Multiline editing problems in DW edit control on Tabpage

Hi,

I have a text column in a datawindow that is used for data entry. It behaves
like a multiline edit control except that when the user hits the "enter" key the
cursor does not move to a new line. Since the entries need to be in paragraph
form, this is a problem. Cutting and pasting documents from email or a word
processor works just fine. Any ideas on how to get the column to allow carriage
returns?

TIA,

Jim
Jim

checkout KeyDown event.

"Jim" <Jeem62@aol.com> wrote in message news:#euD9Rg#CHA.267@forums-1-dub...
> Hi,
>
> I have a text column in a datawindow that is used for data entry. It
behaves
> like a multiline edit control except that when the user hits the "enter"
key the
> cursor does not move to a new line. Since the entries need to be in
paragraph
> form, this is a problem. Cutting and pasting documents from email or a
word
> processor works just fine. Any ideas on how to get the column to allow
carriage
> returns?
>
> TIA,
>
> Jim

DL

To edit or no to edit
Jon, Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like I wrote utterly crap?-) -- Pieter "Linux is like living in a teepee. No Windows, no Gates, Apache in house." -- Usenet signature Pieter Zijlstra wrote: > Jon, > > Can I edit, whatever I've written so far, so that it doesn't look like > I wrote utterly crap?-) Oh boy, the edit button vanished from the web-forum ... ;-) -- Pieter "Humor is also a way of saying something serious." -- T. S. Eliot (1888 - 1965) Pieter Zijlstra wrote: ...

webdatawindow multiline edit control problem!
Hi all I have a webdatawindow and a column object that I want to use it for typing any notes (I mean that column object is a multiline edit type) I want to set some messages on that column after user adding a new row but I have some problem to set this multiline message to column because it includes "enter" character in it. I have used a string variable like below to set column but webdw control doesnt know "enter" character code I think the problem just about web datawindow. How can I prevent this problem... examples I tried: dim str as string = "some ...

Editable/Not Editable
Hello All, I have some webform(.aspx page) in which i have some controls (for input) and i would like to make that screen editable/not editable based on some condition. how can i do that.  the whole intent is user can read the information but can't change.  shiva kumar If you want to make the controls editable/non-editable, you can set their ReadOnly property to true or false accordingly. What exactly do you imply by making the screen editable/non-editable?Thanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! i mean to say i would like to show the current values but user should not mod...

Edit but no edit

IWDBEdit control set to IWDBGridColumn.Control not editable [Edit]
Hi folks. I'm relatively new to IntraWeb and am having trouble with my application. It is a simple app that is supposed to show a list of user accounts in a grid and allow the user to edit data in the accounts. I have a TADOQuery connecting to MS SQL, with 'Select * from UserAccounts' as the sql text. I have a TDataSource with the Dataset property pointing to my TADOQuery object. Both of these objects exist as part of the UserSession. On my main form, I have an IWDBGrid, IWDBNavigator, and an IWDBEdit control. They are all hooked up to the TDatasource in the UserSessi...

gridview edit problem on edited datatable
my GridView's datasource is SqlDataSource but i need  assign DataTable to SqlDatasource ( for gridviews edit property). like that : datatable dt = new ... sqldatasource1.datasource = dt;   could anyone help me?? t A SqlDataSource is a DataSource itself. You cannot assign a DataSource to it. A SqlDataSource generates a DataSource.Thanks, EdMicrosoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET...

Re: IdSNMP problem [Edit] [Edit]
Hi miro miro mirorowy wrote: > hi ! > i wanna change in arp tabel ip on static not dynamic and i try and try and not work ;/ please help ! my code under : > > IdSNMP1->Community = "private"; > IdSNMP1->Host = "192.168.1.1"; > IdSNMP1->Query->Clear(); > IdSNMP1->Query->PDUType = PDUSetRequest; > IdSNMP1->Query->MIBAdd("1.3.6.1.2.1.4.22.1.4.4.192.168.1.2",'4',ASN1_INT); > > so many view and nothnig ? Because You are in the wrong newsgroup, this grup is for questions about the C++ lan...

Edit control is not loaded in edit mode
I have a problem that the dynamic data field edit control (such as TEXT_edit.ascx) is not loaded when in edit mode. Instead, the normal view control is loaded (such as Text.ascx). In debug I can determina the page mode is truly edit mode. Please help! Could you provide some more context: is this in a custom page with a custom column set or one of the default scaffold pages? Are you using a UIHintAttribute? Make sure the names of the display and edit versions match.Marcin DoboszSDE, ASP.NET Team, MicrosoftRead my blog This is just a thought are you using Views rather than ...

multiline edit control
I have a multi line edit control. I populate it with 5 lines of text: w_emp w_data w_time w_sales w_products is there a way to force (in script) so that the insertion point would be on another line, say line 4? or how would i be able to select each line of text one by one and store it in an array? thanks. ps. i am using PB9 I am somewhat new to PowerBuilder, so this may not be the best way, but it worked for me in a recent app I built. It will put all lines into an array, ls_text. Char lch_text[] Integer i, j String ls_text[] lch_text = mle_1.Text j = 1 ...

Multiline edit problem...
Hi! I need to print the mutiline edit, line by line. What is te API call to position the cursor at the beginning of the line in a mutiline edit. I also need to know how do I place the cursor to the first line in the multi line edit. The code below works fine for the Windows 95/98 however the code does not work for Windows NT! for(...) newpos = Send (Handle (mle_notepad), 1035, li_lines, 0) next Thanks Hims The SelectText native PB function can be used to set the cursor position within the MLE, just use 0 for the length argument. You'll have to figure out what to p...

Multiline Edit Control
How can I move or set the insertion point of a mle control? If I determine the number of lines using mle.LineCount() and want to move to the second, fifth or after the last line - how would I be able to do that? Thanks in advance. mle_1.Scroll(1) mle_1.scroll(mle_1.lineCount()) Yes - look at the SelectText() function -- All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of my employer <Gerry> wrote in message news:E1A11C3D212E9EE8003F80CC85256B9F.003F80E485256B9F@webforums... > How can I move or set the insertion point of a mle control? ...

Edit Control over the Datawindow
Is there a way of modifying the edit control that is used when editing a DW. I want to create a User Object edit control that handles reading in special barcodes and then have that object be used for the edit control over the DW. I checked the documentation on Datawindow Control Objects and found ways of getting at information in the edit control, but I did not notice any way of getting the control itself. Is this possible? Hi, AFAIK, it is not possible to get to the editcontrol itself. In your case, I would popup a SLE or something and pump the result to the datawindow or som...

Multiline Edit Control
On one of our windows, we have an MLE control inherited from u_mle. The ib_rmbmenu = TRUE, but still the right click mouse button does not bring the popup menu. Any idea? Thanks a lot. Igor. Is this a migrated app? > On one of our windows, we have an MLE control inherited > from u_mle. The ib_rmbmenu = TRUE, but still the right > click mouse button does not bring the popup menu. Any > idea? > > Thanks a lot. > Igor. > > Yes, we migrated our app from PB7 to PB9. It works fine in PB7. <Philip Salgannik> wrote in message news:40d06c48.3d...

Multiline edit problem
HI, I am using PB 7.0. The multiline edit control allows adding multiple lines by pressing enter in design environment (by running Pbls), but does not allow it on running the pbds. Help. Thanks in advance. Chandresh On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:04:04 -0500, cd wrote: >HI, > >I am using PB 7.0. The multiline edit control allows adding multiple lines >by pressing enter in design environment (by running Pbls), but does not >allow it on running the pbds. Chandresh, Is this a separate MLE control or a column within a datawindow? -- Boris Gasin [Team...

Web resources about - Multiline editing problems in DW edit control on Tabpage - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

NestaDB for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about NestaDB on the App Store. Download NestaDB and enjoy it on your iPhone, ...

Open Directory - Business: Telecommunications: Equipment: Business Systems
... companies that primarily repair & refurbish telecommunications equipment for other companies or individuals. This equipment includes multiline ...

Wikipedia:AutoWikiBrowser/User manual - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
/u int - /u loads a specified (either by user name or by its number in the list of profiles) user profile, and logs into it. Profile must exist, ...

Windows 7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
less than three years after the release of its predecessor, Windows Vista . Windows 7's server counterpart, Windows Server 2008 R2 , was released ...

NEC PBX & Telephone Systems For Small Business Sydney
The NEC Xen Axis/Master telephone system has been discontinued. We continue to provide spare parts and support for this system through our offices ...

Surperformance© ratings
Live market prices from All Stock Exchange. Stock market advice and financial information for active investors. Real-time recommendation leader. ...

ACE Group - A Leading Global Insurance Organization
... is one of the world's leading global commercial property and casualty insurance organizations The ACE Group is one of the world’s largest multiline ...

Upcoming Adobe Reader Update for iOS and Android
Engineering blog for Adobe Reader on mobile platforms

Aite Group Latest Research
... a Member BLOG Home > Press > Press Releases News from Aite Group, LLC Toggle Advanced Search Claims Management Systems for Top-Tier and Multiline ...

Price Drop: Goal ToDo
... categories support.• Calendar and List double Views, both with swap function • Customizable List swapping view• Quick Add Task Entry with multiline ...