How changing a datawindow attached in a datawindow control ?

Hi,

I would like to set a datawindow object in a datawindow control dinamically.
So I did:

dw_control1.DataObject = 'dw_object1'

The code doesn't work right when I have a EXE.

Someone could help me ?

Thanks,

Alvason
Uberl�ndia - Minas Gerais - Brazil

0
alvason

I suspect that the dataobject ('dw_object1', the actual datawindow that you
painted in the datawindow painter) is not being compiled into the .exe file,
since its only reference is the string 'dw_object1'.  If this is the case, you
need to compile the executable with a .PBR file that includes a reference to
dw_object1.  Look in the PB documentation for compiling a project using a .PBR
file...

alvason wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to set a datawindow object in a datawindow control dinamically.
> So I did:
>
> dw_control1.DataObject = 'dw_object1'
>
> The code doesn't work right when I have a EXE.
>
> Someone could help me ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alvason
> Uberl�ndia - Minas Gerais - Brazil

0
Lynn
10/18/1999 4:57:47 PM
dw_control1.DataObject = 'dw_object1'
.... is the correct syntax if
the name of the datawindow object is correct.

A classic reason for this to work in development,
but not in an EXE...is that the definition of the
datawindow object is not embedded into an EXE _if_
the _only_ reference to this datawindow object is
as a string in a dynamic assignment.

Try either creating a PBD/DLL from the PBL that
has the datawindow object in it...
....or try using a PBR file when generating your EXE.

A good discussion of PBR files is in the help file topic
"Creating the PowerBuilder application" under the
"Using PowerBuilder resource files" section.

In short, create a text file with a PBR extension that
contains the syntax:
my_lib.pbl(d_my_dw_object).
When you build your EXE point your project to this PBR file.

In article <ZDwlabYG$GA.299@forums.sybase.com>, alvason@tqi.com.br
says...

--
John Strano
[TeamSybase]

In article <ZDwlabYG$GA.299@forums.sybase.com>, alvason@tqi.com.br
says...
> Hi,
>
> I would like to set a datawindow object in a datawindow control dinamically.
> So I did:
>
> dw_control1.DataObject = 'dw_object1'
>
> The code doesn't work right when I have a EXE.
>
> Someone could help me ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alvason
> Uberl�ndia - Minas Gerais - Brazil

--
John Strano
[TeamSybase]
0
nichtspam_jstrano
10/18/1999 5:25:33 PM
1) Have you called the of_SetTransObject (PFC) or the SetTransObject?
2) Does the dw_Object1 exists...double check it and check again!!!! :-)
3) Check the Library Path
4) Does the Object exists elsewhere?

HTH

alvason <alvason@tqi.com.br> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to set a datawindow object in a datawindow control
dinamically.
> So I did:
>
> dw_control1.DataObject = 'dw_object1'
>
> The code doesn't work right when I have a EXE.
>
> Someone could help me ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alvason
> Uberl�ndia - Minas Gerais - Brazil

0
Ken
10/19/1999 8:23:32 PM
In order to do this you must ref this object in a pbr file so that the exe knows
where the object is (what pbl)
So in the pbr file you would say
test_pbl(dw_object1)

alvason wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to set a datawindow object in a datawindow control dinamically.
> So I did:
>
> dw_control1.DataObject = 'dw_object1'
>
> The code doesn't work right when I have a EXE.
>
> Someone could help me ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alvason
> Uberl�ndia - Minas Gerais - Brazil

--
Kenneth A. Drendel
ICQ# 34027019

0
Ken

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Datawindows with child datawindows

DataWindow Within DataWindow

datawindow

modifiyin a datawindow in a datawindow
Hi, When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just dw1.modify() But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow in a datwindow ? I tried : dw1.dw2.modify() but that doesn't work. Anyone can help me out with this ? thanks. Regards, David get the dw via getchild & apply modify In article <4575976f.4dda.1681692777@sybase.com>, David says... > Hi, > When I want to modify a datawindow, then it's just > dw1.modify() > > But what do I have to do when I want to modify a datawindow > in a datwindow ? > I tried : dw...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Binding DataWindow object to DataWindow control
When we create a datawindow object we can bind it to datawindow control which actually i dont know to do, so i have dragged and dropped the objects onto a window then the source code generated is something like this dw_window is my window dw_1 is datawindow object on the window forward global type dw_window from window end type type st_1 from statictext within dw_window end type type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window end type end forward What this line of code specify? type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window Is it that by dragging and dropping it automatically cr...

Add datawindow control for master datawindow
Hi, I hope you dont't mind an newbie question here. I am following the tutorial of the Getting Started PB5 manual and I am stuck in chapter 8 "Building Ancestor Windows". Here are the steps: 1. I create a new window ( a master/detail window)and want to add a control to be the master DataWindow in the applic. 2. I select the UserObj button and choose TUTOR_PB.PBL 3. When I click OK the manual tells me to click in the upper left corner but nothing happens: there is already a blanc window visible, which I can't move with the mouse. 4. I select Properties. The name ...

changing datawindow connection is breaking my datawindow SQL
Hi I have had to move a number of datawindows from Oracle 9i running on a windows 2003 to Oracle 9i on AIX 4.3.3 (which is also on a private network, and requires a VPN to connect to). In the datawindow designer, I have also had to change the database interface from O90 Oracle 9i to an ODBC datasource (because I was not able to connect). In doing so, I have had to graphically re-create all the DW SQL again because I get this error: Table "XYZ" has no columns, possible invalid table format. Do you want to continue in graphic mode? If I select "NO", the SQL is...

To find Datawindow Control name on the basis of datawindow
Can any one please help me, how can I find the datawindow control name on the basis os datawindow name, say for example I know the datawindow name, say d_test I want to the winsdow name or user object where the associated datawindow control is available. Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp At runtime or design time. At design time you could just do a target wide search for 'd_test' and see where it is used. Runtime you'd need to walk through objects, examining the dw object assigned to each dw c...

Vertical Scrollbar in datawindows control and dropdown datawindows
Hi 1. After migrating a PB application from PB5 to 6, the vertical scrolllbar in datawindow controls are always on after retrieving data, even if its only one row in the datawindow control and the control is not filled with rows. How can i solve that? 2. I also got problems with dropdowns based on datawindows and that they show some blank fields at the end of the list of the dopdown. A dropdown with for instance 20 choices, has 5 blank choices at the end of it. How can I avoid that? Torbj�rn Torbj�rn -- You're not seeing blank rows. You're seeing the eff...

DataWindow ColType is wrong in DataWindow Object, how do I change it?
Problem: rows = dw_1.Retrieve() crashes (returns -1) I know why it's doing it but I can't fix it. Here is what I have found. Initially I created a DataWindow Object called d_geninfo which saves data to the GENINFO table. Then, some months later, I changed the HOMEOWNER column in the GENINFO table from Char(1) to Char(16) and I created a second DataWindow Object d_geninfo_preferred that accesses the same GENINFO table. If I save data using d_geninfo_preferred that is more than 1 character long and I later retrieve it into d_geninfo it crashes. Now the goofy part. I...

Web resources about - How changing a datawindow attached in a datawindow control ? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo