It's possible to get the child of a Nested report in a tabular Datawindow, but... #2

Hi,

I'm using PB 5.0.04, I have a nested report within a tabular DataWindow.  I
need to change several properties of nested report.  GetChild(), comonly
used, can't get the child, it returns -1.  But, If i do that :

After the Retrieve() of dw_tabular...

DataWindowChild ldwc_nested

dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 5" )
dw_tabular.GetChild( "nested_report_object", ldwc_nested )
dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 0" )

ldwc_nested is a DataWindowChild that handles the nested report.

I can do any ldwc_nested.Describe( "..." ) I want. ldwc_nested is the nested
report in the first row of dw_tabular.  If I do ldwc_nested.Modify( "..." ),
only the nested report of the first row for dw_tabular is changed, nested
for all other rows of dw_tabular become invisible.

How can I do a GetChild() for all others rows ?  Or can i get childs for
other rows with "dot notation" ?

Thanks for your help !!

----
Bonjour,
    J'utilise PB 5.0.04, j'ai un nested report dans une DataWindow tabular.
J'ai besoin de changer plusieurs propri�t�s du nested report.  Getchild(),
utilis� normalement, me retourne -1, il ne permet pas de r�cup�rer le nested
child d'une DW tabular.  Par contre, si je fais :

Apr�s le Retrieve() de dw_tabular...

dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 5" )
dw_tabular.GetChild( "nested_report_object", ldwc_nested )
dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 0" )

ldwc_nested est un DataWindowChild qui pointe sur le nested report.

A partir de �a, je peux faire autant de ldwc_nested.Describe() que je veux.
Par contre, si je fait ldwc_nested.Modify(), seule la nested de la premi�re
rang�e de dw_tabular est modifi�e et toutes les autres rang�es de
dw_tabular, se retourvent avec le nested invisible.

Comment puis-je obtenir le child pour les autres rang�es ?  Est-ce que le
"dot notation" peut m'aider ?

Merci d'avance.

0
Dominic

It's possible to get the child of a Nested report in a tabular Datawindow, but...
Hi, I'm using PB 5.0.04, I have a nested report within a tabular DataWindow. I need to change several properties of nested report. GetChild(), comonly used, can't get the child, it returns -1. But, If i do that : After the Retrieve() of dw_tabular... DataWindowChild ldwc_nested dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 5" ) dw_tabular.GetChild( "nested_report_object", ldwc_nested ) dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 0" ) ldwc_nested is a DataWindowChild that handles the nested report. I can do any ldwc_nested.Describe( &...

Get the child of a Nested report in a tabular Datawindow ( possible, but... )
Hi, I'm using PB 5.0.04, I have a nested report within a tabular DataWindow. I need to change several properties of nested report. GetChild(), comonly used, can't get the child, it returns -1. But, If i do that : After the Retrieve() of dw_tabular... DataWindowChild ldwc_nested dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 5" ) dw_tabular.GetChild( "nested_report_object", ldwc_nested ) dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 0" ) ldwc_nested is a DataWindowChild that handles the nested report. I can do any ldwc_nested.Describe( &...

Child datawindows (Nested DataWindows)
Hello all...I was wondering... I have used Child Datawindows for quite some time under PB9.03. These are invaluable when a user is in the Parent DataWindow and must choose a value from a list of choices provided by the Child DataWindow. The kind of Child DataWindow I am talking about is a DropDownDataWindow (DDDW). This is the only kind I have ever used. I was simply wondering whether there are more kinds of Child DataWindows other than the DDDW? Any info would be greatly appreciated.:) The next most popular use is of child DWs within Composite Presentation Style parents. Nested ...

How to get rid of the tabular datawindow's page break.
Hi,everybody. I have problem here. I created a tabular datawindow and grouped it by one column. When the hight of the list beyond the hight of my datawindow, there is a gray page break come out. How to get rid of that? Thanks. Jeff ...

Urgent Help! How to get data from child's gridview to parent's textbox #2

get the nested report's 'select' statement problem
My problem is : I have a report dw (r_report) put into a composite dw (r_report_cp) If the r_report do not has nested report inside itself, I can use following statements to get r_report 's select statsment dw.GetChild('r_report',dw_child) dw_child.SetTransObject(SQLCA) ls_select = dw_child.Describe("DataWindow.Table.Select") However, if the r_report has nested report inside itself, I cannot use the above statements to get r_report 's select statement. It just return an empty string to me. I need to get the select statement in order to let me ch...

Urgent
Dear all, I'm using PB 6.5.1. I have a report with the following layout: Datawindow A contain Datawindow B, Datawindow B contain Datawindow C And I want to get a reference to Datawindow C. However, I tried to use GetChild() for Datawindow B. It retured -1. Thus, I also tried to get another Datawindow D which is nested in Datawindow A and no nested datawindow nested in it. Then, using GetChild is worked for this case. Am I missing something?? is there any other way round?? Any ideas or suggestion are welcome. Thanks in Advance. Best Regards, Andy Cheung ...

How to access an objetct's property located in a nested report from a datawindow expression ?
Pb 7.0.1 7024, WinNT 4 Thanks for your answers. An exempt from: -------------------------------- DataWindow Reference PowerBuilder Version 7 Document number: MC0013 March 1999 Copyright � 1999 Sybase, Inc. and its subsidiaries. All rights reserved. Printed in the United States of America. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chapter 5 Accessing DataWindow Object Properties in Code -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PowerBuilder: Da...

Datawindow's Date argument with PowerBuilder 8.0.1 and Oracle 9i 9.2.0.1
Hi, there: Does anybody know how to pass datetime type data from client side to server side in the datawindow? Can anybody recommend a good book about how PowerBuilder deals with Oracle, datawindow, embedded SQL? Thanks in advance. PB DateTime data type corresponds to the Oracle Date type. You can set a DateTime variable using constants, or use the Date function to make a Date from mm, dd, yy and DateTime function to convert it. What are you not finding in the PB help and online books? "sybase.working" <sybase.working@yahoomail.com> wrote in message news:eYB...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

Datawindow refresh problem in a nested datawindow #2
I have a nested report with 5 datawindows. There second and fourth datawindows are being set by RowsCopy function after retrieving the main datawindow. The others are retrieved. THe problem here is that when printing/displaying the datawindow there are lot of blank pages. Pl. advise THanks ramesh.subramanian@gs.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Getting Datawindow name from datawindow child variable
Hi ! I want to get the datawindow (name) from a datawindowchild variable. But, the dwc has no way to get it. I want the code like this : datawindowchild dwc dw_1.getchild("colname", dwc) dw_2.dataobject = dwc.dataobject -------------- -> X In the above code, "dw_1.object.colname.dddw.name" is what I want. But, from the "dwc", I can't know that. Please, help! thx. You're correct. There is no way to get the datawindow name from the datawindow child, you have to ask the paren...

Web resources about - It's possible to get the child of a Nested report in a tabular Datawindow, but... #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo