.setsort() etc. // line B

      //Insert Row
      ll_row = ds_sortbuf.InsertRow(0)           <-----Insert new rows
      ds_sortbuf.Object.col1[ll_row] = 'value'

Prabir C wrote:
> [...]
>>          ds_sortbuf.setsort() etc. // line B
>>          dw_parent.object.dwc_nested[N].object.data =
>>ds_sortbuf.object.data // line C
>>     end if
>>next
>>
>>Kind of involved but it works like charm ....
>>good luck
>>-steve (mind u I am in Pb5 , maybe Pb6 has an easier way)
>>
>>--
>>Greetz,
>>Frederic Hoornaert
>>(Plz remove .nospam from my email address when replying to this message)
>>
>><Dirk> wrote in message news:41eb9ca4.61fe.1681692777@sybase.com...
>>
>>>I want to find out if there is a row in a nested report.
>>>
>>>I tried the following statements:
>>>
>>>dwobject ldw_report
>>>any la_data[]
>>>
>>>ldw_report=tabctrl.tp3.dw_preview.Object.dw_1[1]
>>>la_data=ldw_report.Object.Data  // this statement fails, if

0
Brad

nested reports in nested report
Hi, I have a report with a nested dw in a nested dw. I would like to change som properties of both datawindows/reports (width and moving som columns - it's a grid report) But how do I reference the nested report. I cant use GetChild (fails as it is not a Composite). I have managed to get the to the first report and change the width of i with the syntax dwobject dwo_1 dwo_1 = dw_report.Object.dw_1 dwo_1.width = 3000 But trying to get to the next level this fails, i.e. i tried dwobject dwo_2 dwo_2 = dwo_1.Object.dw_2 // fails at runtime Does anyone have a sugg...

Nested report inside nested report
Has any one tried to put and populate a nested report inside already existing nested report? Yes, What problems are you having? Just retreive the main report and the nested - nested report will retrieve. > Has any one tried to put and populate a nested report > inside already existing nested report? ...

GetChild on Nested Report that contains Nested Reports?
I have a composite report that contains five nested reports. One of the nested reports contains nested reports within it. GetChild does not work on this NR. This was listed under the GetChild help. Nested reports: You cannot use GetChild to get a reference to a report in a composite DataWindow when the report itself is a composite or nested DataWindow. I need to get a handle to this NR so I can apply translations. Any ideas? There are multiple rows, therefore PB doesn't know which nested report to apply the change to. What type of change are you doing? > I have a composite report that contains five nested > reports. One of the nested reports contains nested > reports within it. GetChild does not work on this NR. > This was listed under the GetChild help. > > Nested reports: You cannot use GetChild to get a reference > to a report in a composite DataWindow when the report > itself is a composite or nested DataWindow. > > I need to get a handle to this NR so I can apply > translations. Any ideas? > > > This report is pretty complex. I try to avoid nested reports within a nested report because of the getchild issue. To get this particular report to do everything we wanted I ended up placing two NR's within this one NR. The one is in a group header and the other is in the detail band. I was more concerned with getting the report to work and achieved that, now I have to deal w...

Nested Report -> Nested Report RowCount()
Hi All, I'm nearly there, just one more thing to work out . . . I have a composite which contains three nested reports dw_letter -> nested_1 nested_2 -> nested_4 nested_3 I can't use GetChild because this is deeper than one level, thus I am using dot notation ls_user = dw_letter.Object.nested_2.object.nested_4.object.Data[ll_current_row,ll_user id_col] I need to build on this to step through all the users in the nested datawindow, thus I need to know how many rows are in there, e.g. To do this I need something like rowcount ll_max_rows = dw_letter....

GetChild returns -1 with nested reports in nested reports
We have a composite datawindows with 4 reports. One of the reports has 2 nested reports. When we use GetChild to get a reference to the 4 reports, the report with the nested reports returns -1. When we remove the nested reports all works fine. Is this normal behaviour or a bug?? We're using PB5.0.02. -- Greetings, Hans Groeneveld, TSD Automatisering B.V. h_groeneveld@tsd.nl Hans Groeneveld wrote: > > We have a composite datawindows with 4 reports. One of the reports has 2 > nested reports. > When we use GetChild to get a reference to the 4 reports,...

Nested report does not line op to the previous nested report
Hi everyone, I have a problem with lining up nested report. I created a composite report with 4 nested reports. The fist nested report is a free form report. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th report are grid reports. The 2nd grid report line up directly to data show in the 1st report. But 3rd and 4th report each start on a new page. But I do not want this. I want to line them up like 2nd report to the 1st report.. How can I solve this problem? I checked if the new page property is set for the repport, but this is not the case. They all have property 'autosize heigth' and 'slide dir...

Nested Reports
Hi All, Does anyone know how to add a pagebreak between 2 pre-defined nested reports ---------------------------------------------------------------- Introductory information ... ... ... ================================ = Nested report retrieving some date = ================================ <---- I want to insert a page break here. ================================ = List of services for the report = ================================ ---------------------------------------------------...

Problem Created Nested Report Object On Report DataWindow
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213. I face a problem creating a Sub-Report Object on an existing Report Data window. When ever I try to do this the system crushes. I also tried to copy an existing sub-report object from another datawindow. In this case the system does not crush, but all columns on the main datawindow, having a ddlb edit style, loose the ddlb information. (Even if you define them again, when you close & reopen the datawindwo, they are gone)! Any help appreciated Thanks In Advance Stelios ...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

A nested report on a datawindow
I want to get the name of the nested report on a datawindow. With the following code (works it) : string ls_dataobject ls_dataobject = idw.object.dw_report.dataobject ("idw" is a datawindow and "dw_report" is the name of the nested report) But what do I have to do when the name of mine nested report is stored in a string? Maybe, something like this: Ex: string ls_name = "dw_report" string ls_dataobject ls_dataobject = idw.object.(the value of ls_name).dataobject Any ideas, Thank you! Sandra Dot notation doesn't let you ...

nested report in datawindow
I would like to have a nested report in the trailer of a group on my datawindow. the problem is I don't know how big the nested report will be and there isn't a autosize on trailer bands. Can anyone help me with how to do this?? thanks. no, it doesn't do it for you, I suggest if the database support, try to use store procedure to group data for display instead of using nested report! Carol wrote in message ... >I would like to have a nested report in the trailer of a group on my >datawindow. the problem is I don't know how big the nested report will be &...

Datawindow nested reports
Nested reports problem. You can name them in the painter during development, but not at run time when added using create( ). Problem is there is no way to do a GetChild( ) for run time added nested reports. How else are you to manipulate and share data to a nested report on a composite datawindow? ...

Rows in Nested Report
Message en plusieurs parties et au format MIME. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BE8749.6F27E340 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, =20 I would like to know if I have one or more retrieved rows in a Nested Report : =20 =20 Any la_tmp DataStore lds .... =20 // "report" is a Nested Report in lds la_tmp =3D lds.object.report // always OK la_tmp =3D lds.object.report[1] // always OK la_tmp =3D lds.object.report[1].object.data // only correct...

datawindow nested reports
I have a nested report containing reports and a nested report. The reports are printed directly after each other, for the first report of the nested report a page break is taken. I can't find why. What are the parameters in a nested report to take a new page for a new report-part? And where can i set these parameters ? Joeri Schepers. icdev.gent@securex.be ...

Nested datawindow reports
Is there a way to retreive a nested report using code without have to retrieve the parent datawindow? Is this a DataWindow.Net question? On 21 Oct 2004 10:52:53 -0700, Anthony wrote: >Is there a way to retreive a nested report using code >without have to retrieve the parent datawindow? Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange: http://www.codexchange.sybase.com Pre...

Missing Header Report in nested reports
I have a datawindow with a nested report in the header and a nested report in the detail. The header report fails to appear after a page break in the detail. All the pages before the page break have the header. But the moment I get a page break, the subsequent pages fail to produce the header. Can somebody please help on this Page breaks in nested reports are notorious for resulting in odd behaviors. What version of PB are you using? The DW engine was rewritten in 10.0 and many of the odd behaviors have been corrected. One thing I've found is that sometimes just movin...

Getting rowcount from a nested nested report.
I have a Datawindow with a nested report dw_1. Within the nested report I have another nested report dw_2. How can I find the rowcount of dw_1 and dw_2. I am trying to see if any records are found if not I need to display a message stating now records found in dw_2. Any help would be great! Thanks, Tina ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp What if you put a static text "No Data Found" in the background layer, where it would not be seen unless there was no data to cover it up? Or maybe give it a vi...

composite reports compared to nested reports?
What is the difference and when should you use one over the other? I need to create reports with master/detail information and creating one reports with a nested report works fine. Is this considered good development? -- Thanks, Stephane Viau Ottawa, Canada A composite dw is just a holder for nested reports. It has no SQL. But you can define retrieval arguments for a composite dw which can then be linked (in the composite) to the retrieval arguments of the nested reports. But I recommend getting handles to the individual nested reports and retrieving them explicitly. R...

REPORTS
Hi all my question is if I can dinamically insert nested reports into an existing report if i have a report with the nested report d_nr1 and i have to use this depending on a retrieval argument once or more times... (up to 5 times)... do i have to build 5 different reports and then use report 1 if I have 1 retrieval argument and report 2 if I have 2 RA..?? or can I "insert" nested reports? ...

Saving output from a report with nested reports
Is there a way to save the output from a report with nested reports inside it as an ASCII file, or even as some kind of graphical file? I have only been able to save it as a PSR file. Margaret, PSR files is the only way I know of. However, since PSR files are native to PowerBuilder and InfoMaker, you'll need either one to work with them, or a small PB app, that allows users to view and manipulate PSR files. You can also dynamically read in PSR files to a DataWindow control at run-time, by doing the following: dw_1.DataObject = "C:\myfile.psr" hth, Tony Peru...

PowerSoft Report and nested sub-report
I have an application including pre programmed reports. I want my customers to be able to develop their own. I use Infomaker for that, and save the report in PSR format. There is a fonctionality in my aplication where the user can substitute a standard report with its own report. It works well, as far as there is no nested report included in the PSR report. I have seen in the doc that some 'precautions' should be taken to do that, but did not realy understood what it means, and what I should do to have it work. I would appreciate some help on that. Thanks in advance. ...

Nested reports vs. composite report
Quick question: What is the difference between using nested reports in a report or creating a composite report, using these same reports? What the pluses/minuses of either approach? They're totally different things. A composite report is made up of a number of independent reports. There is no driving report. That's the big difference with a nested report. There you have a main report and it passes data from the rows retrieved to the nested report(s). So the result of the nested report(s) is driven by what the main report is doing. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) ...

Report margins & nested reports
I have 2 nested reports I want to display side by side on the master report. I have the master report set as landscape and all the data from both nesteds display on the one page. In addition, the edges of the report properties are well within the margins for the master report. However, I am still getting a second blank horizontal page. How do I prevent the second horizontal page from printing? I am using IM 8.0. I believe when we were on 6.5 I could reduce the report margins on the preview painter by clicking on the blue line representing the margin and reducing it to just fit th...

Web resources about - Nested Report (is a row in a nested report) - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Nested stack automaton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Like a stack automaton , a nested stack automaton may step up or down in the stack, and read the current symbol; in addition, it may at any place ...

A nested 360° VR immersion at #TED2016. Video from within:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP3GaZipaQc&feature=youtu.be ...
jurvetson posted a photo: With cardboard viewers festooned with JR's street art eyes. Around a minute 20, we arrive on a helicopter hovering ...

How To Create Nested Folders On iOS 8 (iPhone 6 & Below) - YouTube
Create Nested Folders and hide apps on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus w/ iOS 8 and below! iOS 8 Glitch allows for nested folders on iPhone 6 and lower. ...

How to create nested folders in iOS 8
... 8 (because there are a lot of them). Nesting folders on iOS 8 is easy to do and completely reversible… At this moment, we’ve test the nested ...

Video: How To Create Nested Folders In iOS 7.1
Thanks to this handy glitch, you can now create nested folders in iOS 7.1.

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565 introduces support for nested virtualization
... its Windows-as-a-service strategy, employing the help of Windows Insiders to test all the major changes. One such change is support for nested ...

Shakshuka: Eggs Nested in Spicy Tomato Sauce
... sauce that adds a punch of taste along with its burn. It's a fiery way to wake up! Genie] A recipe for Shakshuka (shakshouka), or eggs nested ...

Gmail Adds Nested Labels and Message Preview
... Folders4Gmail and Mihai Parparita's Conversation Preview , two scripts with similar functionality to the new Gmail Labs experiments. Nested ...

Recapitulation in Nested Evolutionary Dynamics
... …The cosmos is "selfishly" focused upon the overarching objective of achieving its own replication.” Gardner concludes with another nested spiral ...

nested baker set
... want to serve it in, which for me tends to be something simple and ceramic. Judy Jackson is one of my favorite ceramicists, and these new nested ...