last page of datawindow doesn't print #2

I have a datawindow that does not print out(dw_1.print()) the last page of
the report no matter how long the report is. Every page of the report shows
up on the screen.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thank you,

Tom Hodson
thodson@empirebcbs.com

0
Tom_Hodson

Hello Tom,

  What we normally do is create a datastore and datawidow.
Make them share each other.And print the datastore instead
of the datawindow.

Reards
Rejith
0
Anonymous

last page of datawindow doesn't print
I have a datawindow in pb6.5; last page only prints with HP1100 local printer. Tom, That sounds rather odd. I haven't encountered it before but I learn something new every day. Its probably related to the printer driver since it works on one printer and not the other. Consider finding another printer driver for your printer. Each printer usually has several to choose from (various versions). A workaround is to put a summary band on the report. In the summary band embed a composite report which has an empty nested report in it which has "new page" checked. This will ...

Datawindow Print Preview doesn't match Printed Results?
Hi, I have a strange problem that I hope someone can solve. We have a datawindow that displays a list of clients, when retrieved for a particular number of clients (31) the results just fit on one page. When we preview the datawindow it displays one print page with the complete result set, but when we print the datawindow it no longer fits a single page and the last line (in this case, a footer with a totals column) is printed on a second page. This is somewhat frustrating since we can't give the users an accurate print count. Has anyone come across this? Does anyone have...

2nd row in datawindow doesn't print
Using: PB6.5, DB2, Windows95 I've created a freeform datawindow object which retrieves data without a problem. But for some reason I get blank pages for the second record when I print (the SELECT statement will never return more than 2 records; each record has 2 pages). There is no filter or group defined for the datawindow, nor are there any invisible columns. Regenerating the datawindow has no effect. Any ideas? Check for the 'Rush Limbaugh' objects (the ones out on the extreme right <g>). If you turn the rulers on, you might find one or more that go slightly ...

activex control on a datawindow doesn' t get printed
Hi, I am using a chart activex control on a datawindow ! I'm able to populate it, and it works nicely. The problem is that it doesn't get printed ! Also when scrolling the datawindow it doesn't move along with the dw but it remains on its original position! Any Idea? Thanks all ...

datawindow print multiple copies doesn't work
I have a routine that displays my report (or dw) and from it, I can select print and print the report. However, if I change the number of copies to 2 on the printer driver's screen, only 1 report prints. Also, if I change the type of paper from letter to A4, then the dw continues to print on letter. The print specs of the dw is "(Default)". It seems to me that when I issue the dw_report.print() command, I don't have any more control. Doesn't the printer driver take over? Do I need to look at the user's values (like number of copies, or paper size), before...

PB10
I am using PB10.2. My applications have just recently started doing something odd when you print some reports. Any report can do this, not just composite, or tabular, etc... If the report just barely falls onto the next page, sometimes that page just doesn't print. It will print 5 out of 6 or 1 out of 2 and that's it. It doesn't seem to matter which printer we print the reports to, whether an HP or a Sharp, it just doesn't matter. Even if you do a SaveAs to PDF with Ghostscript it creates a pdf report that is one page short. Has anyone heard of this problem? Tha...

Page doesn't move to top of the page when user select page 2/3 from bottom of the page

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Describe("DataWindow.Objects") Functionality for Report DataWindow object Doesn't Work
Hello there. I want to change the nested report object(s) attributes. I had used Describe() function to get objects -("DataWindow.Objects"). After removing the tab spaces I was able to get the object name within that DW. By checking the Attributes -(ls_obj + ".Attributes") I came to know by finding "nested_argument" that the current object is (nested) report. Now if I assigned this object to the DDDWChild/Any variable it gives error either at compilation or at run time. If I created a datastore locally & assigned the dataobject of the current ...

default 'Save Page As' doesn't work #2
File->Save Page As (HTML only or Complete) will not save the text on this page: http://www.socionics.com/prof/enfj.htm (When you relead the saved page it loads the socionics home page, and if you disable the internet connection you get a page can't load error.) I searched for an extension that may work, but I don't see one. I regularly use the Highlighter extension and save web pages - research. I often come accross pages that don't actually save, and I don't realize this until later when I go to load the saved page. (I'm checking more often to make sure ...

datastore doesn't see nonvisual datawindow in Active Server Page
My user object doesn't give error when I use it in a visual datawindow,but it gives me an error when I use it in an A.S.P. When I do datastore lds_1 lds_1 = create datastore lds_1.dataobject = "d_ds_det" ll_righe = lds_1.settransobject(sqlca) return ll_righe it returns me -1. sqlca is a valid transaction (If I do return sqlca.property ,it returns me a valid values) => datastore doesn't see nonvisual datawindow (d_ds_det) ! How can I resolve my problem? Cfr my reply on your post of 12/6 "michela" <michela@michela> schr...

datastore doesn't see nonvisual datawindow in Active Server Page
My user object doesn't give error when I use it in a visual datawindow,but it gives me an error when I use it in an A.S.P. When I do datastore lds_1 lds_1 = create datastore lds_1.dataobject = "d_ds_det" ll_righe = lds_1.settransobject(sqlca) return ll_righe it returns me -1. sqlca is a valid transaction (If I do return sqlca.property ,it returns me a valid values) => datastore doesn't see nonvisual datawindow (d_ds_det) ! How can I resolve my problem? ...

Help with datawindow.print.paper.source, doesn't appear to work.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------4E5F504DDDC39840544C8D67 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit PB5004, NT4.0 When I pass in the value for a HPLJ4SIMX to use paper.source=1 for Upper, the printer does not override the default document settings. The only way I have found around it is to set paper.source to values found from a demo version of PowerPrint. This tool reported numeric values corresponding to the bins that were in the range of: Case ' HPLJ4SIMX' This.AddItem('Automatic 15') This.A...

Can't base report on stored procedure--'Can't create Datawindow'
I installed IM65 today to give it a try. I made a db config to our local ASE 11.9.2 engine via Sybase' odbc driver that came with 11.9.2. I start a new report, tell it to be tabular and to get data from a SP. It asks which SP and I tell it. The result is an odbc error: Cannot create DataWindow Intersolv SQL ODBC driver: Incorrect syntax near '='. 1 execute dbo.sp_si_addressbest_;0 RETURN_VALUE = :RETURN_VALUE' I can execute the SP fine from SQL Advantage or from Crytal Reports. Thanks. -- Frank Burleigh Indiana University School of Law Bloomi...

Web resources about - last page of datawindow doesn't print #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow