Grid Datawindow Column Headers lost when visible set=0 then set = 1 in PB 7.0.3

Is there a fix or a way around the reported problem of the Column Headers
being blank in a datawindow Grid when you set the column Visible property
from 0 to 1. I have an application that allows a customer to create
Views/Profiles by selecting which columns in the datawindow they wish to
see/edit. All non-selected columns have the visible property set to 0. When
you change from one datawindow view/profile to another one that has a column
that was not visible in the previous view, the column header is blank ( even
though the visible property was changed to 1 ). This is a reported problem
in PB 7.0.3 Build 10071-10095 and in PB 8.0. I downloaded PB 7.0.3 EBF build
10180 and still have the problem.  I need a fix or a workaround like
yesterday! Thanks.

0
Richard

In the script that turns on the visibility of the column back on, also do
an explicit modify on the visible property of the header text.

--
This is a FAQ, read Help, then search www.groups.google.com

pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
Philip Salgannik

0
Philip_Salgannik
9/27/2002 4:52:09 PM
We Are using PB 7.0.3 Build 10150 we are not seeing this problem!
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:30:08 -0400,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow
Richard C. Kayser <richard.kayser@retalix.com> wrote:
>Is there a fix or a way around the reported problem of the Column Headers
>being blank in a datawindow Grid when you set the column Visible property
>from 0 to 1. I have an application that allows a customer to create
>Views/Profiles by selecting which columns in the datawindow they wish to
>see/edit. All non-selected columns have the visible property set to 0. When
>you change from one datawindow view/profile to another one that has a column
>that was not visible in the previous view, the column header is blank ( even
>though the visible property was changed to 1 ). This is a reported problem
>in PB 7.0.3 Build 10071-10095 and in PB 8.0. I downloaded PB 7.0.3 EBF build
>10180 and still have the problem.  I need a fix or a workaround like
>yesterday! Thanks.

0
Ashok
9/27/2002 5:03:26 PM
I have tried specific modify to make the column_header visible and it is
still  blank.
<Philip_Salgannik> wrote in message
> In the script that turns on the visibility of the column back on, also do
> an explicit modify on the visible property of the header text.
>
> --
> This is a FAQ, read Help, then search www.groups.google.com
>
> pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-))
> Philip Salgannik

0
Richard

IF you set column to width 0 in a datawindow grid, the column appear as a with column at the end of the grid
Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when we set columnwidths to '0'.. ICE I've not seen that. What version of PB are you using? What platform? On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:42:02 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow ICE <ICE@nospam.com> wrote: >Can you remove the white space at the end of a grid, it seems to appear when >we set columnwidths to '0'.. > > >ICE > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Not 1 - but 2 new books on developing with PowerBuilder...

Setting up PVCS 7.5.1 and PB 7.0.3
I am currently having trouble setting up pvcs with our pb7.0.3 development environment. I have both apps installed, a copy of my pbls both on the network and on my local harddrive. I have also created a project through powerbuilder and pointed it to the project database created by pvcs but when I try to register the objects in pb I get the message 'Registration of library entry failed'. Is there something that I don't have setup right? Also, I have read documentation that says I need to export all of the objects for them to be usable by pvcs but no documentation has ...

Need Basic Assistance setting up PB 10.5.1 Build 6021 application in ClearCase 7.0.0.1
Greetings to all, I've been working with PowerBuilder since the 4.0 days and I've worked with various source control systems - no problem until I meet ClearCase(either that, or I'm losing my mind!). Any way, as the long subject line says, I need basic assistance, a step-by-step guide, if possible. Here's where I'm at. I've converted the app from PB 6.5 to 10.5 and cleaned up the "edges". I've got a directory tree set up with a master directory and a subdirectory beneath it for each PBL. I've placed each PBL in it's subdirectory and...

stalled or no download: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060425 SUSE/1.5.0.3-7 Firefox/1.5.0.3
I experience stalled or no download of all (not only specific web-sites) using firefox while another browser "Konquereor" is working normally. Firefox is looking up.. connecting... transfering and then stalled sometimes I get the message "I cant find the server", suprisingly because the status shows transfering, or a login window for the router shows up what has not been seen with the other web browser. A second Linux PC in the network is working as supposed, the router is wide open... connection settings are alredy checked. May be anybody has a hint? Ber...

stalled transfer Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060425 SUSE/1.5.0.3-7 Firefox/1.5.0.3
I experience stalled or no download of all (not only specific web-sites) using firefox while another browser "Konquereor" is working normally. Firefox is looking up.. connecting... transferring and then stalled sometimes I get the message "I cant find the server", surprisingly because the status shows transferring, or a login window for the router shows up what has not been seen with the other web browser. A second Linux PC in the network is working as supposed, the router is wide open... connection settings are already checked. May be anybody has a hint? ...

#EBF1 -EAServer 3.6.1 C1/PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Release 7.0.3 02 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch
why is the #EBF1 not placed right - It is placed Under Powerbuilder EBFs/Downloads. Platform: Windows EAServer 3.6.1 C1/PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Release 7.0.3 02 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Localized Files 7.0.3 16 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch Sybase PowerBuilder and Sybase PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.3 C5 7.0.3 09 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.3 Maintenance Release 7.0.3 08 Dec 2000 EBF/Patch Sybase PowerBuilder Enterprise - PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.2 C4 Release 7.0.2 22 Nov 2000 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder DeskTop 7.0.2 (EBF) C3 Rele...

PB8.0.3.9704 Grid datawindow column visibility
Anyone having a problem with turning grid columns invisible and then back to visible in PB8.0.3.9704? Once you do this you lose the column headings and the 'divider' line between the columns is gone as well. This has been busted in all versions of PB8 (despite what Sybase support may claim). ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp This has been discussed here already. Turn the visibility of header objects back on. Turning the header visibility back on does not fix this issue. You still have the problem with...

Graph DataWindows in PB 7.0.3 Crash w/ "Divide by 0"
I just upgraded to PB 7.0.3. After I do a Full Rebuild of my application, it seems that all graph datawindows (or windows containing them) crash the application, with a GPF that mentions divide by 0. This happens whether I try to open the DW in the painter, or whether I run the application and try to use the window that contains the graph. I observed the same problem with the latest EBF version of PB 7.0.2 (C4, I believe) but was hoping that with a full release of 7.0.3 it would go away. The problem occurs even if I just try to create a simple new graph DW. As soon as I finis...

EAS 3.0.1 (PowerBuilder 7.0.1 MR)
Anyone notice... the official maintenance release to PowerBuilder 7.0 (and EAS) is now available... Thanks Sybase for keeping your deadlines. Check http://support.sybase.com Just a little caveat... read the readme and install instructions first. AM I can find the site for PB 7.0.1, but not for EAS 3.0.1. The PB7 page says: *** WARNING *** PowerBuilder 7.0 Enterprise customers should install EAStudio 3.0.1 Maintenance for updates to Jaguar, PowerDynamo, Adaptive Server Anywhere, PowerSite and AppModeler due to integrated product dependencies. and mentions a maintenanc...

About Datawindow
Hi, I have created a datawindow from a stored procedure created in MSSQL 7.0. I am passing arguments to the stored procedure. When I retrieve data for the datawindow I pass valid values for the arguments, but the datawindow prompts for the arguments again for the second time then shows the result. When it prompts second time for the arguments if I say cancel it still retrieves the data. This happens in the preview mode as well as through the script. What is going wrong ? Thanks in advance. Sorry Guys , I found the problem. Don't worry about it! LNN wrote in messag...

PB 7.0.3 C5 Localized files on PB 7.0.3 Desktop
Hi, I found a file in my.sybase.com that says: "PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Localized Files" Release Date: 16 Feb 2001 I have PB 7.0.3 Desktop, can I use this files? And what is C5? Is a Build code only for the Enterprise version of PB? Many Thanks Oliver Please help :-) Oliver Schulze L. wrote: > Hi, > I found a file in my.sybase.com that says: > "PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Localized Files" Release Date: 16 Feb 2001 > > I have PB 7.0.3 Desktop, can I use this files? > > And what is C5? Is a Build code only for the Enterprise ...

Jaguar CTS 3.0.1 coming with PowerBuilder 7.0.1
Hi, first of all, you will excuse my english - i'm trying ! We got a copy of PowerBuilder 7.0.1 Enterprise Edition who comes with Jaguar CTS 3.0.1 - We are just in the begining to build our application in a distributed PowerBuilder architecture and we want to use the Sybase solution with Jaguar Component Transaction Server. My questions is : Jaguar CTS 3.0.1 who comes with PB Enterprise 7.0.1 is enough to do the job ? We do not need EAServer 3.x ? What we need to deployed an application with this solution ? licenses ? What is the best documentation (a book to sugg) to re...

Downgrade from 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 to 7.0.0
What would be the issues involved, and what steps would be needed to downgrade from either 7.0.1 or 7.0.2 back down to 7.0.0? Am I stuck with offloading the databases to flat files, uninstalling, installing the mandated version, and then re-importing the flat files? Any advice for this Sybase newbie would be much appreciated. Thanks. No issues, easy steps... I often switch between point releases simply by copying/renaming subdirectories of C:\Program Files\Sybase. Each time I install a new upgrade or EBF I make a copy of the subdirectory; on *this* laptop it now looks like ...

Does Thunderbird 0.7.3 use the same language pack as 0.7.1 and 0.7.2?
Does Thunderbird 0.7.3 use the same language pack as 0.7.1 and 0.7.2? Javier Javier SOLA schreef: > > Does Thunderbird 0.7.3 use the same language pack as 0.7.1 and 0.7.2? > > Javier yes. :-) -- Thunderbird NL http://thunderbirdnl.mozdev.org ...

Web resources about - Grid Datawindow Column Headers lost when visible set=0 then set = 1 in PB 7.0.3 - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo