like operator problem in PowerBuilder 10.5.1 (Build 6662) !

I'm using Powerbuilder 10.5.1 (Build 6662) with MS SQL Server 2005.

I create a datawindow object as

select * from M_PRODUCT where product_id like 'AB%'

In the PB's database ISQL session or MS SQL Server 2005 console, the SQL
statement can return all products which are starting with 'AB' (e.g. :
'ABC', 'ABD', 'ABCD', 'ABDE' ..)

But the result in the datawindow object are different.  The product like
'ABC', 'ABD' can be returned.
It seems that % is represent one character only, not the string.

Is it new in Powerbuilder 10.5.1 or is it the bug ?

With Many Thanks,
Jimmy

0
Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

it is very unlikely that '%' is interpreted different in a datawindow.
A first try would be to set disablebind to 1 for the database
connection. But even if it works than I'd guess that the problem
is caused by other facts. To fully investigate it you should run a
database trace for the database retrieval.

Kind regards

Chris Werner
f+s software gmbh

"Jimmy Tam" <jimmytam@alum.hkbu.edu.hk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I'm using Powerbuilder 10.5.1 (Build 6662) with MS SQL Server 2005.
>
> I create a datawindow object as
>
> select * from M_PRODUCT where product_id like 'AB%'
>
> In the PB's database ISQL session or MS SQL Server 2005 console, the SQL
> statement can return all products which are starting with 'AB' (e.g. :
> 'ABC', 'ABD', 'ABCD', 'ABDE' ..)
>
> But the result in the datawindow object are different.  The product like
> 'ABC', 'ABD' can be returned.
> It seems that % is represent one character only, not the string.
>
> Is it new in Powerbuilder 10.5.1 or is it the bug ?
>
> With Many Thanks,
> Jimmy

0
Chris
7/16/2007 8:18:55 AM
On Jul 13, 9:24 pm, "Jimmy Tam" <jimmy...@alum.hkbu.edu.hk> wrote:
> I'm using Powerbuilder 10.5.1 (Build 6662) with MS SQL Server 2005.
>
> I create a datawindow object as
>
> select * from M_PRODUCT where product_id like 'AB%'
>
> In the PB's database ISQL session or MS SQL Server 2005 console, the SQL
> statement can return all products which are starting with 'AB' (e.g. :
> 'ABC', 'ABD', 'ABCD', 'ABDE' ..)
>
> But the result in the datawindow object are different.  The product like
> 'ABC', 'ABD' can be returned.
> It seems that % is represent one character only, not the string.
>
> Is it new in Powerbuilder 10.5.1 or is it the bug ?
>
> With Many Thanks,
> Jimmy

Whenever I see weird row counts in a datawindow retrieval, the first
thing I do is check for filters on the datawindow itself. That's
probably not the issue in this case, but I've been bitten by it enough
to consider it "good advice".

0
Jason

Rich text based datawindow print problem with powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

Powerbuilder 10.5.1 and ClearCase LT 7.0.0.1 problem
Hi, Sorry for the long post (you'll see. :)) I've been trying to get Powerbuilder 10.5.1 to work with ClearCase LT 7.0.0.1, but even though PB is able to connect to ClearCase, and the Orcascript can populate the PBLs just fine, when I add the target to the PB workspace, all objects are displayed with a "+" next to them, as if nothing (including the target) is under version control. Here's a quick rundown of how we do things: - We have four environments: Production, Acceptance, Test and Development. These are set up in a "hierarchy" (wrong ter...

EAServer 5.1 with PowerBuilder 9.0.1(build 7236)
Hi We have recently migrated our PB7.0.3(build 10213) application and PB components to PB9.0.1 (build 7236). At the same time we have installed EAServer 5.1. The build version of the PB dll's on EAServer 5.1 is build 6533. When I try to run the PB application i get the following error message when it tries to call a PB component on EAServer: SystemException: TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK (lotteri/n_blob_saksbehandler/of_b_get_logindata - jagadmin@10.1.19.24) This error gets logged on EAServer so it seams that PB can communicate with EAServer. Since this didn't work we tried t...

EA Server 6.0.1.14 EBF14587 and Powerbuilder 10.5.1 6662
We logged the bug in EA Server regarding inter-component function calls on EA Server 6.0. The bug was fixed in EBF14587. However, a fix to Powerbuilder was required to get it to work. So, I've got the powerbuilder 10.5.1 6662 installed on my machine and I've got everything working. My EA Server and Powerbuilder use the same Powerbuilder runtime. BUT, when I deploy the application (Windows 2003 Server Virtual) I get a powerbuilder error BREAKPOINT EXCEPTION when our app does the intercomponent call. So, I believe the remote server is having Powerbuilder runtime issues. I h...

Problem with Powerbuilder 10.5 Build 5034
If I try to change and save a property on a user object placed on a window, the properties panel refreshes as it should and the save action appears to take place, but doesn't not change the property. I have checked source to verify this. In previous versions this worked correctly. -Rich Here is an example of the new PowerBuilder V10.5 build 5034. ftp://www.pbsoftware.com/pbs/jimo_bug01.zip If you try to change the values of the inherited values of .... String is_stringvar1 Long il_longvar2 in the properties panel of w_start. You cannot save the changes in the BP...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

Powerbuilder 10.5 - SQLServer2000
I have a problem with a datastore timing out after 17.1 minutes when trying to do a retrieve from the database. If I set the CommandTimeout parameter to 10 seconds then PB will timeout at 10 seconds but if I set it to an hour then PB will still timeout around 17.1 minutes. The datastore has a stored procedure datasource, I'm connecting to Microsoft SQLServer 2000. If I call a stored procedure from within powerscript it doesn't timeout at the 17.1 min mark so it seems to be related to the datastore somehow. ...

Powerbuilder 10.5.1 build 6565 picturebuttons
In powerbuilder 10.5 there is a box around the picturebutton. In powerbuilder 10.2 there is no box. I don't wan't this box. How can I change it in PB 10.5 Thanks Eric This was asked several times here. AFAIK, behaviour in 10.5 is a corrected bug in 10.2 ( meanming that 10.2 was doing it wrong)... "ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:45d97dfe@forums-1-dub... > In powerbuilder 10.5 there is a box around the picturebutton. > > In powerbuilder 10.2 there is no box. > > I don't wan't this box. How can I cha...

PD 9.5.1.765 Build EBF3 and PowerBuilder 6.5.1
I reverse engineered some objects into PD 9.5.1.765 Build EBF3 from PB 6.5.1. If you look at the preview, it's wrong. global type u_ahs_em from u_em event type integer ue_set_readonly(boolean ab_readonly) ( ) event pfc_selectall pfc_selectall event type integer pfc_updatespending(powerobject apo_control[], ref powerobject apo_pending[]) ( ) event type integer pfc_accepttext(powerobject apo_control[], boolean ab_focusonerror) ( ) event type integer pfc_validation(powerobject apo_control[]) ( ) event type integer pfc_updateprep(powerobject apo_control[]) ( ) event type integer ...

Remote Debugging in EAS 5.5 and Powerbuilder 10.5.1
I just wanted the thank the user group for its help and input on remote debugging. The comments were helpful and ogt me finally going on debugging remote objects on EAS. i might add that I still had deployment problems in Powerbuilder 10.5.1. The properties for the deployed compent would be selectable in the but the debug property in the property file would be false. Strangely enough, it would show up in the component to debug list as selectable. I had event delete the component, made sure the remote debugging checkbox was not selected, and the component would still deploy as thou...

Weird Issue in Powerbuilder 10.5.1 Build 6537
Hi All, We are running PB 10.5.1 Build 6537 and we recently noticed that we have issues in all the datawindow that is saving the string like \\prodserver\Source then it saves in behind the database as \prodserver\source with one back slash missing. Does anyone encoutered this kind of problem. Please help me to how to fix this issue. This happens in all the windows. Thanks Karthik The backslash character is an escape character for ODBC drivers. \n = newline, \r = carriage return, and so on. You have to double-up the backslash...

Rich Text Printing Problem in Powerbuilder 10.5 Build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

Web resources about - like operator problem in PowerBuilder 10.5.1 (Build 6662) ! - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles