Native database driver for MS SQL 7.0 with PB 6.5

Where can I download the native database driver for MS SQL 7.0. I'm
currently using PB 6.5.

TIA,
Toms

-1
Toms

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000 23:07:12 +0700, "Toms" <t0ms@iname.com> wrote:

>Where can I download the native database driver for MS SQL 7.0. I'm
>currently using PB 6.5.

Microsoft wants everyone to use ODBC and they no longer recommend or
support native connectivity for 7.0.  You can still safely use the MSS
6.5 native driver from PB, but you will not be able to take advantage
of some MS SQL Server 7.0 features.

--
  Boris Gasin [TeamSybase]
  mailto:bgasin@dynamictechgroup.com

  Vote for your favorite tools!
  http://www.sys-con.com/java/readerschoice2000/

 Mine are:
   - Sybase Enterprise Application Server
   - PowerJ
   - Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere
   - Power Designer V7
-1
Boris

How do i upgrade PowerBuilder 5.0's native driver for MS SQL Server 6.5?
If you have the 5.0.04 patches, you have the latest stuff that I know of. Tech Support might have something as a private EBF, but you would have to contact them directly to determine that. Are you having a particular problem with the drivers you have now? On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:38:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database A-B-C <a-b-c@163.net> wrote: > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com | http://www.romac-sou...

Native Database Interface for MS SQL Server 7.0 and InfoMaker 6.5
Does anyone know if there is a Native Database Interface for MS SQL Server 7.0 and InfoMaker 6.5? My installation has a Native Database Driver for MS SQL Server 6.x. I have looked all over the Sybase site for a possible download and cannot find it. I downloaded the IM6532.exe maintainence release and did not find it in there. Rich Edwards There is no native driver for MSSQL7 in IM6.x. Use the 6 driver. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/s...

MS SQL 6.5 Unable to connect to database PB 7.0 Enterprise
I am having an intermittent problem when many users attempt to run my PowerBuilder application written in PowerBuilder 7.0 Enterprise running on Windows 98 workstations accessing a MS SQL 6.5 database. The connection to the database is through the Powerbuilder native driver interface (PBMSS70.DLL). When the number of users reach a certain point and a new user attempts to run the program, the user is presented the ODBC Data Sources program. (The one the can be accessed through the Control Panel.) When the user exits the Data Sources program, PowerBuilder issues an error message: ...

Crystal Reports
We had migrated from PB 6.0 to Power builder 6.5.1. On back-end side we had migrated from MS SQL Server 6.5 to 7 We found that datawindows are not working when we use ODBC connection between PB6.5.1 and SQL Server 7.Native driver connection solved this problem. But we are also using Crystal Report 4.6.1 for some of the reports. I am accessing the crystal report using OLE/OCX control. Previously Iam using the connect property of Crystal report to connect to database at runtime. The syntax is as below: Ole_1.Object.connect = "DSN=myconnect;UID=myuser;PWD=12345;DSQ=ABCDB;&qu...

PB 5 & 6.5 w/ MS SQL 7.0
Can anyone speak to any compatibility problems w/ using PB 5 & 6.5 w/ Microsoft SQL Server 7.0? We are planning on upgrading to SQL 7.0, but have a few apps in both PB6.5 & PB5. Unfortunately, one of these is vendor supplied so we can't upgrade to PB7. I was specifically wondering if there were any problems using native SQL 7.0 drivers w/ the PB6.5 & 5 dlls (that were made before SQL 7.0 was a reality.) Or are there updated drivers for this? any help/experiences offered would be appreciated. thanks!! -- Travis Hettenbach hettenb@kochind.com Me too have th...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

PB 6.5, MS SQL Server 7.0 and MS Access 97
Since we installed MS SQL Server 7.0 (which updated our Data Access Drivers), we are no longer able to reference Access 97 from PowerBuilder. I get an error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range Any idea what might be going on? Thanks, Cliff Different ODBC drivers are not compatible. There is an updated ODBC patch for PB 6.5 on the SDN, that might solve your problem. Else you'll probably have to reinstall Access 97 (and risk braking SQL Server 7). -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Cliff Koehler wrote in message <3Cb...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

PB 6.51 -> MS SQL Server 6.5/7.0 DBProcess Dead
I have an app that is connecting two servers and doing data movement back and forth between the two. I am getting a DBProcess is dead message. Any suggestions. I have noticed that the machines are on the same hub but have wildly different TCP/IP addresses ( one is something like 170.1... the other 50.29... ). Any suggestions on things to look for? I am pretty sure it's network problems but I don't know what to look for. P.S. - It's the first install at a customer site were trying to do so any help would be appreciated ASAP!!!! Thanks again! ...

PB 6.5/7.0 to SQL Server 7.0
Hi everybody, I hope someboby can help me. 1. What do i have to do to connect SQL Server 7.0 using PB6.5 with native=20 drivers? 2. I have so many problems using PB7.0 and SQL Server 7.0, in fact i can=B4= t=20 use it due to: - The connection through native drivers is too slow, and almost impossible = using more than one transcction object. - It's very often to get Dr. Watson messages that close everything, so that= =20 i can't develop. Thanks in advanced. Ulises Gomez RCI Mexico ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com 1. Upgrade to 6.5.1 2. Which version/build of PB7?...

Web resources about - Native database driver for MS SQL 7.0 with PB 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Dodgy database exposes details of 191 million US voters
... years, there's a high chance that your personal details are now out in the wild. Security researcher Chris Vickery found a misconfigured database ...

3.3 million Hello Kitty fans' details have been exposed in a huge database leak
... week after week, the hacks, breaches and data leaks continue to roll in. The latest victim? Hello Kitty. CSO Online is reporting that a database ...

Database configuration issues expose 191 million voter records
A misconfigured database has led to the disclosure of 191 million voter records. The database, discovered by researcher Chris Vickery, doesn't ...

Botched database leaks records for 191 million voters
... sometime this century? If so, your personal info may be out in the open. Researcher Chris Vickery has discovered that a badly configured database ...

191 Million US Voter Registration Records Leaked In Mystery Database
A huge database of 191 million US citizens is uncovered. But no one knows who carelessly left it open, whilst the FBI have been contacted.

Database Leak Exposes 3.3 Million 'Hello Kitty' Fans
... was accessible. Vickery told Reuters by e-mail that the company had plugged the holes he had found in three servers. But he said the database ...