Getting a reference to a nested report object.

Hi guys,

Anyone know a way of getting a reference to a nested report
object.

I almost want to do something like

reportObjectDataType reportObject

for i = rows to 0 step -1
   reportObect = dw_main.GetItemReport('nested_report_name',
rownumber)
   var = reportObject.value
   if var = 'this' then
      dw_main.deleteRow(i)
   end if
next

I realise that this won't work but hope it shows what I am
trying to do...

Could really use some help, it will be a mission to change
the report to to return the rows I dont' want in the first
place (belive it or not).

Many thanks.
0
alexis

Search Help for "nested objects, property expressions"
It sounds to me like you would be better off with a WHERE NOT EXISTS clause
in the SQL.
Or maybe joining the test value as an invisible field and filtering.

--
Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

<alexis.coles> wrote in message news:4afd99ff.2937.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi guys,
>
> Anyone know a way of getting a reference to a nested report
> object.
>
> I almost want to do something like
>
> reportObjectDataType reportObject
>
> for i = rows to 0 step -1
>   reportObect = dw_main.GetItemReport('nested_report_name',
> rownumber)
>   var = reportObject.value
>   if var = 'this' then
>      dw_main.deleteRow(i)
>   end if
> next
>
> I realise that this won't work but hope it shows what I am
> trying to do...
>
> Could really use some help, it will be a mission to change
> the report to to return the rows I dont' want in the first
> place (belive it or not).
>
> Many thanks.

0
Jerry
11/13/2009 7:11:00 PM
Check out this article : http://pbdj.sys-con.com/node/42518
"Restore and Retrieve Algorithms for a DataWindow with Nested Reports"

I've used this 'method' to 'retrieve' on a nested report (retrieve on a
local ds and using rowscopy to populate the neste report)

"alexis.coles" skrev i nyhetsmeldingen: 4afd99ff.2937.1681692777@sybase.com
> Hi guys,
>
> Anyone know a way of getting a reference to a nested report
> object.
>
> I almost want to do something like
>
> reportObjectDataType reportObject
>
> for i = rows to 0 step -1
>   reportObect = dw_main.GetItemReport('nested_report_name',
> rownumber)
>   var = reportObject.value
>   if var = 'this' then
>      dw_main.deleteRow(i)
>   end if
> next
>
> I realise that this won't work but hope it shows what I am
> trying to do...
>
> Could really use some help, it will be a mission to change
> the report to to return the rows I dont' want in the first
> place (belive it or not).
>
> Many thanks.

Reference a datawindow object (nested report) in a datawindow
Is it possible to reference a datawindow object in a datawindow? My scenario : I have a datawindow (composite) which holds another datawindow (nested report). This child datawindow has a OLE ActiveX object which I am trying to access from the window which holds the composite datawindow. The reason for this is because I need to access the ActiveX properties/functions after the composite datawindow have been retrieved. I've tried to get a reference to the child datawindow : //DataWindowChild dwc_activex dw1.getchild("dw_activex", dwc_activex) But as datawi...

Urgent
Dear all, I'm using PB 6.5.1. I have a report with the following layout: Datawindow A contain Datawindow B, Datawindow B contain Datawindow C And I want to get a reference to Datawindow C. However, I tried to use GetChild() for Datawindow B. It retured -1. Thus, I also tried to get another Datawindow D which is nested in Datawindow A and no nested datawindow nested in it. Then, using GetChild is worked for this case. Am I missing something?? is there any other way round?? Any ideas or suggestion are welcome. Thanks in Advance. Best Regards, Andy Cheung ...

How can I get the reference of nested report in datawindow?
I will like to insert or modify data in nested report. I am using pb65. thanks. simon Simon, Reference the DataWindow's GetChild() function in the on-line help. HTH Mark DeRosa CPD simon wrote in message ... >I will like to insert or modify data in nested report. >I am using pb65. > >thanks. > >simon > > GetChild() can only get reference to dddw or to a report in a composite dw. it can't get reference to nested report. simon Use the dot notation. e.g. dw_1.Object.nt_cutomer.Object.Data = dw_customer.Object.D...

Datawindow with report object! How to get a doubleClick in report
PB 9.0 I have a datawindow with a report object ( a datawindow with detail information ) How is it possible to determine the rownumber, when the user makes a doubleclick in the report object ?? Thanks for any help Peter GetObjectAtPointer()? -- This is a FAQ, read Help, then search www.groups.google.com/advanced_group_search pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip Salgannik "Peter Stojkovic" <Peter.Stojkovic@gmx.net> wrote in message news:3fcafbcd$1@forums-1-dub... > PB 9.0 > > I have a datawindow with a report object ( a datawindow wi...

Problem Created Nested Report Object On Report DataWindow
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213. I face a problem creating a Sub-Report Object on an existing Report Data window. When ever I try to do this the system crushes. I also tried to copy an existing sub-report object from another datawindow. In this case the system does not crush, but all columns on the main datawindow, having a ddlb edit style, loose the ddlb information. (Even if you define them again, when you close & reopen the datawindwo, they are gone)! Any help appreciated Thanks In Advance Stelios ...

getting the reference to a nested report
Hi, I have a tabular report (dw_list) with in the detail band a nested report (dw_nested). How can I get a reference to the nested report?? In a composite report one can do something like: datawindowchild ldwc dw_composite.getchild("nameNestedReport",ldwc) ldwc.SetTransObject(SQLCA) ldwc.insertrow(0) ... (or one can use sharedata to fill the nested report) However, if dw_list is not a composite report, dw_list.getchild("nameNestedReport",ldwc) DOES NOT WORK Is there a way to get the reference to the nested report?? Is the...

Get Reference to a nested datawindow
Hi all!... I have a little problem. I 'm using PB 8 and i need to get reference to a nested dw in a main dw. I have main datawindow, say dw_print, and a nested dw called dw_1. I'm trying to use dot syntax to get reference to nested datawindow dw_1, as i have read in old posts, but i take an error when applying this solution. In the old posts (relatively to PB 7) someone suggested to use this notation: ====================================================== dwcontrol.Object.nestedcontrolname { [row ] } .Object.dwcontrolname. & property { .property } { = value }...

Getting reference to nested reports
In PB 6.5, I can't do a GetChild to get access to a nested report, unless the DW is a Composite. Anyone know if that has changed in PB 7/8? The limitation is still there in 7.x and 8.0. -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com http://www.exp.com/app/expertProfile?expertID=512231 "Jim Deerkoski" <jimdeer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E4m5U0rSBHA.210@forums.sybase.com... > In PB 6.5, I can't do a GetChild to get access to a nested report, unless > the DW is a Composite. > > Anyone know i...

Modify a text object in a nested report object before execute the report
I'm trying to modify the text object in a nested report. I'm using this syntax: dw_report.Object.nested[1].Object.textobject.text = "Work Please" When I run the report and the nested report has rows this works very well. However when the nested report hasn't rows or it's not created because the report that contains it wasn't executed yet (but the report is created, not retrieved), this syntax returns this error :Error Accessing external Object property Object. If is possible, how I can change a property of a nested report before it's retrie...

Modify a text object in a nested report object before execute the report
I'm trying to modify the text object in a nested report. I'm using this syntax: dw_report.Object.nested[1].Object.textobject.text = "Work Please" When I run the report and the nested report has rows this works very well. However when the nested report hasn't rows or it's not created because the report that contains it wasn't executed yet (but the report is created, not retrieved), this syntax returns this error :Error Accessing external Object property Object. If is possible, how I can change a property of a nested report before it's retrieve...

Getting a reference/handle to nesteds reports
I have a datawindow with several nested reports. I wish to get a handle to each of them and then try and export their contents to flat text. I thought <dw_control>.getchild(<'name of nested report'>,<datawindowchild variable>) would work, but it returns a -1. I'm using PB6.5, Windows2000 Pro. It is absolutely correct and must work. Check for the correctness of 'name of nested report'. Stuart_O'_Donnell wrote: > I have a datawindow with several nested reports. > > I wish to get a handle to each of them and then try...

Get objects of nested report dynamically
I want to get the objects of a nested report. But I want to write this dynamically... In the example : dw_grid is the main datawindow dw_1 is a nested report Is it possible to use a variable instead of dw_1 ?? string ls_Objects ls_Objects = dw_grid.object.dw_1.object.Datawindow.Objects I have tried to write the syntax with describe() function but it doesn't work. (ls_objects = '!') This example (under) works fine but I still have the same problem. The nested report is not dynamic. I still have to use dw_1 ... ...

How to get data from nested report in datawindow?
I am using PB6.5 I used an nested report in current datawindow to get some data from database and I need to use data retrieved from nested report to compute in current window , and I do not how? Any help is apreciated... Mladen Mladen, If your nested report is on a composite DW and it doesn't itself have nested reports in it then you can use GetChild() to get a ref to the nested report then use the ref to call typical DW functions. Use those functions to grab the data and do what you want with it. If GetChild() doesn't work (because your DW doesn't match...

Getting a reference to a DW in a nested report
I need to get a reference to a datawindow in a nested report. The format (dw_1.Object.rpt_1) gets me a dwObject reference. I need an actual datawindow reference. Please, no off the cuff answers (and flat out uninformed answers). TeamPS preferred. Mail or post answer (preferably both) at wmarshal@ca.coopers.com. Wade Marshall Coopers & Lybrand Consulting Edmonton, AB, Canada. Wade, There are quite a few restrictions when dealing with nested DWs. Is this a true nest (i.e., an instance per master row), or a nest inside a composite? You can get a child handle on a nest ...

Web resources about - Getting a reference to a nested report object. - sybase.powerbuilder.datawindow

European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 ( ETRS89 ) is a ECEF (Earth-Centered, Earth-Fixed) geodetic Cartesian reference frame , in which ...

New York Times Removes Reference to President Obama and Cable News
... — Noah Rothman (@NoahCRothman) December 18, 2015 The Times story was published Thursday, but by Friday morning, the reference to cable news ...

Reference Pricing tweak for Medicaid
Reference pricing is a common payment reform for commercial insurance. Common, non-urgent, deferrable procedures are prime candidates. Hip replacement ...

New Apple TV ads are clever reference to Six Colors design - Business Insider Deutschland
The new Apple TV ads are a reference to a crucial time in Apple history.

Donald Trump prompts Nazi references
Some conservatives and political commentators say the GOP frontrunner's rhetoric has crossed the line

Hillary Clinton Ends Democratic Debate With A Star Wars Reference
The other day, President Obama ended his White House press conference with a reference to The [...]

Review: Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones
These Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones are pretty darn fantastic, and worth every penny.`

Kentucky Grade School Scrubs All References To Christianity In ‘Charlie Brown Christmas’
Kentucky Grade School Scrubs All References To Christianity In ‘Charlie Brown Christmas’

Now you can bookmark Google image searches for later reference
Normally, image searches on Google are ephemeral things and gone the moment you close the browser tab. However, a new feature on the search giant's ...

How To Get the References You Need For the Job You Really Want
How To Get the References You Need For the Job You Really Want