how can I get or set property to a graph datawindow in a composite datawindow?

I make a composite style datawindow. There is a graph style datawindow in
it.

I can't get or set the graph style datawindow 's property like title,
values.label and or so.
the graph style datawindow 's datasource is extern data.
I do it like this:
 datawindow dw_child
 dw_composite.getchild('graph', dw_child)
 dw_child.object.gr_1.title = 'hello'
It failed!

then I use this
 datastore ds_1
 ds_1 = create datastore
 ds_1.dataobject = 'data_graph'
 ds_1.object.gr_1.title = 'hello'
 datawindow dw_child
 dw_composite.getchild('graph', dw_child)
 ds_1.sharedata(dw_child)
It also failed!

But I can set the graph datawindow 's property not in the composite
datawindow.

Somebody help me!

Thanks in advance!

0
mmr

Try this:
 datawindow dw_child
 dw_composite.getchild('graph', dw_child)
 dw_composite.modify ("graph.title='Hello'")
It should work assuming your graph has a name 'graph'. I would use another
name because 'graph' is a keyword for datawindow.
Remember about single quotes around Hello.

Joanna

mmr napisa�(a) w wiadomo�ci: ...
>I make a composite style datawindow. There is a graph style datawindow in
>it.
>
>I can't get or set the graph style datawindow 's property like title,
>values.label and or so.
>the graph style datawindow 's datasource is extern data.
>I do it like this:
> datawindow dw_child
> dw_composite.getchild('graph', dw_child)
> dw_child.object.gr_1.title = 'hello'
>It failed!
>
>then I use this
> datastore ds_1
> ds_1 = create datastore
> ds_1.dataobject = 'data_graph'
> ds_1.object.gr_1.title = 'hello'
> datawindow dw_child
> dw_composite.getchild('graph', dw_child)
> ds_1.sharedata(dw_child)
>It also failed!
>
>But I can set the graph datawindow 's property not in the composite
>datawindow.
>
>Somebody help me!
>
>Thanks in advance!

0
Joanna
12/20/1999 5:27:47 AM
There 's some error in your program!

1.At first datawindowchild dw_child not datawindow dw_child.
2.dw_child.modify not dw_composite.modify
3.dw_child or dw_composite do not success!

Please test!

0
mmr
12/21/1999 8:26:39 AM
Sorry,
The first error I've copied from your code sample, the second was introduced
by myself. The code should look like this:

datawindowchild dw_child
dw_composite.getchild('graph', dw_child)
dw_child.modify ("graph.title='Hello'")

And this is a working sample from my program:
dw_1.getchild ("gr_1", ldwc_wykres)

ldwc_wykres.modify ("gr_1.values.dispattr.format ='[general]'")
ldwc_wykres.modify ("gr_1.values.label ='[tys. ton/dob�]'")
ldwc_wykres.modify ("gr_1.title ="+&
     "'�rednie wydobycie brutto ze �ciany" + &
 " w " + em_rok.text + " roku'")

Best regards
Joanna

mmr napisa�(a) w wiadomo�ci: ...
>There 's some error in your program!
>
>1.At first datawindowchild dw_child not datawindow dw_child.
>2.dw_child.modify not dw_composite.modify
>3.dw_child or dw_composite do not success!
>
>Please test!

0
Joanna

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

Properties of a datawindow on a composite datawindow
I have a composite report that has 2 nested datawindows. At run time, I want to modify the dataobject of one of the nested datawindows on the report. I am using the GetChild function to get a reference to the nested datawindow on the report. Here's the code I am using. dw_maintain_code is the nested datawindow on dw_composite. li_rtn = dw_composite.GetChild("dw_maintain_code",ldw_child1) //get reference ls_rtn = ldw_child1.Modify('dw_maintain_code.dataobject = d_code_sync') li_rtn = dw_code_type_list.ShareData(ldw_child1) The Modify returns an empty str...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Setting column's property in a datawindow from composite datawindow
Hi I know this is easy but I cant get it to work. I have two datawindows controls (dw_1, dw_2) in a composite datawindow (dw_report). I want to change Text of a header column of dw_2, so I try it using: 1. GetChild and Modify ------ datawindowchild ldw_child Int li_Rtn String ls_Error dw_Report.SetTransObject ( SQLCA ) li_Rtn = dw_Report.GetChild ( "dw_2", ldw_Child ) /* This returns 1, no problem */ If li_Rtn = 1 Then ls_Error = ldw_Child.Modify ( "item_number_t.Text = ~'New Text~' ") /* ls_Error is empty string, no problem, but report do...

Getting datawindow Properties from within datawindow??
PB7.0.3 hi, i would like to create a custom userObject uo_myDW that inherits from DataWindow and stuff some default behaviour into it. For a new app i'm writing, i need a pile of input windows, all sharing the same functionality. I'd like to build uo_myDW so that in incorporates all standard 'inputDW-behaviour'. Here 's what i want to do For one of these functionalities mentioned above, i need the collection of uo_myDW's columns that are 'Tab-able' (have a tabindex > 0), and store them in a instance var ids_DWColumns for future reference. ...

Any way to get the parent of a child datawindow in a composite datawindow?
Using PB 8.0.3 9704 on Win2K. I have a DataWindowChild that came from a GetChild() call for a composite datawindow. At runtime, I don't "know" what composite datawindow is the parent of the child datawindow. Any ideas on how to get this information? I tried DataWindowChild.GetParent(). Compiles fine and "Help" says this should work, but all I get is a null object reference. Thanks in advance... Is this a problem with a poorly designed function signature? Succesfull GetChild call could ONLY have been done with having a reference to the datawindow...

Datawindow Syntax (Composit Datawindow)
Would you help me to create datawindow layout for the report of composite datawindow from DWsyntax at runtime? ...

accessing datawindow in composite datawindow
Hi All, I have a composite datawindow d_comp having two datawindow d_first and d_second. Using code, i want to save the content of the d_first and d_second datawindow content txt format. Is it possible to save the content using saveasascii or saveas function ?? i was trying to use dw_comp.object.d_first.saveasascii(ls_temptxfile,"~t","","~n") but getting error... Thanks . -Brijesh Hi, if that is really a composite datawindow you should be able to get a reference to d_first and d_second using getChild(). You get a DataWindowChild which impl...

ole datawindows and composite datawindow
I have 5 external datawindows that I will use for printing an enrollment form. Two are purely legal text that I am using an ole(word doc) for, one will be populated using embedded sql and setitem calls, and the other two are a combination of ole and external columns. Questions: 1. Does the normal process of dw_control.settransobject dw_control.retrieve work for ole based datawindows? 2. If this is the right approach, then do I "retrieve" the ole datawindows and populate my other datawindows first and then 3. retrieve the composite datawindow for preview and print ...

External Datawindow in a Composite Datawindow
Hi All I have a question. Can I use an extrernal datawindow in a composite datawindow? If yes, how do we access its properties. The specific problem is that I want to combine two dws. One is generated externally and the other is a simple tabular dw coming from a db. If I try to use getchild() then I do not have columns for get child. I am using PB 7.0.3 on Windows 2000 Server with MS SQL Server. Thanks. Sincerely Saleem > Can I use an extrernal datawindow in a composite datawindow? If yes, how do we > access its properties. ldw_dw.object.r_pumpputyyppi.object...

copying datawindows to a composite datawindow
hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have is that one of the windows can be modify by the user, therefore if I include the updatable dw in the composite it will not reflect the latest information. How can I make sure I that when the updatable dw is changed, the changes are reflected in the composite also. Do I have to copy the dw and if so how can I do that, or is there an easier way to do that. Thanks Jose In article <35B4BC1A.DCF5FD47@cs.fiu.edu>, joband02@cs.fiu.edu says... > hi, I have a window with 3 different dw-reports. The problem I have ...

Web resources about - how can I get or set property to a graph datawindow in a composite datawindow? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo