MS SqlServer-connection via ODBC

Hi there
When retrieving data with some arguments I get a crash accompanied with
SqlState 22005.
Datasource is a stored procedure implemented in a datawindow.
This appears only in the application, same retrieve from PB databasepainter
goes successfully.
When debugging the code, I can see that my variable-arguments are nice and
neat just before
the retrieve-statement. In the sqlpreview-event , where the crash appears,
my arguments are
changed to quotation-marks and this is of course the reason for the crash.
But why are they changed?
In the appl. I changed variable-arguments to constant-arguments with same
result = crash.
In some manner ODBC is involved in this problem, when connected via
DB-library no problem what so ever.
Anyone ho has experinced the same problem, I would like to hear from you..

Uncle Bengt
PS This is my connection-string:
SQLCA.DBParm =
"ConnectString='DSN=UTV_ODBC;UID=support;PWD=polwin',OJSyntax='ANSI',CallEsc
ape='No',PBCatalogOwner='dbo',DelimitIdentifier='No'"
DS

0
Bengt

First off you just published your password , assuming that the vars in the
odbc string is your password and userid. if your system(s) is always
connected to the internet I would change it right now! or disable the user
id.
Second , why are you not using the MS sql server drivers. I've always had
trouble with ODBC driver, and little or no trouble with native drivers. the
MS driver come with PB and ms SQL server, the PB driver have always worked
for me. I have found that ODBC has cause the errors your having.

HTH.

"Bengt �str�m" <nospam@nowhere.se> wrote in message
> Hi there
> When retrieving data with some arguments I get a crash accompanied with
> SqlState 22005.
> Datasource is a stored procedure implemented in a datawindow.
> This appears only in the application, same retrieve from PB
databasepainter
> goes successfully.
> When debugging the code, I can see that my variable-arguments are nice and
> neat just before
> the retrieve-statement. In the sqlpreview-event , where the crash appears,
> my arguments are
> changed to quotation-marks and this is of course the reason for the crash.
> But why are they changed?
> In the appl. I changed variable-arguments to constant-arguments with same
> result = crash.
> In some manner ODBC is involved in this problem, when connected via
> DB-library no problem what so ever.
> Anyone ho has experinced the same problem, I would like to hear from you..
>
> Uncle Bengt
> PS This is my connection-string:
> SQLCA.DBParm =

"ConnectString='DSN=UTV_ODBC;UID=support;PWD=polwin',OJSyntax='ANSI',CallEsc
> ape='No',PBCatalogOwner='dbo',DelimitIdentifier='No'"
> DS

0
Tim

MS SqlServer connected via ODBC
Hello out there, Anyone experienced whit that connection? If so, I'm interested to get an advice from you. The problem is that I can't get my dw-retrieval's with args work from appl. They work fine without args as well as RPC-calls with and without args. DW-retrieval's from DB-painter work also fine with and without args. In appl. I tried to change vars to constants with no success. Here's the message:[Microsoft][ODBC Sql Server Driver]Invalid character value for cast specifikation. There's a company decision to change from DB-Library to ODBC due to obsolete f...

Connecting to Access from Powerbuilder via ODBC
I am unable to connect to my Access 97 database from Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger] Program type out of range Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent Vu vuv@gte.net I have the same problem to connect MS Access 2000 by using PowerBuilder 6.5. Do you have any solution to help me? if you have any solution please send e-mail to me. Thanks, E-mail: thomas_chow@wkk.com.hk ...

Connecting to MS AccessDB via ODBC
I want to get a connection to a MS Access DB via MS Access ODBC Driver 4.0xxx. Transaction and queries work fine when testing them. Creating a dw in DWB 6.5 brings in the SQL-Window the error from ODBC S1003(program type out of range). Any suggestions about this? (sorry if you find this posted also in the powersoft datawindow newsgroup). Thanks Bernhard Giesriegl ...

Connecting to MS AccessDB via ODBC
I want to get a connection to a MS Access DB via MS Access ODBC Driver 4.0xxx. Transaction and queries work fine when testing them. Creating a dw in DWB 6.5 brings in the SQL-Window the error from ODBC S1003(program type out of range). Any suggestions about this? (sorry if you find this posted also in the powersoft datawindow newsgroup). Thanks Bernhard Giesriegl ...

Connect to Access with Powerbuilder via ODBC
I'm unable to connect to my Access 97 database using Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE: S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger]Program type out of range. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent vuv@gte.net ...

ORACLE procedures, PowerBuilder and connection via ODBC
Hi! My problem is: I have a procedure on ORACLE database: create procedure (as_name IN VARCHAR2, al_id IN OUT INTEGER); begin .... end; and I am connecting to ORACLE via ODBC. How can I execute such a procedure from Powerbuilder. I have tried to do this in all possible manners described in the documentation (RPCFUN, Declare, PBDBMS), but I have failed. There is always an error from database. I have succeded to execute this procedure when I was connecting via Native Driver, but I cannot use Nat...

Connecting EAServer to MS SQLServer via JDBC
I am having trouble creating an EAServer Connection Cache to MS SQLServer 2000 via JDBC I have tried with the Microsoft driver com.microsoft.jdbcx.sqlserver.SQLServerDataSource. This doesn't work with the Server Name jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://txt_test:1053 giving the following exception when I Refresh the Connection Cache: Jan 27 10:07:38 2005: [0000001532] E 180438-Jaguar/Management refresh ConnCache member2 Jan 27 10:07:38 2005: [0010736847] I 010067-Cache Name: member2 Driver Class: com.microsoft.jdbcx.sq lserver.SQLServerDataSource Version info not available. Jan 27 ...

How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC?
Hi all I'm a newbie for PowerBuilder. I have some question. How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC? How can I use sql command (select, insert, etc) to Excel sheet? TIA >I'm a newbie for PowerBuilder. I have some question. >How PowerBuilder to connect to Microsoft Excel via ODBC? >How can I use sql command (select, insert, etc) to Excel sheet? >TIA It's been a while, but you need to install the odbc excel driver and then configure a datasource just like any other odbc datasource. You might check the faxback documents on the sybase web s...

Powerbuilder connection to MS Access using ODBC on XP
My Powerbuilder app currently connects correctly to an MS Access db to import data using ODBC on an NT platform. We are upgrading to XP and the connection fails. I get this error message : "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation" I think that it may need a .dll for XP in order to connect. Any help would be great. Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp It sounds like your ODBC drivers aren't registered with XP. Try doing the PB runtime installation again and make sure you setup th...

GPF when connecting to MS SQL6.5 via ODBC
I'm currently running into a GPF ( exception violation in PB050.exe ) when trying to connect to a MS SQL6.5 database via ODBC. I'm running NT4.0 SP3. I've tested the ODBC datasource using MS Access and I am successful. This leads me to believe the problem is Powerbuilder. I've also been successful in connecting to SQL Server using a different machine that is configured similarly. I'm not sure where to look. Has anyone else had similar problems? Oh, one other thing, the SQL Server ODBC driver version is 2.65.0201... Thanks for any help, Loren I forgot ...

How to connect to Ms Sqlserver 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
I want to connect to Ms Sqlserver 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5. Would you please tell me where I can download the native database driver? Thank you very much! Sincerely, Fang Jing fangjing@telekbird.com.cn I have not been able to find a native driver anywhere. We are having no real problems using the SQL 6.5 drivers with PB 6.5.1. You have to upgrade to PB 6.5.1 or there are some issues. (Like you can't paint a DW off of a stored proc) Hope this helps....Paul Fang Jing <fangjing@telekbird.com.cn> wrote in message news:tmKLHsSR$GA.289@forums.sybase.com... ...

Connecting PowerBuilder 7.0 to Oracle 8i via ODBC
Hi all, I am connecting a PowerBuilder 7.0 application to an Oracle 8i database via ODBC (driver version 8.01.61.00) in a client server system. The Oracle ODBC driver does retrieve the table information but not the columns. I get the message "Table 'xxxx' has no columns, possible invalid table format". If I use the native connection or the Microsoft ODBC driver instead, it seems to fix the problem. Using the Microsoft driver is not an option because of it not supporting BLOBs. Thanks in advance, Didier Latkowski ...

Powerbuilder connecting to Lotus Notes via the Notes ODBC Provider
Hi, I am a Developer on the Lotus NotesSQL team. NotesSQL is a 2.x ODBC driver for Lotus Notes. Recently, a customer reported a problem between Powerbuilder connecting to a Notes database via the Notes ODBC drivers (named NotesSQL, available at http://www.lotus.com/notessql). I had gotten an eval of Powerbuilder 7.0 (Version 7.0 Build 5031) from your website and tested the connection and saw the issue. The issue reported was that making a connection between Powerbuilder and the NotesSQL driver and putting the Username and Password in their respective fields in the database...

PB6.5 Connecting via ODBC to MS Access DB
I tried to connect to Access DB(created using access 2000 XP professional ) via ODBC in PB6.5. It connects successfully without any error messages but when i try to select table from the DB. PB6.5 prompt me the below error: SQLSTATE = S10003 [Micsoft ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of range My ODBC driver is ver 4.0 and OS is Win 2000 and Win98 How can i solve this problems??? You need to install PB651 and then of the last EBFs. PB6.5 doesn't know what to do with ODBC4. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post....

Web resources about - MS SqlServer-connection via ODBC - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow