modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow

Hi,
When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just
dw1.modify()
But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow
in a datwindow ?
I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work.
Anyone can help me out with this ?
thanks.
Regards,
David
-1
David
12/5/2006 2:59:43 PM
📁 sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow
📃 28057 articles.
⭐ 5 followers.

💬 5 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1576 Views

get the dw via getchild & apply modify
In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says...
> Hi,
> When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just
> dw1.modify()
>
> But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow
> in a datwindow ?
> I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work.
>
> Anyone can help me out with this ?
>
> thanks.
>
> Regards,
> David

0
bede
12/5/2006 3:14:43 PM
I just can't get it right. :o(
******************************
dw_1.SetTransObject(SqlCa)
dw_1.Retrieve(pm_Arg[1])
dw_1.GetChild("dw_2", dwc_report)
dwc_report.SetTransObject(SqlCa)
ls_mod = "d05_t.Text='08'"
dwc_report.modify(ls_mod)
******************************
In debug it looks like dw_1 is not initialised.
Any idea ?
> get the dw via getchild & apply modify
>
> In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David
> > says... Hi,
> > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just
> > dw1.modify()
> >
> > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a
> > datawindow in a datwindow ?
> > I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work.
> >
> > Anyone can help me out with this ?
> >
> > thanks.
> >
> > Regards,
> > David

1
David
12/6/2006 10:21:15 AM
- does the GetChild work? (return code)
- don't you have to do a dw_2.retrieve() --> shouldn't have an effect on the modify though..
what is the actual modify you're trying to perform?

In article <4576a7ab.5bd4.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says...
> GetChild("dw_2", dwc_report)

0
bede
12/6/2006 3:56:56 PM
dw_1.Object.dwc_report.Object.d05_t.Text='08'
should be worked too.

CB

U�ytkownik <David> napisa� w wiadomo�ci
>I just can't get it right. :o(
>
> ******************************
> dw_1.SetTransObject(SqlCa)
> dw_1.Retrieve(pm_Arg[1])
>
> dw_1.GetChild("dw_2", dwc_report)
> dwc_report.SetTransObject(SqlCa)
> ls_mod = "d05_t.Text='08'"
> dwc_report.modify(ls_mod)
> ******************************
>
> In debug it looks like dw_1 is not initialised.
> Any idea ?
>
>> get the dw via getchild & apply modify
>>
>> In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David
>> > says... Hi,
>> > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just
>> > dw1.modify()
>> >
>> > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a
>> > datawindow in a datwindow ?
>> > I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work.
>> >
>> > Anyone can help me out with this ?
>> >
>> > thanks.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > David

0
cb
12/11/2006 9:00:38 AM
Should be: dw_1.Object.dw_2.Object.d05_t.Text='08'
of course.

CB

U�ytkownik "cb" <cb@nospam.pl> napisa� w wiadomo�ci
> dw_1.Object.dwc_report.Object.d05_t.Text='08'
> should be worked too.
>

> CB
>

> U�ytkownik <David> napisa� w wiadomo�ci
>>I just can't get it right. :o(
>>
>> ******************************
>> dw_1.SetTransObject(SqlCa)
>> dw_1.Retrieve(pm_Arg[1])
>>
>> dw_1.GetChild("dw_2", dwc_report)
>> dwc_report.SetTransObject(SqlCa)
>> ls_mod = "d05_t.Text='08'"
>> dwc_report.modify(ls_mod)
>>
>> In debug it looks like dw_1 is not initialised.
>> Any idea ?
>>
>>> get the dw via getchild & apply modify
>>>
>>> In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David

0