how to write loop expression in Datawindow Expression?

thx

0
handi

"handi" <zs@westd.net> wrote in message news:3f5d9d07$1@forums-1-dub...
> thx

Loop?  Can you give us a better idea of what you're trying to accomplish?

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

Get the new PB9 books!
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Code samples on Sybase CodeXchange:
http://codexchange.sybase.com

ISUG Enhancement Requests:
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

0
Paul
9/9/2003 12:49:12 PM
Write a global function and refer to it in the dw
expression.

---
PowerObject!

> thx

0
PowerObject
9/9/2003 3:53:52 PM
<PowerObject!> wrote in message news:3f5df7f2.5175.846930886@sybase.com...
> Write a global function and refer to it in the dw
> expression.
>
> ---
> PowerObject!

And then go get a cup of coffee each time that datawindow repaints itself...  Global functions in dw expressions WILL
slow your app to a crawl.

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

Get the new PB9 books!
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Code samples on Sybase CodeXchange:
http://codexchange.sybase.com

ISUG Enhancement Requests:
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

0
Paul
9/9/2003 6:21:35 PM
You are right, Paul! If the logic is minimal, it may work.
But with logic such as complex-looping or dB-access, it will
perform very poorly and can even "potentially" CRASH the app
:~)

---
PowerObject!

> <PowerObject!> wrote in message
> > news:3f5df7f2.5175.846930886@sybase.com... Write a
> > global function and refer to it in the dw expression.
> >
> > ---
> > PowerObject!
> >

> And then go get a cup of coffee each time that datawindow
> repaints itself...  Global functions in dw expressions
> WILL slow your app to a crawl.
>
> --
> Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
>
> Get the new PB9 books!
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Code samples on Sybase CodeXchange:
> http://codexchange.sybase.com
>
> ISUG Enhancement Requests:
> http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement

0
PowerObject
9/9/2003 6:57:00 PM
Event-driven programming recommends to write code in the events only where
it is needed.
IMO, DW events would be ideal place to write loop expressions & complex
code.
It could be window functions/global functions based on re-usability aspects.

"handi" <zs@westd.net> wrote in message news:3f5d9d07$1@forums-1-dub...
> thx

0
WS

datawindow expressions using datacolumns from other datawindows
Is there a possibility to access datacolumns from other datawindows from a datawindow expression. In fact, I have two datawindows which have a master/detail-relation. For example I want to set a columns visible or protect property in the detail dw depending on the datavalue of a column in the master dw. Thanks Martin Martin, There is no direct way. You could, however, write a couple global functions... one to set a value, one to get a value (then call these from a computed field in the DW)... but you're probably better off doing this in a script. HTH, Greg -- ...

DataWindows Expressions for contraints on grid datawindows...
This may seem like an unholy thing to do to a datawindow, but I ran into a place where it was appropriate. First, I decided that I wanted to use Don Roof's dropdownfilter service for datawindows, which is triggered by clicking on a small bitmap icon which is supposed to be positioned next to the column heading. This is fine for the tabular style that Don's samples used. However, I wanted to use a grid-style datawindow to allow my users to resize columns while the application is running. Unfortunately, the datawindow tries to resize the bitmap when the column is resized, makin...

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

Can DataWindow.Data.HTMLTable handle DataWindow expressions ?
Hi there, I have a couple of DWs that I am saving as HTML. I use 'DataWindow.Data.HTMLTable' to get the html (I've also tried data.html). I prifix this with the StyleSheet in order to get the layout correct i.e. bold, colours etc.. One DW is very simple and works no problem. The other (external) DW is very complicated and has loads of columns. Depending on various column data values, all the columns have expressions to control things like x and coords, height, width, visibility etc.. When I get the HTML the layout is not correct. Some column are not displayed when the...

datawindow expression
I'm trying to do something that sounded so simple, but I cannot figure it out. I want to change the background color of a "cell" in a grid datawindow when it has focus. Not the background color of the entire column or row - just the cell which represents the current row and column. I cannot find any datawindow function that tells me the current column. Can it be determined with the Describe function? I tried "GetColumnName" inside a Describe, and of course that is not valid. All the datawindow functions seem to apply to rows, not columns. Does anyone ha...

datawindow expression
In PowerBuilder a datawindow expression can call a global function. Is there a similar possibility/feature in DataWindow .NET? Thanks j. Not at this point. On 17 Aug 2004 02:54:20 -0700, jan wrote: >In PowerBuilder a datawindow expression can call a global >function. Is there a similar possibility/feature in >DataWindow .NET? > >Thanks > >j. ...

Datawindow Expressions
Hi I have an expression to change the color of text on row in a datawindow , 'if (change_colour =1,rgb(255,0,0),rgb(0,0,0) )', but what I am trying to do is only change the color of a particular column on the row. Is there any way to do this? All the columns have to have the expression but any combination of the columns are to have the color change. Hope that makes sense. Ron If I understand the question correctly, you can put the expresion in the datawindow. Go to teh datawindow painter and click on a field (column) you want to have use the expression. (PB8)...

datawindow expression
Hi, I made an expression on my datawindow level : for example the border expression : if(order_ind>0,5,1) Now I want to get this syntax via script on my window level ... How can I do this so that I can also put this or another expression back to the datawindow expression ? This.Describe("order_ind.Border") This also gives me data in the field, but what do I have to do to get only the expression ? Thnx in advance You should post this in the powerbuilder.datawindow section. On 14 Oct 2004 05:41:24 -0700, Dave wrote: >Hi, > >I made an expressio...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Anything Like GetColumn() datawindow method in DataWindow expression function
Hi All, I'm Using PB703 Build 10213 I'd like to know if there is any DataWindow expression function that could give me the current Column on the DataWindow! Sthg like GetColumn() method is script! I've got a tabular datawindow, where I want to change the Border of a column when it is the current column (Just for the current row, too)! Is there any other way to do It? Thanks Check your event arguments for "DWO". That is a pointer to the current column. To check the name for example: ls_var = DWO.name Hope that helps. regards ... Chris ...

Datawindow, Protect property, add datawindow expression to control setting
There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an expression. Did you mean the ReadOnly property of the whole datawindow? Matthew Chestnut wrote in message <3c87c173.108123333@forums.sybase.com>... Oops, I was in a hurry when I entered this ... I meant to request an expression on the *Required* attribute for a datawindow column. On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:48:33 -0500, "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote: >There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an >expression. Did you mean the Re...

Datawindow Expressions
Hi there! I'm having a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I'm trying to change the attributes of a datawindow in PowerBuilder 6.5 so that the list of available radio buttons defined for a column is dynamic. Specifically, if a flag column in the datawindow is set to a 1, I need an extra radio-button added to the list of available selections. Otherwise, it should not be present. I've been looking at the .Values attribute for the datawindow object and I can manipulate it to change the available options but only when I don't have an expression. I just c...

datawindow expression #2
Hi Group, what is wrong with this ls_modify = "inc_exc.visible=0~tif (cashincluded ='Y',1,0) inc_exc_t.visible=1 " ls_error = dw_modeldetails.modify( ls_modify) It says incorrect syntax. please help -Regards, -Brijesh The visible expression should be a string, and needs to be in quotes. (Then you're inner quotes need to be tilde'd... I'll leave that joyous experience for you. <beg>) Good luck, Terry and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 03:58:04 -0800 (PST), Brijesh <brijesh.kumar77@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi G...

Datawindow Expression Problem
Trying to use an expression in a datawindow to make a filed visible based on the entry in another. Example 2 columns: name, other_name. If other_name is not null, then display name. Tried putting 'isNull( other_name)' in the expression on the name filed but it doesn't seem to work. Any help appreciated.. Thanks JB John Bringolf <jbringolf@uncfsu.campus.mci.net> wrote in article <33F47DE6.498A@uncfsu.campus.mci.net>... : Trying to use an expression in a datawindow to make a filed visible : based on the entry in another. Example 2 columns: name, other...

Web resources about - how to write loop expression in Datawindow Expression? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Closed-form expression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , an expression is said to be a closed-form expression if it can be expressed analytically in terms of a finite number of certain ...

Joe Rogan's Facial Expression After Ronda Rousey Got Knocked Out Was Priceless - Bleacher Report
Joe Rogan 's face spoke for us all Saturday night. After UFC superstar Ronda Rousey got knocked out by a lethal kick from Holly Holm, the commentator ...

Jack Dorsey: 'Twitter stands for freedom of expression'
Newly-instated CEO Jack Dorsey laid out Twitter's commitment to open dialogue, in a keynote on stage at today's Twitter Flight developer conference ...

Make your technology a force for musical expression with this digital guitar
Computers, tablets, even iPhones have grown into powerful tools for music making, but for many who play guitar the bridge from analog instrument ...

Computers learn how to spot hidden facial expressions
Machines are good at spotting obvious emotions like smiles, but they're not so hot at detecting the extremely brief microexpressions that reveal ...

Turkey's YouTube Ban Violated Freedom Of Expression, European Court Rules
A YouTube ban in Turkey that lasted two years has now been ruled a violation of the European Convention on Human Rights. Back in 2008, a Turkish ...

Redbubble, A Profitable Channel For Artistic Expression
There is a growing movement of people who never want to follow a trend. Instead they embrace their own creative self-expression and are just ...

Smile!: Impressive Real-Time Facial Expression Transfer
This is a video from Stanford University of a system developed to transfer one person's facial expressions in real time to a live video feed ...

How Facial Recognition Uses Super-Simple Patterns to Understand Your Expression
Facial recognition systems use all kinds of clever software to work out who you are and even how you’re feeling. But in this video explainer, ...

Expressions of Solidarity for France in Red, White and Blue
ABC News Expressions of Solidarity for France in Red, White and Blue ABC News This photograph made available on Saturday Nov. 14, 2015, shows ...