Microsoft SQL 6.5 - PB 6.0 - Timestamps - Help!

We've been using Microsoft SQL Server timestamps in datawindows since PB
3.0.  However, I've done a test conversion of our apps to 6.0 and now
timestamps no longer seem to work.  If you update a column in a datawindow
with a timestamp, you will now invariably get back the message:

Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ')'.
No changes made to database.
UPDATE b_lockbox SET address2 = 'test' WHERE lockbox_num = 5  AND
tsequal(timestamp, )

In the PB 3 thru PB 5, the actual timestamp would appear after the comma and
everything would work out hunky-dory.  Now, not so good.

Is this a bug?  If so, is it fixed in 6.0.01?  What is the planned release
date for 6.0.01?

One last thing, with every release since PB 3.0, I've asked that I be able
to choose timestamp as the column type when specifying a SQL result set for
the datawindow from a sproc.  Three releases later, I still have to export
the datawindow and type in the datatype of timestamp because I can't pick it
from the drop down.  I'm sure it would only take five minutes for someone at
Powersoft to fix and it has been a problem for years and years.  How can I
get this tiny fix done?

TIA,
kevin_hodge@weldwood.com

0
kevin

SQL 6.5 + PowerBuilder 6.0
Hi, I would like to know if there will be performance (or other) problems if I run the SQL server with client written by PowerBuilder on a machine using NT4 server. Will it be stable enough or I must have the client and server separate. Thanks for your help. Hello, MK... Based on my experience, this is what we are having in some production environments in our company. In one example, we are having a user who has a PowerBuilder 6.0 client application with a SQL Server together on a single machine, with NT 4 Workstation installed. If the machine is having 64 MB, there is no p...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

PowerBuilder Upgrade 5.0 -> 6.0/6.5 for PowerFrame?
Has anyone upgraded PowerFrame (Metasolv's old framework) from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0/6.5? Did you run into any major problems? ANY upgrade advice (PowerFrame or not) would be appreciated. Should I just wait for 7.0? What's the latest on its release? Please respond here or email to eleuschner@levi.com. Thanks in advance, Ellen (The last living person not using PFC. IT'S NOT MY CHOICE!) Ellen, Have you tried calling MetaSolv? I know that they dropped support for PowerFrame in favor of Cornerstone but they may still be willing to help. Rey Bango Team Powersoft.....

Problems With datawindow scrolling in PowerBuilder 6.5 (and 6.0)
The datawindow scrolling functionality has been altered so that when scrolling through a datawindow using the thumb, it is possible to view the bottom of one page and the top of the next. This looks OK until a group is created in the datawindow that has its own heading. When scrolling as before, the heading remains in between the bottom of one page and the top of the next which doesn't look particularly attractive, especially if there are several items in the group heading. In 65Maint.txt document it says the following: "DataWindow Scrollbar Operation ------------------...

Update from 6.5.0 to 6.5.6
Hello togheter I have updated from GW 6.5.0 to 6.5.6. Now when i unload all Groupwise agents the following messaging appear: Return from ipmgmt register = FFFFFFFF errorcode = 8 another message appear also: GWPOA: Malfunctioning with the initialization of the POA (ffffffff). Module XGBAS40.NLM is being referenced. With the update there were no problems. We don't need Webaccess. The GWIA became also updated. What can i do for solve the problem? Thanks Dani Umbricht from Switzerland d.umbricht@seetalschaller.ch wrote: > Hello togheter > I have updated from ...

MS SQL 6.5 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I have an application in PB6.5 that interfaces with MSSQL 6.5 database. I can run this app WITHIN PB to make a connection the database and retrieve data without a problem, but after I built the EXE file and trying to run from that EXE file, I get a "-1" as the return code from the SetTransObject statement. Sample code is like : datastore lds_datastore lds_datastore = CREATE datastore lds_datastore.DataObject = "d_test" li_return = lds_datastore.SetTransObject(SQLCA) The d_test datawindow object consists of a simple SQL SELECT statement. Has anyone seen this ...

Calling a MS-SQL-Server 6.5 StoredProcedure from PowerBuilder 6.0
Does anyone know if there is a difference from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0 in the native MSS SQL-Server driver by calling StoredProcedures with OUTPUT arguments. I do have the following problem: - I've got a StoredProcedures with a char, varchar(50) or even with a datetime OUTPUT argument. - In PowerBuilder I do: DECLARE sp_test PROCEDURE FOR schsp_test_char @psReturn = :sReturn OUTPUT USING SQLCA; EXECUTE sp_test; FETCH sp_test into :sReturn; CLOSE sp_test; - If I execute this statement I get the following error: Implicit conversion from datatype 'varch...

ASA and PowerBuilder 6.0, 6.5, or 7.0
I am currently running PB 5.0 with an Oracle 7.3 database. However, there is a great demand for our remote users to gain access to the app. Therefore, I was looking into using ASA to deploy to our remote users. The problem is that stored procedures are not supported with the run-time version of the database engine that gets deployed with the deployment kit. My question is: Does PB 6.0, 6.5, or 7.0 and/or deployment kit allow the run-time engine to support stored procedures. If not, what are some alternatives? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. >My ...

SQL Anywhere 5.0 upgraded by ASA 6.0?, ASA 6.0 on Linux???
What is ASA? Is the newest version of Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0? Can I directly upgrade a Database from SQL Anywhere 5.0 (windows NT) to ASA 6.0 or 7.0? Then, what is the database engine for Linux? or ASA 6.0 or 7.0 is multiplatform? Please, any help, I don't understand. P.S.: My SQL Anywhere 5.0 is boundled with DataEase Plus 2.77 conected via ODBC, will run with ASA on any platform? > What is ASA? Adaptive Server Anywhere. IE enchanced & considerably improved versions of old SQL Anywhere > Is the newest version of Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0? No. Last versio...

Upgrade 6.0 to 6.5 with Groupwise 6.5
Morning, Any issues with upgrading a Netware 6.0 latest sp server to Netware 6.5 sp4 with Groupwise 6.5 latest service pack on it? Thnaks, Ray > Any issues with upgrading a Netware 6.0 latest sp server to Netware 6.5 > sp4 with Groupwise 6.5 latest service pack on it? > Should be fine -- SBS 6.5 and 6.6 shipped with 6.5 SP1b and then SP3 and GroupWise 6.5.4. One thing though, why SP4 on the NW 6.5 server? I'd go with SP5 plus the post SP5 update package. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Only reason is config control, the ot...

replacement of 6.0 server with 6.5 when 6.0 is gone
We had a 6.0 sp5 server running that had a bad hard crash. In trying to get a new server back up as 6.0, we have given up after two days since it does not even say that it is 6.0 compatible, but it is compatible for 6.5. We have back up tapes for the 6.0 server which is what we intend to use to get everything back with. I am guessing that I name the server temp when I initially install the OS. How do I get it back into the tree as the other server with technically a new OS (6.5 instead of 6.0)??? Or am I going to be better off simply starting from scratch. David Delete al...

Concurrent perl 5.6.0, 5.6.1, 5.8.0, and 5.8.0threaded
Hi, So, I'd like to have multiple versions of perl installed on my system, for testing stuff, poking around, etc. It's not really that difficult, actually - you just arrange that they have different @INC directories (or that they overlap in the ways you want them to), and you make /usr/bin/perl point as a symlink to whichever version you want to use regularly (probably 5.6.1). Here's what I think I'd have, creating a few fink packages to manage things for me: * /usr/bin/perl5.6.0 - Apple's perl, unmodified, @INC is: /System/Library/Perl/darwin ...

Powerbuilder 6.0 to 6.5 UPGRADE
Hi, I'm Freddy from Mumbai, India. It has come to the attention of our Company that Sybase is offering Powerbuilder 6.5 upgrade free to the buyers of 6.0. The only problem is that i don't know the site from where i could download it. The ressellers here are highly uncooperative in giving out this kind of info. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me about the site. Thanks A Lot, In Advance Freddy Daruwalla Hi Freddy, Go to http://support.sybase.com/ and click on "Download software." You will have to set up a user profile for yourself, ...

Client 6.5.5 and 6.5.6
I am testing this before rolling it out to users--in the item lists, is there a reason that the year no longer displays in the date column (We are upgrading from SP2 and it is fine there)? It now reads mm/dd and the time instead of mm/dd/yy and the time. This is also true of the header when you open an item. It is particulalry a problem when looking at document references. This is not unique to me, is it? Found it--in the Options for date and Time--now, is it possible that the SP5 update changed the settings? "PatM" <pmuellerNOSPAM@cmt-law.com> wrote in ...

Web resources about - Microsoft SQL 6.5 - PB 6.0 - Timestamps - Help! - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Timestamp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A timestamp is a sequence of characters or encoded information identifying when a certain event occurred, usually giving date and time of day, ...

Emerald Timestamp for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Emerald Timestamp on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Google Photos Now Lets You Manually Edit Timestamps And Reorder Album Photos On The Web
Even though its editing options are still limited, Google Photos' decoupling from Google+ has had a positive influence on the service and its ...

Jailbreak Only: Dater – Add Timestamps To Photos Taken Using Native Camera App
A new jailbreak tweak called “Dater” automatically adds timestamps to images taken using the native Camera app. Once downloaded and installed, ...

iOS 7 feature focus: Deleting texts, checking timestamps, & disabling 'short names' in Messages
There's more than meets the eye in Apple's new Messages application for iOS 7, with a few key features hidden away, some of which are only accessible ...

Fixing the timestamps on files from Team Foundation Server
A common complaint I hear in the field (and see on the mailing lists) is that when you do a Get from TFS, the file’s timestamps are set to whatever ...

See Timestamps For iMessages In iOS 7 Beta
... in iOS 7, with only a date stamp showing up at the top of each segment of messages that come in on a particular day. [...] The post See Timestamps ...

Hangouts Update Introduces Stickers, Smart Suggestions, Timestamps and More (Updated: APK)
Hangouts for Android is receiving a solid update today that introduces stickers, smart suggestions in conversations, timestamps, and more. Announced ...

Internet Catches Texas Senate Altering Timestamp on Abortion Bill Vote
After a half-day filibuster that was controversially halted by Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, Republicans in the Texas Senate scrambled to quickly ...