Import Excel

Hi!
I want to add an 'import from excel' functionality to my app.
I have a table with customers and a specific excel that has the new
customers which is prepared every week from the accountant.
What is the best way to import them into a datawindow (or ultimately in the
db table)?

I am using WinXP SP2,Powerbuilder 9 and 10, MS SQL Server 2000 SP3a

Sorry, my English are poor...

Thanx in advance

The simplest approach is probably to connect to the Excel file with ODBC. It
then looks like a database to PB.

If the data can be saved in CSV format, you could also use the ImportFile dw
method.

Sanjiv.

"P Platan" <pplat@exnds.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> I want to add an 'import from excel' functionality to my app.
> I have a table with customers and a specific excel that has the new
> customers which is prepared every week from the accountant.
> What is the best way to import them into a datawindow (or ultimately in
> the db table)?
>
> I am using WinXP SP2,Powerbuilder 9 and 10, MS SQL Server 2000 SP3a
>
> Sorry, my English are poor...
>
> Thanx in advance

0
Sanjiv

How to import excel to datawindow?
You can export delimited-text from Excel and import it into the dw using importString(). You can also use the ODBC Excel driver to bring the rows into a datawindow, and use RowsCopy() to import into another datawindow. Finally, you can use a pipeline, but that implies copying the data to another db. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] Power3, LLC http://www.power3.com Useful links: NEW PB9 Book Information: http://www.pb9book.com My Sybase: http://my.sybase.com SDN: http://www.sybase.com/developer Google search: groups.google.com <adodo> wrote in message ...

Import Excel file in datawindow
open datawindow at runtime and save data in Excel file then update that Excel file, Now I want to import Excel file into datawindow then update oracle database .So anybody have clue please send me email. thanks Hi, Have you try dwcontrol.ImportFile ( filename {, startrow {, endrow {, startcolumn {, endcolumn {, dwstartcolumn } } } } } ) Regards Fred kamlesh Patel a �crit dans le message <35E1A2BF.539A92AF@hotmail.com>... >open datawindow at runtime and save data in Excel file then update that >Excel file, Now I want to import Excel file into datawindow th...

importing excel data into a datawindow
I'm trying to import data from an excel file that contains 20 columns and about 25 rows. However, some of the columns contain alphabetic data that contains several lines of text. Therefore, when I save the file as a tab delimited text file it causes problems when importing to the datawindow. The datawindow thinks that the column data, which gets word-wrapped, is several different records when in fact it is only one. By the way I am using PB 5. Gerald PB looks for tabs and CRs. It shouldn't care about wrapping, which is just a visual feature of an editor anyway. On wr...

How to import Excel file to datawindow?
The way we are doing this is using OLE with EXCEL to save the file as tab delimited text file and then import that text file into Datawindow. User simply selected EXCEL file for import and never knows what is being done behind the scene. Another option is to define an ODBC Excel DSN. You need to setup a Named Range in Excel with the first row containing column headers. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. Techwave 20002 www.sybase.com/techwave2002 Session E179 - Advanced Infomaker with Help of its Friend PowerBuilder <SAIYED&...

importing an excel file into a datawindow
hello everybody I am trying to import an excel file into a datawindow(like a text file). Is there any method or work around to achieve this. An alternate which i thought was using oleobject, opening the excel file and using SaveAs to save into a text file for import into a datawindow.for this I can't find any method to open an excel file through OLEOBJECT. Thank in advance Magesh Babu.V This script will open a particular excel file // Create the oleobject variable xlapp xlApp = Create OLEObject // Connect to Excel and check the return code ret = xlApp.ConnectTo...

Import Data From Excel to Datawindow
Hi there I'm using Powerbuilder Ver. 9 I want to import data from excel sheet to datawindow at run time by creating the datawindow depending on excel cells for the column name and data type Could any one help me how can i do it thanks alot With my best regards Ahmad Alhowaimel You can create an ODBC profile that uses your Excel spreadsheet as the "database". Once that is created, PowerBuilder sees it as just another database connection, and you can create datawindows using that datasource. Paul Horan[TeamSybase] <Ahmad Alhowaimel> wrote in message ...

How to import a excel sheet in a datawindow ?
Hi, Happy new year for all I need insert data into a DataWindow control or DataStore from a excel sheet. The ImportFile function only inserts data tab-delimited text or dBase format 2 or 3. Any ideas? Thanks. Renato Gar�n Donoso You can use OLE or connect to Excel through an ODBC driver and read the spreadsheet. See the 'connecting to your database' manual for more detail on configuring the Excel ODBC driver. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Renato wrote in message <01be3a8e$81bbfb20$143214b4@rgarin.aetnagen.com>... >Hi, >Happy n...

Import excel file into datawindow
Hi to all , How can i import excel file into datawindow ? My application expect only to *.xls file and not to *.txt file thanks david. use the odbc driver for excel <David> wrote in message news:44f14e06.1f22.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi to all , > How can i import excel file into datawindow ? > My application expect only to *.xls file and not to *.txt > file > > thanks > david. ...

How can I import data to PowerBuilder from excell
I have an excell file with data and I wand to choose some column of then but not all to import them in the Powerbuilder (datawindow) How can I manage this? Thanks in Advance Nick Define a named range in Excel that contains your data. You can then create an ODBC connection to Excel. This named range becomes the table name and your columns are your... um... columns. You can then build a pipeline or datawindow against this data. On 2 Jan 2006 02:02:30 -0800, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general NickDim <nickdim@globo.gr> wrote: >I have an excell file with da...

Import data into a DataWindow from an Excel file.
Hi, I need to import data into a DataWindow (PB 8) from an Excel file. The data is in tabular format with the first row as column names. I would prefer not to use the Excel file as a database but to use an order like ImportFile. The user has to choose the file and then it has to be read into the DataWindow. Thank you in advance. Mart=edn. Hi Martin, If you name the area in Excel, you'll be able to access it via ODBC, Otherwise you can connect through OLE....and then access data directly, or export it to something you can import to DW. Regards Martin gid pisze: > H...

importing excel file data to a datawindow
I'm trying to import data from an excel file that contains 20 columns and about 25 rows. However, some of the columns contain alphabetic data that contains several lines of text. Therefore, when I save the file as a tab delimited text file it causes problems when importing to the datawindow. The datawindow thinks that the column data, which gets word-wrapped, is several different records when in fact it is only one. By the way I am using PB 5. Gerald Whenever I need to pull data from an Excel file I just use OLE to fire up Excel, copy the data to the clipboard, and the...

Is it possible to import data from excel worksheet to a datawindow object?
DW can export data to excel file( save as ), can PB import data from excel worksheet to a datawindow object? If can, how to import? Thanks a lot! Hi, users can do a save as to a tab delimited txt file in excel. use then dw_1.Importfile to import the data in a datawindow object. Look up the importfile (datawindows) function in the help file. HTH John > DW can export data to excel file( save as ), can PB > import data from excel worksheet to a datawindow object? > If can, how to import? > > Thanks a lot! > > If you are looking for an aut...

Importing Excel into SQL Server 2005 with Import Wizard
I have several spreadsheets given to me which are in Excel 2007 file format. So, I've saved them as Excel 2003. I run the SQL Server Import and Export Wizard in SQL Server 2005 Management Studio from my local PC againist an online 3rd party hosted database. Initially I was getting errors yet the data was imported, so I wasn't too concerned. Now, on one file, only 8 records out of 285 records are imported. Here is the latest error messages extract: Messages * Error 0xc0202009: Data Flow Task: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error co...

Import excel
It's easy to import excel by pb. Anyone give me the sample code on import excel by java. Thanks in advance. Check out the POI project (more specifically the HSSF sub section): http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/ The quick guide page has a sample of reading from and writing to a workbook: http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hssf/quick-guide.html Doug Porter DailyAccess Corporation "iris" <irispangtech@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:428a1de5$1@forums-1-dub... > It's easy to import excel by pb. Anyone give me the sample code on import > excel by jav...

Web resources about - Import Excel - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

List of countries by imports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of countries by imports , based on the World Trade Organization and The World Factbook . For comparison purposes, some non-sovereign ...

Perfect Audience Performance Reporting API Allows Facebook Advertisers To Import Data
Advertisers that use Facebook Exchange can now import data on their ads, campaigns, and conversions into their own customized reporting dashboards ...

Oakland Opens the Wallet for Cuban Import
Looks like Billy Beane really is sticking to that Window. After spending the offseason trading away two of the better young starting pitchers ...

How to Import Your Blog Into Facebook
Inside Facebook has recently written about simplifying how you use Facebook with other social media tools in order to make life a little easier. ...

Export Import Business Group
Here we are, people in the business of export and import from all over the world. I invite you people also to join for more info of the business ...

#1 Cheat for Ruzzle ~ find the best words with free auto game import! on the App Store on iTunes
Get #1 Cheat for Ruzzle ~ find the best words with free auto game import! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Secretary Kerry Delivers Remarks at the Export-Import Bank Annual Conference - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry delivers remarks at the Export-Import Bank Annual Conference in Washington, D.C., on April 24, 2014. [State ...

Christmases come at once for Canberra Cavalry imports at Percy households
When a Canberra Cavalry player is billeted by ground announcer Matt Percy and his family, the unofficial initiation is usually a big spoonful ...

Apple adds iPhones to Lightning to USB Camera Adapter compatibility list, photo import works under iOS ...
... reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple adds iPhones to Lightning to USB Camera Adapter compatibility list, photo import works ...

RYAN AND RUBIO: American Companies Will Go Bankrupt If We Don’t Import More Foreign Workers!
By Julia Hahn In a Tuesday morning interview with radio host Bill Bennett, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) defended his omnibus bill’s controversial expansion ...