Need to add computed columns at runtime

Hi all,
i hv this peculiar report which cannot be done thru crosstab , so i need to add
some computed columns that is non database column n not computed fields ( just
being precise), to the report...
can anyone help me with it ...
Thanks in advance

Nihal singh
Nihal

the trick I'm using is include in the SQL Syntaxt the columns I want to add
at runtime.
I.e. do "select col1, col2, col3, 0, 0.00, ' ' from ....."
if you want to add a integer, decimal and string column at the runtime.
good luck
rafael

"Nihal singh " <nimzs@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> i hv this peculiar report which cannot be done thru crosstab , so i need
to add
> some computed columns that is non database column n not computed fields
( just
> being precise), to the report...
> can anyone help me with it ...
> Thanks in advance
>

> Nihal singh

Rafael

Add a column to the datawindow at runtime

Is it possible to add a column to an external datawindow at runtime...?
Hi All, Is it possible to dynamically add a new column to an external datawindow at runtime...? Thanks in advance for your response. Jein. Yes, but it's ugly. As I recall, you have to replace the DataWindow.Table attribute as a whole to make a place in the buffer, as well as adding the visible attributes of the column and any label. Look at an export of an existing DW to see what you need to do. Jeinutheen Mohamed wrote in message <42F0VrIdCHA.278@forums.sybase.com>... >Hi All, > >Is it possible to dynamically add a new column to an external data...

How to add a column during runtime?
I have a need to issue a change to the database - add a column to a table dynamically. This has to be done during the PB runtime (v5) via a powerscript to a SSA runtime (v5). What's the best way? TIA, YA In article <35FD5F35.1EC1@compuserve.com>, 73313.165@compuserve.com says... > I have a need to issue a change to the database - add a column to a > table dynamically. This has to be done during the PB runtime (v5) via a > powerscript to a SSA runtime (v5). What's the best way? > TIA, > YA > If your transaction object is maintaining a connection...

Computed Column in a Datawindow
Should'nt you be able to put a ~t(tab) into a computed column? ie code + '~t' + description. I am using PB version 6.5. I know its an old version but the company I work for does not want to upgrade. No, only ~r and ~n are supported. That hasn't changed with newer versions of PB. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. SDN: http://www.sybase.com/developer/ "Joe Dean" <bigjoed@sprintmail.com> wrote in message news:$x7R1FgeCHA.292@forums.sybase.com... > Should'nt you be able to put a ~t(tab) into...

Datawindow add a column

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

hi i need a add a column called client Id and i need to make it enable when the EPAGE Settings are tuned on ????i am not able to understand any thing
Hi sairohan, Your question is hard to understand, please describe it in detail. Just guess you need a column "clientID" which can be editable and set paging in GridView, right? If so, you can add TextBox in TemplateField with setting Text='<%# Bind("clientID") %>', and also set AllowPaging="true" in GridView. Thanks,Qin Dian TangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help....

Add LinkButton Column on runtime
How can I add a Linkbutton Column into a datagrid on runtime??? Not on design time but on runtime... Dim col As New ButtonColumn col.ButtonType = ButtonColumnType.LinkButton MyDataGrid.Columns.Add(col) Bug [MCSD] I think I need to add the column into a Dataset should i say dataset1.Tables(0).Add(......?.......) Moiz This is my code below, I am trying to get a value dr.getvalue(0) and place it in a Column called LinkButton which I set as a ButtonColumn. The value is being displayed on the grid but doesnt showup as a linkbutton, it shows up...

computed column in detail datawindow
Hi, I have created a computed column MinDif in the detail of a datawindow. How can i call this object in powerscript to get the value? Greetings like every ordinary column with the appropriate getItemXXX() function. Chris Werner "Deef" <koinova@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3fa7b47e$1@forums-2-dub... > Hi, > > I have created a computed column MinDif in the detail of a datawindow. > > How can i call this object in powerscript to get the value? > > Greetings > > On 4 Nov 2003 06:10:26 -0800, Deef wrote: ...

Add columns to datagrid in runtime
I am having a problem of adding a multiple templete columns to a datagrid. What i want to do is that whenever the user clicks a button a new templete column similar to the one in the exixting datagrid is added to that datagrid in rumtime. I am using th code Private Sub Button2_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button2.Click Dim st As String Dim col As New TemplateColumn dt = Session("state") col = New TemplateColumn col = DataGrid1.Columns.Item(3) DataGrid1.Columns.AddAt(dt.Columns.Count - 2, co...

How to add columns in crosstab datawindow
PB 9.0 SQL Server 200 TIA ...

Need Help With Computed Column
--------------9CD2CB5C2711805170A52CCE Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'm having a problem with computed fields. What I essentially need is a where clause in my conditional expression. I have a field 'balance_type' that can contain values of either 'm' or 'c'. Based upon the value of the balance type, the numeric value in the 'recharged' column will go into one of two buckets (i.e. computed columns) stored in the summary band. What expression do I need to write for the two buckets to get them to su...

Oracle computed column and a datawindow
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01BCD04D.8A25BF00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am having a problem using a computed column in my datawindow SQL select. My database is Oracle V8. We are using the PB Oracle V7.3 native drivers. I am using the following query as my datasource for a datawindow: select cust_id, cust_name, 1 cust_flag from customer The cust_flag computed column is used for a checkbox in the datawindow. I have set the on value of the checkbox to 1 and the off value of the checkbox t...

add dynamicaly column to datawindow
Hi all. PB7 ans ASA 6.0 I have a datawindow with some columns. For any reasons I want to add two additional columns (f.e. before printing) and set various propertis. How can I do it? Thanks a lot. Adam. dw.Modify ( 'Create yada yada yada' ) On Thu, 27 Jul 2000 19:09:39 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow Adam Polech <poladam1@poczta.onet.pl> wrote: >Hi all. >PB7 ans ASA 6.0 > >I have a datawindow with some columns. >For any reasons I want to add two additional columns (f.e. before printing) >and set various p...

Web resources about - Need to add computed columns at runtime - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Single-photon emission computed tomography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
However, it is able to provide true 3D information. This information is typically presented as cross-sectional slices through the patient, but ...

For Jacki Weaver, 'Silver Linings Playbook' finally computed
Jacki Weaver of 'Silver Linings Playbook' says it was a thrill to work with Robert De Niro in David O. Russell's quirky film.

A Lion Goes Undergoes Computed Tomography Because Even Big Cats Need a CAT Scan Every Once in a While ...
... The Leibniz Institute for Zoo & Wildlife Research (IZW) in Berlin, Germany, today inaugurates the world’s most advanced state-of-the art computed ...

The guy who found Waldo computed the longest American road trip
... Olson, a doctoral student at Michigan State, and asked him to compute one of the most complicated road trips ever. (Olson previously computed ...

Discovering How Greeks Computed in 100 B.C.
The Antikythera Mechanism organized the ancient Greek calendar in the cycles of the Olympiad, researchers say.

Technique using computed tomography associated with improved detection of lymph node metastasis in patients ...
Preoperative 3-dimensional visualization of sentinel lymph nodes (SLNs) with a technique known as single-photon emission computed tomography/computed ...

Chromatin Conformation Computed
By manipulating DNA sequences that guide genome-folding, researchers confirm an existing model of chromatin structure inside the nucleus.

Researchers use computed microtomography to identify well preserved fossil arthropod
Ludwig Maximilian University researchers have used computed microtomography (micro-CT) to identify to the species level an exceptionally wellpreserved ...

Endocranial features of Australopithecus africanus revealed by 2- and 3-D computed tomography
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Washington University Medical School, St. Louis, MO 63110. The earliest hominid from South Africa, Australopithecus ...