How to realize datawindow with PowerBuilder

Hello group!
    I want to realize datawindow with PowerBuilder,thus client may develop
report themselves with the tool.I want some advice,or give me some URL of
similar sample.

I have a poor English,hehe.
thanks very much.

0
forums

Infomaker?

--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

*
Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition
and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded and small to
medium sized business environments for free!

http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html

*

iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com

*

"forums.sybase.com" <chenliang@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello group!
>     I want to realize datawindow with PowerBuilder,thus client may develop
> report themselves with the tool.I want some advice,or give me some URL of
> similar sample.
>
> I have a poor English,hehe.
> thanks very much.

0
Chris
1/13/2004 2:08:05 PM
Sounds like you want Crystal Reports.

> Hello group!
>     I want to realize datawindow with PowerBuilder,thus client may develop
> report themselves with the tool.I want some advice,or give me some URL of
> similar sample.
>
> I have a poor English,hehe.
> thanks very much.

0
DT

How to realize datawindow with PowerBuilder #2
Hello group! I want to realize datawindow with PowerBuilder,thus client may develop report themselves with the tool.I want some advice,or give me some URL of similar sample. thanks very much. ...

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Powerbuilder Datawindow
Hello, Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid etc. Thanks Chris What would you use the DataWindow for then? To retieve the datawindow into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid? I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it... On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote: >Hello, > >Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using >Datawindow.NET just by using common control...

Powerbuilder Datawindow Painter.
We have developed an application that allows user to create custom data entry windows using datawindow painter dw60.exe (PB 6.5.1). This works very well for our users who are non IT people. The problem we have is that dw60.exe is distributed with the Powerbuilder but not sold as a separate purchasable product. After discussions with Sybase representatives we have each user purchase a copy of Infomaker to make them 'legal'. We are not totally happy with this situation as we move forward to PB 8 also we are not sure if there is a dw80.exe or whether this will be supp...

PowerBuilder DataWindow #2
Hi all, I have a requirement to implement a master-detail sheet. That's ok. However, based on the user-logged-in credential, the user may OR may not be able to edit the details part. Now I can easily implement this by adding a constraint while updating the details' data. if user_can_edit then update end if The problem is this: If the user is not entitled to make changes, he is still able to put focus to the details' form data and modify (of course I am not updating it)...but the user can get a feeling "oh I am able to modify the data". Is it so...

Powerbuilder Datawindow Retrieve
I would like to create a dynamic datawindow retrieve. I have a list of datawindows with various types of retrieval arguments--some are arrays. I would like to pass a program the parameter and parameter type and have it dynamically build the retrieve. I've tried using the ANY variable type, but it doesn't work when the argument is an array. Does any one know of a way to "build" the retrieve statement on the fly, or something else to do? Thanks JBachman jbachman@worldnet.att.net -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.d...

PowerBuilder and Power++ Datawindows
We are still maintaining an old Power++ based application, which makes quite extensive use of DataWindows. Since using the DataWindows with a MS SQL Server 2005 (a customer requirement), we are looking for a solution where we can use the old Power++ SW with a more recent DataWindows implementation. Is this possible at all with PowerBuilder? Are we able to import or migrate the already existing *.pbl/*.pbd files? Os is DataWindows.NET a more feasible solution? TIA, Oliver Oliver wrote... > We are still maintaining an old Power++ based application, > which makes quite exten...

PowerBuilder Datawindow Bug
Folks, I just wanted to follow up with the work-arround I did on a PowerBuilder 8.0.3.9704 and SQL Server 2000 (latest patch) bug. The bug lies in the MSS database driver. Basically PowerBuilder truncates any string comprosed entirely of spaces to the empty string as it retrieves from the database to the datawindow. The solution for me was to wrap any candidate column with this scenario with a non-blank string (I used the string '##'), and then after datawindow retrieve, loop through datawindow, and remove the string from each side of the queried columns. Tons of overh...

Reusing Powerbuilder DataWindows
Does anyone have experience re-using DataWindows from an existing Powerbuilder App. in DataWindow.NET? It would seem possible from the documentation. It seems that there are some language restrictions (PFC?), but much else appears compatible. FYI: I'm not yet a Powerbuilder/DataWindow user, I'm just evaluating it for a possible project. You should be able to reuse all of your PowerBuilder datawindows objects. PFC is a set of foundation classes built on top of the base PowerBuilder classes (and then some), but standard DW's should work fine. Doug Porter DailyAccess C...

Printing a Datawindow in PowerBuilder
I have some problems properly printing a datawindow in PowerBuilder. When I print a document the printer will print the top half of the ast line on the third and bottom half of the line on the fourt page. In my datawindow I only have aboout four fields but the last one is a SQL Server "TEXT" field, so this field can store many pages of information. In the PowerBuilder Data Window I have the field set to auto size height. Another thing I have noticed that it prints differently on different computers, meaning it may print fine on one computer and not on another. S...

PowerBuilder down on opening a datawindow.
I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 on Windows XP and Oracle9i. Suddenly I cannot open any datawindow. Each time I tried to open datawindow with datawindow painter, PowerBulider gets down. Someone told me that changing default printer might help. But it didn't help. Please help me. Thanks. Several suggestions: First make a backup of the datawindow to another .pbl (you may even want to create a new .pbl just to hold the backup). 1) Try regenerating just the datawindow. 2) Try optimizing your .pbls then a full regeneration (back up all the .pbls first, again just as a ...

Web resources about - How to realize datawindow with PowerBuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles