How to give Expression for spin control property for a column in a grid datawindow

Hi Experts,

                 In a grid datawindow i have a numeric column(column1) whose
spin control property depends on the value of another column(column2).If
column2 value is 'P'(for percent) then  i want to have  spin control  for
column1 otherwise if column2 value is 'A'(for amount) then i don't want spin
control for column1. I tried  changing  the spin control property in the
itemchanged event but the changes occurs for all  rows irrespective of the
value of column1.

Please provide a trick to do the above.

Thanks in advance
Sree

0
sree

Two instances of the column, one with spin, one without. Put them one over
the other and use the visible property to show the one you want based on
column2 = 'P'

sree wrote in message ...
>Hi Experts,
>
>                 In a grid datawindow i have a numeric column(column1)
whose
>spin control property depends on the value of another column(column2).If
>column2 value is 'P'(for percent) then  i want to have  spin control  for
>column1 otherwise if column2 value is 'A'(for amount) then i don't want
spin
>control for column1. I tried  changing  the spin control property in the
>itemchanged event but the changes occurs for all  rows irrespective of the
>value of column1.
>
>Please provide a trick to do the above.
>
>Thanks in advance
>Sree

0
Jerry
5/31/2001 8:25:40 PM
Hi

       Thanks for ur suggestion.I tried this but   i am not able to position
the two instances of a column at the same position in a grid datawindow.

      How can we do this

Thanks in advance
Sree

Jerry Siegel <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> Two instances of the column, one with spin, one without. Put them one over
> the other and use the visible property to show the one you want based on
> column2 = 'P'
>
> sree wrote in message ...
> >Hi Experts,
> >
> >                 In a grid datawindow i have a numeric column(column1)
> whose
> >spin control property depends on the value of another column(column2).If
> >column2 value is 'P'(for percent) then  i want to have  spin control  for
> >column1 otherwise if column2 value is 'A'(for amount) then i don't want
> spin
> >control for column1. I tried  changing  the spin control property in the
> >itemchanged event but the changes occurs for all  rows irrespective of
the
> >value of column1.
> >
> >Please provide a trick to do the above.
> >
> >Thanks in advance
> >Sree

0
sree
5/31/2001 9:14:29 PM
Hi Jerry

  Thank u very much for ur suggestion.Please ignore my previous reply on ur
suggestion where i have told i am not able to position the two instances at
the same place.Now i can do that

It works now

Sree

sree <sree_tl@sybase.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
>        Thanks for ur suggestion.I tried this but   i am not able to
position
> the two instances of a column at the same position in a grid datawindow.
>
>       How can we do this
>
> Thanks in advance
> Sree
>

> Jerry Siegel <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> > Two instances of the column, one with spin, one without. Put them one
over
> > the other and use the visible property to show the one you want based on
> > column2 = 'P'
> >
> > sree wrote in message ...
> > >Hi Experts,
> > >
> > >                 In a grid datawindow i have a numeric column(column1)
> > whose
> > >spin control property depends on the value of another
column(column2).If
> > >column2 value is 'P'(for percent) then  i want to have  spin control
for
> > >column1 otherwise if column2 value is 'A'(for amount) then i don't want
> > spin
> > >control for column1. I tried  changing  the spin control property in
the
> > >itemchanged event but the changes occurs for all  rows irrespective of
> the
> > >value of column1.
> > >
> > >Please provide a trick to do the above.
> > >
> > >Thanks in advance
> > >Sree

0
sree

Datawindow, Protect property, add datawindow expression to control setting
There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an expression. Did you mean the ReadOnly property of the whole datawindow? Matthew Chestnut wrote in message <3c87c173.108123333@forums.sybase.com>... Oops, I was in a hurry when I entered this ... I meant to request an expression on the *Required* attribute for a datawindow column. On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 14:48:33 -0500, "Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote: >There is already a Protect property for datawindow columns which can be an >expression. Did you mean the Re...

DataWindows Expressions for contraints on grid datawindows...
This may seem like an unholy thing to do to a datawindow, but I ran into a place where it was appropriate. First, I decided that I wanted to use Don Roof's dropdownfilter service for datawindows, which is triggered by clicking on a small bitmap icon which is supposed to be positioned next to the column heading. This is fine for the tabular style that Don's samples used. However, I wanted to use a grid-style datawindow to allow my users to resize columns while the application is running. Unfortunately, the datawindow tries to resize the bitmap when the column is resized, makin...

How to get a column property in a datawindow column object expression?
Hi, I have a free style datawindow, I want such expression: columnA.x = IF(columnB.visible, columnB.x + 100, 200) Yes, you can get it in script, but I just want set it in datawindow. Anyone can help? Bo Song soong@188.net Hi Bo, AFAIK, you cannot reference object properties in the expression. That would be nice... -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 Bo Song <soong@188.net> wrote in message 36D52106.433CE9B2@188.net... >Hi, >I have a free style data...

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

Setting column's property in a datawindow from composite datawindow
Hi I know this is easy but I cant get it to work. I have two datawindows controls (dw_1, dw_2) in a composite datawindow (dw_report). I want to change Text of a header column of dw_2, so I try it using: 1. GetChild and Modify ------ datawindowchild ldw_child Int li_Rtn String ls_Error dw_Report.SetTransObject ( SQLCA ) li_Rtn = dw_Report.GetChild ( "dw_2", ldw_Child ) /* This returns 1, no problem */ If li_Rtn = 1 Then ls_Error = ldw_Child.Modify ( "item_number_t.Text = ~'New Text~' ") /* ls_Error is empty string, no problem, but report do...

Setting DataWindow column property with an expression
Hi - I must be doing something wrong that's obvious but I just can't see it. I have a datawindow column that I would like to make invisible if the value of the column is null. So I created the following expression in the "expression" box dialog that appears next to the "Visible" checkbox of the column's property tab. Not(IsNull(ecodocsubs_sheet_[0])) the column is called "ecodocsubs_sheet_" and i used 0 to get the current column's value, right? Anyway, I get every column of every row as invisible, regardless of the value of the ...

expression in column property in n-up datawindow
Hi, I have an N-up datawindow with 10 rows per detail. Each row contains a name and a state column. Depending on the state column, the name column should be visible/invisible. The problem is that if I refer to the state column in the visible property of the name column, it refers to the first row on the detail. Not to the row that the name column is on. I tried using computed column, but these need to be recalculated when the state column changes and this slows things down too much. Does anybody know if it's worth waiting for PB6.0, or is the n-up datawindow still working...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Moving columns in Grid Datawindows using datawindow painter -PB 8
I know - Evita - AGAIN???? :-) This is for my teammate who's going crazy. He has a grid datawindow of 4 columns and wants to move say column 4 between current columns 1 and 2 but whatever he does WON"T let him slide it over. Is there some setting he needs to set someplace or is he stuck? Thanks -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst Command Technlogies, Inc I'm not meaning when it's running...In design we need the column moved over from where it was (column 4) to where it needs to be (between current columns 1 and 2) Thanks Evita <Victo...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

Properties of a datawindow on a composite datawindow
I have a composite report that has 2 nested datawindows. At run time, I want to modify the dataobject of one of the nested datawindows on the report. I am using the GetChild function to get a reference to the nested datawindow on the report. Here's the code I am using. dw_maintain_code is the nested datawindow on dw_composite. li_rtn = dw_composite.GetChild("dw_maintain_code",ldw_child1) //get reference ls_rtn = ldw_child1.Modify('dw_maintain_code.dataobject = d_code_sync') li_rtn = dw_code_type_list.ShareData(ldw_child1) The Modify returns an empty str...

DataWindow editor 6.5 column's properties "expressions" tab
Hi, I'm on PB 6.0.1 (beta 2) and I'am waiting for PB 6.5.1 to upgrade. To those of you who are on PB 6.5, I'd like to know if in the DataWindow editor, in the column's properties "expressions" tab, you can set an expression for "Background.Mode". In PB 6.0.1 (beta 2), I can set an expression for "Background.Color", but not for "Background.Mode". If not, I will submit an enhancement request to Sybase for that property to be �expressionnable� in the DataWindow editor. In fact, if I Export a dataWindow, I can manually add an...

datawindow expressions using datacolumns from other datawindows
Is there a possibility to access datacolumns from other datawindows from a datawindow expression. In fact, I have two datawindows which have a master/detail-relation. For example I want to set a columns visible or protect property in the detail dw depending on the datavalue of a column in the master dw. Thanks Martin Martin, There is no direct way. You could, however, write a couple global functions... one to set a value, one to get a value (then call these from a computed field in the DW)... but you're probably better off doing this in a script. HTH, Greg -- ...

Web resources about - How to give Expression for spin control property for a column in a grid datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Closed-form expression - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , an expression is said to be a closed-form expression if it can be expressed analytically in terms of a finite number of certain ...

Joe Rogan's Facial Expression After Ronda Rousey Got Knocked Out Was Priceless - Bleacher Report
Joe Rogan 's face spoke for us all Saturday night. After UFC superstar Ronda Rousey got knocked out by a lethal kick from Holly Holm, the commentator ...

Jack Dorsey: 'Twitter stands for freedom of expression'
Newly-instated CEO Jack Dorsey laid out Twitter's commitment to open dialogue, in a keynote on stage at today's Twitter Flight developer conference ...

Make your technology a force for musical expression with this digital guitar
Computers, tablets, even iPhones have grown into powerful tools for music making, but for many who play guitar the bridge from analog instrument ...

Computers learn how to spot hidden facial expressions
Machines are good at spotting obvious emotions like smiles, but they're not so hot at detecting the extremely brief microexpressions that reveal ...

Turkey's YouTube Ban Violated Freedom Of Expression, European Court Rules
A YouTube ban in Turkey that lasted two years has now been ruled a violation of the European Convention on Human Rights. Back in 2008, a Turkish ...

Redbubble, A Profitable Channel For Artistic Expression
There is a growing movement of people who never want to follow a trend. Instead they embrace their own creative self-expression and are just ...

Smile!: Impressive Real-Time Facial Expression Transfer
This is a video from Stanford University of a system developed to transfer one person's facial expressions in real time to a live video feed ...

How Facial Recognition Uses Super-Simple Patterns to Understand Your Expression
Facial recognition systems use all kinds of clever software to work out who you are and even how you’re feeling. But in this video explainer, ...

Expressions of Solidarity for France in Red, White and Blue
ABC News Expressions of Solidarity for France in Red, White and Blue ABC News This photograph made available on Saturday Nov. 14, 2015, shows ...