Installation 'Sybase DataWindow PS' printer on W98 doesn't work (so PDF export can't work either)

I have a problem with export DataWindow content to PDF on W98 systems.
(I don't have any problem with PDF export on other systems like as WINNT,
W2K, WXP).

I found out that the problem is in the Sybase DataWindow PS printer. It
looks
like installed but it DOESN'T WORK on W98. When I try print something
on this printer then no PostScript file is created.
So I tried manual installation of it but it occurs an error during manual
installation
(I used description of instalation from Bruce Armstrong). The error said
that
printer driver (PSCRIPT.DLL) can't be loaded.

I used printer driver for PB 9.0.2 7509 with PSCRIPT.DLL version 4.00 (file
version 0.2.0.0)
from 14.2.2003.

It seems that printer driver doesn't work on W98. Do you have any idea how
to solve this problem ?

Thank you
Ludek

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
The description of manual instalation of  Sybase DataWindow PS printer from
Bruce Armstrong:
1.   Open up your Printers folder.
2.   Select Add Printer
3.   Hit Next in that dialog.
4.  Select "Local Printer" and hit Next.
5.  For "Use the following port", select "File:" and hit Next.
6.  Hit "Have Disk"
7.  Browse to the \Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder\drivers directory and select
the ADIST5.INF file, then hit Open.
8.  Hit OK to close the Install from Disk dialog
9.  Select "Acrobat Distiller" and hit Next.
10.  It may prompt you to keep existing driver, your choice, hit Next.
11.  For Printer Name, enter "Sybase DataWindow PS".  Or you can enter
something else, and then add that printer name to the DataWindow print
specs.  Hit Next.
12.  On printer sharing, hit Next.
13.  Decide whether or not you want a test page, and then hit Next.
14.  Hit Finish.

0
Ludek

That driver may not support Windows 98.  You might try the Adobe
driver (which I recommend instead anyway).

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1500

Note that there is a different version of it that supports Win95/Win98
than the other versions of Windows.

On 21 Nov 2004 02:47:06 -0800, "Ludek Kroufek" <kroufek@seznam.cz>
wrote:

>I have a problem with export DataWindow content to PDF on W98 systems.
>(I don't have any problem with PDF export on other systems like as WINNT,
>W2K, WXP).
>
>I found out that the problem is in the Sybase DataWindow PS printer. It
>looks
>like installed but it DOESN'T WORK on W98. When I try print something
>on this printer then no PostScript file is created.
>So I tried manual installation of it but it occurs an error during manual
>installation
>(I used description of instalation from Bruce Armstrong). The error said
>that
>printer driver (PSCRIPT.DLL) can't be loaded.
>
>I used printer driver for PB 9.0.2 7509 with PSCRIPT.DLL version 4.00 (file
>version 0.2.0.0)
>from 14.2.2003.
>
>It seems that printer driver doesn't work on W98. Do you have any idea how
>to solve this problem ?
>
>Thank you
>Ludek
>

>////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>The description of manual instalation of  Sybase DataWindow PS printer from
>Bruce Armstrong:
>1.   Open up your Printers folder.
>2.   Select Add Printer
>3.   Hit Next in that dialog.
>4.  Select "Local Printer" and hit Next.
>5.  For "Use the following port", select "File:" and hit Next.
>6.  Hit "Have Disk"
>7.  Browse to the \Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder\drivers directory and select
>the ADIST5.INF file, then hit Open.
>8.  Hit OK to close the Install from Disk dialog
>9.  Select "Acrobat Distiller" and hit Next.
>10.  It may prompt you to keep existing driver, your choice, hit Next.
>11.  For Printer Name, enter "Sybase DataWindow PS".  Or you can enter
>something else, and then add that printer name to the DataWindow print
>specs.  Hit Next.
>12.  On printer sharing, hit Next.
>13.  Decide whether or not you want a test page, and then hit Next.
>14.  Hit Finish.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

TeamSybase blogs:
http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org

NOTE:

If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will
*not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through Google never reach the
Sybase newsgroup server, so we don't see them in order to respond to
them.  You should post your question using a standard newsgroup reader
or the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or www.pfcguide.com.
Google is great for searching the Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post
to them from there.

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
0
Bruce
11/21/2004 2:52:33 PM
It works !

I tried another Adobe driver with PPD file from Sybase DataWindow PS and it
works
perfectly.

Adobe drivers are here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=44&platform=Windo
ws

Ludek Kroufek

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:lra1q0pn9t9ppuu5p6pfqold7fmg9jras7@4ax.com...
> [...]
> >8.  Hit OK to close the Install from Disk dialog
> >9.  Select "Acrobat Distiller" and hit Next.
> >10.  It may prompt you to keep existing driver, your choice, hit Next.
> >11.  For Printer Name, enter "Sybase DataWindow PS".  Or you can enter
> >something else, and then add that printer name to the DataWindow print
> >specs.  Hit Next.
> >12.  On printer sharing, hit Next.
> >13.  Decide whether or not you want a test page, and then hit Next.
> >14.  Hit Finish.
> >

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> TeamSybase blogs:
> http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>
> Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi
> http://www.needhim.org

> NOTE:
>
> If you are using Google to post messages to the newsgroups, you will
> *not* receive a reply.  Messages posted through Google never reach the
> Sybase newsgroup server, so we don't see them in order to respond to
> them.  You should post your question using a standard newsgroup reader
> or the web based newsreaders at my.sybase.com or www.pfcguide.com.
> Google is great for searching the Sybase newsgroups, but you can't post
> to them from there.

> DISCLAIMER:
>
> This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
> is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
> message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
> that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
> it may not.
>
> Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
> Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
> products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
> views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that
the
> author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the
contents
> of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.

0
Ludek

Can't base report on stored procedure--'Can't create Datawindow'
I installed IM65 today to give it a try. I made a db config to our local ASE 11.9.2 engine via Sybase' odbc driver that came with 11.9.2. I start a new report, tell it to be tabular and to get data from a SP. It asks which SP and I tell it. The result is an odbc error: Cannot create DataWindow Intersolv SQL ODBC driver: Incorrect syntax near '='. 1 execute dbo.sp_si_addressbest_;0 RETURN_VALUE = :RETURN_VALUE' I can execute the SP fine from SQL Advantage or from Crytal Reports. Thanks. -- Frank Burleigh Indiana University School of Law Bloomi...

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

I'm very upset to say i can't use firefox, it doesn't work anymore...
Name: Stephen Email: retrodotrevivalathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: I'm very upset to say i can't use firefox, it doesn't work anymore... Comments: I'm very upset to say i can't use firefox, it doesn't work anymore... the addons menu is blank with all weird buttons on the button, and all my addons i cant get to but some still are there like my google toolbar but it won't show in addons, and some buttons are in the navagation toolbar. i will have to uninstall if you can't help Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5....

client install doesn't work and can't uninstall client
Help! I installed Groupwise 6.5 client on a freshly formatted workstation. All seemed to go normal, except when i tried to run Groupwise i get the following... Groupwise is not properly installed. The Groupwise components could not be initialized. Please run groupwise setup, or contact your systme administrator. so i then tried to uninstall the the client and i get this... The log file "C:\windows\system32\delsl2.isu" is not valid or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not continue. so i then tried to just do an install anyway, and i end up...

''''''''''''''''''''

Spellchecker doesn't work: no error, just doesn't work
Hey all. This is only happening with one person. It's all GW7 no SP. has worked fine before. Anyway when they type along it doesn't catch that spelling and it doesn't fire up spell check before it's sent like it is checked off to do. It does nothing. It just sends it when you click send; no error, nothing. I did a rebuild, analyze/fix. I have it set at all levels for this user. any ideas Mark, well, I'd try a more recent client version first. GW7 was less than stellar before SP1. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don...

Urgent: AutoCompleteExtender doesn't work/Updatepanel doesn't work
This is my code for the AutoCompleteExtender <asp:textbox id="txtQuickSearch" runat="server" CssClass="inputText" style="width:145px; "></asp:textbox> <atlas:AutoCompleteExtender runat="server" ID="acSearch"> <atlas:AutoCompleteProperties TargetControlID="txtQuickSearch" Enabled="True" ServicePath="http://localhost/Sony.BusinessSuite.Web.UI/AtlasServices/MasterData.asmx" ServiceMethod="GetAllModels" minimumprefixlength="2" /> </atlas:AutoCompleteExtender> When i start typing fiddler shows: # Result Host URL Body Caching Content-Type User-...

can't install sysstat... unresolved dependencies.. official CD doesn't work
I'm installing Oracle 10g2 and the documentation says I need to install the sysstat package... When I try and "rug in sysstat" -- It is not allowed due to an unresolved dependency on gnuplot... So I popped into YAST and tried to install gnuplot... it asks me for the Core SuSE 9 sp2 disc 2 (which I used during the server installation.) I insert the disk and it doesn't think it's the correct disk... Yast had no problems during the system installation... So I made another copy of the disc from Novell's site -- no luck, it doesn't like that disk eith...

Can't login... doesn't work at all.
Name: tester Product: eBay Companion Summary: Can't login... doesn't work at all. Comments: System: openSUSE 10.2 Architecture: x86_64 Firefox: 2.0.0.3 (x86_64) Nothing happens when I try to click the Login button in the sidebar. Indeed, it doesn't seem to be a clickable button but just an image. If I try to login via the ebay toolbar icon, nothing happens either. ebay->login and ebay->options doesn't work... nothing happens when I click those menu items. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; de; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070320 SUSE/2.0.0.3...

Freenx doesn't work, NX doesn't work with compiz. Questions
FreeNX just doesn't work. NX from nomachine installed well, but I guess that limits me to two logins? NX doesn't work with compiz, tho, at least from machines not running compiz. So no great surprise. :-) Is there any way to run startkde that disables compiz and uses kwin? Alternatively, hows the easiest way to handle alternative logins? I could link the two documents folders together, but then I'd have problems with file permissions. I'm just looking for ideas here, I could live with two logins. -- dougnc -------------------------------------------...

Keyboard shortcut 'ctrl+T' doesn't always work
Name: Georgi Liubenov Email: liubenoffatmaildotbg Product: Firefox Summary: Keyboard shortcut 'ctrl+T' doesn't always work Comments: When pdf document is opened in a tab 'ctrl+T' shortcut doesn't work. I have to go to File -> New Tab to open a tab. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to ...

'exists'? Why doesn't it work?
------_=_NextPart_001_01C31893.158D4106 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi everybody, I'm having a problem using the exists function. I have the following = code that takes a list of searchwords (@search) and searches texts = stored in a MySQL database and orders them by relevance. My idea was that records that contain more than one search word are = probably more relevant than others.=20 The search results (id, rank) are stored in a hash with id as key and = rank as the corresponding value. As it may be p...

'Tab' control 's visible doesn't work.Why?
I use tab control in my applition. And I set visible=false, but it doesn't work. my code is: ----------------------------------------------- <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />  <div>   <ajaxToolkit:TabContainer runat="server" ID="Tabs" Height="138px" ActiveTabIndex="0"    Width="402px">    <ajaxToolkit:TabPanel runat="server" ID="Panel1" HeaderText="Tab1" Visible="f...

Web resources about - Installation 'Sybase DataWindow PS' printer on W98 doesn't work (so PDF export can't work either) - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

List of United States Army installations in Germany - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blink Twice video installation at Summer Set Festival: 3D motion faces projected on trees - YouTube
Blink Twice is a video installation that transforms trees into huge 3D faces that smile, move, gesticulate and even follow the viewer's gaze. ...

Australia leads world in household solar panel installations
Australia has the highest rate of household solar panel installation in the world.

Tesla Powerwall home installations are starting for pilot customers
A first look at the consumer-facing Powerwall from Tesla. (credit: Megan Geuss) Tesla has begun shipping 7kWh stationary batteries— branded ...