MS odbc SQLserver driver error

Hi all,
I have problem with datawindow including subselect with retrieval argument.
Whenever I'm
connected using ODBC to MSSQL database, I get error message - SQLSTATE =
37000 -
syntax error or access violation. If I'm connected to MSSQL natively or
connected to any other
database through ODBC, it works fine. I have installed the newest MDAC -
2.7.
Is there any solution?

Thanks a lot
Jan Sejnoha

0
Jan

What is the specific query? This error usually is (90% of the time in my
experience) a syntax error.

/ck

"Jan Sejnoha" <jan.sejnoha@anet-brno.cz> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have problem with datawindow including subselect with retrieval
argument.
> Whenever I'm
> connected using ODBC to MSSQL database, I get error message - SQLSTATE =
> 37000 -
> syntax error or access violation. If I'm connected to MSSQL natively or
> connected to any other
> database through ODBC, it works fine. I have installed the newest MDAC -
> 2.7.
> Is there any solution?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Jan Sejnoha

0
Chris
7/22/2002 11:30:33 AM
MSS ODBC, PowerBuilder, subqueries with retrieval args, set
sqlca.dbparm DisableBind=1 to make them work.  I've had the same
problem; Sybase says it's a Microsoft ODBC problem.

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:20:20 +0200, "Jan Sejnoha"
<jan.sejnoha@anet-brno.cz> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I have problem with datawindow including subselect with retrieval argument.
>Whenever I'm
>connected using ODBC to MSSQL database, I get error message - SQLSTATE =
>37000 -
>syntax error or access violation. If I'm connected to MSSQL natively or
>connected to any other
>database through ODBC, it works fine. I have installed the newest MDAC -
>2.7.
>Is there any solution?
>
>Thanks a lot
>Jan Sejnoha

0
NOSPAM_matthew_chest
7/22/2002 1:43:21 PM
"Matthew Chestnut" <NOSPAM_matthew_chestnut@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> MSS ODBC, PowerBuilder, subqueries with retrieval args, set
> sqlca.dbparm DisableBind=1 to make them work.  I've had the same
> problem; Sybase says it's a Microsoft ODBC problem.

Is that true?  Cos the problem also appears in a number of builds with the
native MSS driver.

S.

--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

0
Simon
7/23/2002 9:20:21 AM
Thank you for your advice, but I don't know...It quiet strange...
I tried set DisableBind=1, subselect work ok, but problems with
date/datetime arguments
(not in subselect) have appeared. When I give  for example '01.01.2001'
(dd.mm.yyyy) value in
argument, everything is ok. But if the day value is bigger than 12
(20.01.2001), it returns no error, but
 no rows as well. I assumed an error in date format, but any other format
give the same result,
or return the "syntax error converting datetime from character string..."
error message .
Any experiences with that?
Thanks
Jan

"Matthew Chestnut" <NOSPAM_matthew_chestnut@hotmail.com> p�e v diskusn�m
p��sp�vku news:3d3c0baf.3493974@forums.sybase.com...
> MSS ODBC, PowerBuilder, subqueries with retrieval args, set
> sqlca.dbparm DisableBind=1 to make them work.  I've had the same
> problem; Sybase says it's a Microsoft ODBC problem.
>
> On Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:20:20 +0200, "Jan Sejnoha"
> <jan.sejnoha@anet-brno.cz> wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >I have problem with datawindow including subselect with retrieval
argument.
> >Whenever I'm
> >connected using ODBC to MSSQL database, I get error message - SQLSTATE =
> >37000 -
> >syntax error or access violation. If I'm connected to MSSQL natively or
> >connected to any other
> >database through ODBC, it works fine. I have installed the newest MDAC -
> >2.7.
> >Is there any solution?
> >
> >Thanks a lot
> >Jan Sejnoha

0
Jan
7/23/2002 1:32:13 PM
In our testing, we never had a problem with MSS native, just ODBC
(Case #41083702).  For us, this problem dated back to the PB 6.5 days.

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:20:21 +0100, "Simon Caldwell [TeamSybase]"
<simonDOTcaldwellATbigfootDOTcom> wrote:

>"Matthew Chestnut" <NOSPAM_matthew_chestnut@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> MSS ODBC, PowerBuilder, subqueries with retrieval args, set
>> sqlca.dbparm DisableBind=1 to make them work.  I've had the same
>> problem; Sybase says it's a Microsoft ODBC problem.
>
>Is that true?  Cos the problem also appears in a number of builds with the
>native MSS driver.
>
>S.

0
NOSPAM_matthew_chest
7/23/2002 6:06:03 PM
We had it with ODBC/PB5 and MSS/PB7 (some builds only).

--

> In our testing, we never had a problem with MSS native, just ODBC
> (Case #41083702).  For us, this problem dated back to the PB 6.5 days.
>
> On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:20:21 +0100, "Simon Caldwell [TeamSybase]"
> <simonDOTcaldwellATbigfootDOTcom> wrote:
>

> >"Matthew Chestnut" <NOSPAM_matthew_chestnut@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> MSS ODBC, PowerBuilder, subqueries with retrieval args, set
> >> sqlca.dbparm DisableBind=1 to make them work.  I've had the same
> >> problem; Sybase says it's a Microsoft ODBC problem.
> >
> >Is that true?  Cos the problem also appears in a number of builds with
the
> >native MSS driver.
> >
> >S.

0
Simon

Why does a simple select query in MS Access return the error: [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has timed
I have applied the information contained in support document 10447954. That did not resolve the problem. I am running a simple query with one criteria and one table Thanks. Hi Bill, The doc refers to a different ODBC driver (for DirectConnect product) so you might have a completely different problem. The message implies you are using ODBC 12.0 (Client Library based) or prior since the message indicates CtLib info. You might want to post more details involved with getting to this error. You also might want to post exact versions of ASE and ODBC driver, including Open ...

odbc & ms sqlserver 3.70 driver
My application is built in PB 6.5.1 with an MS SQL Server 6.5 database and connects to the database via ODBC. Recently the production workstations were upgraded to the 2.1 version of MDAC. The ODBC version is 3.510.4202.0 and the MS SQL Server Driver - SQLSVR32.DLL is 3.70.06.90. Since then the PB application's data windows that use LIKE clauses no longer retrieve any data. So it appears that the translation of the SQL has changed. Any thoughts and/or insights to resolving this problem are appreciated. TIA. Mike Fatla Trustmark Insurance Co. Mike, I'm cro...

powerbuilder odbc driver for MS sql server bug
Hello, We are using powerbuilder 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5 and using ODBC for connection.We are encountered with no. of problems for different versions of ODBC drivers. all these versions of ODBC drivers have problems with embeded SQL. Listed as 1. One version of ODBC driver execute embeded sql or dw retrieve ( ) function slowly at exection time that of dw retrival in dw painter in the development environment which is about 12 times more faster. 2. Another ODBC driver speed up the embeded sql and dw retrieve () at exection time but the embeded sql containing the lock request becomes ...

Datawindow retrieve error when using ODBC text driver.
When using the datawindow retrieve method, I get an intermittent error loading a semicolon-delimited text file into my SQL Anywhere db. Has anyone had any problems using the Intersolve ODBC text driver (the latest couple of versions - I've installed the latest in an effort to get through the problem...)? The code is included below: //******************************************** //* Create the datawindow object from syntax * //******************************************** IF adw_dwload.CREATE(gtr_file.SyntaxFromSQL("SELECT * FROM " +& ls_fileout, "style(ty...

Ping connection cache of MS sqlserver for JDBC driver error
Hello Guru, I have installed ms-sqlserver200 driver for jdbc and copy 3 jar files to EAServer/java/lib. After set classpath and bootclasspath in serverstart.bat, I still can't ping successfully. Why? add ms driver to serverstart.bat: set EAS_CLASSPATH_P1=%EAS_CLASSPATH_P1%;%JAGUAR%\java\lib\msbase.jar set EAS_CLASSPATH_P1=%EAS_CLASSPATH_P1%;%JAGUAR%\java\lib\mssqlserver.jar set EAS_CLASSPATH_P1=%EAS_CLASSPATH_P1%;%JAGUAR%\java\lib\msutil.jar set EAS_BOOTCLASSPATH_P1=%EAS_BOOTCLASSPATH_P1%;%JAGUAR%\java\lib\msbase.jar set EAS_BOOTCLASSPATH_P1=%EAS_BOOTCLASSPATH_P1%;%JAGUAR%\...

Login page has this error: ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
I am building my first ASP.net Login page this page accesses a dns file the was created in MS Access. When I enter the login page required fields and attempt to check against the database I get the following error.  Any thoughts on how to fix this problem I am completely at a loss for what to do. Thank You, RucaduluERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where ...

VB app, gets 01000 INTERSOLV ODBC Sqlserver driver ERROR
The error occurs, when the VB app inserts a row in a SYBASE table. What might be the problem? -- Savoulidis Iordanis Athens - Greece ...

EAServer 4.1.1, MS-SQLServer 7, ODBC-Error
Hi, We are developing a Webapplication with EAServer 4.0, PB-Build 8004 , MS-SQLServer 7. We are using PB8-Components within JSP's. The Application works without any problems. Serverconfiguration: NT4.0-Server SP6a, MSSQL-Server 7.0 SP3 We are going to change to EAS 4.1.1 with PB-Build 9056. With this configuration, there's always an SQL-Error-Logging before every SELECT-Statement (embedded and DW): Jaguar.log: "cm__odbc_error: SQLError: 156, SQLState: 37000, [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'dummy'.." ...

Error Converting Datatype Using MS SQLServer and Powerbuilder 7.0 build 8046
Ladies and Gentlemen, I recently upgraded a client to a new release of our software. There weren't any code changes in the offending module. All that's really going on is a SQL statement being built and executed in the code. However, I did build the software using Powerbuilder 7.0 build 8046. Now clients are getting the following error: Error Code = 242 Select Error: SQLState = 22008 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] The conversion of a char data type to a datetime datatype resulted in an out-of-range datetime value. I thought that perhaps the date forma...

ODBC error: "WHERE CURRENT OF no_current_cursor" MS SQLServer & PB6.5
I've been scouring newsgroups (incl. archives) for the answer to this. So far nothing. We're starting tests using ODBC (to MS SQL Server 6.5 sp3-5) after having used the PBSYB driver. We're getting errors when calling stored procedures that returns results. The OPEN of the cursor returns SQLDBCode 156 and the error: 'Incorrect syntax near the keyword "WHERE".' Doing a trace reveals that Powerbuilder (or something) is appending the words "WHERE CURRENT OF no_current_cursor" to the procedure call! What's causing that?? I tried pla...

ODBC driver or Native driver with MS SQL 7.0
Hi, What is the advantage of using the native driver toward a Microsoft SQL 7.0 instead of the ODBC driver? Is the native driver only available in the Enterprise version? I use the Professional version 6.0, and I don't see any native drivers, only ODBC! Thanks! Per "Per Buus Sorensen" <PBS@BUUSSYS.DK> wrote in message news:dMjAFGL7$GA.304@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > What is the advantage of using the native driver toward a Microsoft SQL 7.0 > instead of the ODBC driver? > The advantages we found are (a) it is much faster, ...

ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC
Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance! I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message: "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>   FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string&...

5.5.04 ODBC Driver Error ( Memory allocation error )
Hi all, I have upgraded to SQL Anywhere 5.5.04. My app is accessing the database though ODBC 3.0. With 5.5.03 it worked well, however in 5.5.04 it is now giving me an ODBC driver error "Memory Allocation Error" when I insert data into one of the tables ( not all tables ) The table does have a blob, but so do the others that do work. This problem has been tested on a number of different machines and is always the same. Any suggestions ( is it a new but in the ODBC driver 5.5.04? ) Thanks, Wayne born2code@cablelan.net Are you possibly trying to load more than 32K int...

Web resources about - MS odbc SQLserver driver error - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

rails-sqlserver (Rails SQL Server) · GitHub
rails-sqlserver has 4 repositories written in Ruby, JavaScript, and C. Follow their code on GitHub.

Tallan - LinkedIn
Welcome to the company profile of Tallan on LinkedIn. Founded in 1985, Tallan is a national IT consulting company that provides custom application... ...

Kazuhiko Kikuchi (@kazuk) on Twitter

The Fantastic 12 of SQL Server 2012: Behind the Scenes - YouTube
... http://bit.ly/12of12pdf For more information on SQL Server 2012 and to download the trial version, please visit: http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver ...

CamelCase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is the practice of writing compound words or phrases in which the elements are joined without spaces , with each element's initial letter capitalized ...

SQLUG.be
... that brings together the Belgian MS SQL Server community. Our goal is to share experiences, enthusiasm and knowledge about Microsoft SQLServer. ...

wangming7的日志 - 网易博客
wangming7的日志,小偷公司敬上,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,这个飞机可不是那个飞机噢!,潘基文与“鸟叔”朴载相 共跳“骑马舞”(图),看守泰坦尼克2B男青年大喊让妇女孩子先走,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,给鱼缸灌开水的后果,女流氓语录精选版,校园爆笑糗事大全,学普通话很重要噢!- ...

Expanding the Cloud for Windows Developers
The software that powers today’s world of Internet services has become incredibly diverse. Today’s announcement of Amazon RDS for Microsoft SQL ...

IT Developer/Engineer
... jobs at Monster. 15 or more years of experience writing code (such as, and not limited to, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net; databases like SqlServer/ ...

Cisco Technical Forums
Find ANY word Find ALL words Find EXACT phrase Help Aironet Power Supplies VoIP Gateways Cisco Repair Refurbished Cisco Cisco CPQRGs New ...