Graphs in a composite datawindow object - How do I control the color of the bars?

I have produced a number of datawindow objects of presentation style
GRAPH and data source of Stored Procedure. The graph type is COLUMN and
there is a Series of data presented (i.e., multple columns per category
value).  The colors chosen for these bars are; RED, GREEN, etc.

My client does not like the fact that we are presenting column(bar)
charts with Red, Green bars.  (Note: a fairly common form of color
blindness among men Red/Green color blindness.)

How can I control the selection of color for the bars.

Oh, one more piece of the puzzle.  These graphic datawindow objects are
part of composite datawindow objects.

                                            Len

0
Len

Hi Len,
As far as I konw you can control graph colors with SetSeriesStyle.
Unfortunately it applies only for graphs defined as a control on the window
or on the DW. It doesn't apply to separate graph reports. Maybe someone
knows  workaround? I'm also interested...

Joanna

Len Turkenkopf napisa�(a) w wiadomo�ci: <372A02E5.3D703810@idsi.net>...
>I have produced a number of datawindow objects of presentation style
>GRAPH and data source of Stored Procedure. The graph type is COLUMN and
>there is a Series of data presented (i.e., multple columns per category
>value).  The colors chosen for these bars are; RED, GREEN, etc.
>
>My client does not like the fact that we are presenting column(bar)
>charts with Red, Green bars.  (Note: a fairly common form of color
>blindness among men Red/Green color blindness.)
>
>How can I control the selection of color for the bars.
>
>Oh, one more piece of the puzzle.  These graphic datawindow objects are
>part of composite datawindow objects.
>
>                                            Len

0
Joanna
5/1/1999 6:17:36 AM
--------------5E89E472CEC0B08E29352965

Thanks for your reply Joanna.

I have created a datawindow object with a graph object on it.  The data source
is again a stored procedure.  As the SetSeriesStyle help suggested, I defined a
user event in the datawindow control for pbm_dwngraphcreate. In that event I
have the following code that changes the line color and turns off symbol for a
clip level line I set via overlay.

  li_rc = SetSeriesStyle ("gr_1", ls_seriesname, LineColor!  , RGB ( 0, 0, 0 ))

  FOR k = 1 TO li_catcount
       li_rc = SetDataStyle ( "gr_1", n, k, NoSymbol! ) /* n = series number
*/
  NEXT

This works fine in the graph but does not change the legend.

However, the following code in the event which should change the color of the
bar in the graph does not.
        li_rc = SetSeriesStyle ("gr_1", ls_seriesname, Shade!  , RGB ( 255, 0,
0 ))
The bar defaults to green and the RGB function should change it to red.

Where am I going wrong.

                Len

"Joanna Go�da" wrote:

> Hi Len,
> As far as I konw you can control graph colors with SetSeriesStyle.
> Unfortunately it applies only for graphs defined as a control on the window
> or on the DW. It doesn't apply to separate graph reports. Maybe someone
> knows  workaround? I'm also interested...
>
> Joanna
>
> Len Turkenkopf napisa�(a) w wiadomo�ci: <372A02E5.3D703810@idsi.net>...
> >I have produced a number of datawindow objects of presentation style
> >GRAPH and data source of Stored Procedure. The graph type is COLUMN and
> >there is a Series of data presented (i.e., multple columns per category
> >value).  The colors chosen for these bars are; RED, GREEN, etc.
> >
> >My client does not like the fact that we are presenting column(bar)
> >charts with Red, Green bars.  (Note: a fairly common form of color
> >blindness among men Red/Green color blindness.)
> >
> >How can I control the selection of color for the bars.
> >
> >Oh, one more piece of the puzzle.  These graphic datawindow objects are
> >part of composite datawindow objects.
> >
> >                                            Len

--------------5E89E472CEC0B08E29352965

Thanks for your reply Joanna.
The data source is again a stored procedure.&nbsp; As the SetSeriesStyle
help suggested, I defined a user event in the datawindow control for pbm_dwngraphcreate.
In that event I have the following code that changes the line color and
turns off symbol for a clip level line I set via overlay.
li_rc = SetSeriesStyle ("gr_1", ls_seriesname, LineColor!&nbsp; , RGB (
0, 0, 0 ))</font></font>
li_catcount</font></font>
li_rc = SetDataStyle ( "gr_1", n, k, NoSymbol! ) /* n = series number&nbsp;
*/</font></font>
of the bar in the graph does not.
li_rc = SetSeriesStyle ("gr_1", ls_seriesname, Shade!&nbsp; , RGB ( 255,
0, 0 ))</font></font>
red.
Len
window
and
color
are
Len

--------------5E89E472CEC0B08E29352965--

0
Len

datawindow.object.datawindow.objects ?
Hi? I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? string ls_objects ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) I hope to get a list of the controls in the datawindow objects. TIA ..Describe("DataWindow.Objects") On 5 Jan 2006 23:30:30 -0800, "Robert" <jooong@empal.com> wrote: >Hi? > >I used this syntax in PB9, how to use in datawindow.net with C#? > >string ls_objects >ls_objects = string(datawindow.object.datawindow.objects) > >I hope to get a list of the controls in the dataw...

Binding DataWindow object to DataWindow control
When we create a datawindow object we can bind it to datawindow control which actually i dont know to do, so i have dragged and dropped the objects onto a window then the source code generated is something like this dw_window is my window dw_1 is datawindow object on the window forward global type dw_window from window end type type st_1 from statictext within dw_window end type type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window end type end forward What this line of code specify? type dw_1 from datawindow within dw_window Is it that by dragging and dropping it automatically cr...

external datawindows, ole objects and a composite datawindow
I have 5 external datawindows that I will use for printing an enrollment form. Two are purely legal text that I am using an ole(word doc) for, one will be populated using embedded sql and setitem calls, and the other two are a combination of ole and external columns. Questions: 1. Does the normal process of dw_control.settransobject dw_control.retrieve work for ole based datawindows? 2. If this is the right approach, then do I "retrieve" the ole datawindows and populate my other datawindows first and then 3. retrieve the composite datawindow for preview and print ...

Error in putting datawindow object in datawindow control
When I choose dataobject from the Datawindow Control's Property Tab and save, Powerbuilder always crashes. If I restart PowerBuilder, the dataobject is already saved. Could anybody help me??? Same thing happend to me in previous version of 902 7509 <Rachel> wrote in message news:418669eb.61f4.1681692777@sybase.com... > When I choose dataobject from the Datawindow Control's > Property Tab and save, Powerbuilder always crashes. If I > restart PowerBuilder, the dataobject is already saved. > Could anybody help me??? ...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Powerbuilder Datawindow graph control
Sir, Please let me know the powerbuilder command to add a series dynamically in a datawindow graph style control. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

HALDUU/CANU Replace the DataWindow Object dynamically in a DataWindow control
I have an existing datawindow control for which I need to present different looks depending on the department using the control. There is quite a bit of logic around it so what I wanted to do do was resave with a different name of my original datawindow object and then use either object in the control. Thus when 1 type of user comes in 1 dw object is displayed and used and when another user type comes in another dw object is used. I believe I could probably use .ShareData, but was hoping I could simply replace the datawindow object for a single control (have done something similar f...

how can I get or set property to a graph datawindow in a composite datawindow?
I make a composite style datawindow. There is a graph style datawindow in it. I can't get or set the graph style datawindow 's property like title, values.label and or so. the graph style datawindow 's datasource is extern data. I do it like this: datawindow dw_child dw_composite.getchild('graph', dw_child) dw_child.object.gr_1.title = 'hello' It failed! then I use this datastore ds_1 ds_1 = create datastore ds_1.dataobject = 'data_graph' ds_1.object.gr_1.title = 'hello' datawindow dw_child dw_composite.getchild('grap...

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Changing graph colors in a composite datawindow
I have a composite datawindow that contains 4 graph datawindows. Is there any way to change the colors used on the graph? I tried using GetChild to access the graph but SetDataStyle is not a method of the datawindowchild object. Thanks John ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp You can change the colors for a datawindow but not in a composite report. I tried saving to a psr and retrieving it back in but it lost its new colors, getfullstate doesn't work either. //this is the code to change the color of the da...

Help! How do you link differents datawindow objects to a datawindow control during runtime?
I am developing a system in which I need to link a Datawindow control with differents Datawindow objects in runtime.Therefore, I set the Datawindow control property DATAOBJECT with the value of the datawindow object I want (dw_1.dataobject = "dw_object1"), and then I change it with other values during execution, doing dw_1.dataobject = "dw_object2" in the script (of course then I do dw_1.settransobject(transaction_object)...). When I run the system into PowerBuilder's environment (with the Run painter), THE SYSTEM WORKS. I made the executable without probl...

IS A BUG?. How do you link differents datawindow objects to a datawindow control during runtime?
Pablo Rovedo wrote: >I am developing a system in which I need to link a Datawindow control with differents Datawindow objects in >runtime.Therefore, I set the Datawindow control property DATAOBJECT with the value of the datawindow object I want >(dw_1.dataobject = "dw_object1"), and then I change it with other values during execution, doing dw_1.dataobject = >"dw_object2" in the script (of course then I do dw_1.settransobject(transaction_object)...). >When I run the system into PowerBuilder's environment (with the Run painter),THE SYSTEM WORKS. ...

Use DataWindow Object Properties in DataWindow Object Expression
Hi all, Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which reference the color property of COLUMN_B. I don't know how to access properties in expressions. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Alex You can use the Describe() function. Alex wrote in message <362D543F.F34B5F33@hotmail.com>... >Hi all, > Can I make use of the properties of objects in the expression? >For example, can I set an expression in COLUMN_A's color property which >reference the color property of...

Web resources about - Graphs in a composite datawindow object - How do I control the color of the bars? - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo