how to set focus on a dddw column in a dw

Hello,
I have a dropdowndatawindow named dw_sel_dep that contain a column named
cd_department (type dddw with allowing edit property set on).

When i try to use:

    dw_sel_dep.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str) // to add an empty
row
    dw_sel_dep.setfocus() // to set focus on

i have not the curson within the cd_department column

Why ?? What is missing ??

TIA
Roby

0
Roberto

Have you tried to use setColumn rather than setFocus?

On 8 Jun 2004 02:31:31 -0700,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Roberto Lammoglia <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote:
>Hello,
>I have a dropdowndatawindow named dw_sel_dep that contain a column named
>cd_department (type dddw with allowing edit property set on).
>
>When i try to use:
>
>    dw_sel_dep.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str) // to add an empty
>row
>    dw_sel_dep.setfocus() // to set focus on
>
>i have not the curson within the cd_department column
>
>Why ?? What is missing ??
>
>TIA
>Roby

0
Williams
6/8/2004 10:48:34 AM
Dear Williams,

as you said me, i tried to use
                        dw_sel_dep.setcolumn("nr_bobina")
                        dw_sel_dep.setfocus()

but with previuos wrong effect.

Thank you

"Williams" <wbenichou@webmail.altensi.fr> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Have you tried to use setColumn rather than setFocus?
>
> On 8 Jun 2004 02:31:31 -0700,
>  in sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
> Roberto Lammoglia <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote:
> >Hello,
> >I have a dropdowndatawindow named dw_sel_dep that contain a column named
> >cd_department (type dddw with allowing edit property set on).
> >
> >When i try to use:
> >
> >    dw_sel_dep.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str) // to add an
empty
> >row
> >    dw_sel_dep.setfocus() // to set focus on
> >
> >i have not the curson within the cd_department column
> >
> >Why ?? What is missing ??
> >
> >TIA
> >Roby

0
Roberto
6/8/2004 2:07:12 PM
Set focus on the control first, then set column.
If you want to change the contents of the DDDW, you need to use GetChild to
get a reference to it.

"Roberto Lammoglia" <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote in message
> Dear Williams,
>
> as you said me, i tried to use
>                         dw_sel_dep.setcolumn("nr_bobina")
>                         dw_sel_dep.setfocus()
>
> but with previuos wrong effect.
>
> Thank you
>
> "Williams" <wbenichou@webmail.altensi.fr> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Have you tried to use setColumn rather than setFocus?
> >
> > On 8 Jun 2004 02:31:31 -0700,
> >  in sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
> > Roberto Lammoglia <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote:
> > >Hello,
> > >I have a dropdowndatawindow named dw_sel_dep that contain a column
named
> > >cd_department (type dddw with allowing edit property set on).
> > >
> > >When i try to use:
> > >
> > >    dw_sel_dep.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str) // to add an
> empty
> > >row
> > >    dw_sel_dep.setfocus() // to set focus on
> > >
> > >i have not the curson within the cd_department column
> > >
> > >Why ?? What is missing ??
> > >
> > >TIA
> > >Roby

0
Jerry
6/8/2004 2:51:41 PM
Dear Jerry,
now I use following notation:

dw_sel_nr_bob.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str) // to pupulate with
1 null row
dw_sel_nr_bob.setfocus()
dw_sel_nr_bob.setcolumn("nr_bobina")

but i have not focus on the dddw, something was wrong ??

Thank
Roberto

"Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.nospam> wrote in message
> Set focus on the control first, then set column.
> If you want to change the contents of the DDDW, you need to use GetChild
> get a reference to it.
>
> "Roberto Lammoglia" <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote in message
> > Dear Williams,
> >
> > as you said me, i tried to use
> >                         dw_sel_dep.setcolumn("nr_bobina")
> >                         dw_sel_dep.setfocus()
> >
> > but with previuos wrong effect.
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > "Williams" <wbenichou@webmail.altensi.fr> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Have you tried to use setColumn rather than setFocus?
> > >
> > > On 8 Jun 2004 02:31:31 -0700,
> > >  in sybase.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
> named

> > empty

0
Roberto
6/8/2004 3:25:13 PM
Can you get the focus there by clicking on it?

> Dear Jerry,
> now I use following notation:
>
> dw_sel_nr_bob.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str) // to pupulate
with
> 1 null row
> dw_sel_nr_bob.setfocus()
> dw_sel_nr_bob.setcolumn("nr_bobina")
>
> but i have not focus on the dddw, something was wrong ??
>
> Thank
> Roberto
>
> "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.nospam> wrote in message
> > Set focus on the control first, then set column.
> > If you want to change the contents of the DDDW, you need to use GetChild
> > get a reference to it.
> >
> > "Roberto Lammoglia" <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote in message
> > > Dear Williams,
> > >
> > > as you said me, i tried to use
> > >                         dw_sel_dep.setcolumn("nr_bobina")
> > >                         dw_sel_dep.setfocus()
> > >
> > > but with previuos wrong effect.
> > >
> > > Thank you
> > >
> > > "Williams" <wbenichou@webmail.altensi.fr> wrote in message

> > named

> > > empty

0
Jerry
6/8/2004 3:36:44 PM
Yes, if i click i get the focus.

> Can you get the focus there by clicking on it?
>
> "Roberto Lammoglia" <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote in message
> > Dear Jerry,
> > now I use following notation:
> >
> > dw_sel_nr_bob.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str) // to pupulate
> with
> > 1 null row
> > dw_sel_nr_bob.setfocus()
> > dw_sel_nr_bob.setcolumn("nr_bobina")
> >
> > but i have not focus on the dddw, something was wrong ??
> >
> > Thank
> > Roberto
> >
> > "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.nospam> wrote in message
> > > Set focus on the control first, then set column.
> > > If you want to change the contents of the DDDW, you need to use
GetChild
> > > get a reference to it.
> > >
> > > "Roberto Lammoglia" <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote in message

> > > named

> an

0
Roberto
6/9/2004 9:58:21 AM
I just read the earlier posts again. You need to setcolumn on the parent
column, not the DDDW.

> Yes, if i click i get the focus.
>

> "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.nospam> wrote in message
> > Can you get the focus there by clicking on it?
> >
> > "Roberto Lammoglia" <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote in message
> > > Dear Jerry,
> > > now I use following notation:
> > >
> > > dw_sel_nr_bob.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str) // to pupulate
> > with
> > > 1 null row
> > > dw_sel_nr_bob.setfocus()
> > > dw_sel_nr_bob.setcolumn("nr_bobina")
> > >
> > > but i have not focus on the dddw, something was wrong ??
> > >
> > > Thank
> > > Roberto
> > >
> > > "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.nospam> wrote in message
> GetChild

> column

> add
> > an

0
Jerry
6/9/2004 3:03:34 PM
Jerry, i am sorry but i don't know how to use setcolumn on the parent
column. Can you help me ?

> I just read the earlier posts again. You need to setcolumn on the parent
> column, not the DDDW.
>
> "Roberto Lammoglia" <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote in message
> > Yes, if i click i get the focus.
> >

> > "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.nospam> wrote in message
> > > Can you get the focus there by clicking on it?
> > >
> > > "Roberto Lammoglia" <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote in message

> > > with

> > GetChild

> > column

> > add
> > > an

0
Roberto
6/9/2004 3:31:33 PM
>I have a dropdowndatawindow named dw_sel_dep that contain a  column
>named cd_department (type dddw with allowing edit property set on).
>When i try to use:    dw_sel_dep.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str)
> to add an empty row
I'm reading this to mean the DW object for the DDDW is nr_bobina. You need
to SetColumn ('cd_department')

> Jerry, i am sorry but i don't know how to use setcolumn on the parent
> column. Can you help me ?
>
> "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.nospam> wrote in message
> > I just read the earlier posts again. You need to setcolumn on the parent
> > column, not the DDDW.
> >
> > "Roberto Lammoglia" <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote in message
> > > Yes, if i click i get the focus.
> > >

> > > "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.nospam> wrote in message

> pupulate

> > > GetChild

> > > column

> > > add

0
Jerry
6/9/2004 6:00:29 PM
I am sorry, but my original description was wrong.
Situation is the following:

1) I have an dw object named dw_nr_sel_bobina that have only one field (type
dddw) named nr_bobina.
2) I need to blank this dddw and get the focus in field to allow user insert
some data.
3) When i use

dw_sel_nr_bob.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str) // where
os_appl.s_null_str = null
dw_sel_nr_bob.setfocus()
dw_sel_nr_bob.setcolumn("nr_bobina")

no focus i got, but when i click (with the mouse) on the dw dw_sel_nr_bob i
got focus.

It's very strange, Jerry.

Thank a lot.

> >I have a dropdowndatawindow named dw_sel_dep that contain a  column
> >named cd_department (type dddw with allowing edit property set on).
> >When i try to use:
dw_sel_dep.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str)
> > to add an empty row
> I'm reading this to mean the DW object for the DDDW is nr_bobina. You need
> to SetColumn ('cd_department')
>
> "Roberto Lammoglia" <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote in message
> > Jerry, i am sorry but i don't know how to use setcolumn on the parent
> > column. Can you help me ?
> >
> > "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.nospam> wrote in message
> > > I just read the earlier posts again. You need to setcolumn on the
parent
> > > column, not the DDDW.
> > >
> > > "Roberto Lammoglia" <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote in message

> > pupulate

> on).

//

0
Roberto
6/10/2004 6:57:57 AM
The first (only in this case) editable field should get focus when the DW
control gets focus, without needing a SetColumn.
How do you tell that it does not have focus? Are you setting Focus
Rectangle? Can you open the dropdown with Alt+Down Arrow?

> I am sorry, but my original description was wrong.
> Situation is the following:
>

> 1) I have an dw object named dw_nr_sel_bobina that have only one field
(type
> dddw) named nr_bobina.
> 2) I need to blank this dddw and get the focus in field to allow user
insert
> some data.
> 3) When i use
>
> dw_sel_nr_bob.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str) // where
> os_appl.s_null_str = null
> dw_sel_nr_bob.setfocus()
> dw_sel_nr_bob.setcolumn("nr_bobina")
>
> no focus i got, but when i click (with the mouse) on the dw dw_sel_nr_bob
> got focus.
>
> It's very strange, Jerry.
>
> Thank a lot.
>

> "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.nospam> wrote in message
> > >I have a dropdowndatawindow named dw_sel_dep that contain a  column
> > >named cd_department (type dddw with allowing edit property set on).
> > >When i try to use:
> dw_sel_dep.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str)
> > > to add an empty row
> > I'm reading this to mean the DW object for the DDDW is nr_bobina. You
need
> > to SetColumn ('cd_department')
> >
> > "Roberto Lammoglia" <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote in message
> > > Jerry, i am sorry but i don't know how to use setcolumn on the parent
> > > column. Can you help me ?
> > >
> > > "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.nospam> wrote in message
> parent

> > > pupulate

> use

> > on).

dw_sel_dep.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str)
> //

0
Jerry
6/10/2004 3:00:58 PM
After the command  dw_sel_nr_bob.setfocus() i have not the cursor (default
cursor) on the editable dddw field. I tried to push Alt+Down Arrow but never
occour. When i click with mouse on field i got cursor on and i can push
Alt+Down Arrow with succesfull beaviour.

> The first (only in this case) editable field should get focus when the DW
> control gets focus, without needing a SetColumn.
> How do you tell that it does not have focus? Are you setting Focus
> Rectangle? Can you open the dropdown with Alt+Down Arrow?
>
> "Roberto Lammoglia" <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote in message
> > I am sorry, but my original description was wrong.
> > Situation is the following:
> >

> > 1) I have an dw object named dw_nr_sel_bobina that have only one field
> (type
> > dddw) named nr_bobina.
> > 2) I need to blank this dddw and get the focus in field to allow user
> insert
> > some data.
> > 3) When i use
> >
> > dw_sel_nr_bob.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str) // where
> > os_appl.s_null_str = null
> > dw_sel_nr_bob.setfocus()
> > dw_sel_nr_bob.setcolumn("nr_bobina")
> >
> > no focus i got, but when i click (with the mouse) on the dw
dw_sel_nr_bob
> > got focus.
> >
> > It's very strange, Jerry.
> >
> > Thank a lot.
> >

> > "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.nospam> wrote in message
> > dw_sel_dep.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str)
> > > I'm reading this to mean the DW object for the DDDW is nr_bobina. You
> need
> > > to SetColumn ('cd_department')
> > >
> > > "Roberto Lammoglia" <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote in message

> > parent

> > use

> message

dw_sel_dep.setcolumn("nr_bobina")

> contain
> set
> > > on).

> dw_sel_dep.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str)
> > //

0
Roberto
6/11/2004 7:28:19 AM
Maybe some posted code is stealing focus? Try yield() before setfocus.

> After the command  dw_sel_nr_bob.setfocus() i have not the cursor (default
> cursor) on the editable dddw field. I tried to push Alt+Down Arrow but
never
> occour. When i click with mouse on field i got cursor on and i can push
> Alt+Down Arrow with succesfull beaviour.
>

> "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.nospam> wrote in message
> > The first (only in this case) editable field should get focus when the
DW
> > control gets focus, without needing a SetColumn.
> > How do you tell that it does not have focus? Are you setting Focus
> > Rectangle? Can you open the dropdown with Alt+Down Arrow?
> >
> > "Roberto Lammoglia" <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote in message
> > > I am sorry, but my original description was wrong.
> > > Situation is the following:
> > >

> > > 1) I have an dw object named dw_nr_sel_bobina that have only one field
> > (type
> > > dddw) named nr_bobina.
> > > 2) I need to blank this dddw and get the focus in field to allow user
> > insert
> > > some data.
> > > 3) When i use
> > >
> > > dw_sel_nr_bob.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str) // where
> > > os_appl.s_null_str = null
> > > dw_sel_nr_bob.setfocus()
> > > dw_sel_nr_bob.setcolumn("nr_bobina")
> > >
> > > no focus i got, but when i click (with the mouse) on the dw
> dw_sel_nr_bob
> > > got focus.
> > >
> > > It's very strange, Jerry.
> > >
> > > Thank a lot.
> > >

> > > "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.nospam> wrote in message
> > > dw_sel_dep.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str)
You
> > need

> parent

> > > parent

> > > use

> > message

> dw_sel_dep.setcolumn("nr_bobina")

> message

> > contain
> > set

> > dw_sel_dep.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str)
> > > //

0
Jerry
6/11/2004 2:54:14 PM
Ok Jerry, now all work fine. Thank you very much for your help !!!

> Maybe some posted code is stealing focus? Try yield() before setfocus.
>
> "Roberto Lammoglia" <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote in message
> > After the command  dw_sel_nr_bob.setfocus() i have not the cursor
(default
> > cursor) on the editable dddw field. I tried to push Alt+Down Arrow but
> never
> > occour. When i click with mouse on field i got cursor on and i can push
> > Alt+Down Arrow with succesfull beaviour.
> >

> > "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.nospam> wrote in message
> > > The first (only in this case) editable field should get focus when the
> DW
> > > control gets focus, without needing a SetColumn.
> > > How do you tell that it does not have focus? Are you setting Focus
> > > Rectangle? Can you open the dropdown with Alt+Down Arrow?
> > >
> > > "Roberto Lammoglia" <NOSPAMrlamm@becromal.it> wrote in message

> > > (type
> > > insert

> > dw_sel_nr_bob

> You
> > > need

> > parent

> the

> message

//

> message

> > > message

> > dw_sel_dep.setcolumn("nr_bobina")

> > message

> setFocus?

> > > contain
> property
> > > set

> > > dw_sel_dep.setitem(1,"nr_bobina",os_appl.s_null_str)

> column

0
Roberto

Set focus on dw column
Is there any way of setting focus to a datawindow column. Whenever I open a window or add a row I have to click on the first row in the datawindow to then start tabbing through the fields. Setfocus doesn't seem to work on the datawindow but it does with other objects like the singlelineedit. Any ideas? dw.SetColumn ("colname") dw.SetFocus () Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten Michael K wrote: > Is there any way of setting focus to a datawindow column. Whenever I > open a window or add a row I have to click on the first ...

Set Focus in DW column
I have a small problem. I have a datawindow with 2 columns in a tabular format. Tab order has been set in the data window. Both of the columns are numeric(7,2). I set focus to the DW and focus is set to the first column as it should be. The problem comes in that because it is numeric and no data is there (I insert a row to add data) a "0" is in the column and the cursor is sitting in front of this "0". I want the whole column selected so that the user does not have to delete the "0". What do I need to do? I could find this in any docs. Thanks fo...

Set Focus on Column in external datawindow
How do I set the focus to a column in an external datawindow ? Specifically: I have an external dw with an editable column. After the user edits the column, a remote object validates the entry. If validation fails, I want the focus to go back to the column, with the text selected. I tried to use the itemchanged event (returning 1) but that seems to trigger the datawindow validation message, and I need to display different messages depending on what the user typed. SetColumn doesn't work either, the cursor always goes to the next column in the tab order. I guess the fact that I...

Set focus to a field/column in DW
Hi all, How to write the script to set the focus to a field/column in DW? Thanks! this.SetColumn('column_name') should work. HTH. Ben McBride Chan wrote: > Hi all, > > How to write the script to set the focus to a field/column in DW? > > Thanks! Try using setcolumn() and setrow(). These will set the current context, however if the row and column are not visible you also need to use scrollrotow(). Unfortuntely there is no scrolltocolumn method. -- ________________________________________________________________ Alex Whitney ...

problem setting focus to datawindow-column
I have a screen with several datawindows on it. When the values in these dw's are checked, a message will appear and the focus should be set back to the right dw and column in that dw, but I can't get this to happen correctly. I keep getting the focus back to the first column in the first dw on the screen! When the checks are performed, a few windowfunctions are triggered, as well as a few user events. I'm under the impression that the 'getfocus'-events of all the dw's are triggered first when the messagebox disappears and the focus is back on the screen. I kn...

setting datawindow property of a dddw-style column
dear forum, how do I set the datawindow property of a dddw-style column dynamically? so far, I can only set the display column and data column using the following: dw_1.object.filtervalue.dddw.datacolumn = "custid" dw_1.object.filtervalue.dddw.displaycolumn = "custnm" any idea of how to set column filtervalue datawindow to "dddw_customer" ?? best regards, Rony dw_1.object.filtervalue.dddw.name = "dddw_customer" "Rony Santoso" <rony_xg@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:42690f6c@forums-2-dub... > dear forum, ...

problem setting focus to datawindow-column #2
I have a screen with several datawindows on it. When the values in these dw's are checked, a message will appear and the focus should be set back to the right dw and column in that dw, but I can't get this to happen correctly. I keep getting the focus back to the first column in the first dw on the screen! When the checks are performed, a few windowfunctions are triggered, as well as a few user events. I'm under the impression that the 'getfocus'-events of all the dw's are triggered first when the messagebox disappears and the focus is back on the screen. I kn...

setting the focus to a row/column of a web datawindow
Hi all, I'd like to set the input focus for a html page containing a web datawindow to a certain row and column (first row, column "username"). of the datawindow. For the time being I've succes using document.dwClient_dataForm.username_0.focus(); in a function called in the onLoad() event of the page. Just to be sure, is that the correct method to achieve what I want? I thought it should be something like dwClient.SetRow(1); dwClient.SetColumn("username"); dwClient.SetFocus(); but this fails claiming that dwClient has no properties. ...

Set value to DDDW column of the Web DataWindow
I can't set value to the DropDownDataWidnow column of the Web Datawindow. I can set value to the non-DDDW column. Is this a bug? Any help would be appreciated. Kevin Kevin, You can also do this with the HTMLGenerator component with client-side script. For example, if the itemchanged event you can use setitem. dwMine.SetItem(row,columnname,value) Does that help? -- Larry Cermak [Team Sybase] Corporate Technology Partners, Inc. www.ctpartners.com Web DataWindow Articles http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001708 Kevin Dinh wrote in message ....

set focus to first column on web datawindow
How do I have the focus set to the first column on my web datawindow when the page is loaded? Jon Groves This is not the right group for questions about HTMLDW. The right group is: sybase.public.easerver.htmldw Did you try SetColumn("columnname")? -- Rahul Jain On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:47:28 -0500, Jonathan Groves wrote: > How do I have the focus set to the first column on my web datawindow when > the page is loaded? > > Jon Groves thank you "Rahul Jain" <rahul.jain@mail.com> wrote in message news:4aocjhjv8l5u.q3uh6378neyt.dlg...

how to set input focus to the specific row and column in DW
Hi, I have a scenario where I have to add a new row to datawindow and set the input focus to the specific column in the new row (which column is it depends on other program parameters). How can I do it? Thanks, Mirek Use Scrolltorow( al_newrow), SetRow(al_newrow), Setcolumn(as_colname), ... > Hi, > I have a scenario where I have to add a new row to > datawindow and set the input focus to the specific column > in the new row (which column is it depends on other > program parameters). How can I do it? Thanks, > Mirek > > ...

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

Setting column's property in a datawindow from composite datawindow
Hi I know this is easy but I cant get it to work. I have two datawindows controls (dw_1, dw_2) in a composite datawindow (dw_report). I want to change Text of a header column of dw_2, so I try it using: 1. GetChild and Modify ------ datawindowchild ldw_child Int li_Rtn String ls_Error dw_Report.SetTransObject ( SQLCA ) li_Rtn = dw_Report.GetChild ( "dw_2", ldw_Child ) /* This returns 1, no problem */ If li_Rtn = 1 Then ls_Error = ldw_Child.Modify ( "item_number_t.Text = ~'New Text~' ") /* ls_Error is empty string, no problem, but report do...

To set/not to set 'Visible' property of datawindow columns ?
Hello, If I have a datawindow and I have say 10 columns in the datawindow, which retrieve data, but need not be displayed... Is it advisable to set the 'Visible' property to '0' for such columns or does it have no performance impact at all ? TIA, Ganesh It's probably more advisable to delete the DW Column Objects. Deleting the objects in the presentation layer just means that the values are not visible; these data set column values are still accessible through Get/SetItem()'s, dw expressions, etc... Good luck, Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel...

Web resources about - how to set focus on a dddw column in a dw - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Politics, Political News - The Capitol Column
Covering the politics of science, technology, business, entertainment, Capitol Hill, and health.

Column (typography) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In typography , a column is one or more vertical blocks of content positioned on a page, separated by gutters and/or rules . Columns are most ...

Column 8
More on the pointless &quot;rebranding&quot; of passengers as &quot;guests&quot; and other labelling gymnastics (Column 8, for some days), from ...

Column 8
Ah, Boxing Day &ndash; when the ruins of Yuletide feasts and ransacked cellars are flensed&#8203; and gargled, cricketers and sailors bake in ...

Becoming The Perfect Faculty Member: An Advice Column
What is tenure all about? Selfish preservation of yourself without regard to the institution, of course.

An NYT ‘Weddings’ Column for the Ages
About the only thing missing from Jamie Diamond ’s epic backgrounder on the Dec. 5 Los Angeles wedding of comedienne Carol Leifer and real estate ...

Patt Rall Column: The arts and Bemidji go hand in hand
Bemidji Pioneer Patt Rall Column: The arts and Bemidji go hand in hand Bemidji Pioneer Watching Bridget O' Sullivan fulfilling her ambition ...

In the middle of a NYT column explaining research into human psychology: "It had no effect on people ...
... in the Middle East among people who identified as politically conservative. It had no effect on people who identified as liberal. The column ...

Tim O'Sullivan column:
Concord Monitor Tim O' Sullivan column: Concord Monitor Danny Ainge needs to acquire more talent. Young players like Smart and Olynyk need ...