How can i direct reference columns and their data in a nested but not composite report.

hi to all,
In pb7.0 examples/data windows/retrieval/refereing nested reports the
example is fail.
I tried the same in a composite report and it works out. My question is how
can i
direct reference columns and their data in a nested but not composite
report.
Can anyone help me using the same example. All the code is in the window
w_nested_reference and the commandbutton cb_ok clicked event in pb7.0
examples.
Thanks in advance.

0
nick

How can I get the reference of nested report in datawindow?
I will like to insert or modify data in nested report. I am using pb65. thanks. simon Simon, Reference the DataWindow's GetChild() function in the on-line help. HTH Mark DeRosa CPD simon wrote in message ... >I will like to insert or modify data in nested report. >I am using pb65. > >thanks. > >simon > > GetChild() can only get reference to dddw or to a report in a composite dw. it can't get reference to nested report. simon Use the dot notation. e.g. dw_1.Object.nt_cutomer.Object.Data = dw_customer.Object.D...

Can't access nested report data through dwobject reference variable
Hi, I have a function that takes a dwobject variable by reference. This function does various things with that dwobject (a column object). It gets its type, coltype and data. Then it sets its data. Here's some snippets of syntax: string ls_type, ls_data[ ] ls_type = adwo_object.Type ls_data = adwo_object.Primary adwo_object.Primary = ls_data All of this works when a simple column object is passed to this function. Example of a call from within a datawindow control event: dwobject ldwo_object ldwo_object = this.Object.mycol inv_object.of_func(ldwo_object) I have t...

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Refer to column in a nested report
Hi, how can I refer to a column (or any other control) placed in a nested report from the main dw object? In different words, I have a computed field "compute_1" in a dw object called "mydw" which has to read data from a nested report "mynested" placed on "mydw". I need to do it in the dw painter only. Thanx I don't know of anyway to do this except thru script (not in the DW itself). > Hi, how can I refer to a column (or any other control) > placed in a nested report from the main dw object? In > different words, I have a comp...

Referring to data in a nested datawindow
I am using PowerBuilder 7 on NT4 with Sybase 11. I have a datawindow (dw_1) which contains a nested datawindow (dw_nested) on it. I would like to refer to the data in a field on the nested datawindow in script after the retrieve ends. Someone suggested that I use the GetChild() function to define the nested datawindow control and then refer to the field in the nested datawindow using dot notation. I have tried to do this, but I'm having a problem. When the following line of code executes: DataWindowChild dwc_nested ii_return = dw_1.GetChild('dw_nested', dwc_n...

Referring to data in a nested datawindow
I am using PowerBuilder 7 on NT4 with Sybase 11. I have a datawindow (dw_1) which contains a nested datawindow (dw_nested) on it. I would like to refer to the data in a field on the nested datawindow in script after the retrieve ends. Someone suggested that I use the GetChild() function to define the nested datawindow control and then refer to the field in the nested datawindow using dot notation. I have tried to do this, but I'm having a problem. When the following line of code executes: DataWindowChild dwc_nested ii_return = dw_1.GetChild('dw_nested', dwc_n...

How can I reference to a Nested Report?
how can i have access to a nested report? I need to change its SQL in runtime. I've tried with GetChild, but it returns -1 PB7.0 Win XP Thanks in advance Manuel; You have to use the "Dot" notation ... Assuming you have a nested DWO called "DW#2" with a Text object inside of that called "st_Title": DC.Object.DW#2.Object.st_Title.Background.Color = rgb (192, 192, 192) I still have no idea why Sybase has not allowed us to use the GetChild( ) on that type of DWO! HTH Regards ... Chris <Manuel> wrote in message news:44771f...

How to Create nested report in composite datawindow
What I try to do is to create a nested datawindow in a composite datawindow, this nested datawindow is created dynamicly according to an Datawindow syntax string. My problem is: Since the nested datawindow is dynamicly generated,it isn't exist in one library, so there is no dataobject.When I retrieve data using the composite datawindow,it tell me:"Load of nested report failed" My initial idea: I want to develope a control enable user to easily insert objects Such as: Text,picture,datawindow(report) and so on.The user can move and resize the objects.They can also chan...

To obtain the reference of a report in a datawindow composite
I have understood that with GetChild I obtain the reference of a report of a datawindow composite. I have in my application the following code: DataWindowChild dwc_orders integer lin_rtncode, lin_rows rtncode = dw_1.getchild('dw_detalle', dwc_orders) lin_rows = dwc_orders.rowcount() But I obtain the value -1 in the variable lin_rtncode, sends them an image with the painter of the DW composite to exemplify better. Because gives me the error value? Thanks -- --------------------------------------------------- Ing. Efrain ...

how can i get a reference to a nested report?
TIA -- Savoulidis Iordanis Athens - Greece Look at the online help for the GetChild ( ) and datawindowchild object type. Savoulidis Iordanis wrote in message ... > >TIA >-- >Savoulidis Iordanis >Athens - Greece > > Getchild concerns only composite reports and dddws. Not what I need. I want to use RowsCopy() getting the rows from a NESTED report. You need to use dot notation. Suppose you have datawindowcontrol dw_1 which contains a nested report called d_report in the column col_report. dw_1.Object.col_report[1].Object.d_report dw_...

reports about composite or nested datawindow style
I create a multi-datawindow report, and place two reports in detail field. I want to show the second datawindow rows behind the first ones. But in preview when the first datawindow list all rows, the second datawindow rows change to a new page, left a field of blank, how can I keep them stick together? Thank for help. ...

How to get data from nested report in datawindow?
I am using PB6.5 I used an nested report in current datawindow to get some data from database and I need to use data retrieved from nested report to compute in current window , and I do not how? Any help is apreciated... Mladen Mladen, If your nested report is on a composite DW and it doesn't itself have nested reports in it then you can use GetChild() to get a ref to the nested report then use the ref to call typical DW functions. Use those functions to grab the data and do what you want with it. If GetChild() doesn't work (because your DW doesn't match...

Error Message: The Hidden expression for the table ‘tblContactInfo’ refers to the field ‘PL_Admin_ShowInKit’. Report item expressions can only refer to fields within the current data set scope or, if
  Hi     I have a old report that was pointing to a different database, and i changed the connection string for that report and changed the field names (As per my new stored Procedure). In some places I keep getting this run time error, i have tried looking for all the hidden references to this field and i cannot find any parameter that the old database had.  The error messages that i get are as follows: [rsFieldReference] The Hidden expression for the table ‘tblContactInfo’ refers to the field ‘PL_Admin_ShowInKit’. Report item expressions can only refer to fields wi...

Datawindow with newspaper columns as a nested report
I have exactly the same problem: Nested report (datawindow) has a newspaper style. In preview it looks OK, but when I print it the data from the left newspaper column overlaps the data from the right one ( in my case: the top row on the first page only). I tried to run the newspaper datawindow separately (not as a nested report) and it came out fine. It looks like a problem of newspaper datawindow being a nested report. My current version is PB7.03 Build 10009. ...

Web resources about - How can i direct reference columns and their data in a nested but not composite report. - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 ( ETRS89 ) is a ECEF (Earth-Centered, Earth-Fixed) geodetic Cartesian reference frame , in which ...

Microsoft dismisses iPad Pro as “a companion device” and references old Steve Jobs stylus quote
... to be a companion device.” Laycock also said that “at one point in time, Apple declared that if there’s a stylus, that’s failure” – a reference ...

New York Times Removes Reference to President Obama and Cable News
... — Noah Rothman (@NoahCRothman) December 18, 2015 The Times story was published Thursday, but by Friday morning, the reference to cable news ...

Can you spot these classic film references hidden in Pixar movies?
The animators at Pixar definitely love to throw in allusions to some of their favorite movies in their own films. Vimeo user Jorge Luengo Ruiz ...

Here's how to remove all Donald Trump references when you're online
... screen, a new Google Chrome extension can help. Here's how the Trump Filter works. The extension " searches the web pages you visit for references ...

See The Classic Movie References Found In Pixar's Greatest Films
... all well aware of just how clever Pixar movies are. These emotionally engaging stories are full of intricate themes and crammed with references ...

Zootopia Trailer Adds a Godfather Reference to Disney Film - Collider
Watch a new trailer for the Disney animated movie Zootopia, which takes place in a world inhabited by talking animals and features Jason Bateman ...

Hillary Clinton Ends Democratic Debate With A Star Wars Reference
The other day, President Obama ended his White House press conference with a reference to The [...]

Review: Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones
These Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones are pretty darn fantastic, and worth every penny.`

O’Malley References How Old Clinton And Sanders Are While Explaining His ISIS Strategy
O’Malley References How Old Clinton And Sanders Are While Explaining His ISIS Strategy