Get the datawindow property value

Hi, all.

I know I can get the datawindow property definition using describe().
For example, if I set the width of column named "test" as: 20 * getrow(),
then I can use describe("test.width") to get that definition.

My question is: how can I get the really width value (not the expression
string) in each row of that column?

Best regards.

Feng

0
Feng

Use the Evaluate function within Describe.  eg
dw_1.Describe("evaluate('"+dw_1.Describe("test.width")+"', rownumber))

HTH

Simon

Feng Zhu wrote in message <0Jwjrjvz9GA.227@forums.powersoft.com>...
>Hi, all.
>
>I know I can get the datawindow property definition using describe().
>For example, if I set the width of column named "test" as: 20 * getrow(),
>then I can use describe("test.width") to get that definition.
>
>My question is: how can I get the really width value (not the expression
>string) in each row of that column?
>
>Best regards.
>
>Feng

0