Last row of the group printed on new page leaving lot of space

Hi
I use PB703 Build 10213

I have a report with a group, where the "NewPage On Group Break" property is
enabled!
In the trailer of the group I have many text objects that force the trailer
to have big height!
When I retrieve the report, the last row of the group is printed on a new
page together with the trailer, leaving a lot of empty space on the
with the trailer on the same page. Since this doesn't fit, it moves to the
page, as much as it fits, and the continue with the rest of the trailer in
the next page!)

Is this normal?
Any fix for this?
What about newer versions?
Please Advice!

Thanks
Stelios

0
Stelios

That is how it works.

You can create nested reports and for each key
retrieve the detailed information then the trailer
information.

HTH

> Hi
> I use PB703 Build 10213
>
> I have a report with a group, where the "NewPage On Group
> Break" property is enabled!
> In the trailer of the group I have many text objects that
> force the trailer to have big height!
> When I retrieve the report, the last row of the group is
> printed on a new page together with the trailer, leaving a
> lot of empty space on the previous page. (I guess that it
> is trying to print the last row of the group with the
> trailer on the same page. Since this doesn't fit, it moves
> to the next page, instead of printing the row, then print
> the trailer on the same page, as much as it fits, and the
> continue with the rest of the trailer in the next page!)
>
> Is this normal?
> Any fix for this?
> What about newer versions?
> Please Advice!
>
> Thanks
> Stelios

0
Dawn
12/20/2004 7:22:03 PM
I put an example in Code Exchange under Powerbuilder 2-tier
http://www.sybase.com/developer/codexchange

If the trailer band is too large it will print on the next
page
along with the last line in the group.
To stop this from happening use nested dws.

Create a main datawindow (d_main) with sql that will
retrieve the main key:
SELECT employee.emp_id ,
         sum(sales_order_items.quantity) as atotal
    FROM employee,
         sales_order,
         sales_order_items
   WHERE ( sales_order.sales_rep = employee.emp_id ) and
         ( sales_order_items.id = sales_order.id )
group by employee.emp_id

Create 3 more datawindows.  One for the header and one
for the detail and 1 for the trailer.  Create retrieval
arguments for the key.  The sql will look something like:

d_header:
  SELECT employee.emp_lname, employee.emp_id
    FROM employee,
         sales_order,
         sales_order_items
   WHERE ( sales_order.sales_rep = employee.emp_id ) and
         ( sales_order_items.id = sales_order.id )  and
employee.emp_id = :cemp
group by employee.emp_lname, employee.emp_id

d_detail:
 SELECT employee.emp_id,
         employee.emp_lname,
         sales_order.order_date,
         sales_order.id,
         sales_order_items.prod_id,
         sales_order_items.quantity,
         customer.lname as customer
    FROM employee,
         sales_order,
         sales_order_items,
         customer
   WHERE ( sales_order.sales_rep = employee.emp_id ) and
         ( sales_order_items.id = sales_order.id ) and
         ( customer.id = sales_order.cust_id ) and
         ( employee.emp_id = :cemp)

d_trailer:
 SELECT  sales_order.id,
         sum(sales_order_items.quantity) as atotal
    FROM employee,
         sales_order,
         sales_order_items
   WHERE ( sales_order.sales_rep = employee.emp_id ) and
         ( sales_order_items.id = sales_order.id ) and
         ( employee.emp_id = :cemp )
GROUP BY sales_order.id

datawindows:
d_header and d_detail and d_trailer.
Make sure you set the retrieval arguments in the nested
reports.
Make a group in d_main and set the page break.

Notice how the header and detail prints then right after the
trailer prints then continues on the next page.

I have uploaded an example of this datawindow and
called it autosize height of headers and details
in codeexchange.

Dawn Brown Eyes  TeamSybase

> Hi
> I use PB703 Build 10213
>
> I have a report with a group, where the "NewPage On Group
> Break" property is enabled!
> In the trailer of the group I have many text objects that
> force the trailer to have big height!
> When I retrieve the report, the last row of the group is
> printed on a new page together with the trailer, leaving a
> lot of empty space on the previous page. (I guess that it
> is trying to print the last row of the group with the
> trailer on the same page. Since this doesn't fit, it moves
> to the next page, instead of printing the row, then print
> the trailer on the same page, as much as it fits, and the
> continue with the rest of the trailer in the next page!)
>
> Is this normal?
> Any fix for this?
> What about newer versions?
> Please Advice!
>
> Thanks
> Stelios

0
Dawn
12/20/2004 10:17:00 PM
I'm afraid I cannot adopt this solution!
In my case these reports are available to the client for customisation
There is a special mechanism that exports these reports in an external
library for client who customizes the reports upto a level and the system
then loads the reports from the external library when ever they are
requested!
Now, if I use subreports then I need a mechanism to export the subreport to
supply in the external library for the client to customize end then I need a
mechanism to create a datawindow child from that customized subreport object
and assign it on the main report. I DID NOT FIND any way to create such a
mechanism!
Do you have any recommendations!

Thanks
    Stelios

<Dawn T Brown Eyes[TeamSybase]> wrote in message
> [...]
> called it autosize height of headers and details
> in codeexchange.
>
> Dawn Brown Eyes  TeamSybase
>

> > Hi
> > I use PB703 Build 10213
> >
> > I have a report with a group, where the "NewPage On Group
> > Break" property is enabled!
> > In the trailer of the group I have many text objects that
> > force the trailer to have big height!
> > When I retrieve the report, the last row of the group is
> > printed on a new page together with the trailer, leaving a
> > lot of empty space on the previous page. (I guess that it
> > is trying to print the last row of the group with the
> > trailer on the same page. Since this doesn't fit, it moves
> > to the next page, instead of printing the row, then print
> > the trailer on the same page, as much as it fits, and the
> > continue with the rest of the trailer in the next page!)

0
Stelios
12/23/2004 6:51:36 AM
Do you think this is wise?
Since it works fine when you retrieve a single row!

> That is how it works.
>
> You can create nested reports and for each key
> retrieve the detailed information then the trailer
> information.
>
> HTH
>
> > Hi
> > I use PB703 Build 10213
> >
> > I have a report with a group, where the "NewPage On Group
> > Break" property is enabled!
> > In the trailer of the group I have many text objects that
> > force the trailer to have big height!
> > When I retrieve the report, the last row of the group is
> > printed on a new page together with the trailer, leaving a
> > lot of empty space on the previous page. (I guess that it
> > is trying to print the last row of the group with the
> > trailer on the same page. Since this doesn't fit, it moves
> > to the next page, instead of printing the row, then print
> > the trailer on the same page, as much as it fits, and the
> > continue with the rest of the trailer in the next page!)
> >
> > Is this normal?
> > Any fix for this?
> > What about newer versions?
> > Please Advice!
> >
> > Thanks
> > Stelios

0
Stelios
I'd like to inform you that I found a way to customise the Subreport
objects!
This is by changing the Library List of the Application on Runtime. I also
include the external library with the clients customised reports.

BUT,
I have a very complicated report to build.
If I try to do so with your method I have to build 3 subreports (Header,
Detail, Trailer) within the main object!
After that I have to build another 3 subreports, within the Detail subreport
of the previous level!
After that I have to build another 2 subreports in the trailer subreport of
the previous level to provide sum extra information from related tables (I
used to do this with 2 Subreports in the trailer of my Method report!)!
When I try to run this, all I Get is a CRUSH!
Thanks!

> [...]
> called it autosize height of headers and details
> in codeexchange.
>
> Dawn Brown Eyes  TeamSybase
>

> > Hi
> > I use PB703 Build 10213
> >
> > I have a report with a group, where the "NewPage On Group
> > Break" property is enabled!
> > In the trailer of the group I have many text objects that
> > force the trailer to have big height!
> > When I retrieve the report, the last row of the group is
> > printed on a new page together with the trailer, leaving a
> > lot of empty space on the previous page. (I guess that it
> > is trying to print the last row of the group with the
> > trailer on the same page. Since this doesn't fit, it moves
> > to the next page, instead of printing the row, then print
> > the trailer on the same page, as much as it fits, and the
> > continue with the rest of the trailer in the next page!)

0
Stelios

How to stop the last detail row to print on next page together with the group trailer and summary even the second last page has lot's of space for the last row but not for the summary...
Hi, Can anyone please help me on this : My reports have quite a lot in the group trailers and summary, so that the last detail row will print on the last page with the trailers and summary even though the second last page has a lot of spaces for the detail, but just not enough for the trailers and summary. Therefore it looks very odd that there are lots of space in the second last page, and clients thought the report is finished while the last detail row is printed on the every end page. How can I force the report to fill up the second last page before printing the las...

last detail row will print on the last page with the trailers and summary even though the second last page has a lot of spaces for the detail
Hi, Can anyone please help me on this : My reports have quite a lot in the group trailers and summary, so that the last detail row will print on the last page with the trailers and summary even though the second last page has a lot of spaces for the detail, but just not enough for the trailers and summary. Therefore it looks very odd that there are lots of space in the second last page, and clients thought the report is finished while the last detail row is printed on the every end page. How can I force the report to fill up the second last page before printing the las...

How to add a new row showing textboxes at the last row of the last page??
Edited by SomeNewKid. Please post code between <code> and </code> tags. Hi, when I'm on the first page of the datagrid and want to add the new row in the datagrid, how can I show texboxes at the last row on the last page of the datagrid? If I click Add button when I'm not in the last page, then if I go to the last page, the new row is added but it's not in a textbox and I need to click Edit to show textboxes and update... If I'm on the last page and click Add button, it adds a new row and shows textboxes at the last row automatically. so the problem is when I'...

Printing DW? Does a new page have to begin with a new row?
My problem is that if I have short row at the top and next row is quite tall(more than can fit on the current page) PB kicks the row to the start of the next page leaving a lot of blank space on the prior page. Can anyone Help? Thanks, Chris Have you tried the Autosize Height property on the tall row and the detail band with/without slideup? Chris Hart <chris_hart1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:geqkUiI9#GA.276@forums.sybase.com... > My problem is that if I have short row at the top and next row is quite > tall(more than can fit on the current p...

Composite Datawindow
I have a system for printing reports using a composite report. The composite report has a header, 1 -embedded report, and a footer. The user chooses which datawindow to embedded. Some of the embedded datawindows are printing large amounts of text that spans several pages. About half the time, the last line of text printed is cropped and the part cropped appears on the next page. I am running NT4 with PB6.5. I have tried a. making the embedded report the exact size of one line of print. b. sizing the detail area very small. c. Different font families. Arial seemed the worst, T...

new rows in a groupes datawindow
Hi, I have a freeform datawindow with a group in it. When I want to insert a new record of the detail band, the datawindow creates a new record (which is the last of the datawindow) with the header group and the detail in blank. After this, I insert the data by code in the group header band (because I don' want that it can be modified by the user) and when I save this data in the database and execute the instruction dwindow.GroupCalc() the records doesn't group correctly. Afte all of this, if I close and reopen the window , the data is grouped correctly, what is happenin...

how to print the nested datawindow in a new page
Hi, I have inserted a report datawindow(secondary dw) dw_2 in a parent datawindow dw_1 . I want to print the secondary datawindow(dw_2) in a new page ...i have tried to give new page option in the dw_2 properties section....but i am not able to find it.it's available only composite datawindow presentation style option....can we give the same option in the nested datawindow option. is there is any way available to print the attached secondary datawindow(dw_2) in a next page. Please give an answer for this. Thanks Sebastion Ramesh ...

New Page ON Group Break in datawindow
How do I programatically change the 'New Page on Group Break' Property in a datawindow. ? Can anyone help. Thanks, Thomas. AFAIK you can�t, except if you get DW syntax, search for line where is the group definition, change the string "newpage=yes" to "newpage=no" and recreate DW. I�d like to know if there are another solution for this. Fabian <Thomas> escreveu na mensagem news:43297583.52c7.1681692777@sybase.com... > How do I programatically change the 'New Page on Group > Break' Property in a datawindow. ? Can anyone help. &...

New Page when printing from a form datawindow
I am still new to PowerBuilder so please bear with me. . . I am trying to print a report that lists an address on one side of a page and a certificate on the other on a HP 5si (duplex printing). The problem I am having is that the certificate can list more that one row of items accomplished. Therefore, this is in my detail band on the datawindow (SQL Select, freeform). I have tried to list the address information that should print on the front side of page one in the header, in a group header, etc. I am unable to have the printer advance to page two (or the back side of page one) ...

Datawindow Print
I cant' choose the page range in PrintDialog-Box. I use the standard pfc-Library with dw.print(true,true). System: Powerbuilder 10 Version 5032, pfc-Application. Can anyone help me. Thanks. Does the print dialog come up at all? Regards, John Team Sybase -- ,� "Zeller Manfred" <manfred.zeller@ziag.ch> wrote in message news:415dc07b@forums-1-dub... > I cant' choose the page range in PrintDialog-Box. I use the standard > pfc-Library with dw.print(true,true). > > System: Powerbuilder 10 Version 5032, pfc-Application. > >...

A new page , print datawindow mit report
I have in datwindow with two of report. The report contains several nested Reports(in one is also a group). is the nested report in datawindow the detail before the normal report is all ok comes the nested report behind that of normal the data on a new page is printed, although on the 1 page still workstation is. How create I it that the nested report on the 1 page with is proofed ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

How can I resolve: on printing or preview, datawindow is Cutting text in the end of the page and printing half in each page?
I'm using PowerBuilder 8.0.3 Build 9704. Now, I have a text field that it is printed half at end of current page and half in the next page. Above it, I have others text field, computed fields and nested reports. They're slide up property on position tab setted to Directly Above. I Tried setting it to All above but without result. I tried modifieing botton and top margins but for some it resolve and other not. What can I do to resolve it? Tiago Padilha. Tiago; Do the columns have AutoSize Height = TRUE? Austin "tiago padilha" <tpadilha@topazio...

last page of datawindow doesn't print
I have a datawindow in pb6.5; last page only prints with HP1100 local printer. Tom, That sounds rather odd. I haven't encountered it before but I learn something new every day. Its probably related to the printer driver since it works on one printer and not the other. Consider finding another printer driver for your printer. Each printer usually has several to choose from (various versions). A workaround is to put a summary band on the report. In the summary band embed a composite report which has an empty nested report in it which has "new page" checked. This will ...

How can I print a RichText datawindow with multiple rows on the same page?
How can I print a RichText datawindow with multiple rows on the same page (not one row per page like it is now)? I don't believe that's possible. Its very design function is mail merge support, which by definition is a one record - one page operation. "Steven Doxzen" <sdoxzen@eds.dsiddoms.com> wrote in message news:mV88RfUt$GA.202@forums.sybase.com... How can I print a RichText datawindow with multiple rows on the same page (not one row per page like it is now)? Thanks Lu, I am trying to print a datawindow where on of the columns is a long text ...

Web resources about - Last row of the group printed on new page leaving lot of space - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Eurocard (printed circuit board) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Eurocard is a European standard format for PCB cards, which can be plugged together into a standardized subrack . The subrack consists of a series ...

Newspapers : Under which conditions will news printed on paper have a future?
Most newspapers have decreasing circulation figures, even free papers are having a hard time being picked up by commuters. Is print really dead? ...

Recently - Your Camera Roll Photos Printed in a Monthly Magazine on the App Store on iTunes
Get Recently - Your Camera Roll Photos Printed in a Monthly Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

A $50 3D-Printed Prosthesis Compared to a $42,000 Myoelectric Prosthesis - YouTube
Here's an updated version with better audio (if you share, please share this version): http://youtu.be/CHPuMCshkLU For the full story: http: ...

Review: NanoLeaf Ivy, a HomeKit lightbulb made from a foldable printed circuit board
... But the Nanoleaf Ivy bulbs have a lot to offer in a package unlike anything else I’ve tested. The bulb is made entirely from a foldable printed ...

Local Motors could melt your 3D-printed car to create a new one
... Show , Misc. Automakers , Car Buying , Technology , Electric , Specialty Local Motors is best known for creating the world's first 3D-printed ...

Watch the world’s first 3D-printed, jet-powered drone hit the skies at 150 MPH
A project nine months in the making culminated with an exciting feat earlier this week, as the world's first 3D-printed drone took to the skies ...

Two-legged puppy gets 3-D printed wheelchair - Videos - CBS News
Tumbles, a puppy born without front legs, is learning to get around on a custom-made 3-D printed wheelchair. CBSN's Contessa Brewer has the story. ...

Local Motors unveils its first 3D-printed car slated for mass production
The LM3D Swim has not yet passed regulatory muster, but the company believes everything is in order for deliveries starting in 2017.