Need help w.r.t Rich Text DataWindow control

Hi everybody,

Iam using PB 8.0.3 for my application and iam developing an application using
Rich Text DataWindow control,
to show my rich text data with color features.

I have to show the data in rich text datawindow control with color features,
still i need to read the rich text data in normal format through coding and do
some manipulation.

Example:
suppose my rtf text data for one of the column be
"\rtf1\ansi\deff0{\fonttb1{\f0TIMES NEW ROMAN;}}\F0\FS60 Hellow, World! }"

but i want to read in the script( window script ) for that column as
"Hellow, World!"

Can we read the data in rich text format in the normal form,
from a column in the rich text datawindow.
Is this possible through Computed field ?  .

Please, suggest me any optimised solution as i have to do this process for many
number of rows.

ranjit

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

I need help, Error in datawindow control
Hi All, PowerBuilder 5 and SQL Server 7.0 I have an error '999 select error, SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC driver manager] Program type out of range' in datawindow control in dberror event when I run it in database SQL Server 7.0. I didn't have any error while I was in database SQL Server 6.5 with the same program. But this error not happening at all workstation, all workstation connect to the same database SQL Server 7.0. The dataype exactly the same after migrating. And while I tried to run in PB5 with the database Engine SQL sybase Anywhere was active that&#...

Help! How do you link differents datawindow objects to a datawindow control during runtime?
I am developing a system in which I need to link a Datawindow control with differents Datawindow objects in runtime.Therefore, I set the Datawindow control property DATAOBJECT with the value of the datawindow object I want (dw_1.dataobject = "dw_object1"), and then I change it with other values during execution, doing dw_1.dataobject = "dw_object2" in the script (of course then I do dw_1.settransobject(transaction_object)...). When I run the system into PowerBuilder's environment (with the Run painter), THE SYSTEM WORKS. I made the executable without probl...

Help needed with Rich Text Edit control
I am relatively new to PowerBuilder. I am having a problem using the Rich Text Edit Control. I have a Rich Text data window that retrieves data behind the scenes. I am interfacing to it with a Datastore. I do not like the default behavior of the Rich Text Edit Control which is to have text which is updateable within a "field" and also allows you to enter text that is outside that field. The problem with this is that if the user types something and it happens to be outside the field in question, then when they go to save the data, what they typed outside the field will ...

Help needed with Rich Text Edit Control
I am relatively new to PowerBuilder. I am having a problem using the Rich Text Edit Control. I have a Rich Text data window that retrieves data behind the scenes. I am interfacing to it with a Datastore. I do not like the default behavior of the Rich Text Edit Control which is to have text which is updateable within a "field" and also allows you to enter text that is outside that field. The problem with this is that if the user types something and it happens to be outside the field in question, then when they go to save the data, what they typed outside the field will no...

[...]

Help: PowerBuilder 7.0 DataWindow control
How do you install the DataWindows Control (ActiveX) to a client through Internet? I've read through the documentation but can't fin ANY information about this and how to build a simple web based Datawindow application that access an ODBC database on the server side using IIS.... Please help... I got it working, its great. There are doc's available on sdn, thats where I got the instructions on how to do it. I'm using IIS / mts w/ Windows2000 and Microsoft Access as the back end. Jay Shohet "Jonas Falck" <jonas@skal.net> wrote in message...

Why does an rich text datawindow print after another datawindow even when sent to the printer first?
I am opening a print job with PrintOpen(), and then printing 3 datawindows with PrintDatawindow. The first is a regular datawindow, the second is a richtext datawindow and the third is a regular datawindow. The rich text datawindow always gets printed last. Has anyone else run across this? Is there anything I can do? ...

Help needed with Rich Text Edit control #2
[...]

Need help on how to truncate the displaying of text in a drop down datawindow
Hi, I am working on PB ver 7.0 and i am deploying my application to the web.I am facing the following problem.There is a drop down datawindow which displays data for a column type.The data in the column goes down to two lines and this results in overlapping. I tried changing the various attributes of the column ,but it continues to overlap .I would like to know is there anyway by which i can display the first line only and not the second line from displaying. do reply back to my email address(srikanthg@accint.com) thanking you in anticipation of your response. With regards M...

Help needed with Rich Text Edit control #2
I am relatively new to PowerBuilder. I am having a problem using the Rich Text Edit Control. I have a Rich Text data window that retrieves data behind the scenes. I am interfacing to it with a Datastore. I do not like the default behavior of the Rich Text Edit Control which is to have text which is updateable within a "field" and also allows you to enter text that is outside that field. The problem with this is that if the user types something and it happens to be outside the field in question, then when they go to save the data, what they typed outside the field will ...

Web resources about - Need help w.r.t Rich Text DataWindow control - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo