How can I get the data from Nested Report, Any Clue

Hi guys,

Can anybody help me to get the data from nested report in
summary band. There are two rows and six columns in that
nested report. I would like to access and modify that datain
nested report. Does anyone here have any clue.

The first report has all the details and nested report has
grouping and both depends on a stored procedure to get the
data. I need to access that data and modify it.

I tried declaring child datawindow but that is getting whole
lot of data. What i need is only those two rows and 6
columns of data.

Thanks in advance
0
Syed

How about using dot notation?

i.e.
Column order_number's second row value in newsted report
dw_1 of
datawindow control dw_1

ll_order_number = dw_1.Object.dw_1.Object.order_number[2]

> Hi guys,
>
> Can anybody help me to get the data from nested report in
> summary band. There are two rows and six columns in that
> nested report. I would like to access and modify that
> datain nested report. Does anyone here have any clue.
>
> The first report has all the details and nested report has
> grouping and both depends on a stored procedure to get the
> data. I need to access that data and modify it.
>
> I tried declaring child datawindow but that is getting
> whole lot of data. What i need is only those two rows and
> 6 columns of data.
>
> Thanks in advance

How to get data from nested report in datawindow?
I am using PB6.5 I used an nested report in current datawindow to get some data from database and I need to use data retrieved from nested report to compute in current window , and I do not how? Any help is apreciated... Mladen Mladen, If your nested report is on a composite DW and it doesn't itself have nested reports in it then you can use GetChild() to get a ref to the nested report then use the ref to call typical DW functions. Use those functions to grab the data and do what you want with it. If GetChild() doesn't work (because your DW doesn't match...

How can I get the reference of nested report in datawindow?
I will like to insert or modify data in nested report. I am using pb65. thanks. simon Simon, Reference the DataWindow's GetChild() function in the on-line help. HTH Mark DeRosa CPD simon wrote in message ... >I will like to insert or modify data in nested report. >I am using pb65. > >thanks. > >simon > > GetChild() can only get reference to dddw or to a report in a composite dw. it can't get reference to nested report. simon Use the dot notation. e.g. dw_1.Object.nt_cutomer.Object.Data = dw_customer.Object.D...

Get Nested Report Data from a PSR Report
Hi there, is there a possibility to get a reference of a nested report which is in a PSR Report? It seems that the GetChild Method does not work (it returns -1) GetChild can't work for nested reports, since there is a possible occurrence for each detail row, and that's documented. You might take a look at dot notation - see the help topic "Syntax for nested objects". <Oliver> wrote in message news:40f54b9c.3c29.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi there, > > is there a possibility to get a reference of a nested report > which is in a PSR Report? ...

Getting data from a nested datawindow
Can I get the value of any column in a nested datawindow via runtime (script)? TIA How about the syntax specified in "Syntax for nested objects" in Powerbuilder help: dwcontrol.Object.nestedobjectname { [row ] } .Object.dwobjectname. property { .property } { = value } Example integer li_row FOR li_row = 1 to RowCount( ) IF dw_emp.Object.rank.Data = "M" THEN dw_emp.Object.rpt_salary[li_row].Object.salary.Background.Color = '255 ~t If(salary > 60000, 255, 0)' dw_emp.Object.rpt_salary[li_row].Object.salary.Background.Mode = 255 END...

Getting nested report data
Hi, I have a datawindow with nested reports. i want to write a generic function to get the data and syntax of the nested report. I can't use the dot notation (like dw_1.object.rep1.object.syntax.data) because i don't know the name of the report object at runtime. If you have any solution please help me. Thanks, Dharani. Dharani Babu adharani@velos.ssind.com Hi, Try with dw.getchild("columname",dwchild) function Only restriction is nested report is not an external type. regards Fred Dharani a �crit dans le message ... >Hi, > I have a dat...

how can i get a reference to a nested report?
TIA -- Savoulidis Iordanis Athens - Greece Look at the online help for the GetChild ( ) and datawindowchild object type. Savoulidis Iordanis wrote in message ... > >TIA >-- >Savoulidis Iordanis >Athens - Greece > > Getchild concerns only composite reports and dddws. Not what I need. I want to use RowsCopy() getting the rows from a NESTED report. You need to use dot notation. Suppose you have datawindowcontrol dw_1 which contains a nested report called d_report in the column col_report. dw_1.Object.col_report[1].Object.d_report dw_...

How to get data from a nested report?? Help!
Hi, I have a report d_partent and a nested report d_child. My question is: (1) In a computed field of d_parent is it possible to get data from d_child? I only see columns of d_parent there. (2) If possible, how? Thanks a lot! -Kevin The two datawindows can't refer to each other. However, you should be able to access the data in PowerScript and then apply it to the parent datawindow (i.e., computed column). On 31 Oct 2003 14:39:42 -0800, Kevin Y wrote: >Hi, > >I have a report d_partent and a nested report d_child. >My question is: > >(1) ...

where can i get a description of report data
I get these maintenance logs every week but I don't know what 1/2 the headers or columns with info are telling me? Is there a description somewhere of what these maintenance log statistics mean? "Robin Witkop-Staub" <robin.witkop-staub@no-spamravenind.com> wrote in news:0AVFe.9515$Y_1.5586@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com: > Is there a description > somewhere of what these maintenance log statistics mean? I don't know any. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you ...

How to get data from a nested report?? Help!
Hi, I have a IM report d_partent and a nested report d_child. My question is: (1) In d_parent is it possible to get data from d_child? (2) If possible, how? Thanks a lot! -Kevin Not possible. Or > Hi, > > I have a IM report d_partent and a nested report d_child. > My question is: > > (1) In d_parent is it possible to get data from d_child? > > (2) If possible, how? > > Thanks a lot! > > -Kevin With PB you can get some info using powerscript, but you don't have that option in IM. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http...

I can SEE the data, but I can't GET the data...which is the most important to me :/
I've got a linkbutton I click, which (in an update panel) posts back, queries a database for values, then searches the controls in another updatepanel and updates their Text fields with that data....that part works great. I then have a master button (not in an update panel) which is supposed to query those same controls, and concatinate the Text values.  This is the part which doesnt work when I click the LinkButton...however if I just manually enter the values then click the master, I get all my text. Any idea what might be going on? :( Look for JavaScript errors in your browse...

Urgent
Dear all, I'm using PB 6.5.1. I have a report with the following layout: Datawindow A contain Datawindow B, Datawindow B contain Datawindow C And I want to get a reference to Datawindow C. However, I tried to use GetChild() for Datawindow B. It retured -1. Thus, I also tried to get another Datawindow D which is nested in Datawindow A and no nested datawindow nested in it. Then, using GetChild is worked for this case. Am I missing something?? is there any other way round?? Any ideas or suggestion are welcome. Thanks in Advance. Best Regards, Andy Cheung ...

Can you access fields in a nested reports in a DataWindow?
I have a DataWindow with a nested report in the detail band. This report has a totals column in it. I was wondering if there was some way, without using another nested report, to give a Grand Total at the end of the report based on the values in the nested report. Off the top of my head, it seems you should be able to script this. That is, you can access the values in the nested report, sum them, and then insert them into a computed column on the parent datawindow. You also may be able to included a computed column on the parent datawindow that does the calculation for you. ...

How can i get data from SQL Report server?
Hi, We have a SQL 2005 Report server. There are defined reports in it. I want to call and capture that reports form web page (c#). How can i call and capture and use data in it? Thanks. Hi, As far as I can see, if you want to display the report in the web page, we could use the Web Service interface or the ReportViewer control to achieve. Please check the following link. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa237339(SQL.80).aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms169926.aspx In addition, could you tell us why you want to access the data from the Report Server? ...

Access to nested report data (from the datawindow painter?)
Is there any way to access nested report data from the datawindow painter? I would like to do a comparison between a value in the group trailer row and a value in the the nested report (which is also in the group trailer row) and (for instance) subtract one value from the other to show the difference). I understand that nested data can be accessed from powerscript using the datawindowchild functions, but I'm not sure how to parlay that into the kind of comparison I want to do. Oh, did I mention I'm using PB 6.5 (in case there are any differences in this area among various ve...

Web resources about - How can I get the data from Nested Report, Any Clue - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Latest Marketing, Tech, Social Media, and Blog Marketing Finds - The Friday Traffic Report
The Friday Traffic Report Home Blog Subscribe! About Jack and Jim Website Promotion Social, Tech, Marketing News Subscribe Now Latest Marketing, ...

Mile High Report - For Denver Broncos Fans
MileHighReport(MHR) is the ultimate independent resource for the Denver Broncos on the web. Along with MHR Radio, the official podcast of MHR, ...

the rajam report
… I kept having trouble with understanding what “mode” I was in, for lack of a better term. Specifically, it was weird that “glances” could only ...

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere
Rasmussen Reports - The best place to look for polls that are spot on

Insider Trading Report - Institutional Ownership & Insider Trades
Crude Futures Break Below $60, Supply Glut, Weak Demand... Asia Continues to Rally, India Shines, China...

Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2012-06-04/Special report - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Twenty female Wikimedia editors from around the world gathered at the National University of La Plata in Buenos Aires, Argentina, from 23–25 ...

Javorius Allen's Updated 2015 Fantasy Outlook After Justin Forsett's Injury - Bleacher Report
The Baltimore Ravens lost starting running back Justin Forsett to a broken arm in the first half of Sunday's game against the St. Louis Rams, ...

Pfizer, Allergan agree on blockbuster merger: reports
Deal, which would create world's biggest drugmaker, uses highly controversial method to drastically cut Pfizer's tax tab

New Report Provides Fossil Fuel Subsidy Reform Lessons From 15 Countries
A new report from the New Climate Economy highlights lessons learned from 15 countries who have undertaken reforms of fossil fuel subsidy policy. ...

Shoppers to splurge on this: Report
Wearables expected to be the most popular gadgets for holiday shoppers, despite weakening overall demand.