It's possible to get the child of a Nested report in a tabular Datawindow, but...

Hi,

I'm using PB 5.0.04, I have a nested report within a tabular DataWindow.  I
need to change several properties of nested report.  GetChild(), comonly
used, can't get the child, it returns -1.  But, If i do that :

After the Retrieve() of dw_tabular...

DataWindowChild ldwc_nested

dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 5" )
dw_tabular.GetChild( "nested_report_object", ldwc_nested )
dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 0" )

ldwc_nested is a DataWindowChild that handles the nested report.

I can do any ldwc_nested.Describe( "..." ) I want. ldwc_nested is the nested
report in the first row of dw_tabular.  If I do ldwc_nested.Modify( "..." ),
only the nested report of the first row for dw_tabular is changed, nested
for all other rows of dw_tabular become invisible.

How can I do a GetChild() for all others rows ?  Or can i get childs for
other rows with "dot notation" ?

Thanks for your help !!

P.S. If you want, you can also reply in french :)

0
Dominic

getchild works with composites.  I see that you have changed it to a
composite so it allows you to do a getchild.

But it doesn't work always.  That is why they probably have that check.

I would suggest trying to make the report a composite.

--
Dawn T Brown Eyes (TeamSybase)

Dominic Crousset <dcrousset@pgsystem.com> wrote in article
<qwnGyi1Q$GA.191@forums.sybase.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I'm using PB 5.0.04, I have a nested report within a tabular DataWindow.
> need to change several properties of nested report.  GetChild(), comonly
> used, can't get the child, it returns -1.  But, If i do that :
>
> After the Retrieve() of dw_tabular...
>
> DataWindowChild ldwc_nested
>
> dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 5" )
> dw_tabular.GetChild( "nested_report_object", ldwc_nested )
> dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 0" )
>
> ldwc_nested is a DataWindowChild that handles the nested report.
>
> I can do any ldwc_nested.Describe( "..." ) I want. ldwc_nested is the
nested
> report in the first row of dw_tabular.  If I do ldwc_nested.Modify( "..."
),
> only the nested report of the first row for dw_tabular is changed, nested
> for all other rows of dw_tabular become invisible.
>
> How can I do a GetChild() for all others rows ?  Or can i get childs for
> other rows with "dot notation" ?
>
> Thanks for your help !!
>
> P.S. If you want, you can also reply in french :)

0
DawnBrownEyes

It's possible to get the child of a Nested report in a tabular Datawindow, but... #2
Hi, I'm using PB 5.0.04, I have a nested report within a tabular DataWindow. I need to change several properties of nested report. GetChild(), comonly used, can't get the child, it returns -1. But, If i do that : After the Retrieve() of dw_tabular... DataWindowChild ldwc_nested dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 5" ) dw_tabular.GetChild( "nested_report_object", ldwc_nested ) dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 0" ) ldwc_nested is a DataWindowChild that handles the nested report. I can do any ldwc_nested.Describe( &...

Get the child of a Nested report in a tabular Datawindow ( possible, but... )
Hi, I'm using PB 5.0.04, I have a nested report within a tabular DataWindow. I need to change several properties of nested report. GetChild(), comonly used, can't get the child, it returns -1. But, If i do that : After the Retrieve() of dw_tabular... DataWindowChild ldwc_nested dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 5" ) dw_tabular.GetChild( "nested_report_object", ldwc_nested ) dw_tabular.Modify( "DataWindow.processing = 0" ) ldwc_nested is a DataWindowChild that handles the nested report. I can do any ldwc_nested.Describe( &...

Child datawindows (Nested DataWindows)
Hello all...I was wondering... I have used Child Datawindows for quite some time under PB9.03. These are invaluable when a user is in the Parent DataWindow and must choose a value from a list of choices provided by the Child DataWindow. The kind of Child DataWindow I am talking about is a DropDownDataWindow (DDDW). This is the only kind I have ever used. I was simply wondering whether there are more kinds of Child DataWindows other than the DDDW? Any info would be greatly appreciated.:) The next most popular use is of child DWs within Composite Presentation Style parents. Nested ...

How to get rid of the tabular datawindow's page break.
Hi,everybody. I have problem here. I created a tabular datawindow and grouped it by one column. When the hight of the list beyond the hight of my datawindow, there is a gray page break come out. How to get rid of that? Thanks. Jeff ...

get the nested report's 'select' statement problem
My problem is : I have a report dw (r_report) put into a composite dw (r_report_cp) If the r_report do not has nested report inside itself, I can use following statements to get r_report 's select statsment dw.GetChild('r_report',dw_child) dw_child.SetTransObject(SQLCA) ls_select = dw_child.Describe("DataWindow.Table.Select") However, if the r_report has nested report inside itself, I cannot use the above statements to get r_report 's select statement. It just return an empty string to me. I need to get the select statement in order to let me ch...

Urgent
Dear all, I'm using PB 6.5.1. I have a report with the following layout: Datawindow A contain Datawindow B, Datawindow B contain Datawindow C And I want to get a reference to Datawindow C. However, I tried to use GetChild() for Datawindow B. It retured -1. Thus, I also tried to get another Datawindow D which is nested in Datawindow A and no nested datawindow nested in it. Then, using GetChild is worked for this case. Am I missing something?? is there any other way round?? Any ideas or suggestion are welcome. Thanks in Advance. Best Regards, Andy Cheung ...

How to access an objetct's property located in a nested report from a datawindow expression ?
Pb 7.0.1 7024, WinNT 4 Thanks for your answers. An exempt from: -------------------------------- DataWindow Reference PowerBuilder Version 7 Document number: MC0013 March 1999 Copyright � 1999 Sybase, Inc. and its subsidiaries. All rights reserved. Printed in the United States of America. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chapter 5 Accessing DataWindow Object Properties in Code -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PowerBuilder: Da...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

Getting Datawindow name from datawindow child variable
Hi ! I want to get the datawindow (name) from a datawindowchild variable. But, the dwc has no way to get it. I want the code like this : datawindowchild dwc dw_1.getchild("colname", dwc) dw_2.dataobject = dwc.dataobject -------------- -> X In the above code, "dw_1.object.colname.dddw.name" is what I want. But, from the "dwc", I can't know that. Please, help! thx. You're correct. There is no way to get the datawindow name from the datawindow child, you have to ask the paren...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Datawindows with child datawindows

Nested datawindow within a nested datawindow
I have a report, that contains a datawindow, which itself contains a datawindow. Everything is working fine until the number of retrieved lines get's over about 1100 primary and over about 3200 retrieved nested lines. Although the task manager (I'm using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 on Windows 2000) shows me, that there is still enough free memory, the data retrieval stops and Powerbuilder (or the application which called the Retrieve() method) ends itself without any error message. That allways happens when the datawindow has allocated about 70 MB of virtual memory. (About 99% of those ...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Web resources about - It's possible to get the child of a Nested report in a tabular Datawindow, but... - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo