How do I change the bar color in a bar graph?

How do I change the 'bar' color in a bar graph that is in a
dw?

I am using PB 11.2 Build 8616.
0
Anthony

setSeriesStyle() or setDataStyle().

Any chance to upgrade to 11.5?  The graph engine got a complete overhaul and
now uses DirectX...

--
Paul Horan[Sybase]
paulhoran.pbdjmagazine.com

<Anthony> wrote in message news:49e3689b.428.1681692777@sybase.com...
> How do I change the 'bar' color in a bar graph that is in a
> dw?
>
> I am using PB 11.2 Build 8616.

0
Paul
4/13/2009 6:12:41 PM
I tried using SetDataStyle and it does not work. The return
code is always -1.  There must be a bug in this function...

> setSeriesStyle() or setDataStyle().
>
> Any chance to upgrade to 11.5?  The graph engine got a
> complete overhaul and  now uses DirectX...
>
> --
> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> paulhoran.pbdjmagazine.com
>
> <Anthony> wrote in message
> > news:49e3689b.428.1681692777@sybase.com... How do I
> > change the 'bar' color in a bar graph that is in a dw?
> >
> > I am using PB 11.2 Build 8616.

0
Anthony
4/13/2009 8:22:28 PM
I've used it in 10.5 without problems.

Did you create an event mapped to pbm_dwngraphcreate ?

This.SetDataStyle ( "gr_leaseop", 1, i, Foreground!, rgb(0,128,0) )  // dark
green
This.SetDataStyle ( "gr_leaseop", 2, i, LineColor!, rgb(0,0,128) )  // dark
blue

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

<Anthony> wrote in message news:49e39f04.aea.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I tried using SetDataStyle and it does not work. The return
> code is always -1.  There must be a bug in this function...
>

>> setSeriesStyle() or setDataStyle().
>>
>> Any chance to upgrade to 11.5?  The graph engine got a
>> complete overhaul and  now uses DirectX...
>>
>> --
>> Paul Horan[Sybase]
>> paulhoran.pbdjmagazine.com
>>
>> <Anthony> wrote in message
>> > news:49e3689b.428.1681692777@sybase.com... How do I
>> > change the 'bar' color in a bar graph that is in a dw?
>> >
>> > I am using PB 11.2 Build 8616.

0
Terry
4/13/2009 8:41:13 PM
Thank you. It worked when I created an event mapped to
pbm_dwngraphcreate just as you asked.
Now, if I can just be able to reduce the height of the graph
object in the DW to a minimum enough of a height so that the
graph text does not become unreadable. Any thoughts on that?
Do you know what I mean?

> I've used it in 10.5 without problems.
>
> Did you create an event mapped to pbm_dwngraphcreate ?
>
> This.SetDataStyle ( "gr_leaseop", 1, i, Foreground!,
> rgb(0,128,0) )  // dark  green
> This.SetDataStyle ( "gr_leaseop", 2, i, LineColor!,
> rgb(0,0,128) )  // dark  blue
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> product enhancement requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> <Anthony> wrote in message
> news:49e39f04.aea.1681692777@sybase.com... >I tried using
> > SetDataStyle and it does not work. The return code is
> always -1.  There must be a bug in this function... >
> >
> >> setSeriesStyle() or setDataStyle().
> >>
> >> Any chance to upgrade to 11.5?  The graph engine got a
> >> complete overhaul and  now uses DirectX...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> >> paulhoran.pbdjmagazine.com

> dw? >> >

0
Anthony

How to change the color of a bar in a bar chart
 For the life of me, I can't find how to change the color of the bar in a bar chart. It seems like it would be a simple thing, but I can't find anything in the properties that seems to relate to it. I have a bar chart with subtype as "bar chart" -- i.e., just a bar for each data point, either positive or negative.  The positive should be blue; the negative red.  As it is now, the default color for positive is blue, for negative green, but management does not like that color combo. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance...Cynthia Hi,   I'm talking out of my hat a bit o...

Change bar chart color by bar value
I've managed to get my bar chart to show 2 colors by the following code in reportviewer; =IIF(Sum(Fields!AvgScore.Value) > 90, "Goldenrod", "Silver")  but I need to nest another IIF statement that says if it is less than 80 a different set of colors.  I can't seem to get the syntax right for this.. is it even possible? =IIF(Sum(Fields!AvgScore.Value) >90, "Goldenrod",IIF(Sum(Fields!AvgScore.Value) <80, "yourcol","Silver"))...

graph modify bar in bar graph
Hello all, I have one stacked bar chart, and I need to modify one or more of those bars on click. The goal is to enhance the clicked bar, so it sort of stands out from the rest. I would like to do this without changing the color of the bar. Does anyone know of a way of doing this? I am using PowerBuilder 10.5 Thank you You're best bet would probably be to use a 3rd party graphing component. On 7/30/2010 9:21 AM, HA wrote: > Hello all, > > I have one stacked bar chart, and I need to modify one or > more of those bars on click. The goal is to enhance the ...

Change Color of Bar Graph ???
I am trying to change the color of the bars from the default red to blue in a bar graph. Hopefully I can explain this w/o being too confusing... I have a window. On that window is a datawindow control whose dataobject property is set to a report that contains an additional report control. That additional report control (composite or nested report?) contains the graph control (gr_1) I need to edit. What is odd is that if I attempt to do this directly at the level of the report that contains the graph control the color will edit properly. But I am in need of an entire report (which is...

Graphs -- changing the color of the bars.
Hi! How do I change the bar colors on a graph in a datawindow? I do not want to change the order of the data going to those bars. Thanks! ...

Change Color of Bar Graph ???
I am trying to change the color of the bars from the default red to blue in a bar graph. Hopefully I can explain this w/o being too confusing... I have a window. On that window is a datawindow control whose dataobject property is set to a report that contains an additional report control. That additional report control (composite or nested report?) contains the graph control (gr_1) I need to edit. What is odd is that if I attempt to do this directly at the level of the report that contains the graph control the color will edit properly. But I am in need of an entire report (which is...

How change graph default bar color
Is there a way to change the default color that PB uses for graphs? All of my bar graphs come up, by default with the bars colored red. This will quickly run the red toner down. Would be nice if I could tell PB to change the color but haven't figured out how. Woody Splawn Hi, Check out the graphics service I put on my site. It shows you how to change the color at runtime. HTH -- - Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 Woody Splawn <splawnw@calweb.com> wrote ...

resizing the Bars on the Bar graph
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------038598C3C0E2814A78387BE8 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="------------F94323D490EB82F4BDCC7AD7" --------------F94323D490EB82F4BDCC7AD7 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Does anyone know how to change the width of the bars in a bar graph. For instance see attached ppt file. Thanks Ed Janek U.S Army (LSSC) ejanek@st-louis-emh2.army.mil 314-331-4386 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------F94323D490EB...

Graphs in a composite datawindow object
I have produced a number of datawindow objects of presentation style GRAPH and data source of Stored Procedure. The graph type is COLUMN and there is a Series of data presented (i.e., multple columns per category value). The colors chosen for these bars are; RED, GREEN, etc. My client does not like the fact that we are presenting column(bar) charts with Red, Green bars. (Note: a fairly common form of color blindness among men Red/Green color blindness.) How can I control the selection of color for the bars. Oh, one more piece of the puzzle. These graphic datawindow objects are...

InfoMaker
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not. If not, please tell me were I should post it. We are OEM partners w/Sybase and deploy ASA (version 8 and 9) and InfoMaker (versions 9 and 10.0) to our users. Our development language is Delphi and we do not have PowerBuilder nor do we plan on getting it. After dealing with some graphing issues with InfoMaker we were pointed here by Sybase Tech Support. We would like to be able to, in a future version of InfoMaker, specify which colors to use for each bar (or slice, etc.) in any given graph. Currently we can...

Bar below the browser bar (status bar???)
Name: Mike Harris Email: usmmmhatyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Bar below the browser bar (status bar???) Comments: I deleted 1.5 and installed 2.0. Still could not remove the bar below the browser bar. Is this the status bar? Why does not unchecking the status bar on the View selection of the toolbar not remove this bar? Somehow of other I got it tonight for the first time and could not remove it. So I uninstalled the 1.5 and went to yr website and installed 2.0. Nothing changed. Any suggestions? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; ...

Does PowerBuilder 9.0 support changing color of a bar in nested report?
Hi, I got an answer saying that in v11.0 or v11.5, it is possible to change the color of a bar in a bar graph of nested report, using SetDataColor() function call. Is that also possible for version 9? For PB10 SetDataColor() was introduced for Web ActiveX targets. I don't believe this was in PB9 and only applies to Web ActiveX. SetDataStyle() can be used for PB DWs. Regards, John <Jaemin Lee> wrote in message news:4910c36f.2a91.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > > I got an answer saying that in v11.0 or v11.5, it is > possible to change the color of a...

How do I change colors of graph bars (IM 8.0/IM 10.0)
Dear all, I just created an IM graph report (colstacked 3D object) and tried to change the default BAR COLORS (red/green/blue) into my own color sample, didn't find a way besides changing text or background colors. Is there any way to customize them? Many thanks for your hint! Best regards Heike As far as I know, you can't. In PB you can use powerscript to change it, but not in IM. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <...

Stacked bar with line bar graph
I am having trouble with line bar on stacked bar in the chart. I hope someone will help me. I am using CR11 with full .net developer version.Regarding problem, I have to create stacked bar with line bar on the top of it. I have quarters (which is X axes) and 5 different type of spend total and % of order as line bar. In CR design, it shows only 4 series and not 6 after mapping to stored procedure. Is there any setting i can see all the series? I am not able to pick series for remaining 2, so that i can convert one of the series as line bar. I also need to change standard colors. that is not ...

Web resources about - How do I change the bar color in a bar graph? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Change Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Change Congress is an American organization that aims to end perceived corruption in the United States Congress by reducing what it considers ...

James Ackerman tribute: Calls for Sunshine Coast stadium name change
Queensland Senator Glenn Lazarus and former Wallabies coach John Connolly have called on the Sunshine Coast Council to rename its stadium to ...

New Ontario rules change what summer camps kids under 4 can attend
... four years old before they can attend summer day camps without early childhood educators. The province said it's trying to phase the changes ...

Why I Might Change My Name to 'Mom! You're So Weird'
Full Image: "Mom, you're so weird" is a phrase I hear daily out of my 17-year-old daughter. Unfortunately, I do not agree with her at all. I ...

How You Need To Change Your Sales Approach In a Digital World
This is going to be a succinct one, but it’s apparently a very difficult transition for a lot of organizations and individuals to make. Today, ...

NYU Study: Economics Of Climate Change Is A No-Brainer
As shown in numerous polls, most people in the US and elsewhere are concerned about the ecological effects of anthropogenic climate change. However, ...

How a 45,000-year-old mammoth carcass might change human history
Scientists unearthed evidence, in the form of a hunted mammoth, that humans were living remarkably far North in Siberia thousands of years earlier ...

How Apple’s wireless EarPods could change the way we hear everything
Recent reports suggest Apple might ship wireless, noise-canceling EarPods with the iPhone 7. From a hardware perspective, these headphones would ...

If Kidnapping Sailors Won’t Change The Administration’s Course With Iran, What Will?
If Kidnapping Sailors Won’t Change The Administration’s Course With Iran, What Will?

In the USA, Over 200 Million People Will Suffer Serious 'Psychological Distress' From Climate Change
“The incidences of mental and social disorders will rise steeply. These will include depressive and anxiety disorders...